Anyone else LOSING Health WHILE in DS?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Noble.3647

Noble.3647

Q:

Has anyone else noticed that you were losing health WHILE in Death Shroud?

I noticed this disturbing event first in WvW the other day, but thought I was imagining thing.

Then today in PvP I was looking at my health WHILE I prepared to lose DS (it was dropping fairly rapidly) when I saw my health bar suddenly drop by over 1,000 points?!! [At the time I still had at least 1/4 of my LF Meter.] A couple of seconds later DS was depleted & with only 200 HP left I was downed nearly instantly.

If this is the case – either it needs to be fixed, or we need a new Profession Mechanic.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

A:

ok I just did some testing, with roughly 150 attempts of using DS, I got this bug to happen 3 times. What it seems to be is the “overflow” mechanic is bugging out and dumping damage to the health pool too early. Here is why I came to that conclusion:

Out of the 150 tries and the 3 times it happened, it only happened while I was-

• taking damage
  • low on LF

Never once did it happen while I was just draining LF statically, nor did it happen while I was reasonably full on LF. It was always around the 15% or less mark. Do what you will with this info, some may disagree, and I know it needs a larger sample size, but I wanted to just get some preliminary tests going to see if I could actually get it to happen to me since I hadn’t noticed it before.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

in Necromancer

Posted by: aDemoNnDisguisE.8576

aDemoNnDisguisE.8576

Working as intended… I believe the balance team has indicated that they intend to introduce a new buff to the necro next patch.

The necro health pool will also lose 20% health every 10secs until below the Siphoned Power trigger point.

Gain might when your health falls below the threshold.

IMHO this will be a game breaking patch, the necro will be so OP that no one will play any other profession.

How does one Char assert his power over another?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kahrgan.7401

Kahrgan.7401

Working as intended… I believe the balance team has indicated that they intend to introduce a new buff to the necro next patch.

The necro health pool will also lose 20% health every 10secs until below the Siphoned Power trigger point.

IMHO this will be a game breaking patch, the necro will be so OP that no one will play any other profession.

source?

Don’t call anyone out on their BS, that’s an infraction and a deleted post. —Anet.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

source?

Not sure if stupid or playing along…

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

Noble.3647

I have only seen it happen twice, but wondered if there was some unknown cause.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Emapudapus.1307

Emapudapus.1307

Yup also happened to me once just few days ago. I had 90% of health than poped the ds. When ds ended or jsut before it did i only got 30% hp left. It was so anoying, it happened in pvp tourney and died cuz of it. Sadly no proof.

all is vain

in Necromancer

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

Working as intended. This isn’t a nerf. :P

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

in Necromancer

Noble.3647

Didn’t say it was a nerf, but I think it may be a glitch. I’d like to know the cause, and the fact that Emapudapus.1307 experienced it as well means I was not hallucinating.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

loads if instagibs happen when in DS with 3/4 LF and over 1/2 hp..with well over 2.5 armor.
best part is that damage never shows up on combatlogs so you have no clue what it could be.. except lag i guess.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

a) channeled skills tend to not start leaking LF instead of HP if you get a first hit while not in DS since the change
b) HP removal and reflects/ally damage/other random technically non unit damage tends to plain hit hp no matter what effects or buffs you got and last but not least plain lag sometimes makes it seem that you got LF left but you dont.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

Posted by: victornajduch.4859

victornajduch.4859

Do you maybe have conditions on you when you enter death shroud?

Edit*

According to the wiki, you’re not supposed to take health damage in DS -

While in Death Shroud, the necromancer’s health is temporarily replaced by their life force pool, and all damage dealt will be inflicted to the life force pool instead of the necromancer’s normal health pool.

in Necromancer

Noble.3647

b) HP removal and reflects/ally damage/other random technically non unit damage tends to plain hit hp no matter what effects or buffs you got and last but not least plain lag sometimes makes it seem that you got LF left but you dont.

Do you have any examples?

Do you maybe have conditions on you when you enter death shroud?

No, I did not. Though, I have gone into DS after getting conditions (when low on life) & not died, because the conditions eat up LF & not health.

According to the wiki, you’re not supposed to take health damage in DS -

EXACTLY! And that is why I am confused. It is more disturbing since others are experiencing the problem as well.

in Necromancer

Posted by: borrok.9267

borrok.9267

Didn’t say it was a nerf, but I think it may be a glitch. I’d like to know the cause, and the fact that Emapudapus.1307 experienced it as well means I was not hallucinating.

Working as intended. Anet has hinted that there is a secret use to DS and it is the most over powered function in the game. Rumors are they are planning on adding a feature that loses 3% health per attack while in death shroud to ATTEMPT to balance.

Teef master race

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

This is NOT a bug. It was always intended that Necromancers lose health while in Deathshroud, but the tool tip is currently wrong. DS is the most powerful class skill in the game already… can you imagine how OP it would be if you didn’t lose health for the duration?

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

in Necromancer

Posted by: Unpredictability.4086

Unpredictability.4086

You’re supposed to make up for it with siphoning.

in Necromancer

Noble.3647

DS and it is the most over powered function in the game.

No, that would be Invisibility.

DS is the most powerful class skill in the game

No, again, that is INVISIBILITY. Though Illusions would be a not too distant second.

can you imagine how OP it would be if you didn’t lose health for the duration?

Yeah, have been living (not imagining) it since Beta.

If Anet is going to screw up DS entirely, then they really need to scrap the Necromancer Profession entirely and start all over – stop trying to cling to concepts created in GW1 that no longer apply and stop nerfing the Necro stuff that works & keeping the stuff that does not (Gluttony anyone, among many more).

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

MMhh really i never had that problem (or never realized it), maybe it happen only in some situations like the down state bug?

in Necromancer

Noble.3647

Thanks Nay of the Ether, and did you happen to notice how much your health dropped by? The second time I know mine dropped by over 1000 points.

in Necromancer

Posted by: sierras.6297

sierras.6297

I always thought the way that death shroud ES balanced was as you lose LF, you attacks get weaker. I that’s how it was in beta and that’s how I have kind of associated it. I have never had this glitch happen, and pray to god it doesn’t ever.

Oscuro Sombra~lv. 80 Thief|Oscuro Uno~lv. 80 Necro|
Oscuro Tanque~lv. 80 Guardian|
[RaW] Kaineng

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

Thanks Nay of the Ether, and did you happen to notice how much your health dropped by? The second time I know mine dropped by over 1000 points.

Well I’ve pretty much quit playing my necro now, but if I recall it was varied, but I don’t think it ever went over 1k. I’d say in the range of 300-1k.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Phenn.5167

Phenn.5167

I believe the patch will introduce a level degen as well. For every second spent in DS, you’ll lose one level. If this happens to reduce your HP pool below the fatal amount, you’ll also die.

And lose another level.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

You’re supposed to make up for it with siphoning.

Do you play necro? Siphoning does not work while in DS :/

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Patch Notes

Necromancer

• The tooltip for Death Shroud has been corrected to reflect its true functionality. It now reads:
    Assume a spectral form and gain new skills, turning your life force into health. Entering this form removes other spectral effects. Lose 1,000 health when Life Force decreases to 15%.
So many souls, so little time. ~ Kraag Deadsoul

in Necromancer

Noble.3647

Patch Notes

Necromancer

• The tooltip for Death Shroud has been corrected to reflect its true functionality. It now reads:
    Assume a spectral form and gain new skills, turning your life force into health. Entering this form removes other spectral effects. Lose 1,000 health when Life Force decreases to 15%.

Thanks, that would fit, but I could not find those notes, and the tooltip has yet to be corrected.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Patch Notes

Necromancer

Thanks, that would fit, but I could not find those notes, and the tooltip has yet to be corrected.

He’s joking. Unless you’re professionally counter-joking with a serious response, I just wanted to make sure you knew it wasn’t an actual thing they put in the patch notes.

The thousand screams from the Necro empire would blot out the sun if something like that actually happened.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

The thousand screams from the Necro empire would blot out the sun if something like that actually happened.

Only to fall on ArenaNet’s deaf ears.

Though I was joking, we’ve been subjected to equally ludicrous “WTF?!?!?” nerfs in the past. So let’s cross our fingers and hope they don’t take the joke seriously.

So many souls, so little time. ~ Kraag Deadsoul