Ascii Livestreaming WvW

Ascii Livestreaming WvW

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

Since recording, editing and uploading videos takes along time I’ve resorted to livestreaming again (and now i have a faster net connection).

http://www.twitch.tv/gw2ascii

Most of my content will be WvW based (either solo havoc or large-scale).

Terrormancer solo havoc build
Wellomancer large scale build

I will bump this thread as and when I’m recording and ill usually record for several hours hope you enjoy!

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

(edited by Ascii.9726)

Ascii Livestreaming WvW

in Necromancer

Posted by: Early Morning Riser.1240

Early Morning Riser.1240

Thanks! Very cool. lol, learned several tips in just 5 minutes of watching.

Ascii Livestreaming WvW

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

I am curious why you blot out the map? Is it to prevent people from reverse stream hunting you? Because it is still pretty easy to find someone streaming.

This does look easier than making videos… but I don’t know how fun it would be for people to watch me run in a circle flipping camps in the down times.

Ascii Livestreaming WvW

in Necromancer

Ascii.9726

I am curious why you blot out the map? Is it to prevent people from reverse stream hunting you? Because it is still pretty easy to find someone streaming.

This does look easier than making videos… but I don’t know how fun it would be for people to watch me run in a circle flipping camps in the down times.

I do believe people are actually doing just this xD just fought the same group of TC players at 3 different camps. Until i pay for xSplit i cant add a delay to my stream so i might have to do just that!

I blot out the map so if/ when commanders zone into the map people cant guess @ were they are from it.

Benefit of xSplit streaming is that it also records the videos onto your account, so you can go through and make a video from the good parts if you have the time for it. The downtime of movement & camp flipping might be boring to some, but others might be new to WvW/ Necro and not know proper enters/ exits or nuke orders ect so its just the best of both worlds for now.

When i get my new headset i will begin to talk on stream too.

Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

(edited by Ascii.9726)

Ascii Livestreaming WvW

in Necromancer

Posted by: Godless.1857

Godless.1857

As I said on the stream, I’m very happy to see some necro’s start streaming – fed up of the majority of streams seeming to be thief or ele.

Maybe not be the best place to ask – do you have any recommendations on where to start putting WvW skill points first, or just wherever?

Ascii Livestreaming WvW

in Necromancer

Ascii.9726

Guard Defense & Offense. +250 Vitality and +100 power & condition damage.

Ascii Livestreaming WvW

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Biggest problem with streaming, of course. Tons of footage where nothing is happening or nothing interesting is happening.

edit: Commentary would definitely make it better as mentioned above.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

Ascii Livestreaming WvW

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

The commander tag thing does make sense, I had not really considered that. Our tactic in Maguuma is just to karama train servers to death during the work week, while they are lightly defended, sort of like the reverse of night-capping.

Ascii Livestreaming WvW

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Not seeing any video at this time.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

Ascii Livestreaming WvW

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

Livestreaming solo havoc and general roaming’s.

What was that music when you were roaming ?

Ascii Livestreaming WvW

in Necromancer

Ascii.9726

What was that music when you were roaming ?

I usually use ‘epic music’ soundtracks from YouTube.

Ascii Livestreaming WvW

in Necromancer

Ascii.9726

Nice little bit of footage i snagged from my livestream earlier today.

(edited by Ascii.9726)

Ascii Livestreaming WvW

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nuffmeister.4379

Nuffmeister.4379

I have really enjoyed viewing your livestreams, your a pleasure to watch.

Ascii Livestreaming WvW

in Necromancer

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

>_< your stream always appears when I’m at work.

Ascii Livestreaming WvW

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Must be my PC at work cause I can’t see your stream.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

Ascii Livestreaming WvW

in Necromancer

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Cant see it either at work. Unable to load video. I just about wanted to request if you could run with or against a larger group. I’d like to see how this could be improved for myself.

Ascii Livestreaming WvW

in Necromancer

Posted by: Eternum.1706

Eternum.1706

Always loved your guides and videos, looking forward to watching your next stream.

Tarnished Coast
ZzZz | Zombie Coast
For the Toast!

Ascii Livestreaming WvW

in Necromancer

Ascii.9726

Cant see it either at work. Unable to load video. I just about wanted to request if you could run with or against a larger group. I’d like to see how this could be improved for myself.

I don’t typically stream large-scale with my Wellomancer unless its reset night or forced meetings though i will try to make an effort to squeeze more into my streaming routines.

Also just a head’s up for anyone following my stream, when the WvW leagues begins (18th October if ANet doesn’t change it again) i will begin doing commentary and also random gold giveaways at the end of my streams!

Ascii Livestreaming WvW

in Necromancer

Posted by: Avalanzhe.5761

Avalanzhe.5761

Nice little bit of footage i snagged from my livestream earlier today.

I never knew that you can plague-stomp, how do you do that?

BTW really great clip you got there! Good thing I still kept my condition trinkets. Also can you enlighten me why carrion armor and not rabid set?

Vaahlenaz Bloodlich – Charr Necromancer

Ascii Livestreaming WvW

in Necromancer

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

BTW really great clip you got there! Good thing I still kept my condition trinkets. Also can you enlighten me why carrion armor and not rabid set?

I’d also like to hear the reasons for carrion over rabid.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Ascii Livestreaming WvW

in Necromancer

Posted by: Terok.7315

Terok.7315

I never knew that you can plague-stomp, how do you do that?

Start the stomp normally (f), then immediately activate plague form. The form does not interrupt the stomp at all and you get stability.

Vile Necromancer||Defender of the Beastgate||Slayer of Moa’s

Ascii Livestreaming WvW

in Necromancer

Ascii.9726

Yes plague stomping can be done by using the Plague elite anytime after beginning the stomp, don’t delay it for too long though as you might get CC’d.

As for why i use Carrion of Rabid, i prefer to balance my vitality and toughness so im not super weak to condi bursts or direct damage bursts. The power gained from Carrion has also proved very useful when using certain skills that scale well with power and multiplying effects (such as Scepter 3).

I’ve always maintained on my stream when i lose a 1v1 that was close enough to tell if Dire would of saved me vs. Carrion then i would swap to Dire armour but that hasn’t happened yet and Carrion is still proving strong.

One last thing to point out about Carrion over Rabid is in WvW as the week goes by your server levels up global buffs, one of which is a +% max HP that is usually around 12% (for SoR) when the weeks ends, so Carrion naturally benefits from the additional HP this buff provides.

Ascii Livestreaming WvW

in Necromancer

Ascii.9726

Hey everyone!

Both builds have been updated for the new WvW season, as always I’m happy to answer any questions on the builds or playstyle.

I will begin re-streaming sometime next week hopefully so stay tuned!

Ascii Livestreaming WvW

in Necromancer

Posted by: Essa.5826

Essa.5826

Hey everyone!

Both builds have been updated for the new WvW season, as always I’m happy to answer any questions on the builds or playstyle.

I will begin re-streaming sometime next week hopefully so stay tuned!

In your Terrormancer build you have Giver’s ascended weapons, these does not exists afaik?

FSP

Ascii Livestreaming WvW

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oblivion.8307

Oblivion.8307

you should really use death shroud 2 a lot more judging from the 5v1 clip.

Symbolic

Ascii Livestreaming WvW

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bawi.9541

Bawi.9541

HA! I see I’m not the only one who has given 100% condi duration a try in wvw. I ended up picking 4traveler/ 2lyssa/ 1giver over double giver though, to actually get a +100% fear with staff#5.

Have you tried out sigils of geomancy lately? They go ridiculously well with BM III. Just dodge, swap, DS is a bleeding stack that’s almost worth cleansing. Con: you’re going toe to toe and it offers little to no cover conditions by itself. (//edit: I just realized that I moved 10 points from curses to death magic for staff cooldowns to encourage weapon swapping. Guess I play quite differently after all.)

Props for the 100% duration without master of terror, nice build

Ele / Guardian

(edited by Bawi.9541)

Ascii Livestreaming WvW

in Necromancer

Ascii.9726

@Essa.5826
Sorry these were suppose to be exotic Giver weapons! I’ve corrected it now.

@Oblivion.8307
I usually spam it tons right after Doom, i just must of forgotten during that fight(s) :P

@Bawi.9541
Dropping 1 utility & the missing celestial points for 90 condition damage is too much for me IMO (especially now that I’ve spent a lot of time using 6 Traveler runes and love them to bits).

I’ve tried my best to stay away from Geomancy in WvW for several reasons, mainly being you have to be pretty much point blank and you only get the additional damage if you weapon swap (which leaves the decision of when you are close to swap for damage and not utility).

The Mark of Evasion + Weakening Shroud + Geomancy is pretty mean though, i use to use it all the time, i just find Earths more active now that Dhuumfire is around and you have 40%+ base crit because of it.

Ascii Livestreaming WvW

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

Ha.. when I watched your stream live a couple of weeks ago, I also noticed that you rarely ever use Dark Path.

Ascii Livestreaming WvW

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bawi.9541

Bawi.9541

Yeah, i totally see your points. To me it was more about the 100% staff fear than the 90 condition damage. The good thing about it is both 6 Lyssa and 6 Traveler make good wvw sets of their own, so one can just mix and match.
About the geomancy, I guess that’s a playstyle preference. I chose Staff cooldowns to encourage swapping, you chose lingering curse to encourage sticking with scepter.

Those are really small nuances to a really similar idea imo. I like it

Ele / Guardian

Ascii Livestreaming WvW

in Necromancer

Oblivion.8307

Ha.. when I watched your stream live a couple of weeks ago, I also noticed that you rarely ever use Dark Path.

I don’t think I’ve streamed in over a month o.o Regardless, it was a really good clip anyhow! It’s probably more a playstyle preference too I guess since I ran with geomancy.

Symbolic

Ascii Livestreaming WvW

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

Sorry, by “you” I meant Ascii.

Ascii Livestreaming WvW

in Necromancer

Oblivion.8307

Oh.. Awkward, haha.

Symbolic

Ascii Livestreaming WvW

in Necromancer

Ascii.9726

Hey peoples! Currently livestreaming solo havoc and general roaming’s, hope you enjoy!