AoE WvWvW Power Necro Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Saschare.2049

Saschare.2049

Hi

Everyone is telling me that necro is not for power (no cleave, no AoE), but I love life blast hitting like a truck, survivability in DS and even more. My colleagues discourage me to use warhorn – because it’s not so useful like other offhands, but I se it best to fit my DS-based build.

I called this build for WvWvW, because of big toughness (to withstand melee), but you can use it in PvE.

I use axe because of the retaliation and the trait, staff is for long range fights, mostly to receive LF and attack with life blast and marks using as traps.

Pros:
- high survivability and mobility, also CC
- big raw damage and condition damage, due to uptime of bleeds not c damage and c duration (even more with might)
- piercing weapon giving might, vuln to foes
- able to survive all zerg fight in DS!
- 3s daze
- able to give chaos armor and lots of confusion!
- even being interrupted and knocked down you can be still alive!

Cons:
- using healing of people even not being healed
- easy to counter in 1v1 encounter :x (if out of spectral armors)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNBHhZakRrbPbTcjhPhAp49qlIFIzyQ9AeWnPE-jgyAYshIi0wIIBiyAmALiGbboIasabMlbS1vRWFDIFQEjBA-e

What is the thing? Before the patch only locust swarm was able to generate LF in DS. We have to understand that WH5 is offensive LF generation, and spectral skills are defensive.

Locust Swarm with Gluttony (even with 5% instead of 10%, before the patches) gives 1,5% of LF for each foe struck. It’s 7,5% LF/sec. With Reaper’s Precision with biggest luck in DS (in this build you got 100% crit chance in DS) it’s another 7,5 LF/sec + another 7,5% while transfusion or attacking 5 targets with life blast. It’s 22,5% LF per sec! That’s just wow.

So, before the foes come I put Spectral Wall to receive LF at least up to 50% and to make some chaos with fear, blast it with Staff4 for some Chaos Armor, turn to Axe+WH, Axe3 for retaliation, daze and WH5, Spectral armor if it’s hard, enter DS, hit DS5 +DS4, then autoattack with blasts. With these traits my cd from warhorns will be ready before I run down with my life force.

Damage outputs:
-retaliation
-bleeds from barbed precision and crits in DS
-Locust Swarm PBAoE “autoattack”
-LifeBlast <3

And the main thing – never, never, NEVER leave DS. Only enter it, trust me. Maybe only when there are no foes, or there will be no fight in 10secs time. But from now – it’s your true and only form.

Let the discussion begin – what do you think about it? Because I just love it

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brullyra.1592

Brullyra.1592

Use skill 5 on warhorn right before going into DS

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

Agree 100% power can work very well, the necro from [EP] in the GvG with [Agg] showcased a well played power necro in larger fight. [Agg] at the time of the fight with [EP] was ranked number 1 so these are good players the power necro was fighting.

Fight is around 6:35 worth a watch if you like power necros.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

in Necromancer

Saschare.2049

Brullyra – yes. Fortunately Spectral Armor is instant and can use while doing anything else. Two days ago we had a big zerg fight in garri following a commander. It was the moment where I had to be melee train and it was first time when I did survive it and even killed people. Before they rushed in after destroying gate I put spectral wall, when they were in 600 range Axe3, WH5 and Spectral Armor at once and to be honest – I was immortal! Bloody, cursed death as I wanted to be. Even when they drived me down to 60% LF, I was back up in 100% in a sec or 2. So yes, this is the build that matches me up. Big power, big toughness and additional conditions to make people cry because of touching you (also the retaliation).

in Necromancer

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

WH + DS sounds like a great combo. gonna have to try this out.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dredlord.8076

Dredlord.8076

Agree 100% power can work very well, the necro from [EP] in the GvG with [Agg] showcased a well played power necro in larger fight. [Agg] at the time of the fight with [EP] was ranked number 1 so these are good players the power necro was fighting.

Fight is around 6:35 worth a watch if you like power necros.

Watched the healing regroup right after that, too bad the necro cant be part of that kind of exceptional team play with no movement abilities.

We will always be sub par without it…

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Warhorn is our best weapon.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

I wouldnt use spectral walk and armor, one is enough. For proper AoE id put in well of suffering, especially for zerging and well of corruption should be a must for every necro in wvw imo, its just too good to pass out, for pure wvw blobslaying I go 30/10/0/0/30 with targetable wells for pure damage and Well of suffering/corruption and a stunbreaker.
For GvG type of play I go 0/20/0/20/30 with well cdr, chilling darkness, DS stability etc.
I personally barely use life blast unless its for nuking one straggler down, and imo piercing is not enough for proper aoe.
Why never leave DS ? use ur axe 3, wh 4 and staff rotation once in a while to pressure enemies with condis and cc. Necros got a lot more to offer than just damage.
Also plague over lich form.
The build can definitely be fun with big numbers tho.

in Necromancer

Saschare.2049

Right, spoj. Now, when I understood it I just miss SR trait with Locust Swarm at 25% of health ;<.

Aphix – always when I think of a WvW I imagine defending a tower. They rush in me and I have a place of maybe 400 radius. If you stack 50 foes in a place – then all your LB hits all targets (like after Guardian GS5 pull, you still can hit all foes). Your target is to deal damage. Why we shouldn’t exit DS? Because then we got 10 sec CD, that we can easily dodge.
Spectral wall gives my team protection, chaos armor and big CC by fearing those who want enter the tower (chaos armor = bestly gives blind to foes, and prot to you). Also gives me 4% LF for each foe struck.
Spectral Armor is a must for second entering in DS after first WH5 when you will be kicked too fast from it. Spectral Walk is just for trolling, that is useful to kill 3 guys who don’t know what it is and want to chase me. Also remember it gives me some of mobility, big swiftness that works in DS and Lich Form (and in LF protects me from boon stripping my stability). Lich Form gives me what I loose by not having wells in my utilities – Lich Form 5, Grim Specter. Also LF3 for CC – AoE chill and knockdown. And best – 1,200 AutoAttack hitting for 600 range DS.
Well of Power – 5 conditions down from 5 friends = 25 condis max.
Well of Corruption – 5 boons converted from foes = 25 boons max.
Grim Specter – can cleanse 12 conditions from 5 allies = 60 condis down
and can strip 9 boons from 5 foes = 45 boons stripped.
Overally is 105 to 50 in converting so Lich Form to me is much useful than Plague as far as your the damaging guy here.

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Yea i miss that trait aswell. Dont think id get much use out of it anymore though. I rarely get knocked that low on hp in dungeons.