Anyone seen a new Tooltip on R-Shroud#3 ?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

Cause when I see ppl playing it, its still pulsating Stab wich is nice but it dosent seem anywhere near thos 8sec we were shown last time, looks more like 4-5sec….

anyone got more info on this ?

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

anyone who I have seen play never let it run its full duration. They always shattered it for the fear. Grouch had no idea what he was doing and would panic cast it all and never used the stab for a safe stomp.

in Necromancer

Ravezaar.4951

Yea but I saw a guy press#3 then go out of Shroud, Stab was still there as it should be after there adjustment but still it seem nowhere near 8sec

Servant of Dhuum

in Necromancer

Sigmoid.7082

Afaik you press three and you gain the effect for 8s. The effect grants you 3s of stability every 1s. This effect ends if you either a) end shroud or b) use the chain skill to fear.

The only way to gain the full 8s of effect or 11s of stab is when you just use the ability and don’t leave shroud. Leaving shroud you will still have whatever stacks were on you but because the effect has ended you won’t gain anymore stab from pulses.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Piotr.3261

Piotr.3261

It’s still 8 sec… uhh

Attachments:

in Necromancer

Ravezaar.4951

no watch the stream again, and even the Reaper PoI with Robert he says “We since changed this so the stability remains even after u leave Shroud”… you should have the possibilty to press#3 get the Stability ticking and then continue with that Stab up for 8sec. thats waht they said.

Servant of Dhuum

in Necromancer

Posted by: Piotr.3261

Piotr.3261

stability remains but only the one You gather in Reaper Shroud… The pulsing is ending when You leave RS.

in Necromancer

Sigmoid.7082

no watch the stream again, and even the Reaper PoI with Robert he says “We since changed this so the stability remains even after u leave Shroud”… you should have the possibilty to press#3 get the Stability ticking and then continue with that Stab up for 8sec. thats waht they said.

What was changed was previously leaving shroud would casue the effect and the stability to end. When they changed it the effect still ends when you leave shroud but any stability you gained from it won’t end when leaving shroud as well.

I think you misinterpreted it.

in Necromancer

Ravezaar.4951

or you did ? Iam not so sure u are right but we will see tomorrow

Servant of Dhuum

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bellamy.9860

Bellamy.9860

From what I saw it worked like Sigmoid explained.

I was also disappointed when I saw that the skill ends when you leave DS and not when its duration expires.

in Necromancer

Ravezaar.4951

Ok i stand corrected and I do ty for the response, hopefully we seen enough Nerfs but since its Necro I guess thats not gonna be the case. 3/5 GS skills bin nerfed and several traits nad chill already…

Servant of Dhuum

in Necromancer

Sigmoid.7082

I gathered they would nerf chill duration on some things because the way it stands with runes, sigil, and food along with the cold shoulder trait you can hit 100% chill duration or 60% in PvP.

Also they may have nerfed some things because of some strong combos but other things have been buffed. RS #2 blinds and has synergy with chilling dark + now blocks projectiles, RS #4 now stacks poison. Etc.

(edited by Sigmoid.7082)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kahrgan.7401

Kahrgan.7401

pulsing stability made my day so much better. Thanks Robert Geesus.

Don’t call anyone out on their BS, that’s an infraction and a deleted post. —Anet.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Robert Gee

Robert Gee

Game Designer

I gathered they would nerf chill duration on some things because the way it stands with runes, sigil, and food along with the cold shoulder trait you can hit 100% chill duration or 60% in PvP.

This was indeed a big reason for the reduction in chill. It was pretty easy to make a build with the previous version that kept an enemy chilled 90-100% of the time (even in PvP without food). The current iteration is shooting for something in the area of 50-70% in order to provide windows for counterplay.

in Necromancer

Posted by: CodeHavoc.7926

CodeHavoc.7926

This was indeed a big reason for the reduction in chill. It was pretty easy to make a build with the previous version that kept an enemy chilled 90-100% of the time (even in PvP without food). The current iteration is shooting for something in the area of 50-70% in order to provide windows for counterplay.

50-70% is still pretty good considering how much we have access to chill anyhow, forcing the opposition to waste a condition cleanse, dodge or disengage entirely.

Necro Jesus is a thing apparently
The Zerker Bunker meta is the biggest bug in the game

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zalavaaris.5329

Zalavaaris.5329

Wouldn’t the counter play be condi removal and the ability to dodge the initial application? Having 90% chill uptime is good punishment for the lack of ability to dodge a super slow weapon.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

Wouldn’t the counter play be condi removal and the ability to dodge the initial application? Having 90% chill uptime is good punishment for the lack of ability to dodge a super slow weapon.

There are fast chill application (for example staff 3, fear etc…) so you can set up the chill chain very fast. And if your chill also tick (it seems fairly high) damage, this is very potent. 5s ICD is already good, if you time well your blinds, you can still have high uptime. It just prevents blind ticking like Plague or the well to really destroy you.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Linnael.1069

Linnael.1069

Hey Robert, I’m not quite sure I understand what you’re saying here.

Are the %uptimes you mentioned taking into consideration condition removal?

It just seems a little strange to me that you would be worried about 100% uptime on chill before removal when many elementalist and ranger builds can achieve that pretty much by accident.

On the other hand, if you’re saying that you want to shoot for 50-70% chill uptime on a good build taking into consideration cleanses and -%duration effects, then that does indeed sound pretty strong.

Stormbluff Isle – Syliara
Elementalist – Necromancer – Warrior

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

I think he’s talking actual uptimes being 90-100%, as in even after your opponent uses their cleanses and attempts to avoid your abilities you’re still sitting at massive chill uptimes. I say this because you can already keep someone chilled 100% of the time fairly easily if they do nothing.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Sigmoid.7082

With 70% chill uptime as previously you could get in PvP the auto attack chill would last almost 7 seoncds. Other chills would range from 3-8s+. Considering the extremely high number of ways that’s a reaper can apply chill ( I can think of 6-10 in any given build ) you could perna chill someone regardless of condition removal. People often forget chill and its cooldown reducing effect in favour of the movement impairment. Just a quick example but for every 3s a target remains chilled you have extended the cooldown of any cooling down skill by 2s. This adds all the way up to a skill taking 3 times its normal length to cooldown. It seems like good punishment for not bringing condi clears but you also have to bear in mind how fun it would be t play against. To which the answer would not it wouldn’t be fun At all. With that in mind lowering it from 90-100% uptime to 50-70% is just as punishing when used correctly it’s just not over punishing and still allows the other player to do something instead of not being able to use any abilities for extremely extended periods of time.

in Necromancer

Posted by: CCLegion.5936

CCLegion.5936

Chill is already extremely strong but some people here seem to treat is as a glorified cripple.
Either uptime severely limits offensive, defensive and supportive actions an enemy can take even at the start of the fight, as they have to take additional care to preserve cooldowns because suddenly, that condi cleanse sits at 60s CD instead of 30s.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

Chill is already extremely strong but some people here seem to treat is as a glorified cripple.
Either uptime severely limits offensive, defensive and supportive actions an enemy can take even at the start of the fight, as they have to take additional care to preserve cooldowns because suddenly, that condi cleanse sits at 60s CD instead of 30s.

This…exactly this!

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

in Necromancer

Posted by: WEXXES.2378

WEXXES.2378

Wouldn’t the counter play to my damage build be blocks and the ability to dodge the damage? Having them take all my damage is good punishment for the lack of ability to dodge. /s

in Necromancer

Posted by: Galedeep.5496

Galedeep.5496

Not to mention that if they have condi to boon conversion your 10 disable becomes a 10 second immunity from all conditions. Chill is extremely strong due to its CD increase mechanic but we mainly need it for the movement reduction. I’d gladly take 90-100% chance to be in range to attack over a 50-70%. Now don’t get me wrong I love chill thematically and it probably does a lot more to keep me alive in PvP than I ever notice but being constanly kited is one of the most unfun experiences you can have. I’ll reserve further opinions until I’ve put reaper through the paces this weekend though

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

I think with the reaper, the need for improvement of axe and scepter will be even bigger. Currently, we can use DS if we want damage at range since staff is quite lower in damage (but amazing utilities). Now with a melee shroud, we will use more often our ranged weapons so if we want some variety and not be locked with staff as we currently are, we need some axe/scepter love.

in Necromancer

Sigmoid.7082

Chill is extremely strong due to its CD increase mechanic but we mainly need it for the movement reduction.

Disagree. Its not a glorified cripple. If you are wanting chill mainly for its movement speed reduction you aren’t using it right.

(edited by Sigmoid.7082)