Are you serious?

Are you serious?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Frost.1503

Frost.1503

Can you explain to me the meaning of this trait?https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Siphoned_Power
I tought that with gw2 HoT they would change it….
I saw the video of new specialization and I like it very much less for the Necromancer
They are completing destroying the Necromancer.
Spite:
http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/gw2-necro-spite-specialization.jpg
Curses:
http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/gw2-necro-curses-specialization.jpg
Death magic:
http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/gw2-necro-death-magic-specialization.jpg
Blood magic:
http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/gw2-necro-blood-magic-specialization.jpg
Soul reaping:
http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/gw2-necro-soul-reaping-specialization.jpg
I would like give some advice, ask to do some changes. But the problem that the Necromancer is completing wrong I don’t know from where I can start.
I’M TALKING OF CONDITIONER NECROMANCE

(edited by Frost.1503)

Are you serious?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

I’m not defending it at all, but the I believe idea is that, if you enter Death Shroud at less than 25% health (or 50% come Hot) everything that hits you will grant might. Notice how the trait doesn’t have a cooldown? with the right timing, you could possibly generate a sizable number of might stacks in this way while you’re fighting in DS, on top of what you’ve probably already built/are building with Blood is Power and Reaper’s Might.

Are you serious?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ratphink.4751

Ratphink.4751

The trait will also be changing sometime between now and release of HoT to proc might when hitting an enemy below… I want to say 50% hp but I could be wrong.

And as Foefaller stated, the original concept to the trait was to maximize it’s usage in Death Shroud. Without the internal cooldown this meant you could gain stacks of might of every hit you received below 25% health (in or out of Death Shroud). Unfortunately this usually meant dying with large amounts of might by the time you were forced out of DS, hence the incoming change to it.

“I have begun my journey in a paper boat without a bottom.”

Are you serious?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

The design of the new Siphoned Power is a step in the right direction, in my opinion. It just needs a different might duration or internal cooldown.

The old trait was pretty questionable since you had to let yourself get so low and have a good chunk of life force to make use of it. But the new trait will give you a couple stacks of might for attacking a low-health target, which is generally good strategy. Here’s to hoping they change the numbers so it can stack to an appreciable amount, rather than just being 2 stacks of might.

Edit: Clarity.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

(edited by Softspoken.2410)

Are you serious?

in Necromancer

Frost.1503

Guys look here!!!!
FIRST:
http://i.imgur.com/o358xCI.jpg
The trait will have a CD of 5 sec and will give you just 2 stack of might for 5 sec. CAMOUN!
SECOND:
Now look the guardian when block the attack (no cd):
http://i.imgur.com/Z6u8QVh.jpg
3 stack of might, no cd and for 15 sec

Are you serious?

in Necromancer

Posted by: goldenwing.9654

goldenwing.9654

Guardians have akways been the perfect lovechild of ANet in terms of balancing.

Meanwhile Necromancers, in theme pretty much the polar opposite of Guardians are the redheaded-stepchild.

Are you serious?

in Necromancer

Posted by: War Mourner.5168

War Mourner.5168

The guardian thing is actually really dumb, if the no ICD thing is true.

You’ll pop a block during a team fight and easily get 15+ stacks of might just from random AOEs. God help you if they block a channel like 100 blades/life siphon.

15s base duration is not insignificant either.

The ICD’s on the necro traits is really long, and kills what would otherwise be nice traits.

Edit: If the necro GS autochain is what we think it is, bitter chill will be kinda neat.

(edited by War Mourner.5168)

Are you serious?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

The Guardian thing is something they have right now.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Are you serious?

in Necromancer

Foefaller.1082

The guardian thing is actually really dumb, if the no ICD thing is true.

You’ll pop a block during a team fight and easily get 15+ stacks of might just from random AOEs. God help you if they block a channel like 100 blades/life siphon.

15s base duration is not insignificant either.

The ICD’s on the necro traits is really long, and kills what would otherwise be nice traits.

Edit: If the necro GS autochain is what we think it is, bitter chill will be kinda neat.

Umm, Shelter is the only Guardian block skill that works like that. The rest are all counters, aegis, projectile only (which do not count as blocks) or Shield of Wrath, which only blocks three attacks with a 45 second cooldown. In fact, Protector’s strike (the counter) is the only one currently with a cooldown of less that 30s. Getting 15 stacks of might would almost always require the Guardian to burn off nearly all of thier block/aegis skills, as well as their main heal, and like Terrormancers with Fears, is not something you do at the drop of a hat unless it’s an emergency.

That being said, yes the Necro might trait getting an ICD that’s as long as the might duration is annoying, even if Necros can keep DS longer than Guardians can keep up blocks.

Are you serious?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

Guys look here!!!!
FIRST:
The trait will have a CD of 5 sec and will give you just 2 stack of might for 5 sec. CAMOUN!
SECOND:

Maybe I’ve been playing my guardian wrong, but I feel it’s a tad easier to attack an enemy below 50% health than to block an attack.

Are you serious?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

They are fixing in HoT so its actually 50% health and on the enemy you are attacking instead of you being on the receiving end. Which is decent in my opinion. Spite is the only traitline that seems good for necro in HoT. Curses is a mess, Death magic would be ok i minions didn’t suck, Blood magic would be lackluster if lifesteal didn’t suck, and soul reaping is or the most part what makes deathroud not as crippling as baseline.

Are you serious?

in Necromancer

Foefaller.1082

They are fixing in HoT so its actually 50% health and on the enemy you are attacking instead of you being on the receiving end. Which is decent in my opinion. Spite is the only traitline that seems good for necro in HoT. Curses is a mess, Death magic would be ok i minions didn’t suck, Blood magic would be lackluster if lifesteal didn’t suck, and soul reaping is or the most part what makes deathroud not as crippling as baseline.

Ooo, they did change it from you to your target getting hit! That changes the dynamic quite a bit, especially paired with Close to Death.

Are you serious?

in Necromancer

Frost.1503

Guys look here!!!!
FIRST:
SECOND:

Maybe I’ve been playing my guardian wrong, but I feel it’s a tad easier to attack an enemy below 50% health than to block an attack.

Not maybe xD this are your skill that block attacks:
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Block
For have the max efficient from this skill you just need to know your enemy. Anyway i’m really happy for the Guardian and that they are working in this way.I take the Guardian just for example I could take any professions in the game. Have a trait that give you 2 stack of might for 5 second, every 5 second when the enemy have less than 50% of life mean that you can’t receive more than 2 stack of might for 5 sec. I really prefer have 20% more damage when the enemy have less than 50% of life.

(edited by Frost.1503)

Are you serious?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

This trait is getting nerfed to the ground in HoT, currently in zergbusting, in the right conditions this trait can instantly spike you with 25 might but with the new internal cool down our grandmaster minor will be giving us an impressive two stacks of might…

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

Are you serious?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

And as Foefaller stated, the original concept to the trait was to maximize it’s usage in Death Shroud. Without the internal cooldown this meant you could gain stacks of might of every hit you received below 25% health (in or out of Death Shroud). Unfortunately this usually meant dying with large amounts of might by the time you were forced out of DS, hence the incoming change to it.

It boggles my mind that none of the game designers predicted this. The original concept was already flawed on paper. Anyone could see that it wouldn’t work, yet they implement it anyway, and surprise, it doesn’t work. Great work guys!

Seriously, you gain might when below 25% health? Either you die with lots of Might, or you gain way too much Might when a zerk hits you (if you some how survive that). Either way its a problem.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

(edited by Mad Queen Malafide.7512)

Are you serious?

in Necromancer

Frost.1503

It boggles my mind that none of the game designers predicted this. The original concept was already flawed on paper. Anyone could see that it wouldn’t work, yet they implement it anyway, and surprise, it doesn’t work. Great work guys!

Seriously, you gain might when below 25% health? Either you die with lots of Might, or you gain way too much Might when a zerk hits you (if you some how survive that). Either way its a problem.

That’s what I mean!!!

Are you serious?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Funnily enough, if they allowed us access to our healing skill and utilities while in DS and allowed us to heal ourselves, the old version would have been really good, because you could afford to get low, go into DS, build up might, then use something like SoL/your healing skill to pop your HP back up a bunch before leaving.

Although, the fact that it had negative synergy with Unholy Sanctuary was kind of funny, but not surprising.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Are you serious?

in Necromancer

Frost.1503

Are you serious?

in Necromancer

Frost.1503

I TOLD YOU…..
No body listened to me!!!
All class has been improved and the Necro at the moment can be throw in the trash….
Our condition do less damage, our mobility is low, we don’t have nothing for reflect projectle, we would like seems tank but we are not, we don’t give enough boon to the party, we don’t have invisibility skill, we can’t escape from our enemy…… Signet? NO, I DON’T LIKE BE ALL TIME IN COMBAT, BECOUSE I TAKE CONDITION FROM EVERYBODY! I CAN’T RECHARGE LIFE AND SKILL!!!!

Are you serious?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

I think overall the changes are good to necro. However compare to other classes it’s underwhelming. Yesterday I was messing with my ele and found out spaming 1111111111 gives you 25stack of might…..

Are you serious?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Seems to be rumblings of necro being op, and seeing a lot of posts except from mesmers about the changes being underwhelming.

I actually think that’s a sign of a good patch, especially for us.

(edited by Roe.3679)

Are you serious?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Smitten.3076

Smitten.3076

I TOLD YOU…..
No body listened to me!!!
All class has been improved and the Necro at the moment can be throw in the trash….
Our condition do less damage, our mobility is low, we don’t have nothing for reflect projectle, we would like seems tank but we are not, we don’t give enough boon to the party, we don’t have invisibility skill, we can’t escape from our enemy…… Signet? NO, I DON’T LIKE BE ALL TIME IN COMBAT, BECOUSE I TAKE CONDITION FROM EVERYBODY! I CAN’T RECHARGE LIFE AND SKILL!!!!

What are you on about? I’m loving my necro; I’m not even running a burst build. Necro is currently in a really good spot, granted there are some condi changes that need to happen ( to condi’s in general ).

Are you serious?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

I think overall the changes are good to necro. However compare to other classes it’s underwhelming. Yesterday I was messing with my ele and found out spaming 1111111111 gives you 25stack of might…..

…that’s not a new trait, yo.

Are you serious?

in Necromancer

Posted by: ImdA.4701

ImdA.4701

No, Necro is far from bad atm. Condi Signet is ridiculously strong.

Necro’s changes are good if you accept to change your good old build, you must admit it guys.

Are you serious?

in Necromancer

Posted by: MonkeyButtFace.4862

MonkeyButtFace.4862

How very suiting. Thread necromancy in the necromancer forums.

Attachments:

Katinne Graveborn, TC Necromancer
RPer, PvPer, WvWer.

Are you serious?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zalavaaris.5329

Zalavaaris.5329

Necro’s changes are good if you accept to change your good old build, you must admit it guys.

How are signets that strong? Bosses and trash mobs don’t really put that many boons on themselves to convert and there aren’t a lot of conditions to make good use of the transfers. Condis are for sure at a disadvantage when comparing to a power necro in lich. No way your spa will keep up.

Are you serious?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

How are signets that strong? Bosses and trash mobs don’t really put that many boons on themselves to convert and there aren’t a lot of conditions to make good use of the transfers. Condis are for sure at a disadvantage when comparing to a power necro in lich. No way your spa will keep up.

pvp . more to the game than trash mobs and bosses.

Are you serious?

in Necromancer

Zalavaaris.5329

very true, there is also more to the game than pvp and that was my point with that comment, nobody stops to think about pve players and what is important to our content.

Are you serious?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

very true, there is also more to the game than pvp and that was my point with that comment, nobody stops to think about pve players and what is important to our content.

So our condi damage isn’t that great in PvE……woop de friggin doo. Things are going great in PvP right now, and Power Necro still exists for PvE and also Reaper Spec still to come. Aside from a few changes such as the Corruption nerfs, I’m very happy with where Necro is going.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Are you serious?

in Necromancer

Zalavaaris.5329

So our condi damage isn’t that great in PvE……woop de friggin doo. Things are going great in PvP right now, and Power Necro still exists for PvE and also Reaper Spec still to come. Aside from a few changes such as the Corruption nerfs, I’m very happy with where Necro is going.

This sounds very dismissive, some of us want to play condition necro in PVE and not have it be crapped on by power specs. Its been the same meta for such a long time its getting stale.

EDIT: in fact, maybe its time to just move onto WvW and leave PVE behind, nobody seems to care honestly, everyone talks about PVP balance and could give a crap about pve players and their interests.

(edited by Zalavaaris.5329)

Are you serious?

in Necromancer

Shaogin.2679

This sounds very dismissive, some of us want to play condition necro in PVE and not have it be crapped on by power specs. Its been the same meta for such a long time its getting stale.

That has nothing to do with the necro, that is all around problem. Direct damage will be greater than condi in PvE, always and forever unless they drastically increase the direct damage reduction of mobs. The fact is, Signets ARE good for their current intended use. Just because someone wants to use Signets in a setting where they don’t perform well doesn’t make them bad.

Gate of Madness

Are you serious?

in Necromancer

Zalavaaris.5329

Very true Shaogin I completely agree that signets have their place BUT the fact that signets are good is not a reason to dismiss possible fixes to make condi necros better in PVE. Its basically saying, im happy with my PVP balance so you should be happy with your PVE balance. They just arent the same thing.

EDIT: just for the record, when i asked how signets were good it was more sarcasm than anything because I understand fully well that they are good in PVP. I was more baiting people to say that it was for PVP because the original comment just said signets were good as if in general for ALL game modes they were the reason necros are viable which just simply isnt true.

(edited by Zalavaaris.5329)

Are you serious?

in Necromancer

Frost.1503

Guys i’m talking of condition necromancer!

Are you serious?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

Guys i’m talking of condition necromancer!

That still exists?

EverythingOP

Are you serious?

in Necromancer

Shaogin.2679

Signet is condi necromancer. If you’re talking about pve, well condi necro never existed there, so anet didn’t break anything. So far Anet has improved on everything about our class, aside from some issues with corruptions. I really don’t see what there is to complain about.

Gate of Madness

Are you serious?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I’ve been finding that signetmancer works better as a Power build than condition. The transfers don’t use your stats anyway, and most boons you corrupt don’t become damaging conditions anyway. As such, you can have fantastic condition pressure and consistent Power DPS in the same build.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Are you serious?

in Necromancer

Frost.1503

Signet for me don’t work!!!!
Signet of Vampirism: Why I should use it if I have consume condition (nerfed)!
Plague signet: You take condition from your team mate! I result always in combat. I can’T recharge my life (if you are out of combat thw life recharge faster)
Signet of undeth: I don’t really need it for burst my enemy!(CD 140 sec or 180 sec) I have the staff that give me life force.
Signet of locust: Not bad for a necro… But take life from enemy isn’T enoghu, should be breakstun and give us protection (or somethings for reflect).
Signet of Spite: Is fanatic, but why power and not condition passive effect?
The other class now take might and put vulnerability to the enemy really fast for not speak how easy they remove condition. Our condition duration has been nerfed and the condition damage isn’t enough like before.

Are you serious?

in Necromancer

Posted by: MonkeyButtFace.4862

MonkeyButtFace.4862

Signet for me don’t work!!!!
Signet of Vampirism: Why I should use it if I have consume condition (nerfed)!
Plague signet: You take condition from your team mate! I result always in combat. I can’T recharge my life (if you are out of combat thw life recharge faster)
Signet of undeth: I don’t really need it for burst my enemy!(CD 140 sec or 180 sec) I have the staff that give me life force.
Signet of locust: Not bad for a necro… But take life from enemy isn’T enoghu, should be breakstun and give us protection (or somethings for reflect).
Signet of Spite: Is fanatic, but why power and not condition passive effect?
The other class now take might and put vulnerability to the enemy really fast for not speak how easy they remove condition. Our condition duration has been nerfed and the condition damage isn’t enough like before.

Plague Signet is great for dropping condi bombs. More specifically, THEIR condi bombs. It’s also instant-cast and a stunbreak, which makes it easy to suckerpunch in a split second opportunity against a rapidly-evading enemy.

Signet of the Locust, when traited, is an AoE boonstrip as well as a decent second heal. And hey, you run faster.

Signet of Spite gives more power AND is a strong condi-bomb in it’s own right. Plink that thing off, leave the poor kitten on the other end screaming in panic.

Signet of Vampirism is the only heal signet. It’s a nice damage boost when you pop it, and can sometimes go a long way toward spiking a foo’ down. And hey, boonstripping when you heal is a GREAT thing!

Katinne Graveborn, TC Necromancer
RPer, PvPer, WvWer.

Are you serious?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Signet is condi necromancer. If you’re talking about pve, well condi necro never existed there, so anet didn’t break anything. So far Anet has improved on everything about our class, aside from some issues with corruptions. I really don’t see what there is to complain about.

To be honest, Conditionmancer in traditional sense seems kinda dead. Most successful “Condition” builds now just transfer conditions and are hybrids with more tanky amulets than Rabid or Carrion.

You can still play Condition, but it’s a shade of the past imo. That’s no good, especially if meta shifts back to Power based with little damaging condition builds. Then we can find out that Signets are not as powerful without Condition transfers with good conditions. People are still testing stuff out and exploiting Burning, but once it gets nerfed, there aren’t really that many Conditions.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

(edited by Rym.1469)