Anyone have a good reaper condi build?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Matt Stacey.7415

Matt Stacey.7415

My current build is essentially the following (as close as I could get with beta armor selection):
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQJARWnc0AN3gtbCmbC0bilfBLOJGFniUPhvQwCKpFA+AA-ThSBABFpkbjLAAN7PYkyBcUr4GVVaVJIK6C04QAAwTAgUARMGA-e

This build is so much fun it’s incredible. I find I can solo groups of mobs on my own in Arah, and it’s quite easy for me to carry the team with all the sustain. The perma-chill has a huge impact on the mobs, which makes it so appealing to play reaper. Anyone have a condi build for PVE dungeons etc?

*Or at least a hybrid?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vorgryn.9145

Vorgryn.9145

So this is what I’ve been running, which while I’m not entirely happy with, it’s performing decently:

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNArYRnc0Ad3gd2AO3A0biFcBL+K+FHjQXtAwCIaD0BGBA-ThyCABAcIAU4EA4syvjfAAIrJ4S1fm4IAMz+D6pHYMlgECYxaA-e

The general idea is to spend as much time in scepter as you can, swapping over to greatsword for sigil proc, RS, and corruptions before swapping back to scepter to load more bleeds on the target. Also I’ll swap epidemic for BiP if I’m going up against a solo champ or other powerful single target where epidemic is meaningless.

The specific rotation that has been working pretty well for me is that you start with scepter 2 → 5 → 4 to get 5 condis on before scepter 3 to load up on max torment. Then swap to great sword and dive in to the enemy, use GS4 followed by GS3 and immediately pop reaper shroud. Use RS3 then RS2 (blind for chill) → RS4 or RS5 (alternate each rotation) before final RS 3 for fearchill. At this point leave RS, should have a second or so before weapon swap so hit the target with your corruptions and transfer self-corruptions with Plague Signet. Swapping back to scepter, use scepter 3 first, then keep rest on cooldown. I then wait until I can use scepter 3 a second time before weapon swapping back to GS and repeating the rotation. You can also squeeze in a DS flash for fury while in scepter if you can remember to do it immediately when it’s ready.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vibbard.2831

Vibbard.2831

I play almost entirely necro, but i also only play pvp. That said, I have done a lot of messing around with it and i think this is the best ive tried for condi reaper

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNArYWnMbCN3gl3Ae2A83gliBLeHOETiUPhpwtKKA8tSAA-TphAABfcIAgZ/BoPBAkVGojjAAAPAAA

use staff to start engagements from long range or to gain life force, or when in a defensive position. otherwise always stay in scepter. dump scepter dots out, go in shroud and go in. your 4 and 1 will kill everyone, 5s burn on auto for 1600 a stack. plague sending or chill on blind im not sure about yet. ive tried both carrion and rabid and i think rabid feels less squishy.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Holl.3109

Holl.3109

So I was making this build and all and then saw you meant PvE… not PvP ._.

Well here’s is my PVP condi reaper build if anyone is interested

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBLhZ6kjGovGs2Gw8GgeTscMYx5wfYRkaJ8EmVR9stVAA-T5gHwAAeAAILDAa/BA

Krait runes + CttB is the best thing since sliced bread. Torment, burningm chill and 2 AOE BOON CORRUPTION EVERY 4 SECONDS. Death’s charge with PoC is just… :O

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel
Reapers gonna reap ¯\(°_°)/¯

in Necromancer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

this is the build i am using in pvp
the hybrid dmg along side 30%-50% crit chance and the 15-20 might stacks give huge dmg boost

my chill dmg is 600-780
burning 5-6 stacks 1k-2k
direct dmg 1k-3k

but low armor so careful

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBHhF6kjGodTsaTwcTgeTsgLYxVxv4Yk6M0GiWQXtAQLA-TZhAwAeOFAT3fYcZAMPAAAHBAA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dakunaito.9602

Dakunaito.9602

Necro/Reaper is one of the worst classes for condi build. if you want to play condi, play an Ele, Engi or Ranger. all are way better at condi dmg. Ele can tick more than 15k with might+vuln

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kill.3458

Kill.3458

Necro/Reaper is one of the worst classes for condi build. if you want to play condi, play an Ele, Engi or Ranger. all are way better at condi dmg. Ele can tick more than 15k with might+vuln

IMO doesnt feel right for necro NOT to be a condi class, it’s typically the class in most games that slays with dishing out condi’s. Playing power builds feels weird to me

in Necromancer

Posted by: Caine.8204

Caine.8204

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNArYWnc0AtbiN3AebC0biFjBLOHGEPiUNhoQtK6nFAGAA-TJhHwACOFAB3fAwTAAZZAA

Best condi-reaper specialization I found.

Significant performance. Good mix of defense and offense, enough life force to “flash”
Reaper shroud to pop enfeeble + weapon sigils on the melee target.

Spin in the corrosive poison to stack up to 24 poison.

in Necromancer

Caine.8204

Necro/Reaper is one of the worst classes for condi build.

Completely wrong now. Reaper adds an option for a condition build with damaging chill and insane amounts of bleed and poison. Rabid Reaper is new meta

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

I know it is a PvE thread, but many shared their PvP build, so here it is:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNArdWn0IC12gd2AW2A0bileBL+JWFziUfhxwxCqpVACAA-TZxHwABOEADeCAA3fwYZAAnAAA

It is very bursty and yet decently survivable. If you have enough LF, the idea is to set up the burst with vampirism signet, the 2 focus skills, scepter 2 and 3, staff 3. This generated some might on you + a lot of vulnerability on the enemy. Then you can go in RS and spin in the poison field of staff 3 for insane poison stacks, and continue with dhuumfire to finish the job if needed.
The tricky part is to build LF since you’re not very tanky with a carrion…

in Necromancer

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Completely wrong now. Reaper adds an option for a condition build with damaging chill and insane amounts of bleed and poison. Rabid Reaper is new meta

Lots of flashy animations, but dps is only slightly better than before.

Chill is very unreliable and is almost always overridden in groups of more than 4. Not worth taking in PvE at the moment.

Bleed is unchanged, decent dps but not top tier. Generally getting around 6k ticks on average, can sometimes pulse up to 8k for 1-2s.

Burn is better with the faster attack of RS, but in order to get good burn dps you need to camp RS and just spam AA, losing all your bleed stacks. Net dps loss over bleed stacking, but it does have the advantage of much fast ramp up time for burst and tight groups.

We get decent burst with CPC + RS4 for poison stacking. Can get up to 30 stacks of poison, but they only last 2-3 seconds before dropping back down to an average of 6 stacks or about 1.2k dps.

Definitely not META, not even in the same league as condi engineer or ranger. Not as good as Bezerker hybrid or condi mesmer for dps either. I’d rank us kitten or 6 as far as condition dps goes.

However, we have by far the most sustain out of any condition dps build. We will pretty much never die. Of course this isn’t all that great since no one dies in PvE anyway, even in raids people aren’t going down after 2 days of practice.

Medium dps condition tank may be a thing for reaper though. Swap LC for PC, swap deathly chill for blighters boon, full rabid gear, and you should be able to stay up for a while.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Terra.8571

Terra.8571

Chill is very unreliable and is almost always overridden in groups of more than 4. Not worth taking in PvE at the moment.

Bleed is unchanged, decent dps but not top tier. Generally getting around 6k ticks on average, can sometimes pulse up to 8k for 1-2s.

Burn is better with the faster attack of RS, but in order to get good burn dps you need to camp RS and just spam AA, losing all your bleed stacks. Net dps loss over bleed stacking, but it does have the advantage of much fast ramp up time for burst and tight groups.

We get decent burst with CPC + RS4 for poison stacking. Can get up to 30 stacks of poison, but they only last 2-3 seconds before dropping back down to an average of 6 stacks or about 1.2k dps.

Definitely not META, not even in the same league as condi engineer or ranger. Not as good as Bezerker hybrid or condi mesmer for dps either. I’d rank us kitten or 6 as far as condition dps goes.

However, we have by far the most sustain out of any condition dps build. We will pretty much never die. Of course this isn’t all that great since no one dies in PvE anyway, even in raids people aren’t going down after 2 days of practice.

Medium dps condition tank may be a thing for reaper though. Swap LC for PC, swap deathly chill for blighters boon, full rabid gear, and you should be able to stay up for a while.

This is pretty much my experience with condi Reapers, in PvE not as good as zerker. In PvP a lot better though.

in Necromancer

Caine.8204

PvE sucks anyway ;P I only really do structured PvP. Condi-Reaper is great in SPvP.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lynnie.7213

Lynnie.7213

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBLhZ6kjGovGs2Gw8GgeTscMYx5wfYRkaJ8EmVR9stVAA-T5gHwAAeAAILDAa/BA

Krait runes + CttB is the best thing since sliced bread. Torment, burningm chill and 2 AOE BOON CORRUPTION EVERY 4 SECONDS. Death’s charge with PoC is just… :O

I shall not share my Overpowered Condition Reaper Build, because you know, too OP … Jk!
Unless you follow my channel.

D O N E E
Necromancer – Ranger WvW/Spvp/Pve/Build/Guide videos:
http://www.youtube.com/donee

in Necromancer

Caine.8204

I shall not share my Overpowered Condition Reaper Build, because you know, too OP … Jk!

I already shared mine and I saw great results, so they can just use mine.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zaroua.2714

Zaroua.2714

in Necromancer

Lynnie.7213

I already shared mine and I saw great results, so they can just use mine.

I was just messing with Hollts. My build has been shared since BWE1.

D O N E E

in Necromancer

Posted by: Chaosbroker.3860

Chaosbroker.3860

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBmWD7kGRo5GsyGwzGgeTsgLYxZxvYZk6M0GiWQXtAwCA-TFCPABlpyTnK/s8iAc5TA4FlgAs/wmqDgkuBSBsoyK-w

Was basically running this over the weekend (minus the ascended gear). Self sustains about 16-17 stacks of burning while in shroud and as long as it’kittenting at least 2 targets that aren’t hitting me can sustain shroud on it’s own. Shroud autos maintain 25 stacks of might and vulnerability fairly easily on top of it to keep both power and condition damage high.

Callo Merlose – Revenant
Envy – Fort Aspenwood
“Believe in yourself … because the rest of us think you’re an idiot”

in Necromancer

Lynnie.7213

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBmWD7kGRo5GsyGwzGgeTsgLYxZxvYZk6M0GiWQXtAwCA-TFCPABlpyTnK/s8iAc5TA4FlgAs/wmqDgkuBSBsoyK-w

Was basically running this over the weekend (minus the ascended gear). Self sustains about 16-17 stacks of burning while in shroud and as long as it’kittenting at least 2 targets that aren’t hitting me can sustain shroud on it’s own. Shroud autos maintain 25 stacks of might and vulnerability fairly easily on top of it to keep both power and condition damage high.

I don’t see you stacking 17 burn on that build. Maybe i am missing something? Would you mind explain it better, from where come your burns? Because i’d enjoy run dungeons in a condition build, which i have ascended armor, instead of zerker.

D O N E E

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pada.1824

Pada.1824

This is my Chillnecro whith reaper elite of course :
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRUQNBHhF6kGRo1GsdTwxGgeTsULYxdxyYakqNcHqWQdtAwMA-ThiBABAcCA0TDjkKB14QAMtSum1HEt6P8s/QEPBAtUOEAABYilYJOxATciTciTciNxJOxJOxJWKAgWWB-e

i use cloud only when we dont have nothing for the projectiles in stead of the well

in Necromancer

Posted by: Chaosbroker.3860

Chaosbroker.3860

I don’t see you stacking 17 burn on that build. Maybe i am missing something? Would you mind explain it better, from where come your burns? Because i’d enjoy run dungeons in a condition build, which i have ascended armor, instead of zerker.

An approximation based on what I was seeing without any condition duration increase in spvp.

After actually calculating it properly it would flip between 13-14 while doing nothing but sustaining it (ie just using the reaper auto attacks). Which is still some fairly nasty damage from just the burn, with no outside modifiers basically sitting at 4250 burn damage per second on the low end (no might or vulnerability applied), and a little over 7k per second once everything is running.

This is all of course without factoring in the power based damage from the autos which with the hybrid stats would actually be fairly significant especially at max might.

Callo Merlose – Revenant
Envy – Fort Aspenwood
“Believe in yourself … because the rest of us think you’re an idiot”

in Necromancer

Lynnie.7213

An approximation based on what I was seeing without any condition duration increase in spvp.

After actually calculating it properly it would flip between 13-14 while doing nothing but sustaining it (ie just using the reaper auto attacks). Which is still some fairly nasty damage from just the burn, with no outside modifiers basically sitting at 4250 burn damage per second on the low end (no might or vulnerability applied), and a little over 7k per second once everything is running.

This is all of course without factoring in the power based damage from the autos which with the hybrid stats would actually be fairly significant especially at max might.

And how many other conditions can you keep up while in this burning rotation? Because if we only keep the burn itself we would still be weaker than others classes.

D O N E E

in Necromancer

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Edit:

Calculated wrong, should be ~12 stacks of burning I think, but you can’t ever leave RS or apply any other conditions to maintain this.

(edited by ZudetGambeous.9573)

in Necromancer

Caine.8204

Edit:

Calculated wrong, should be ~12 stacks of burning I think, but you can’t ever leave RS or apply any other conditions to maintain this.

That’s because Burning for necromancers is an addition, not something to design your build completely around. stack your poison, bleeds, vulns, whatever. THEN worry about burns.

in Necromancer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

on my pvp version i state i can stack burning for 4.20 sec with 40% burning duration
so in theory i should stack 8 stacks of burning

only manage to do 6 top and on average 5 stacks

same with 65% burning duration i couldnt stack 9 only 6

so i think you wont be able to stack actully 12 stacks maybe 8

and dont forget enemy is moving blocking evading etc…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Quells.2498

Quells.2498

I’m very interested in this thread as I plan to build Hybrid Reaper. During the betas though my biggest problem was that except for the blind and pull on Greatsword there was no reason for me to use it over RS unless of course I was somehow out of Life Force…

Leader of Contre [VS], just a bunch of zen adults
focus on Dungeons, Fractals and Raiding.

in Necromancer

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

One of these guys in pvp
spite/curses
reaping/curses/shouts
burst condi

As for PVE, prolly something like this. I generally don’t think soul reaping is worth it for a condi pve build.
Basic

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

in Necromancer

Quells.2498

Do you think it would be sufficient to run mostly a power build with Valkyrie armor. Then just have a sinister scepter/dagger and a few traits for bleeds/burns?

in Necromancer

Quells.2498

Valkyrie Armor with Scholar runes and Sinister jewelry nets me the stats I want. Using Sinister scepter/dagger and Berserker Greatsword:

22,500 health
2,000 armor
1,200 condition dmg
3,200 attack
33% crit chance
27% crit dmg

in Necromancer

Posted by: Derenek.8931

Derenek.8931

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vREQJARWnMbCtbi92AmbCc4glgBLeImEjiUXhvQvKKBEAKXA-TRSBABUcBEmUJoO7PQtyP1PCBOrrRa1fk4RBAwBEgUAmrrC-e

This build mixes it up with both power and condi damage. Every skill generates chill, and enemies will chill themselves if they attack you. Chill does damage, so you’ll have a constant chill damage field surrounding you as you fight. The blight runes as well as the chill runes take full advantage of the condi output. All the while you’ll have constant protection on, and tak reduced damage from enemies.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vREQJARWnMbCtbi92AmbCc4glgBLeImEjiUXhvQvKKBEAKXA-TRSBABUcBEmUJoO7PQtyP1PCBOrrRa1fk4RBAwBEgUAmrrC-e

in Necromancer

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

What about “Rune of the Elementalist”, It make a lot of sense. Did anyone tested it?

in Necromancer

Caine.8204

What about “Rune of the Elementalist”, It make a lot of sense. Did anyone tested it?

Burning isn’t applied enough to make it worthwhile. Just use nightmare

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tobias.8632

Tobias.8632

I skimmed the thread and saw no mention of the real thing that makes condi reaper good.

You use “Rise” to spawn 6 jagged horrors, and then they die with Death Nova and spawn 6 poison clouds, then do a whirl finisher in those poison clouds. That’s how you get the poison stacks that make condi reaper actually viable.

Obviously you won’t always be able to get 6 horrors, but I feel like using minion skills on a condi build is an underrated idea.

in Necromancer

zapv.8051

Nah Tobias, you can do the same thing with chillblains or CPC and not give up a traitline and get a more diverse utility. If your gonna spec for minions you want to be a minion mancer. That can be a condition mm but an mm nonetheless.

in Necromancer

Tobias.8632

Nah Tobias, you can do the same thing with chillblains or CPC and not give up a traitline and get a more diverse utility. If your gonna spec for minions you want to be a minion mancer. That can be a condition mm but an mm nonetheless.

Whirl finisher will get you to maybe 20ish stacks of poison. 6 poison clouds gets you to 40+

in Necromancer

zapv.8051

Yeah so if all of your minions die on them then you get 40 poison stacks that last for 5-6 seconds in a very ideal scenario. Really gimicky, really counterable. The 20ish you get from the combo in 1 field is more than enough. You sacrifice a lot of utility to get more 1 shot potential, which might be fun, but not really strong. For that your sacrificing taking spite, soul reaping, or curses, which give you way more for a condition build.

in Necromancer

Tobias.8632

Yeah so if all of your minions die on them then you get 40 poison stacks that last for 5-6 seconds in a very ideal scenario. Really gimicky, really counterable. The 20ish you get from the combo in 1 field is more than enough. You sacrifice a lot of utility to get more 1 shot potential, which might be fun, but not really strong. For that your sacrificing taking spite, soul reaping, or curses, which give you way more for a condition build.

I get the impression you think I’m talking about pvp. OP wasn’t talking about pvp and neither am I. You don’t get a lot out of soul reaping for a PvE conditionmancer, time spent in DS applying burn is time spent losing scepter dps.

(edited by Tobias.8632)

in Necromancer

zapv.8051

Well, I was talking about pvp, but in pve I doubt that combo is the best either. It isn’t cause the idea is bad, but having to take death magic really gimps you in pve. Soul reaping gives you dhummfire, ds skill cds, a small damage mod and vuln stacking. Curses gives bleeds, condi damage, fury, corruption cd, and the scepter trait. Spite gives a ton of vuln and might, so I just don’t see how death magic would top any of those. It gives toughness, prot, more shroud, condi removal, a power boost, and the minion traits. Maybe I’m wrong, but having to take those things over dps increases is probably not the greatest idea.