Are Necro's the most OP levelers??!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stripeknight.6458

Stripeknight.6458

Are Necro’s the most OP levelers??! I made a Necro a week ago and have been playing on and off to level 30, I run with a staff in one slot and the Scepter/Dagger combo in the other. I typically try to pull as many mobs as I can while im running around, sometimes up to 6 and then drop massive AOE with both combos while kiting and everything drops fast! Seems to be the easiest class to level.

Thoughts?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Terok.7315

Terok.7315

I leveled a guardian to 80 hitting “2” on the greatsword. With that said, I found my necromancer fairly easy to level whereas my mesmer/ele alts were and are a pain for me.

Vile Necromancer||Defender of the Beastgate||Slayer of Moa’s

in Necromancer

Posted by: kishter.9578

kishter.9578

maybe you should rty warrior, i all i see is spamming, 100b. and Guadian is just all “2” and sometimes “6” and “v for dogde”

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

I would say we take the least amount of real effort yes. You can’t just walk around pressing 211111121111111211111 like a warrior, but you don’t have to worry about dying at all or anything, you just get mobs, drop AoE, they all die, repeat, and you take pretty much no damage. Its even easier now with DS 5.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: kishter.9578

kishter.9578

I would say we take the least amount of real effort yes. You can’t just walk around pressing 211111121111111211111 like a warrior, but you don’t have to worry about dying at all or anything, you just get mobs, drop AoE, they all die, repeat, and you take pretty much no damage. Its even easier now with DS 5.

you dont have necro, i Bet.

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

You’re right, I don’t have a Necro, I’m secretly a warrior.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azraeel.1238

Azraeel.1238

lol Kishter, if you’ve been around the Necromancer’s forum for sometime, you would have realized that Bhawb is actually an active Necromancer.

Anyways, back to topic, I totally agree that you won’t know how easy leveling is, until you try a warrior. Guardian is nice, but you will be tempted to go more defensive, and thus doing less damage. As a warrior you hack and slash everything so fast. Whether it was GS, Axe/Axe, Axe/Warhorn(for swiftness), sword/x (condition). All of them can kill fast, and fun to play.

Necromancers on the other hand, although we got recently buffed, but out attack damage still not as strong as warriors.

80 Necromancer (Main) | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 80 Warrior
Engineer and Elementalist in progress…

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

I do have to agree that it is probably a tossup between Warrior and Necromancer. I personally feel we are easier because it is easier (in my opinion) to use our abundant AoE to cleave things down at range, and the plenty of control we have to stay alive; whereas when I play my warrior I feel like I need to actually pay attention to what I am doing because of the melee range.

But anyway, it is certainly debatable that we aren’t the easiest levellers, but we are pretty close.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stripeknight.6458

Stripeknight.6458

I’ll bet warriors can’t easily take on 7 mobs a level higher than them and walk away with full health after every fight. But I suppose if they kill way faster 1 or 2 mobs it must even out.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azraeel.1238

Azraeel.1238

Actually they can take that many, but they won’t walk away with full health, however they will kill in like half the time if you are running conditions, and every other time if you are running power build (Wells cooldown).

80 Necromancer (Main) | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 80 Warrior
Engineer and Elementalist in progress…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

Necros have the easiest time leveling, im not sure about fastest though.

Pure minion builds allowed me to solo up to 10 levels ahead on my storyline and staff + wells made dynamic event tagging super easy. I leveled 1-80 in 42 hours @ game launch without any crafting.

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Ermm, I’d say Warriors and Rangers are the betters at leveling.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sepreh.5924

Sepreh.5924

you dont have necro, i Bet.

Hahaha best post ever Kish, listen to the necro podcast on SOAC

With regards to the topic at hand, necro was pretty easy to level. Warrior was easier. Guard was probably about the same.

Legendary Sepreh, Necromancer
[SYN] Synyster Legion | Dragonbrand Server
Youtube Necromancer

(edited by Sepreh.5924)

in Necromancer

Posted by: HiSaZuL.2843

HiSaZuL.2843

I agree… tossup between necro or warrior. Specing MM provides the most “autopilot mode” I can think of. Tho I don’t see warrior soloing champs out of boredom. But anyway… speed wise with least gear required its probably necro… with warrior close behind but they do need to get gear occasionally or you will turn into guardian. Unkillable but doing pitiful damage.

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Boz.2038

The Boz.2038

Warrior=Guardian=Ranger>Necromancer=Engineer>Thief=Elementalist>Mesmer. From easiest to hardest.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pandabro.8743

Pandabro.8743

Compared to leveling my Mesmer and Guardian it was much easier to level my Necro. I would constantly push the limits of how many mobs I could pull and would often solo group events if the mobs were mostly melee because I could kite them forever.

Mesmer was just painfully slow, Guardian was much easier but I could still take a ton of damage if I wasn’t careful about how many I pulled because GS2 put me right in harms way.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

I’ve leveled every profession except Warrior to 80. For me, here’s how the process was, from easiest to hardest:

Necromancer > Guardian = Ranger > Engineer = Thief > Mesmer > Ele

Run minions and you’ll basically never bite off more than you can chew in open-world PvE. Everything up to [Group Events] is faceroll for MM necros. It can be tricky trying to run other types of builds, though, especially early on. MM is just head and shoulders easier. Mobs have trouble dealing with target overload.

For the others: Guardians are just really strong (good active and passive defenses, strong damage) and Rangers can use their pets to tank (and murder) just about everything for them. I didn’t have much trouble leveling my Engi or Thief, though there WAS one Personal Story mission that I needed help with on my thief. My Mesmer was rather rough early, so I cheated and crafted to 40 at which point she wasn’t that hard to level (Mesmer builds are mostly centered around Master-level traits, one of the best parts of their design, in my opinion). My Ele was the most difficult partially because he was my first character so I was learning the game on him, but also because Eles have very low base defenses and no built-in active defenses so you have to purposefully engineer their builds to allow them to survive killing even basic mobs.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

Despite class-killing nerfs, rangers are easier to level in pve. Just send your bear to tank, and kill the mob without even taking damage with 2 skills. I’ve leveled 6 classes to 80 lvl and the hardest ones were mesmer and thief. Warrior guard ranger necro ele(condition d/d) are easier to level.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Yendorion.2381

Yendorion.2381

I leveled my warrior..read well, THREE days.. Granted I sped leveled.. but by how much can you beat that? That mentioned, The Necro was fairly easy to level.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

No instead we press 6 (WoB) once every 2 minutes and 7-8-9-0 every 5 minutes since minions can solo pretty much everything to level 60~ (to end of mount maelstrom), then risen come and minions get nommed like chocolate bars by a fat guy who was hungering for a weeks.

Overall you can level a necro in open world pve to 80 without ever unlocking 2-4 in DS, but that would make you a really bad player when you start doing dungeons.

Necromancer > Guardian = Ranger > Engineer = Thief > Mesmer > Ele
My Ele was the most difficult partially because he was my first character so I was learning the game on him, but also because Eles have very low base defenses and no built-in active defenses so you have to purposefully engineer their builds to allow them to survive killing even basic mobs.

Id say a mesmer is harder to level then a ele just because they are bloody boring till you get good traits and you are pretty much worthless if you wana use shatters unless you got a staff (yes GS is good for damage, but storm, blink, second chaos armor is just way stronger against groups of kitten y risen or svanir).

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

(edited by Andele.1306)

in Necromancer

Blaine Tog.8304

Overall you can level a necro in open world pve to 80 without ever unlocking 2-4 in DS, but that would make you a really bad player when you start doing dungeons.

Oh yeah, minions are terrible in dungeons. I just ran CoF p1 with a MM build for the lulz and my minions were dead pretty much instantly upon spawn.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tears.5627

Tears.5627

Are Necro’s the most OP levelers??! I made a Necro a week ago and have been playing on and off to level 30, I run with a staff in one slot and the Scepter/Dagger combo in the other. I typically try to pull as many mobs as I can while im running around, sometimes up to 6 and then drop massive AOE with both combos while kiting and everything drops fast! Seems to be the easiest class to level.

Thoughts?

Can one really be OP at leveling? Please don’t tell me you want to level slower.

Running Axe on Necro since April 27th, 2012 (Before it was cool)

in Necromancer

Blaine Tog.8304

Id say a mesmer is harder to level then a ele just because they are bloody boring till you get good traits and you are pretty much worthless if you wana use shatters unless you got a staff (yes GS is good for damage, but storm, blink, second chaos armor is just way stronger against groups of kitten y risen or svanir).

I found clones to be a helpful way to take pressure off me while I hit mobs, whereas Eles don’t get anything like that early so I ended up having to kite like crazy all the time, even against low numbers of mobs. Both of them are lower-tier for PvE leveling, though, to be sure.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

I have been thinking about this topic and decided I just do not know, anymore. I leveled Necromancer right after the beta-nerfed game release well before the patches to improve minions and dps. Now, I run around level-adjusted but with the entire skill set. Other professions I have been leveling since seem a lot less squishy and more capable than my original Necro but that is not a fair comparison.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Morbridae.8607

Morbridae.8607

The “easiest” profession to level up will change according to who is playing it, and which is their playstyle. So, this will be an never ending discussion.

Once said that, I had leveled a Necro (my main), a Ranger, a Thief, a Mesmer, and I am currently leveling a Warrior. The necro and the ranger had been the “easiest” as in “the ones that let me fight more high-leveled enemies, while dying the less”, but I don’t know if they are the fastests levelers out there.

So, for starters, don’t say “easiests” or “more op”, since theirs meanings changes with every player. Say fastests, more survivalist, etc.

Morbridae (Norn Necromancer)
@ Sorrow’s Furnace (VE)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Loyo.8526

Loyo.8526

Necro is pretty easy to level, but warrior still beats it when you equip greatsword or an axe. Mesmer is not that easy, but not horrid.

Khloe Deschanel – Human Necromancer/ Ami Ginju – Human Ranger [DOLO] -SBI
I stream sometimes: http://www.twitch.tv/kidtofu/
“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum”