Anyone else find it funny...

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

how since Deathly Chill was op before… they just nerfed it into uselessness? XD

I mean really. How is this even a grandmaster trait?

in Necromancer

Posted by: DTATL.9641

DTATL.9641

useless? not really. It’s still a pretty decent condi trait. Grandmaster worthy? nope.
Reaper doesn’t have any grandmaster traits. it has 6 master traits. The only one that’s worthy of being grandmaster would be Decimate Defences. But really, the only reason we take reaper is for reapershroud.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Reknarok.7582

Reknarok.7582

i like chilling nova, decimate defences, chilling victory, blighters boon, and deathly chill

but none of them are grandmaster worthy traits, not compared to things like the daredevil dodge grandmasters

literally the only reason i take reaper is for the shroud cause the old shroud is so unbearably slow and rise

cmon anet, can you just stop making us literally everyones punching bags

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

how since Deathly Chill was op before… they just nerfed it into uselessness? XD

I mean really. How is this even a grandmaster trait?

I gave up on Anet reasoning when they removed Chill-dmg and halfed all chill duration yet buffed Confusion by giving it a tick-dmg… enough said

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zero.3871

Zero.3871

everyclass ever flame so long until they get pushed. only necs stopped flaming before years because anet did never something for nec and we loose hope, thats the reason nec will be weaker and weaker with every patch.

look at the guys which flame that necro 2 lifebars are sooo OP while playing warri and have 1000+ reg every sec and hitting with 8k+ .
Or playing mesm with 1000 invuln.,blocks,invis and nearly NO COOLDOWNS while hitting you just with f1 6 times with 3000k+ dmg while you have 3000k armor.
Or druid with massive heal, OP pets, 1500 range.
Or….i think you understand^^

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Well i think it was a good think that they changed deathly chill to it current iteration. It was terrible for pve because the damage didnt stack making 2 condi necro with the trait bad. Now it doesnt matter.

Now of course wether the damage of this trait is in a good place or not i am not sure.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

Reaper’s underwhelming traits are the worst part about Reaper.

I miss the old deathly chills in spvp, I ran a condi build with an axe because chill ticked 700 and all I had to was land it with sigil of ice and axe #2, then go shroud and Dhuumfire. People fell down a lot.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

If they had added one more bleed stack, Deathly Chill would not be so bad, obviously.

Right now, Chilling Victory + Blighter’s Boon > anything + Deathly Chill, even on a condition damage build. CV and BB both help with LF generation.

I have been running Spite, Curses, and Soul Reaping in my condition damage builds this week. Taking Greatsword does not feel worth the investment when sceper’s bleed stack drops and GS forces me into melee with poorer LF generation.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

This was definitely written by a pvp player. And by pvp player I mean someone that purely plays pvp and thinks there are no other game modes aside from it.

It was op in pvp and useless in pve. So they changed it. Funny that when it was changed, people were actually complaining that the bleed duration was too long and needed nerfing.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in Necromancer

Posted by: DTATL.9641

DTATL.9641

If they had added one more bleed stack, Deathly Chill would not be so bad, obviously.

While more bleeds would be nice and bring it closer to what it was. A big part of the nerf was that it’s bleeds. Bleeds is basically our main dmg condition and if they cleanse the bleeds most of our dmg is gone. They have said that they didn’t want the other condis because they don’t only deal dmg but I guess they forgot about burning. I would much rather have the same dmg in short burst of burning than the bleeds(and burning can work thematically as frostburn is a thing).I know this doesn’t mean much in pve but it make all the difference in pvp.

in Necromancer

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

It’s a joke and needs to be reverted back to what it was.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

It’s a joke and needs to be reverted back to what it was.

Or even better. Do a pvp/pve split.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

It is a better trait when it comes to functionality (chill gives another condition instead of chill ticks damage on its own). The only thing is that the numbers may need adjustment.

I would argue though that condi reaper does not need buffs. Ideally, core necromancer, power necro/reaper should see a buff.

in Necromancer

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

Yeah, was ironic PvE necros all hailed & praised the deathly chill nerf. Because bleed stacks well in PvE where as chill damage didn’t stack before. This nerf hurt PvP necros, as chill damage was our unique condi burst which we could utilize to make condi gameplay a bit more interesting.

Of course chill duration nerf at the same time smacked us pretty hard, it also hurt power builds because power reapers relied on chill to stick to enemies. Anyways, this nerf will always be one of the prime examples for the call to separate PvP & PvE balance.

Oh and I firmly believe that had they implemented no class stacking rule in season 2 when condi necros were op & everywhere, they likely wouldn’t even need to nerf that much. We all agreed chill damage needed a small nerf, but none of that was our fault because it was Anet that buffed it in the first place. Class stacking was what made things ridiculous, facing 3-4 necros each game in season 2 was like facing 3-4 DH each game right now. I don’t get why Anet won’t do for ranked what they did for esports.

in Necromancer

Anchoku.8142

It was perma-chill in PvP that forced the nerf. Chill is at least as powerful as burning, even without condition damage. That is why it still stacks in duration with a limit of 5. Decreasing movement speed and increasing cool down by 2/3 left opponents helpless.

The conversion to bleeds could have given equivalent condition damage but now we have bleed-on-chill, meaning Necromancer has to build for both conditions and greatsword must compete with scepter.

The opportunity cost is too much now so greatsword ended up not having a trait that turned it into a hybrid weapon.

All Arenanet needs to do is add more bleeds and chill builds will work again.

in Necromancer

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

It was perma-chill in PvP that forced the nerf. Chill is at least as powerful as burning, even without condition damage.

Disagree, nobody complained about chill before chill damage was added. It was actually considered one of the more useless condi’s. There’s a reason people aren’t complaining about chill right now, even though we still got plenty of access to it.

As for perma-chill, that was a result of class stacking. A single necro wasn’t able to perma-chill any team. But during season 2, necros were stacked, you often saw 3-4+ necros each game. It was annoying being chilled over and over by multiple necros, even for us. Much like it’s annoying to get pulled & insta trapped on by 3-4 DH’s today. Class stacking is root of all evils. It’s so bad, Anet had to implement a no class stacking rule for pro tourneys, because they couldn’t balance the classes well enough. It’s a wonder why they haven’t implemented the no class stacking rule in ranked.

You also have to remember the meta back during season 2. It was bunker meta, and necros naturally counter bunker builds. No surprise there why people complained about necros as much as they did. Because they were mostly playing these lame bunker builds that wouldn’t die. I blame Anet more than anything else for not getting control of their own game & class balance.

Everybody knew chill needed a nerf. But it didn’t need to get butchered the way it did. A class defining trait, one that made reaper the elite class that they are, an unique trait, should not have been destroyed that way. Anet took the lazy way out. And again it was Anet who over-buffed deathly chill in the first place when no one asked them to buff it.

in Necromancer

Anchoku.8142

Reaper, as it was released, had the capability to keep chill up near 100% with the right build.

Stacking, of course, meant any two Reapers could keep an entire team permanently chilled with less optimization.

The effect of chill on cool down timers is powerful. A little bit is inconvenient and few people notice.

Consider Well of Darkness. If it pulsed more frequently, it would work like a block and that would be too much for one Necro, much less two. And then remember the Chilling Darkness nerf.

Arena net have let boons and conditions escalate away from them. I think they need to dial back the quantity and increase the quality. Who complains about receiving a single blind, much less a stack of vulnerability? People play through a stack of burning, now. Please pardon the rant but conditions and boons have been losing significance in this game since it’s release.

in Necromancer

Posted by: wolfyrik.2017

wolfyrik.2017

Reaper, as it was released, had the capability to keep chill up near 100% with the right build.

Stacking, of course, meant any two Reapers could keep an entire team permanently chilled with less optimization.

The effect of chill on cool down timers is powerful. A little bit is inconvenient and few people notice.

Consider Well of Darkness. If it pulsed more frequently, it would work like a block and that would be too much for one Necro, much less two. And then remember the Chilling Darkness nerf.

Arena net have let boons and conditions escalate away from them. I think they need to dial back the quantity and increase the quality. Who complains about receiving a single blind, much less a stack of vulnerability? People play through a stack of burning, now. Please pardon the rant but conditions and boons have been losing significance in this game since it’s release.

Couldn’t agree more on all points. Especially boons and conditions which are running amok now. The best classes and builds are the one which can add the biggest stacks the most quickly. That can’t be right.

in Necromancer

Posted by: IonoI.3956

IonoI.3956

I wasn’t playing at the time of the patch, but if i understand right it’s still good. instead of chill doing damage, now it applies bleed stacks which means you can stack with other necros.
The bleed stacks will last longer than the chill, but if you really want to have something chilled 100% then it’s still possible.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Reknarok.7582

Reknarok.7582

I wasn’t playing at the time of the patch, but if i understand right it’s still good. instead of chill doing damage, now it applies bleed stacks which means you can stack with other necros.
The bleed stacks will last longer than the chill, but if you really want to have something chilled 100% then it’s still possible.

it’s good in pve cause the damage doesn’t overlap with multiple necros, but in pvp it was a huge nerf. literally was a form of condi burst, now it’s just “oh okay, couple of bleeds”

in Necromancer

Anchoku.8142

PvE was seriously nerfed for all solo/small group content with the loss of chill up-time. Combined with the low bleed dps, greatsword could no longer work as a hybrid weapon.

Using greatsword with Deathly Chill builds became too inferior to Chilling Victory and Blighter’s Boon power and straight scepter bleed builds.

Without greatsword being able to maintain significant condition damage dps by itself, only Reaper Shroud’s mobility is attractive on a condi/scepter build. Chill up-time was as useful in solo PvE as it was in PvP. The loss of chill sustain and dps was not compensated with enough bleed opportunities.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tadsoul.6951

Tadsoul.6951

Chill and cripple are also the easiest conditions to remove
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Chilled
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Crippled
They can also be ignored through mobility skills.