Are Necromancers the left-over class?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Doctor Ivo Robotnik.3879

Doctor Ivo Robotnik.3879

I don’t know if it’s me or not but my necromancer seems very underwhelming when it comes to damage.

I’ve tinkered around Spvp and had a few good rounds, but I found out that my condition based damage seems lackluster compared to other classes power or crit builds.

I understand this game is brand new, but as a primary condition based damage class, shouldn’t we have that particular spec at least viable? Well, I know the kinks are being ironed out and I do love this game, but I don’t want to waste my time on a class that is borked.

Any helpful suggestions as to which class will do well in both Spvp and Wpvp?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Angra.1405

Angra.1405

i wouldnt say they are the leftover class rather they got huge debuffs in traits and so on, people were complaining about how op they became in the betas. BUT necro does well id say in wvwvw and pvp i think personally.

What is love~ Oh baby, don’t hurt me~
Don’t hurt me no more~ Doo dooo doo doo doo

in Necromancer

Posted by: nachtnebel.9168

nachtnebel.9168

During the last BWE they said there are two classes that still need work, one of them was the necro. Since then, things haven’t changed much. Yes, compared to the conditionmancer other builds seem to be more viable now, but since this was achieved by nerfing the condition build the necro is still worse than other classes.

But, my major concerns are not with the necros lack of power. Balancing takes it’s time. What I’m really worried about is, that a lot of the necros mechanics just don’t work. This is a sign of bad game design.

Salix Babylonica (Necro), Tharnath (Guardian), N Faculty (Mesmer),
Occam Pi (Ele), Acaena Elongata (Warrior), Finja Salversdotir (Ranger),
Bytestream (Engineer), Vim Whitespace (Thief)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Angra.1405

Angra.1405

what really is the downfall of necro i would say is how squishy minions are my elite minion dies in 4 hits and thats with the trait that gives it 50% extra hp.

i mean ive tried playing semi support but party members in dungeons seem too focussed on on dps rather than group work. which is a bad sign for now.

but all in all i think it is OK and does well but its just not exceeds in anything.

What is love~ Oh baby, don’t hurt me~
Don’t hurt me no more~ Doo dooo doo doo doo

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shafi.8952

Shafi.8952

Nothing has changed….
Necros are still underwhelming

Necromancer: Unfinished, Not Broken.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Necromancer was intended to be a debuffing profession with an innate damage avoidance mechanic.

Both turned out to be too strong.

In response, Necro had both design features scaled back while other professions had condition application and cleansing buffed slightly. Overall, the effect of conditions on game play was capped and scaled back. Boons are in the same boat, now, with might and stability receiving adjustments.

Necromancer is without a solid role in most game modes because the balance team has not made any radical changes to the profession, opting, instead, to increase power output to compensate.

Another indicator is the coming short range great sword. The profession is clearly meant for close combat and continues to grow more similar to Guardian like a dark knight instead of a paladin. Necromancer is not very mage-like.

Developers are leaning toward taking some of the face roll out of professions.

(edited by Anchoku.8142)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Targuil.3741

Targuil.3741

At least we still succeed in raising threads. If only MM was as effective.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
I think I should remove this quote given the recent developement.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Yeah out of all the builds, power necro, condi necro, mm necro, terrormancer, etc, the thread necro is by far the strongest.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Unfortunately, Thread Necro also has the longest cooldown.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

in Necromancer

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

Necromancer was intended to be a debuffing profession with an innate damage avoidance mechanic.

Both turned out to be too strong.

In response, Necro had both design features scaled back while other professions had condition application and cleansing buffed slightly. Overall, the effect of conditions on game play was capped and scaled back. Boons are in the same boat, now, with might and stability receiving adjustments.

Necromancer is without a solid role in most game modes because the balance team has not made any radical changes to the profession, opting, instead, to increase power output to compensate.

Another indicator is the coming short range great sword. The profession is clearly meant for close combat and continues to grow more similar to Guardian like a dark knight instead of a paladin. Necromancer is not very mage-like.

Developers are leaning toward taking some of the face roll out of professions.

This is probably true. Just take a look at the debacle that is mesmer.

Devona’s Rest