Are my enemies just bad or?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rane.1754

Rane.1754

I keep hearing how bad necro is. I just got hot, and had barley played gw2 prior but love char necro.

My pvp level is low like 16?? Does this mean I’m fighting bad players? I messed around with scepter conditions and did ok but was to squishy.

Now I’m using the reaper with decent crit power vitality toughness etc +50% crit in shroud and it’s pretty tanky.

I feel like I’m pretty much murdering everyone dealing solid dmg…I use axe to fight and recharge life force fast, and weapon swap to dagger for stun life steal and more transfer of conditions…

I feel pretty strong is it just because my enemies are bad at my level and eventually I’ll be weak?

I really don’t care for the staff? I think my 2 on the axe is critting around 8000-10k when it finishes and I can tank a few people at once with about 20k hp??

Why does everyone feel like necro is weak? Even without doing a solid build minions life steal and conditions boon control felt good.

Typing from my phone so…

P.s.when is ranked available

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zero Solstice.9754

Zero Solstice.9754

Being completely factual with you: Yes, the players you’re playing against are bad. When you first start PvPing, you need to build up a Matchmaking Rating (MMR) to get placed with better players. Starting off, your MMR is low, so the players you play against are also low MMR, and low MMR comes from either being inherently bad at the game or being new to it. That said, Necromancer can be very punishing to people that both don’t know how to play against it and don’t know how to play their own class. This is exacerbated even moreso by the fact that low MMR means that you’re very likely playing against people with very low-quality builds that are way weaker than they should be.

Ranked is going to be delayed for this coming season, so it won’t be around for quite some time.

“Reaper’s only big weakness will be that you have to play Necromancer to use it”
~Bhawb.7409

in Necromancer

Posted by: DTATL.9641

DTATL.9641

To add what Zero said. Necro can be really good against bad players. Necro is a class that’s easy to be effective with. This is also the place where facetanking damage actually work. A lot of people that are usually bad at dodging, either because they lack experience or are just bad. And when people that can’t dodge or utilise their skills properly the one that can facetank the most usually wins. This is very good for necro as our main defence is basically about facetanking damage. This will become less effective as you increase your mmr and you face better people.

Also if you are facing people without elitespecs as reaper you have an additional advantage. Elite-specs are in general always better then the core class. And while reaper is one of the weaker ones it does cover some holes in core necro, like stability in shroud.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rolisteel.1375

Rolisteel.1375

Good against bad players, bad against high mmr good players. 1v1’s are hard for you already against most classes and your 1v1’s also will get +1 +2’d a lot while you also have to face the everyone focus necro thing.
so no matter where you position every enemy is in your face at higher mmr almost every match.
especially the classes that can do high burst to necro, some of them going for you thinking oh im going to kill this pve mob it will be like a free kill. they are so confident because of the burst they class able to do and the survivability they have.

Atleast that is what i experienced.

(edited by Rolisteel.1375)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zero Solstice.9754

Zero Solstice.9754

Good against bad players, bad against high mmr good players. 1v1’s are hard for you already against most classes and your 1v1’s also will get +1 +2’d a lot while you also have to face the everyone focus necro thing.
so no matter where you position every enemy is in your face at higher mmr almost every match.
especially the classes that can do high burst to necro, some of them going for you thinking oh im going to kill this pve mob it will be like a free kill. they are so confident because of the burst they class able to do and the survivability they have.

It’s not your job to be 1v1’ing, it’s your job to +1 and teamfight.

“Reaper’s only big weakness will be that you have to play Necromancer to use it”
~Bhawb.7409

in Necromancer

Rolisteel.1375

Yes i know but sometimes it just happens

in Necromancer

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Im new to reaper and loving axe/focus & dagger/warhorn in wvw. Love the duo nature of shroud as an auxiliary skill bar and a -50%dmg, dmg shield you can regenerate. I have shroud 2 traited for boon removal too so is nasty ;-)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

Im new to reaper and loving axe/focus & dagger/warhorn in wvw. Love the duo nature of shroud as an auxiliary skill bar and a -50%dmg, dmg shield you can regenerate. I have shroud 2 traited for boon removal too so is nasty ;-)

You definitely know what a good druid can do to a reaper though lol

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in Necromancer

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

You definitely know what a good druid can do to a reaper though lol

Ya poor Reapers ;-(

in Necromancer

Posted by: Methuselah.4376

Methuselah.4376

Honestly, necro isn’t as bad as most people think. I am running spite/blood/reaper with Consume Conditions, Suffer, Signet of Spite, Rise, and Chilled to the Bone with D/W and Staff. I am having a rather decent time. My biggest problem in PvP (even in GW 1) was that I start panicking and forget how to properly execute my rotations. Now that I am getting more confident I am having a better time in duels.

in Necromancer

Rolisteel.1375

You want to tell me that you kill good warriors and other melee classes with spite bloodreaper? you have a condi transfer shout, easily avoidable SoS and rise?

(edited by Rolisteel.1375)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Methuselah.4376

Methuselah.4376

You want to tell me that you kill good warriors and other melee classes with spite bloodreaper? you have a condi transfer shout, easily avoidable SoS and rise?

Actually, yes. Only time I am really kittened is when they are perma dazing me which would be any class’s problem I suppose. I don’t really use Signet of Spite if I can avoid it, it’s there to raise power. However, in a scrap it is a good thing to have. Rise is there for protection mostly.

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBIhZ6khGobTsdTwvGg9GsQNYSBgBQKLuDWCThTNgKQxC-TpRGABH8AAY4QAofZAg2fAgTAAaHBAA

This build is pretty hilarious for 1v1s… and really an situation… i know it looks really wierd and i sort of made it by accident but if you kite the warrior around you can win as long as you dodge the pretty obvious stuns. In teamfights yeah your minions will die… but once you get enough lf you can stay in ds for longer than youd think. you pull condis to you and gain lf as your minions pull condis off of you its pretty fun. But you really need to kite and blood fiend and heal shout are completely interchangeable. can also use CC if you feel like it. You wont be having condi issues.

The only time i really die on this build is to that dumb troll dodge condi build or if i mis use the wurm.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA