Are necros op now?

Are necros op now?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Loyo.8526

Loyo.8526

Probably Not OP as we still can be thrown around a good bit. Just means people need to put more effort in, which I am atleast glad about this. Corrupt boon is really kind of sad to have nerfed (same for rez signet), however a couple skills now are seeing more attention. Hard to say much until we let the game settle for atleast a month or so.

Khloe Deschanel – Human Necromancer/ Ami Ginju – Human Ranger [DOLO] -SBI
I stream sometimes: http://www.twitch.tv/kidtofu/
“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum”

Are necros op now?

in Necromancer

Posted by: War Mourner.5168

War Mourner.5168

The closest thing to OP I’ve found is life blast underwater… It fires like twice as fast as on land for hilarious amounts of damage.

Are necros op now?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xaragon.3520

Xaragon.3520

Go to tpvp play someone in there where the gear is the same level and then see how you go no use making outlandish statements about people being op when the gear isnt the same.

Are necros op now?

in Necromancer

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

“My class is balanced; it’s perfectly fine that i can run away and reset a fight whenever i want; someone who manages to actually kill me or doesnt die is OP!!”
typical thief-main-mentality…nothing new.

Get your head out of your kitten there’s nothing unbalanced about being able to reset a fight. If you make a Thief run in PvP then you get the cap point, you won. If you make a Thief run in WvW, you get the supply camp/protect the dolyak/etc and you’ve won. A Thief doesn’t run because he can kill you, he runs because he attempted to kill you and you beat him to a pulp.

Seriously, it’s not hard to understand, and it’s people like you who feed the QQ-train.

So you notice how when you “lost” as a thief you didnt die right? You said yourself you just ran away.

THATS NOT HOW IT WORKS FOR NECROS

Are necros op now?

in Necromancer

Posted by: mistermoo.6720

mistermoo.6720

Nope. Still countered by CC. Still countered by mobility. I’d say we’re on the same level as thief, mesmer, elementalist, guardian and engineer now where balance is concerned, while ranger and warrior just don’t measure up.

Are necros op now?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ledddawe.8964

Ledddawe.8964

I play usually engineeer and i think im really good in 1vs1 even in 1vs2 but FEW DAYS AGO i found one really awesome necro that took me down and i was like what already ? necro is no OP its about how good players are lol some necros fall in few sec and some u just cant kill u need to do more 1vs1 necros

Are necros op now?

in Necromancer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

“My class is balanced; it’s perfectly fine that i can run away and reset a fight whenever i want; someone who manages to actually kill me or doesnt die is OP!!”

Get your head out of your kitten there’s nothing unbalanced about being able to reset a fight. If you make a Thief run in PvP then you get the cap point, you won. If you make a Thief run in WvW, you get the supply camp/protect the dolyak/etc and you’ve won. A Thief doesn’t run because he can kill you, he runs because he attempted to kill you and you beat him to a pulp.

Seriously, it’s not hard to understand, and it’s people like you who feed the QQ-train.

and it’s people like you who prove my statement.

this might be news to you, but when other professions lose a fight, they can actually die.
(assuming the thief isnt a moron or too greedy):
as a thief, when i duel a non-thief, i either win or get away.
as a nec, when i duel a thief, he either gets away or i die.
and you are really convinced that this is fair?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

Are necros op now?

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

Power, Terror, Condi?

??

Are necros op now?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Necros are most certainly not OP, but have seen a significant amount of positive changes that indicate a developer with their lights on. Sadly, this can’t be said for the necros tier buds, the ranger and engineer.

Are necros op now?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Thorson.9218

Thorson.9218

Think the Necro is now ok Not OP .

Just gotta jump in here and +1 this. You guys are a PITA now, and that’s as it should be IMO. Before, I’m sorry to say, Necros were totally UP in WvW. Now they’re competitive. Very happy for you guys.

Imagine, a class that actually IMPROVED with a patch! GASP!!!! ;-)

Come to us, you foes, and bring your flock.
For we will crush your bones on the Anvil Rock!

Are necros op now?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cempa.5619

Cempa.5619

Power, Terror, Condi?

??

As in what build are you running?

Are necros op now?

in Necromancer

Posted by: IKaikiasI.1932

IKaikiasI.1932

The new skills are defensive skills which do a lot of damage if people RUN into them. Guess which trick you need to survive?

People just have to be more carefull when they fight against Necromancers. Brainless burstbashing don’t work anymore so easily.

Are necros op now?

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

Power, Terror, Condi?

??

As in what build are you running?

Oh, you know my staff-build, Cempa. So that would be power+terror+condi

Are necros op now?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mindx.9610

Mindx.9610

The no brain build is probably 30 points in soul reaping, life blast is incredible with high crit chance…. unfortunately prior to this patch there was no real way of making use of high crit chance in DS unless you went berzerker or tried to make a perma fury build which was unreliable. So many players avoided it. The already zerker necros are no strangers to huge life blast crits, but this patch enabled them to spec in a way which makes their sustain incredible for zerker style game play.

The range increase on life blast is what i suspect people are noticing on necro as well as the range scaling aspect and overall improved damage on life blast. This coupled with better LF regen makes necros deadly in DS.

Soon you will see players adapting to this change and dodging every life blast they can because they will figure out this is whats causing them to lose.

For those not specced in SR and are running a 30/30/10 build your still running high power high crit low crit damage but coupled with long condi duration, burning and terror, this makes it a great condi burst spec with one weakness that you will see players capatilize on once they figure out what it is. (Squishy, low mobility besides spectral walk if your running it.) Also once players figure out its not worth hitting a necro in DS with spectral armor or walk on and instead using crowd control untill the necro is out of DS we will see some balance in gameplay.

[Apex] – Zero Entity 80 Necromancer
Blackgate Apexprime.enjin.com

(edited by Mindx.9610)

Are necros op now?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fonimu.3061

Fonimu.3061

I got reported for having too many conditions. :/

Are necros op now?

in Necromancer

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

Well, necros are still low mobility and lack stun breakers to effectively escape from chain CC’s meaning that they are still not good bunkers for high level tPvp play and can be focused down relatively easily 2v1 by skilled players with proper CCs.

However, I like how in the patch Anet tried to make up for that by giving us access to new conditions and much higher DPS. I think it’s a fair trade, and while still not OP in tPvp Necro is now more viable and you feel like a beast in deathshroud.

So, in my opinion rather than saying “Oh look, a necro, let’s toy with him and CC him into a ground and laugh”, people will now be saying “Oh kitten, a necro, we have to focus him and get some CC on that”

Ranger//Necro

Are necros op now?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rastos.3812

Rastos.3812

friend of mine did a power build and claimed to get 6k crits auto attack in death shroud and nearly 100% crits. i would say, this is kind of op.

As someone else stated, its always been like that withy he right gear. kitten, my Thief can CRIT over that with the right build and gear. Is he OP? No because you have to sacrifice survivability. Wonder what your main is?

Reaper/Berserker/Dragon Hunter/Daredevil/Rev/Druid.
Ebay Server.

Are necros op now?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Greenfish.1270

Greenfish.1270

necros are op yes, many people are just in denial.

Your claim is not very believable without any evidence proving they are op, which makes this just a troll post

Are necros op now?

in Necromancer

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

No, not OP, just at the same level Wars/Guards/Mes/Thieves.

The BIG difference is: Wars/Guards/Mes/Thieves has been in the top tier for to long, they become the noobs choice. So when they are unable to kill a necro, they intermediately start raging about it.

And as many people already say, we had to work harder and learn our profession better to survive so any boost in our hands, is OP in other’s eyes.
Now they have to learn something beyond the same no-brain-1-skill build they probably use all the time and of course, is easy to whine about necros being OP.

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

Are necros op now?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dredlord.8076

Dredlord.8076

OP definitely not, but we did move up a notch or 2 among the other classes.

Are necros op now?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oblivion.8307

Oblivion.8307

Your claim is not very believable without any evidence proving they are op, which makes this just a troll post

i keep posting on my na account for some reason, here’s my thoughts on the patch anyways

http://www.twitch.tv/symbollix/c/2480658

Symbolic

(edited by Oblivion.8307)

Are necros op now?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rastos.3812

Rastos.3812

No, not OP, just at the same level Wars/Guards/Mes/Thieves.

The BIG difference is: Wars/Guards/Mes/Thieves has been in the top tier for to long, they become the noobs choice. So when they are unable to kill a necro, they intermediately start raging about it.

And as many people already say, we had to work harder and learn our profession better to survive so any boost in our hands, is OP in other’s eyes.
Now they have to learn something beyond the same no-brain-1-skill build they probably use all the time and of course, is easy to whine about necros being OP.

Yes I also play a Thief, but Necro has been my main since launch. You hit the nail on the head. +1. Many have said it, and you put it best all in one post. Cheers.

Reaper/Berserker/Dragon Hunter/Daredevil/Rev/Druid.
Ebay Server.

Are necros op now?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bovinity.8610

Bovinity.8610

Not to be a jerk or anything, but for those of us at work or something, do we have to sit through a 15 minute video, or could you just kinda…you know…say it here? =D

Any sufficiently advanced skill is indistinguishable from luck.

Are necros op now?

in Necromancer

Posted by: zach.1847

zach.1847

i keep posting on my na account for some reason, here’s my thoughts on the patch anyways

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL929bfWjGswLe5_LO-CkSNQaWoWrQ7rm_

or are they?

Are necros op now?

in Necromancer

Posted by: psygate.5632

psygate.5632

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL929bfWjGswLe5_LO-CkSNQaWoWrQ7rm_

You broke my youtubes. Grats.

Nostalgyus-Necromancer (Kodash)

Are necros op now?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

Please add warriors, mesmers and rangers to this list.

Yeah, necro is hard to kill, and it should because we have about zero escape abilities.

Are necros op now?

in Necromancer

Oblivion.8307

Symbolic

Are necros op now?

in Necromancer

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

http://www.twitch.tv/symbollix/c/2480658

I didn’t watched the entire stream, to be honest. 1hr is too much.
The only thing I’ve got is that you think that Terror+Dhuumfire is too strong.
Honestly, I don’t know how can it be considered stronger than any HGH engineer.

Are necros op now?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bovinity.8610

Bovinity.8610

People aren’t gonna follow your Twitch page, sir. Either just post what the heck you have to say, or move along. This internet “like-whoring” business gets old.

Any sufficiently advanced skill is indistinguishable from luck.

Are necros op now?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

No, realistically with the new buffs, the offensive pressure that burning + terror can put out, along with DS 5, and all of what we used to do, its crazy strong. What really remains to be seen is if a 30/20/X/X/X build will actually be able to accomplish that pressure without being too vulnerable to focus fire.

He’s symbolic, PvPers want to hear what he says, lol.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Are necros op now?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

The only thing I might call overpowered at this point is Terror. It might be unnecessary with Dhuumfire and torment. But I’m not sure it needs much of a nerf, if one at all.

(edited by Lopez.7369)

Are necros op now?

in Necromancer

Oblivion.8307

People aren’t gonna follow your Twitch page, sir. Either just post what the heck you have to say, or move along. This internet “like-whoring” business gets old.

I don’t care whether you follow my stream or not, I’m voicing my opinions through means of video. It’s a general overview, if you don’t want to watch it, don’t.

Symbolic

Are necros op now?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

We’re not OP because we can still be focused more easily than most (maybe other than Warr). We don’t have troll potential like Thief or Mesmer due to their mobility and deception.

All they did was increase the pain the enemies who do focus us will suffer for getting close and finishing us off. But its still pretty much a matter of time, with few avenues to force a call target off, or to totally disrupt opposing team strategy.

Are necros op now?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sloth.8729

Sloth.8729

kitten no I was expecting it to be OP after all the hype. I’ve realized it’s not gotten much better at all

Limitless |

Are necros op now?

in Necromancer

Lopez.7369

No, realistically with the new buffs, the offensive pressure that burning + terror can put out, along with DS 5, and all of what we used to do, its crazy strong. What really remains to be seen is if a 30/20/X/X/X build will actually be able to accomplish that pressure without being too vulnerable to focus fire.

He’s symbolic, PvPers want to hear what he says, lol.

Just to be picky, it’s 30/20+/10/X/X. Still need 10 points for Greater Marks.

I feel like it holds up fine. Spectral Wall is a massive survivability buff.

Are necros op now?

in Necromancer

Posted by: LastDay.3524

LastDay.3524

I’ve been skeptical of Symbolic’s statements before, and he’s proven himself right before.
I dunno what it’s like at high level PvP, but I didn’t see any Necro builds I felt were OP in lower lv plays. (which is where I play)

I suppose if a Necro is skilled enough to land small marks repeatedly then it could be quite powerful.
As for other OP things the underwater Life Blast is pretty crazy.

Everything else seems more or less balanced to me.

Edit:
Or yeah just go with 20 Curses, dunno why I didn’t think of that.
Hmm…
Edit2: Oh right, I was thinking of taking both Terror and Master of Terror along with Dhuumfire.

Benight[Edge]

(edited by LastDay.3524)

Are necros op now?

in Necromancer

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

Why is Symbolic so angry?

I don’t think anyone knows at the moment whether anything’s op or not. Posting very opinionated comments without giving any examples of why you think so isn’t going to make people take your post seriously.

My personal view – necros are strong.

• They are able to create hybrid carrion builds that pump insane amounts of condis with lots of raw damage from skills now.
  • The condi uptime went up.
  • We have comparably lots and lots of access to weakness.
  • Even with condi builds new DS hits really really strong.
  • The new skill is not only powerful, but also extremely fun, both to use and watch.
  • Life Force generation went crazy up compared to what we had before.
  • Build diversity is just unbelivable.
  • I can’t find any useless or really bad utility skills in our arsenal (maybe the Locust Signet or some minions).

But,
Good opponents will still focus you, and given they have more offense as well, you need more to answer that.
Necro still has a very limited defense against CC in popular builds and I would say it’s still necro’s Achilles’ heel and being a grown-up player I would look for the answers (read: counters) there.

The only problems I can see right now that could in my opinion be over the top is the condi transfer mechanic which if combined with overall high number of fears, corrupts and terror damage can create really strong locks on some unprepared opponents rending them useless.

We need to wait for the meta to stabilise and work from then on.

See? Now that was ways better than just saying ‘necro is op, but ppl in denial.’

Cheers.

Leman

(edited by leman.7682)

Are necros op now?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

I think the application of the burning was really the problem. A freebie burn on crit is just going to be up 80% of the time with enough duration. If you don’t clean that off in a few seconds its going to be messy. And then a few seconds later it is back on you… not challenge in doing that… it just happens automatically (not fun).

Realistically I think terror should be where it was pre-buff, and then it would be less of a burst issue. I liked terror prebuff, it was still a good trait. Put terror back down to that level, and I think burning is okay where it is.

I tend to think this patch is going to make necros a lightning rod in any combat situation, which is fine because I was already that to begin with. I agree with symbolic in the sense that 30/20 (I would argue 30 in wvw)/10/0/0 is about the only build you can run if you want to run condition pressure to a max effectiveness.

I frown on build diversity being crushed with the introduction of burning, and would have prefered they buffed up the siphon stuff more, and made us choose at a GM level in curses between terror and burning.

Are necros op now?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Iceflame.5024

Iceflame.5024

Why do people say that LF generation went crazy high? It might be the case in PVE with axe, dunno about WWW. But if we talk about sPVP then the only insane spike in LF generation for staff/scepter builds is the spectral in DS but that one works for every build. Outside of that nothing’s really changed that much regarding LF for a staff/scepter condi build.

Are necros op now?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Iceflame.5024

Iceflame.5024

Why do people say that LF generation went crazy high? It might be the case in PVE with axe, dunno about WWW. But if we talk about sPVP then the only insane spike in LF generation for staff/scepter builds is the spectral in DS but that one works for every build. Outside of that nothing’s really changed that much regarding LF for a staff/scepter condi build.

Just going to use a scepter/staff LF gen build I’m currently toying with as an example:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNArdWjMaV7Fbib8bKApCPDVo3IFHrM1D4ZHAA-TsAgyCuI4SxljLDXSus1M8Y5xMAA

spectral grasp+reapers touch+SoS+FoC = ~55% LF in 3 seconds

Yeah you can certainly use that as a LF spike but what I’m trying to point out(if we use your example) is that you could use this same combination pre patch as well. Certainly the signet of spite CD change and trait merge helps quite a bit but nothing extremely different from pre patch outside of spectral walk effect staying in DS as mentioned earlier.

Are necros op now?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Hagrid Caridinam.3084

Hagrid Caridinam.3084

Why do people say that LF generation went crazy high?

Maybe it’s just me but with the reduction to the cooldown of Spectral Armor and the ability to use it while in DS, it becomes extremely strong especially traited. My LF actually goes up while in DS if i’m being peppered with attacks. I assume Spectral Walk has a similar effect as well but to a lesser degree because of the lack of Protection.

I wouldn’t say I feel necro is OP but it definitely feels a lot easier to stay alive now.

Are necros op now?

in Necromancer

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

They aren’t OP just viable.

Are necros op now?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

I’d not argue Necro being OP at all. Even with the recent – and well-deserved – buffs, the class does still have certain weak points. Now, as for Necros now being a bit more effective, I’d answer “yes.” Although, I’m looking forward to re-trying my old Vamp/Terror spec. Might just be hella fun.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

Are necros op now?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Omnitek.3876

Omnitek.3876

wait…. wait….. people are saying condition necros are op in 1v1?

LoL. u should eat a 7k+ life blast with 100% crit chance on my troll zerker build.

here is how I was rolling last night. thief opens on me, I’m glassy, so I go into DS, DS3, DS2, DS5. dead thief. when you channel your 5 skill, you can fire life blast. if thief stealths, press DS4. another 7k+ damage right there.

Condition necros are not op. power necros are. 50% crit in DS trait needs nerfed, but I am going to abuse it for as long as I can.

30/10/0/0/30 for life! thinking about dropping fire on crit though. unreal for power builds, but no one survives long enough for it to matter. I end upngeeting less than 1500 damage from it.

talking roaming/small group in wvw. I have no idea about spvp.

A L T S
Skritt Happens

Are necros op now?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

There have been several classes that were must have for team pvp – and this is not the only part of the game to consider – and rarely would you read in their forum they were OP. It’s almost like some are so used to being underdogs they want to remain so. Are necros even going to be a staple in teams, we have yet to see that. If they do become so, doesn’t mean they are OP even still, as several profs have enjoyed that position since launch, with little done except mild tweaks.

Necro should be an extremely feared opponent to engage, because they still are pretty much fighting to the death. While Torment is nice, it does not actually convincingly stop escape classes, and that they have the option to escape and/or resets fights multiple times, they should have to pay a price in in-combat power for that versatility.

Other professions can in effect ‘lose a fight’ and yet still live to tell about it, and go help their team somewhere else even if they have lost the territory being fought over initially. Necro loses, he is just running from spawn, which in WvW, is a ridiculously long trek back often.

Can’t speak much to PVE, but are Necro’s yet a top wanted class for dungeons or speed running, wouldn’t imagine so.

(edited by Pendragon.8735)

Are necros op now?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

wait…. wait….. people are saying condition necros are op in 1v1?

LoL. u should eat a 7k+ life blast with 100% crit chance on my troll zerker build.

here is how I was rolling last night. thief opens on me, I’m glassy, so I go into DS, DS3, DS2, DS5. dead thief. when you channel your 5 skill, you can fire life blast. if thief stealths, press DS4. another 7k+ damage right there.

Condition necros are not op. power necros are. 50% crit in DS trait needs nerfed, but I am going to abuse it for as long as I can.

30/10/0/0/30 for life! thinking about dropping fire on crit though. unreal for power builds, but no one survives long enough for it to matter. I end upngeeting less than 1500 damage from it.

talking roaming/small group in wvw. I have no idea about spvp.

Lol I love it. All this time zerker thieves have forced other classes out of zerker builds and been forced to take toughness or get insta gibbed. Now necros get to do the same to thieves. Balance in the universe has been restored.

Btw I dont think necros are op atm, without speed or stealth they need that survivability. grats on all the buffs

Are necros op now?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ashur.6403

Ashur.6403

friend of mine did a power build and claimed to get 6k crits auto attack in death shroud and nearly 100% crits. i would say, this is kind of op.

I could get that pre-patch, the tradeoff with those 5.5+k crits is you are incredibly squishy. The cast time is still fairly long and the projectile can be easily dodged. It wasn’t a problem beforehand, I don’t see it as one now.

Dark Lord Sutekh – Necromancer
Henge of Denravi

Are necros op now?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tobbygnome.6793

Tobbygnome.6793

(sPvP) Anything over 3-4K Life Blast crits would be using zerker gear, having a lot of might, or the enemy wearing zerker gear. Also we actually have to build up our life force, it’s not permanent AA like the AA of a thief etc. Glass Cannon is glassy and cannony \o/ that’s the point.

Are necros op now?

in Necromancer

Posted by: LastDay.3524

LastDay.3524

I could get that pre-patch, the tradeoff with those 5.5+k crits is you are incredibly squishy. The cast time is still fairly long and the projectile can be easily dodged. It wasn’t a problem beforehand, I don’t see it as one now.

Yeah, I agree.
Not to mention that unless you are standing on a capture point your opponent can just use some kind of cover (be it terrain or a skill) and you’ll be burning your Life Force away without him even attacking you.
If you exit DS to conserve LF then you leave yourself wide open for the cooldown duration.

Life Blast is powerful, but using your Life Force for offense is always risky.
Especially so if you run Zerker.

Benight[Edge]

Are necros op now?

in Necromancer

Lopez.7369

I just played a bit more. Some thoughts:

Terror is overpowered. It pushes our damage over the top. Our damage is fine otherwise as power and condition builds.

Our survivability is as awful as it was before the patch — maybe even worse because we have to give up Soul Marks to be viable. (Although I do find it more engaging and interesting, from a gameplay standpoint, that we now have to properly time and maximize Feast of Corruption to get life force.)