Anyone else running GS?

Anyone else running GS?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rain.9213

Rain.9213

I’ve been playing GS/Axe+Dagger in unranked and WvW using this build…
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAR3Ync0At0g10A22A0biFvBjaDECmAxNwJYGcqBEASAA-TJBIwAm3fAwFBIZZgAPBAA

…and I’ve had some decent amount of success with it! Hits hard and is fantastic in zerg fights and group fights if you can avoid getting focused or kite really well. The ability to drop tons of really strong AOE makes it so you can really mess up players who are not paying attention while still having pretty good potential for dueling. I’ve been able to win several 2v1’s though just barely and even spike Thieves down that are attempting to assassinate me in group fights. Though Thieves and Mesmers are a tough matchup for this build.

Anyone else got any cool, effective, or somewhat usable GS builds they’d like to share or am I the only one trying to make Greatsword usable? xD

Anyone else running GS?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

In unranked, more or less every fun build can work. In ranked it’s harder to use the Gs because is so slow that if you don’t use CttB you can’t land a single hit in a team fight, the enemy team will focus you and take you down with CC and burst.
But in unranked you can use it and have fun. Not a high level weapon, but still viable to have some fun.
When gravedigger land it’s damage is really huge, the problem is that with the lack of immunity and block skills, if you’re in the middle of the team fight in a medium/high level ranked you will be CCed or die before you’re able to do any real good damage with it.

Anyone else running GS?

in Necromancer

Posted by: LouWolfskin.3492

LouWolfskin.3492

Actually i’ve been playing with GS in ranked.

It’s a situational weapon you should only use when the time is right, it can be quite useful though.
Sure, it’s harder to hit but you don’t have just your GS at your disposal.

Anyone else running GS?

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

In unranked, more or less every fun build can work. In ranked it’s harder to use the Gs because is so slow that if you don’t use CttB you can’t land a single hit in a team fight, the enemy team will focus you and take you down with CC and burst.
But in unranked you can use it and have fun. Not a high level weapon, but still viable to have some fun.
When gravedigger land it’s damage is really huge, the problem is that with the lack of immunity and block skills, if you’re in the middle of the team fight in a medium/high level ranked you will be CCed or die before you’re able to do any real good damage with it.

Made it plat using a gs. Chrono runes and wells allow me to hit using a gs. With the quickness along with a hydro and fire sigil and two other procs make for some hilarious kills.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

Anyone else running GS?

in Necromancer

Rain.9213

Made it plat using a gs. Chrono runes and wells allow me to hit using a gs. With the quickness along with a hydro and fire sigil and two other procs make for some hilarious kills.

Hahaha I actually slotted some Chrono runes myself for some cheesy antics but I didn’t think the Quickness was worth it xD I might give it a shot again though. I’m still toying with my build to see what works best. I’ve got several GS build variations including a Minion based one which works quite well in Conquest.

Anyone else running GS?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

I’ve got several GS build variations including a Minion based one which works quite well in Conquest.

“Rise!” Transfer build?

Anyone else running GS?

in Necromancer

Rain.9213

Yup! Death Magic, Soul Reaping, and Reaper.

Utilities are Consume Conditions, Spectral Grasp, Flesh Wurm, Rise, and Flesh Golem.

Spectral Grasp is mainly there to pull in anyone who’s trying to flee the zombie herd plus its a decent cc xD It definitely needs work though. You got something similar?

Anyone else running GS?

in Necromancer

Vitali.5039

Spite 3/1/3
Death Magic 2/1/2
Reaper 1/2/1
With “Your Soul Is Mine!” “Rise!” “Suffer!” Summon Flesh Wurm

Marauder Greatsword / Staff

Edit:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQJARWnMbCdbilbC+1A0biFcBTqHsDCbQXtAwBIuK2FDjA-TpBFABls/QBHCAAeAAEcBAa7IAIeZAA

(edited by Vitali.5039)

Anyone else running GS?

in Necromancer

Posted by: KrHome.1920

KrHome.1920

Condi cleanse overkill but bad sustain against power based damage. I face death magic builds very often. They usually melt pretty fast. The whole traitline is just bad for PvP.

A slightly modified power boonstrip meta like in the following link is far superior to your build:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBhOD7kjGoaTszGw2GgeTsgLYxXxuYYE6qFAOAUdh2wzC-TJBFQBA4JAUi9HYwFBIglBAA

More sustain, more damage, more boonstrip, more utility, more support.

Anyone else running GS?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kumouta.4985

Kumouta.4985

I’m using GS in a condi build for whirl finisher spam and chilling darkness with deathly chill. Works pretty well.

I can apply over 3 stacks of bleeding.

Anyone else running GS?

in Necromancer

Vitali.5039

My build surely isn’t meta but each condi transfer is for stacking toughness, not very weak vs power because once you exit from shroud you have protection + minion’s damage reduction + bonus toughness. It’s a bit LF starving but I can swap “Suffer!” for Spectral Armor.

Anyone else running GS?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

I’ve been running this since season 1 and GS has treated me fine for the most part

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/PvP-Dreaded-Power-GS-Axe-Wh/first#post6445956

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

Anyone else running GS?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

in pve and WvW its great in pvp eeeeeeeh hit or miss.

Anyone else running GS?

in Necromancer

Rain.9213

Wow so many cool variations. I don’t know which one might the best. Gotta try them all out xD

I also started running this today.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAR3Ync0A12gF3AW2A0biFcBTqHEDCbxZxuYYEqNFAOAA-TJBIABZs/AAXEg6LDEwTAAA

I’ve had some degree of success. Though I’m kinda starting to lean towards Warhorn for Offhand. We’ll see. Signet of the Locust is also there for movement speed and a tiny bit of healing should you need it. It’s saved me a couple times. Though I feel that if I ran Warhorn, I could drop Signet of the Locust in favor of Flesh Wurm which would also be very nice in conjunction with Spectral Walk for jukes and getting out of sticky situations. Though the condi transfer on Dagger 4 is pretty nice… idk more testing to do in the morning! I already stayed up till 3 AM tonight xD

Anyone else running GS?

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

Condi cleanse overkill but bad sustain against power based damage. I face death magic builds very often. They usually melt pretty fast. The whole traitline is just bad for PvP.

A slightly modified power boonstrip meta like in the following link is far superior to your build:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBhOD7kjGoaTszGw2GgeTsgLYxXxuYYE6qFAOAUdh2wzC-TJBFQBA4JAUi9HYwFBIglBAA

More sustain, more damage, more boonstrip, more utility, more support.

why the double hydromancy sigils?

Anyone else running GS?

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

Wow so many cool variations. I don’t know which one might the best. Gotta try them all out xD

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAR3Ync0A12gF3AW2A0biFcBTqHEDCbxZxuYYEqNFAOAA-TJBIABZs/AAXEg6LDEwTAAA

I’ve had some degree of success. Though I’m kinda starting to lean towards Warhorn for Offhand. We’ll see. Signet of the Locust is also there for movement speed and a tiny bit of healing should you need it. It’s saved me a couple times. Though I feel that if I ran Warhorn, I could drop Signet of the Locust in favor of Flesh Wurm which would also be very nice in conjunction with Spectral Walk for jukes and getting out of sticky situations. Though the condi transfer on Dagger 4 is pretty nice… idk more testing to do in the morning! I already stayed up till 3 AM tonight xD

why double hydro and leech sigils?

Anyone else running GS?

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBhQD7kkGolGsmGwnGgeTsgLYxXxuYYcqI0EqCQXtAwBA-TJhFQBK4CA4u9HAwDAgglBAA

made it to plat using this. Not saying its a good build honestly i played it to prove ELO hell is b/s…. and i made it to plat using it……

Anyone else running GS?

in Necromancer

Rain.9213

Mainly so when I go into Shroud, Spiteful Spirit along with Leeching and Hydromancy just blows up any thief near me. Plus the leeching is decent for sustain.

Also pretty interesting build you got there. Crit chance is a bit too low for my tastes though. :o

Anyone else running GS?

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

Mainly so when I go into Shroud, Spiteful Spirit along with Leeching and Hydromancy just blows up any thief near me. Plus the leeching is decent for sustain.

Also pretty interesting build you got there. Crit chance is a bit too low for my tastes though. :o

OK well you are losing out on procs. As a Necro your Ds counts as a wep swap so there is no point for double hydro leeching. replace one hydro and one leeching and you will actually gain procs.

Anyone else running GS?

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

OK well you are losing out on procs. As a Necro your Ds counts as a wep swap so there is no point for double hydro leeching. replace one hydro and one leeching and you will actually gain procs.

also if you want more crit all you gotta do is swap out on trait and you gain almost 25 crit chance along with fury which you should be getting from teammates i dont have problems critting. If you want you can also switch to i think its seeker amulet but you lose out on about 4 seconds of quickness and other boons. Also if you want to up the damage you can to the dmg increase trait in spite as well as reaper crit increase from vuln. But i would only swap to that if the enemy doesnt have theives.

Anyone else running GS?

in Necromancer

Rain.9213

I suppose but it’s been working great so far. I’ll be trying out a different set of sigils per your suggestion to see how well it fares.

Also I do like the idea of that quickness build. I think I might give it a shot but swap out chilling victory for decimate defenses for a bit more crit chance.

Anyone else running GS?

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

It’s not really an “I suppose” thing. You are losing out on two procs. And yes your criteria chance goes up with decimate but it’s tough to keep vuln stacks on someone. Also with the quickness you get a decent amount of lf and healing from boons. Like I said if you see theives your probably better off going chilling if none go for decimate.

Also I don’t think it’s actually a good build its just reallllly fun to play and you can really surprise people.

Anyone else running GS?

in Necromancer

Rain.9213

So I switched to Hydromancy and Agility on my GS to get off quick bursts and Air/Leeching ony my Axe and Warhorn. Definitely seeing better results as you said. I’ve had a lot of success so far though. Aside from trouble with Rifle Berserkers, I’ve been able to beat every single class in ranked. Even winning several outnumbered fights!

Any suggestions for how to take down Rifle Berserkers with Axe/Warhorn and Greatsword?

Anyone else running GS?

in Necromancer

Vitali.5039

Looking for tips:

I don’t ever run axe but watching it’s moveset i’ll definitely want to try Sigil of Agility and Intelligence for a 100% crit quickened Ghastly Claws (with valkyrie amulet).

Could it work?

Anyone else running GS?

in Necromancer

Posted by: dukenukem.9072

dukenukem.9072

I recently started playing my Necro again in WvW. I prefer to play frontline so GS and staff is what I run. Yea it’s slow but you can cast on the move with GS. GS 5 and gravedigger are amazing in fights and also the nightfall skill is great support. I know I don’t bring as much damage as a berserker necro but I prefer CCs in large scale fights

Anyone else running GS?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I’ve been running this:

GS: Hydromancy/Energy
Axe/Warhorn: Fire/Air

Consume Conditions, Corrupt Boon, CPC, Suffer!, Plague

Spite: 3/1/3
Curses: 3/1/1
Reaper: 2/2/2

Destroyer’s Amulet, Lyssa runes

Got to Gold 3 with it. I think Greatsword being viable would be within reach if there were solid defensive tools and if it had a solid source of Life Force generation. The 4 is good, the 5 is good when it works.

Master of Corruptions is insane, by the way. 40% uptime of CPC adds so much to your survivability against certain classes.

So I switched to Hydromancy and Agility on my GS to get off quick bursts and Air/Leeching ony my Axe and Warhorn. Definitely seeing better results as you said. I’ve had a lot of success so far though. Aside from trouble with Rifle Berserkers, I’ve been able to beat every single class in ranked. Even winning several outnumbered fights!

Any suggestions for how to take down Rifle Berserkers with Axe/Warhorn and Greatsword?

In my experience many of the classes based on projectiles will give you trouble. Thieves headshot, rifle warrior, dragonhunter, mesmer.

Use CPC to countercomp.

Looking for tips:

I don’t ever run axe but watching it’s moveset i’ll definitely want to try Sigil of Agility and Intelligence for a 100% crit quickened Ghastly Claws (with valkyrie amulet).

Could it work?

I don’t recommend this.
For WvW and PvP, you need your fire and air sigils to apply damage. Axe is a fast attacker which isn’t penalized by projectile destruction but has low numbers.
For PvE, obviously you use the bottom Master Reaper trait.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

(edited by Sarrs.4831)

Anyone else running GS?

in Necromancer

Vitali.5039

My current build:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQJARWnMbCVbidbC22A0biFcBLuK2FDjQXtAQLQqHIsB-TJBFgACXAgy9HAeCAMHCAA

I pick necromantic corruption + marauder amulet if ther’s some condi class,
otherwise i take deadly strength + demolisher’s amulet.

other new build arise?