Attrition? not even close

in Necromancer

Posted by: Login.5102

Login.5102

The necromancer is supposed to be the attrition class in guild wars 2, but this can not be farther from the truth.

The longer a necromancer stays in a fight your chances of winning start to diminish.

For condition builds you must bleed bomb / terror burst most classes down or they will win the attrition fight.
For power builds you must immobilize well of suffering /dagger auto to take down your target asap. If you combo fails its a good chance its curtains.

I am looking forward to the fire buff, but it doesn’t seem to be steering the necromancer in the right direction. It will just want to make the necromancer go for even more burst builds. I doubt the weakness buff will change the play style of the necro either.

in Necromancer

Posted by: DaisyRogers.6837

DaisyRogers.6837

weakness has been awesome for PvE. I can take down hordes of foes at a time combining it with syphoning.

I just wish weakness would be more reliable PvP. High power builds typically have high precision making it useless, and condition builds laugh at it since most of the damage is front loaded into the bleeds and conditions.

It can do attrition beautifully keeping weakness up permanently on all foes around you, but currently only for half the game modes are affected by it as the min max builds of PvP ignore the condition.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kravick.4906

Kravick.4906

Most necros who have played this class for a while have already come to this conclusion and come to terms with it. Yes, we are pretty bad at attrition. REALLY bad at it, in fact. We’re also pretty bad at stacking bleeds, our primary source of condition damage. ANet did not have time to give this class a final balance pass before it was shoved out the door. What is really strange to me is why it has taken them so long just to even look at this class for rebalancing.

Stuff goes here.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lolicia.6502

Lolicia.6502

How are we terrible at stacking bleeds? Staff 2 + mark of evasion + weakening shroud + geomancy is a quick 10 aoe stacks that can turn into 20 stacks on surrounding targets after epidemic. Add in scepter 2/dagger 5 and you can get even more.

Sabetha Sylvanshade, Sylvari Necromancer
Beatrice The Bloody, Norn Engineer
Gate of Madness

in Necromancer

Kravick.4906

How are we terrible at stacking bleeds? Staff 2 + mark of evasion + weakening shroud + geomancy is a quick 10 aoe stacks that can turn into 20 stacks on surrounding targets after epidemic. Add in scepter 2/dagger 5 and you can get even more.

I have multiple 80s. Trust me, thats nothing.

Stuff goes here.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

shh some dont know about this yet.

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Don’t forget that we have had it confirmed that Weakness is about to get buffed and will apply to all hits (though at a reduced chance overall). Precision builds will no longer be able to ignore it.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

Adding more conditions to our arsenal or changing the effect of weakness won’t change that the necro is not an attrition class.

Imo the only way to improve this would be to have our heals and lf regen scale with the number of opponents we are facing, because in 1v1s there is absolutey no need to make us more resilient.

I have multiple 80s. Trust me, thats nothing.

It’s not nothing.
Also, other bleeding classes don’t have something like Deathly Swarm or Putrid Mark.
So in a battle of the bleeders the necro will always have the upper hand.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mammoth.1975

Mammoth.1975

If you’re built for attrition you should be winning attrition fights against everyone except eles and rangers.

If you’re not playing to win, don’t complain when you lose.

in Necromancer

Kravick.4906

It’s not nothing.
Also, other bleeding classes don’t have something like Deathly Swarm or Putrid Mark.

Thats not the point. The point was that there are classes that can stack bleeds faster, and to a higher number. Transferring has nothing to do with it.

Stuff goes here.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

The only attrition build I’ve found that works is using PVT minions in sPVP. It deals with a lot of the weaknesses that a necromancer has, and adds a few strengths, too.

Though technically in WvW I run sort-of an attrition build, since I run full Carrion, but I do have plenty of direct damage overall. The bleeds hurt in the long run, but hitting your opponent with wells and life blast hurt immediately.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in Necromancer

flow.6043

If you’re built for attrition you should be winning attrition fights against everyone except eles and rangers.

The whole point here is that you really can’t build for attrition as a necro.
If you are too weak to beat an ele or ranger then you should maybe respec more aggressively because the attrition part just isn’t working for us.

It’s not nothing.

Thats not the point. The point was that there are classes that can stack bleeds faster, and to a higher number. Transferring has nothing to do with it.

I might agree on faster, but higher? Necros can hit the 25 cap even though it takes them an hour.

And transferring: their bleeds are yours to throw back at them, in a way this is a more effective stacking method than any other class is capable of.

in Necromancer

Kravick.4906

I might agree on faster, but higher? Necros can hit the 25 cap even though it takes them an hour.

And transferring: their bleeds are yours to throw back at them, in a way this is a more effective stacking method than any other class is capable of.

I don’t know about that. I find that simply clearing the conditions is more efficient and effective. Transfers can be dodged/blocked. Cleansing cannot.

And yes, higher AND faster.

I can’t locate a suitable video but warriors do something similar with frenzy every 10 seconds. Though the reason you don’t see condition warriors is simply because axe/greatsword is so much more powerful that you’re actually nerfing your damage potential by using a sword.

Necromancers are balanced around having epidemic, which is why our bleed application is so slow and not as high.

Stuff goes here.

(edited by Kravick.4906)

in Necromancer

flow.6043

Quickness is cheating :P

No seriously, nice video but this is nothing a necro couldn’t handle in a 1v1.

in Necromancer

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

Most necros who have played this class for a while have already come to this conclusion and come to terms with it. Yes, we are pretty bad at attrition. REALLY bad at it, in fact. We’re also pretty bad at stacking bleeds, our primary source of condition damage. ANet did not have time to give this class a final balance pass before it was shoved out the door. What is really strange to me is why it has taken them so long just to even look at this class for rebalancing.

There was a final balance pass, Necro was nerfed to the ground because it was OP during the early stages. DS #2 used to be a ground targeted shadowstep for example.

That said it is pretty sad that a D/D ele can easily out-bunker a Necro, it seems like Necro was supposed to be the tanky mage class but that never materialized.

in Necromancer

Lolicia.6502

We may not be able to stack 25 bleeds on a single target in 3 seconds, but it takes about 5-6 seconds for a necro to stack 13 bleeds on 1 target and 25 stacks on 4 other targets. And we can do this every 12-15 seconds. Combine us with any other condition class and we can do this faster.

Gate of Madness

in Necromancer

Kravick.4906

There was a final balance pass, Necro was nerfed to the ground because it was OP during the early stages. DS #2 used to be a ground targeted shadowstep for example.

That said it is pretty sad that a D/D ele can easily out-bunker a Necro, it seems like Necro was supposed to be the tanky mage class but that never materialized.

I know how necros were in beta. I played one in all three BWEs. I also wouldn’t call that a balance pass. It was an across the board nerf. They didn’t do any testing after the changes and its very obvious, especially when you look at how our traits are spread every where. A lot of the utilities are also in pretty bad shape.

Stuff goes here.

(edited by Kravick.4906)

in Necromancer

Mammoth.1975

The whole point here is that you really can’t build for attrition as a necro.

If you do, then you beat everyone except eles and rangers, and the only reason you lose to those is because they drop conditions constantly while still maintaining decent output. Seems like you can.

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeuroMuse.1763

NeuroMuse.1763

We’re not terrible at stacking bleeds I don’t think any one said that. The point is that has little to do with true attrition based combat which involves outlasting your opponent and ANet claims we’re “defined/designed” around that kind of attrition they’ve stated it directly on more than one ocassion.

Oh and your 20+ stacks get instantly removed with one skill and then you get lolburst into oblivion while most of your goodies are on cooldown.. in PvE its not an issue aside from the stacking caps.

in Necromancer

Kravick.4906

We’re not terrible at stacking bleeds I don’t think any one said that. The point is that has little to do with true attrition based combat which involves outlasting your opponent and ANet claims we’re “defined/designed” around that kind of attrition they’ve stated it directly on more than one ocassion.

Oh and your 20+ stacks get instantly removed with one skill and then you get lolburst into oblivion while most of your goodies are on cooldown.. in PvE its not an issue aside from the stacking caps.

I did, actually, but its all relative. Can a necromancer achieve 15+ stacks of bleeds? Yes. Like Lolicia said, 3-5 seconds, sure. 25 stacks? Only on secondary targets via epidemic, and only if we manage to hit two targets with our abilities. This won’t happen if they’re spread apart farther than 600 range. However, by comparison to the other classes ability to stack bleeds, our stacking is rather meh. They can do it faster, but only because its a cast time issue. If we had half the cast times we do now, I’d take everything back. Even engineers can get some pretty wicked AoE bleed stacks going. The only thing that sets us apart from the others is that we have epidemic, which is why our stacking isn’t as good. Balancing a class around one skill like that is a bad way to balance a class. Especially when you look at the alternatives.

That being said, if there is only one target, as with 90% of the boss encounters in the game, our bleed stacking is terrible. Also what you said. Since bleed is our primary source of damage, it all gets wiped clean by a single condition clear.

Stuff goes here.

(edited by Kravick.4906)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Balekai.6083

Balekai.6083

Even though I have a fairly effective attrition build for my necro, I still have to agree with the OP. My issues about Necro attrition are the following:

- Death Shroud not being able to take a lot of punishment compared to other damage mitigation mechanics. It needs to be tougher and allow heals to replenish your actual health so you’re ready to battle after exiting. There’s no attrition in having 2-5% health left, having your healing skill in CD, popping into Death Shroud as your “second helath bar” and having enemies CC, instantly dps it down or evade you until it runs out, then promptly spike you after exiting if you don’t get off your heal. If you do get your heal off and aren’t built for super attrition, your going to die anyways unless you somehow build enough LF in 5 seconds if traited for 5 sec DS cooldown.

If I was designing Death Shroud. I would make healing or at least regeneration heal (as suggested by Devs recently) your base health, while adding a damage cap or a skill that gives you a temporary damage cap for x seconds (something around 5% of health.)

- My other issue is the casting time on time sensitive skills. Epidemic for example should be near instant cast (1/4 to 1/2 of a second).

- Utility skills need quicker recharge times, especially WoP, WoD and Spectral skills.

- All Siphons should scale with healing power. Healing + (Healing Power x 0.1 or 0.05) would work.

- Many Traits need to be combined and new ones made available. The first thing I would do is move Focused Rituals into Ritual Mastery and replace its spot with something that adds like 2 seconds burning on weakness application (Hexfire). Combine Greater Marks and Staff Mastery, make it a Master Trait, make radius of Marks from Greater Marks default (or make it a 5 or 15 minor/master trait). Add a new defensive weakness trait that applies weakness to nearby foes when you take a hit, with an internal CD of like 5-10 seconds (Weakening Aura). Combine Reanimator into Minion Master, Protection of the Horde into Flesh of the Master. Make two other traits to replace Reanimator and Protection of the Horde that add more universal damage mitigation or CC.

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeuroMuse.1763

NeuroMuse.1763

That being said, if there is only one target, as with 90% of the boss encounters in the game, our bleed stacking is terrible. Also what you said. Since bleed is our primary source of damage, it all gets wiped clean by a single condition clear.

Sorry I completely missed you stated that. While some classes can acheive 25 bleeds easily most of the time it will involve abilities with long cooldowns and they can’t maintain it. Their fillers are not that great typically so in the long run it balances out a little comparatively especially when you factor in the poison uptime.

Bleed is your primary source of damage only if you go full rabid for max condition damage and realistically you’re actually gimping yourself doing that with the current mechanics/balance in the game as a necro. Which is quite the problem imho.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

If we could heal normal health while in DS it would help a lot on attrition. Right now DS is a very poor team skill, because you lose not only any of your own regen or life stealing, but any healing fields your team does.

Necro has to build up his regular life as well as his life force again every time he exits DS, its a lot of upkeep within a specific window.

(edited by Pendragon.8735)

in Necromancer

Pendragon.8735

The big problem with facetank defense is it lack skill variability.

If a Necromancer’s primary defense is just a big fat health pool, then more pseudo health in the from of Death Shroud, what separates a great Necro from a poor Necro?

Positioning can help a lot, but still, you are going to eat damage at similar rates regardless of skill when focus fired, to a far greater degree than other classes. And it really caps the ceiling at which skilled play can extend how effective you are as a player.

Other classes that get more active ‘anti-burst’ defenses, which are on cooldowns, and allow for mobility escapes, or outright damage avoidance: Invuln, blocking, lots of Endurance, will increase the skill cap, because great players can, with good timing, mitigate or avoid enormous amounts of damage more than poor players, who use their skills sub optimally. Necro is too based on the idea of just eating the damage.

Our defense needs to not just be a bigger bucket, but rather a bucket that can refill itself better.

(edited by Pendragon.8735)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

100% correct every serious necro knows we are not attrition. It becomes painfully obvious when you start to duel and small group fight good Eles, Engs, Rangers, Thiefs, Mesmers, Guard…. actually any class can build for better attrition then a necro other then war, but at least wars have solid burst spec.

Yeah I finally gave up after much gold spent on shaman stat and cleric stat gear and constant testing….. we are terrible at attrition because our heals/regen along with damage avoidance is bad, worst in the game actually. We could be ok at attrition if we gained health while in DS, not gaining health while in DS and losing regen/buff duration when in DS crushes all possible regen/attrition builds.

Avoid talking about how elite at necro you are folks…. the OP clearly understands the class and is not asking for play advice, he is simply stating necro is terrible at attrition something Anet seems to think the class is good at.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

(edited by Xom.9264)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Loyo.8526

Loyo.8526

Nail on the head. Attrition just isn’t something a necro can do when compared to an Elementalist or even ranger.

Khloe Deschanel – Human Necromancer/ Ami Ginju – Human Ranger [DOLO] -SBI
I stream sometimes: http://www.twitch.tv/kidtofu/
“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum”

in Necromancer

Mammoth.1975

Again, the only classes we lose to in attrition battles are those that spam cleanse constantly. The problem isn’t necro, it’s rampant cleanses from 2 classes in particular, both of which are pretty sharp at cleansing their team too.

Constantly is the keyword too. If there was any kind of real recharge time on ranger and ele cleansing traits, the problem would be solved.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

Again, the only classes we lose to in attrition battles are those that spam cleanse constantly. The problem isn’t necro, it’s rampant cleanses from 2 classes in particular, both of which are pretty sharp at cleansing their team too.

Constantly is the keyword too. If there was any kind of real recharge time on ranger and ele cleansing traits, the problem would be solved.

A good condi Eng or a good thief built for attrition do it better then a necro. Stealth tanky Mes will show you some attrition also. I agree however it the crazy fast cooldowns on cleanse for some classes.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

in Necromancer

Mammoth.1975

Engi provides a good matchup, but thieves are mostly ignorable, aside from caltrops thieves, which you should still beat. Haven’t played against any good tanky mesmers because it’s usually not the role a team wants from their mesmer. I keep hearing about these unbeatable phantasms though, I’d like to see it in action.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Iceflame.5024

Iceflame.5024

Slow cast times vs bazilion evades is an issue as well. Evading abilities are the biggest offender here.

in Necromancer

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

If ependemic is the main reason for our slow bleed stacking, then I gladly would do without it and stack condies on myself to use Putric mark and “give” them away^^

But yes, I can stack with my hybrid dmg phantasm mesmer 10-15 bleeds in some seconds and sustain them, combined with close to zerker burst dmg. They tick with less dmg of course than a pure condition rabid necro…

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kiriakulos.1690

Kiriakulos.1690

Engi provides a good matchup, but thieves are mostly ignorable, aside from caltrops thieves, which you should still beat. Haven’t played against any good tanky mesmers because it’s usually not the role a team wants from their mesmer. I keep hearing about these unbeatable phantasms though, I’d like to see it in action.

If you don’t think a P/D thief is one of the best attrition specs in the game, you don’t actually know what attrition is.

Attrition – A pretty name for taking longer than anyone else to kill something.

in Necromancer

Mammoth.1975

If you don’t think a P/D thief is one of the best attrition specs in the game, you don’t actually know what attrition is.

As I said, mostly ignorable. All they can do is stack half a dozen short duration bleeds every 10s and restealth, because if they try anything else they get chain cced to death. On the other hand, I’ve never fought a good thief running P/D, since, again, it’s not usually the role a team wants from their thief. I fought Jumpers caltrops build a few times and lost more than I won (in fact I think I only won one and got my face repeatedly smashed otherwise :P), but that’s about it as far as good attrition thieves goes.

I have seen one or two stealth spamming wvw heroes jump into tourneys, guys with all these videos posted up showing them kitten faces 1vX in wvw, but they got horribly squished. I recall being terribly disappointed by one in particular, I had pretty high expectations and to say he didn’t meet them would be something of an understatement.

(edited by Mammoth.1975)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Can someone explain to me how conditions are relevant at all at the moment?
I mean, almost any class has removal that clears basicly every condition let alone allows a condition to be applied longer then a second or two.

Note: I am using 6 types of gear ingame, can basicly create any type of stat or necro build and they all diminish in comparison to other professions.

Here have traits that allow you to groundcast wells but wont give you the benifit of the applied boons.

Here have some blast finishers on minions.. ehrm.. ok?
Here have a blast finisher on a mark.. that an enemy has to activate.. lol..
Oh one more thing… no lifesteal on life drain? … i mean.. ehrm.. well… ehrm.. what?

On the other hand i really appreciate the lifesteal 50% dmg and effectiveness when downed :S

stuff is getting rediculous so i better stop typing ^^
But since i have seen 8 dev’s melee a reinforced gate down to 99% while we were inside at the lords waiting for the buff to clear porting people up beside the gate nothing really surprises me..

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

(edited by Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046)

in Necromancer

Pendragon.8735

Can someone explain to me how conditions are relevant at all at the moment?

I mean, almost any class has removal that clears basicly every condition let alone allows a condition to be applied longer then a second or two.

And the more people that get together the worse it gets. Necro is heralded as being good in zergs, but in zergs conditions don’t last for squat.

Here’s just a typical WvW vid someone put in a matchup thread the other day, but the thing I paid attention to is how rapidly conditions fall off the guardian here, just about every single one is cleansed within 3 seconds during the Keep Lord fight (around 10 minute mark). You don’t see one bleed last 5 seconds even. Anet should wake up and realize the sad state of effectiveness of conditions in this game and how quickly they become a non-factor in group play.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Enferian.2705

Enferian.2705

The blast finisher activates twice on putrid mark. First when u lay the mark donw and a second time when the mark is activated.
Just though i should clarify this.

in Necromancer

Mammoth.1975

Unless it’s been changed it only activates when the blast is triggered, despite getting the ‘area swiftness’ or whatever message when you lay it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

does not matter much, Necros are still #1 target in WvW since they die fast, and once downed they are insta dead.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Enferian.2705

Enferian.2705

Its been quite some time but i definitely remember getting chaos armor from spectral wall and putrid mark inside the spawn area in WvW whithout ever triggering the mark. I ll have to check again when i m able to log in the game. Wiki also states that it triggers twice. Perhaps its a bug and only some combos trigger?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bweaty.9187

Bweaty.9187

Most tanky I’ve found, is full Pow/Vit/Tuf gear, full minions & heals traits.
Extra tuf per minion, minions heal per hit with 50% siphon.

All good till your minions die to splash, or a aoe. Or you walk over non-flat ground and they brake. Or you get CC’ed. Or someone outruns you, gets out of combat, then comes back to finish you off while your still in combat.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Berullos.6928

Berullos.6928

Best attrition classes are ranger and certain thief builds. Necros dont have sustain without severely gimping themselves, nor do we have enough life force regen. And even if we have the life force regen, we gotta wait for a long time to get into our shroud. And even when in shroud we can get cc’d tons so we dont do pressure. Not to mention all of DS is power, and best attrition we have as necro is condi.

Therefore the best attrition classes are those with access to lots of evades and enough condi clears and then enough healing to keep them up while still doing enough damage.

Necros lack of evades make the attrition quite bad as they cant keep up the pressure while staying alive, thus they dont ‘wear’ down the opponent. Necro cc’d loses all pressure and all attrition making it thus moot to think of slowly wearing people down.

Sustain builds with necro boil down to minion builds to maintain pressure, while having healing to keep themselves up. And this becomes counterintuitive to what devs should want people to do as a necro. Not to mention minions can get easily killed in aoe spams take for example a nades engi can EASILY blow them all up in the matter of a few seconds.

My suggestions would be DS should be 8s CD base, and with the 50% trait reduces it down to 4s. DS2 should be instant cast even though the projectile takes a while to travel i’ll be fine with that. Blink would obviously be better but devs said no already to that. So at least make it instant cast with a projectile travel time.

DS1 cast time needs to be reduced and should have a bleed attached to it or something at least, or similar to what they have underwater where they transfer one condi per shot.

Needs to be healing to go through shroud for sure. Maybe at 50% reduced healing or something.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Wayfarer.2051

Wayfarer.2051

The basic principle of attrition is that the Necro is SUPPOSED to get stronger over the course of a fight, while the enemy gets weaker.
This was every true for, let’s say, Warlocks or Paladins in WoW. Warlocks could Siphon life from the enemy and turn that into Mana, supplying them with and inefficient, but endless stream of ressources. The fear and DoTs helped too.
Paladins could draw up on a nigh infinite pool of Mana and the most efficient healing spells in the game. Combined with great defensive measures and in some cases even damage reflections that made thives stab themselves to death.
In both these cases the given class had the means necessary to outlast any enemy simply by having the largest pool of ressources while at the same time having great means of defending them.

But the Necro:
Nothing.
The only thing the Necro has better than anyone else is Condition Removal/Transfer.
Eles and Rangers can stack bleeding up way more quickly (I know, Epidemic, I don’t care, I hate how this skill is held against any suggestion of balance).
Guardians can heal/Regenerate more quickly.
Mesmers can Conditionbomb the enemy better.
Engies have the more usefull minions.
Warriors and Thieves have longer fears.
We can’t do anything better.

I still remember the devs promising changes after we send them a freaking CAKE!
I really can’t stand this anymore.

I still think LF should either be removed or given an additional role. Maybe to power up or to recharge spells.
Maybe just replace DS with 4 F-Button spells that all consume LF.
F1 is a weapon-deendants attack
F2 is a teleport with blind-splosion
F3 is a standard blank minion that can be transformed with minion spells
and F4 is a shield.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

The blast finisher activates twice on putrid mark. First when u lay the mark donw and a second time when the mark is activated.

Can i blast someones field with it?

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Targuil.3741

Targuil.3741

Can i blast someones field with it?

Visually putrid mark activates on a field without enemy, but its only visual. There is no effects whatsoever. You can try well of blood+putrid mark on yourself and you see “area retaliation” pop up and nothing happens. If it triggers on enemy on a field, it shows 2 activations visually, but in reality only the trigger one gives effects.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
I think I should remove this quote given the recent developement.

in Necromancer

Lolicia.6502

You get a 10 second weakness from blasting your staff 3 poison field, indicating it is activating twice.

Gate of Madness

in Necromancer

flow.6043

True, it activates twice. Well of Blood + Putrid Mark gives 6 seconds retaliation, not just 3.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Cake. Mmmmm cake. Think it will work, again? Got some delicious minion and axe buffs out of the first one. I can Paypal for a worthy bribery effort. I do buy gems with cash, after all. Forget about making a life-sized Flesh Golem cake, though. The new, longer-lived Jagged Horror would probably outlive it.

in Necromancer

Mammoth.1975

True, it activates twice. Well of Blood + Putrid Mark gives 6 seconds retaliation, not just 3.

So it’s triggering twice, but only when the mark is triggered? I just tested this one in the mists and got zero retal when the mark didn’t trigger.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Attrition means that you whittle down your opponents’ health over time until they die. Death shroud was supposed to help with that. However, the longer a fight goes the worse off we actually are because life force is lost very quickly and doesn’t regenerate fast enough.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Iceflame.5024

Iceflame.5024

Attrition means that you whittle down your opponents’ health over time until they die. Death shroud was supposed to help with that. However, the longer a fight goes the worse off we actually are because life force is lost very quickly and doesn’t regenerate fast enough.

It’s not really regenerating at all, you generate it by using abilities.