Anyone full reaper yet?

Anyone full reaper yet?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lynnie.7213

Lynnie.7213

Q:

Anyone full reaper yet? If so, teach us, senpai. Because i am too lazy and kinda hate pve. Teach us the way!

D O N E E
Necromancer – Ranger WvW/Spvp/Pve/Build/Guide videos:
http://www.youtube.com/donee

Anyone full reaper yet?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Urukami.4796

Urukami.4796

me, me, me, me, me

Server: Seafarer’s Rest [EU]
Main Professions: Necromancer & Revenant
Youtube Channel: http://youtube.com/MrUrukami

Anyone full reaper yet?

in Necromancer

Lynnie.7213

me, me, me, me, me

Tell me your ways kami-senpai.

D O N E E

Anyone full reaper yet?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Urukami.4796

Urukami.4796

PVP xD. but then again I haven’t installed the patch yet xD

Server: Seafarer’s Rest [EU]
Main Professions: Necromancer & Revenant
Youtube Channel: http://youtube.com/MrUrukami

Anyone full reaper yet?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Onerios.4962

Onerios.4962

It seems that half the hero points are inaccessible unless you have a baseline masteries trained, and at least one of the ones you can access with just glider seems to require something else trained, since there is a large hylak sitting on top of it preventing you from channeling. Little bit annoyed about that.

Anyone full reaper yet?

in Necromancer

Lynnie.7213

It seems that half the hero points are inaccessible unless you have a baseline masteries trained, and at least one of the ones you can access with just glider seems to require something else trained, since there is a large hylak sitting on top of it preventing you from channeling. Little bit annoyed about that.

Same …

D O N E E

Anyone full reaper yet?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

The whole 400 hero points needed thing is stupid. And yes, there are so many points locked behind 2 or more masteries it is ridiculous.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Anyone full reaper yet?

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

The few traits and shouts that you can get for 214 Hero Points are pretty bad.

It’s hard to justify going full reaper when all I’ve gots is a few shouts and a shout trait.

EDIT: the new elite shout is all the way at the end of the 400 points. Blighter’s boon is third from the end. The hero points are gated behind masteries.

It’s bad folks.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

(edited by nekretaal.6485)

Anyone full reaper yet?

in Necromancer

Lynnie.7213

The few traits and shouts that you can get for 214 Hero Points are pretty bad.

It’s hard to justify going full reaper when all I’ve gots is a few shouts and a shout trait.

EDIT: the new elite shout is all the way at the end of the 400 points. Blighter’s boon is third from the end. The hero points are gated behind masteries.

It’s bad folks.

It’s pretty bad….
i am almost there, but taking a break because the rage level is too high. lol

D O N E E

Anyone full reaper yet?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Erazai.7054

Erazai.7054

I got enough for a full traitline (1st grandmaster). All I did was party up with my equally-hyped friends and got most of the HPs that were currently accessible to us (like none of the really high up ones.) I started with exactly 200 hero points.

:3

Anyone full reaper yet?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Still 5 skill / trait to unlock… Which mean still 8 challenge to go but I’m gated by challenge that require a masteries that allows to survive poisonous area.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

Anyone full reaper yet?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

400 points isn’t really that bad. It’s bad right now, sure, but after a few weeks if playing around in HoT you’ll max it out and never think about it again.

That said, it’s gonna be rough unlocking everything across all my characters (I have an 80 for each profession). I’m just glad Reaper is the only one I really like (though I plan to experiment with Druid a bit).

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

Anyone full reaper yet?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Skoigoth.9238

Skoigoth.9238

400 points isn’t really that bad. It’s bad right now, sure, but after a few weeks if playing around in HoT you’ll max it out and never think about it again.

Unless you plan to do it on all 9 of your characters, simultaneously want to participate in the Halloween event, play the new story, do some pvp, progress in fractals, prepare for raids etc.etc.. There is just SO MUCH to do right now X)

Edit: Aaaand I haven’t even really started with Reaper yet. Dumped my ~200 points into the line and that’s about it, I figured I start with Herald because I don’t get a “headstart” on my rev. Currently I’m stuck grinding all the masteries you need to accesses all the HPs, with turned out to be much more time consuming than I originally thought tbh.

(edited by Skoigoth.9238)

Anyone full reaper yet?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

I quit for today. Like, I must have the worst luck ever because I’ve been runing through kittening Verdant Brink for almost 2 hours without finding a single kittening event. No point trying to get anything done.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Anyone full reaper yet?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cerbeius.7129

Cerbeius.7129

I tried to play a bit as Reaper with only half of it unlocked and it’s like I’m playing a handicapped build. It’s not complete, so it doesn’t work 100 efficient. So I’m playing Mainhand Dagger/WH+Focus for now and see how it goes.

Lady Cerba, Ascalonian Priestess of Grenth

- Piken Square, [REN][DKAL]

Anyone full reaper yet?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rirgul.5302

Rirgul.5302

I can’t even play the content because bugs – never mind even try to get full reaper.

Anyone full reaper yet?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dristig.9678

Dristig.9678

I’m enjoying Reaper with just 60 points. Lots of negative nancies in here. I rolled a new character for Reaper so I didn’t have nearly enough HPs I’ve been getting as many challenges as I can. It isn’t so bad. I already have gliding and Updraft usage. You need the Hylek language unlock for that one that is down really low in Verdant brink. For the poison ones you need the skinny frog poison resistance.

Anyone full reaper yet?

in Necromancer

Blaine Tog.8304

There is just SO MUCH to do right now X)

You can say THAT again!

Anyone full reaper yet?

in Necromancer

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

It’s bad but luckily, I’m having a lot of fun doing the content, surprisingly.

Anyone full reaper yet?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Offerande.5240

Offerande.5240

That still will take a while. Takes an enormous amount of skill points, around the 400. 400 skill points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone full reaper yet?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

400 isn’t nearly as hard to get with the expansion though. At this point I’m not bothering, I’m trying to get the shoulders.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Anyone full reaper yet?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

I had 200 pre-Hot and are lacking only CttB atm

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

Anyone full reaper yet?

in Necromancer

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Just missing CttB on my build now. Didn’t take too long. Tyria masteries are the real pain since nothing gives xp in tyria now.

Anyone full reaper yet?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xecil.2798

Xecil.2798

WvW is an option too

Anyone full reaper yet?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Narenek.9085

Narenek.9085

400 isn’t nearly as hard to get with the expansion though. At this point I’m not bothering, I’m trying to get the shoulders.

How do you get them? I’ve not seen them on any vendor

Anyone full reaper yet?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

The shoulders are unlocked via mystic forge and collections. This should get you started, but be warned they are pretty much legendary-tier effects, and a cost to match. The starting item is ~300g if you don’t have any components yet.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Anyone full reaper yet?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Thustlewhumber.7416

Thustlewhumber.7416

Weird, I was thinking about this this morning. I had a metric butt-load of skill points, which were converted to shards (still sitting on close to 1000 of those). Then, the 100’s of tomes of knowledge I had now only give shards. Do we really have to level 100’s of times to access the reaper? I was all excited about even using the GS, and seems that we are locked out even using it?

It appears I just paid $99 for a new borderland map…

WvW Necro

Anyone full reaper yet?

in Necromancer

Blaine Tog.8304

Weird, I was thinking about this this morning. I had a metric butt-load of skill points, which were converted to shards (still sitting on close to 1000 of those). Then, the 100’s of tomes of knowledge I had now only give shards. Do we really have to level 100’s of times to access the reaper?

Leveling now gives Mastery experience rather than regular XP. So you can’t unlock Reaper skills even by leveling normally. Hero point challenges are the only way (and I think there’s something you can do in WvW to get them as well, but I’m not sure).

I was all excited about even using the GS, and seems that we are locked out even using it?

Unlocking the Greatsword is just 60 points, though you can’t equip it until you actually equip the Reaper specialization.

Anyone full reaper yet?

in Necromancer

Ravezaar.4951

so Fully Reaper but how do u get Reaper Runes ? except well u know (cant spoil)

Servant of Dhuum

Anyone full reaper yet?

in Necromancer

Lynnie.7213

so Fully Reaper but how do u get Reaper Runes ? except well u know (cant spoil)

Spoil it, because i am not even playing the game. HoT sucks! >.<

D O N E E

Anyone full reaper yet?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pompeia.5483

Pompeia.5483

I am 40 points from getting the chill-damage GM so I can use Reaper and then it is just a matter of time to get the remainder for CttB. But it will have to wait until the maps have people in them going for HP’s because of the poorly-done champ idea making it unsoloable.

Amanda Corsiva – Revenant && Katereyna – Chillomancer
Jenna Gracen – Scrapper && Merit Sullivan – Guardian
Daenerys Ceridwen – Druid && Vexia Gracen – Chronomancer

Anyone full reaper yet?

in Necromancer

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Full Reaper here, it’s really a lot of fun.
As for the runes, not sure how to get them yet (not that they’re all that great either tbh)

Anyone full reaper yet?

in Necromancer

Skoigoth.9238

I’m 85% done. Got all the important stuff so I stopped for now to grind a bit more for Herald and Daredevil =)

Anyone full reaper yet?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Druitt.7629

Druitt.7629

If you have a group of folks, love jumping puzzles, are happy doing things the HoT way, don’t care about playing new content with more than a fraction of your Elite spec, it’s all okay. Get gliding, mushrooms, Hylek masteries. Do jumping puzzle-style navigation to get to points you need, in the right order, etc, etc, it’s not so bad.

But most of us thought that new content could be played with mainly complete new specs, that navigation would not be so bad because masteries would help after a short ramp-up, that you’d be able to enjoy the world instead of viewing it as a maze.

So it’s not as bad as the most vociferous complainers make it out to be, but it’s not nearly “not so bad”. They managed to turn what should have been a fun challenge into a frustrating maze (literally and logically).

Anyone full reaper yet?

in Necromancer

Ravezaar.4951

I’m 85% done. Got all the important stuff so I stopped for now to grind a bit more for Herald and Daredevil =)

nah couldnt stop since CttB is last, and thats very important to me

Servant of Dhuum

Anyone full reaper yet?

in Necromancer

Skoigoth.9238

nah couldnt stop since CttB is last, and thats very important to me

Well, of course I meant I unlocked everything important to me personally as well. CttB has it’s place for sure, but for now I’m enjoying my fresh and sturdy Golem compadre =)

Anyone full reaper yet?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pompeia.5483

Pompeia.5483

I got all but CttB unlocked now. Was super wonderful to run around with someone and get enough hero points to get chill damage GM. I think I can give reaper a break so my revenant can work on Harald now. Then still got daredevil, engi, and druid to do

I guess this will keep me sufficiently entertained for a long time so yay… still wish hero points were all soloable instead of the roughly 30%.

Amanda Corsiva – Revenant && Katereyna – Chillomancer
Jenna Gracen – Scrapper && Merit Sullivan – Guardian
Daenerys Ceridwen – Druid && Vexia Gracen – Chronomancer