Axe 1 - Atk 1% faster per vuln; gain Alacrity

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zefrost.3425

Zefrost.3425

Axe was the only weapon that wasn’t buffed other than axe #3. My proposal is to make axe #1 – Rending Claws – attack 1% faster per vulnerability stack on the opponent and to grant 1s of alacrity on the second strike.

That gives you the ability to recharge all of your skills at varying rates with axe 1 dependant on vulnerability on the opponent.

This kind of keeps with the theme of necromancers “ripping the life” out of the opponent. This will also give the axe its role; that being more of a teamplay bruiser build.

I don’t care if alacrity is supposed to be for mesmers only.

I also don’t feel cleave is really necessary anymore what with the reaper and greatsword coming.

(edited by Zefrost.3425)

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Wizland.8435

The Wizland.8435

That would… Actually make it slightly more useful. Only slightly, with max vuln (unlikely outside of world bosses or coordinated groups) you’d lower the cast time from 1 second to 3/4 second. Not great considering the skill in question. I think 2% per stack would be better. #2 skill needs some buffs too.

Jesusmancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Soja.5918

Soja.5918

And undo that garbage animation.

The Crystal Desert beckons us. Ascension awaits us.

Keirlann Aurion – Ranger – Chieftain of the Ace Guard [AceG]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

The class description of Necromancer describes us stronger as a battle goes on. I want this to become true for us, and I really like this idea!

in Necromancer

Posted by: tboneking.2531

tboneking.2531

Yeah this idea is actually awesome. A really cool way to buff a weapon without changing all of its skills or straight buffing it’s damage!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

Axe really just needs to be completely reworked, and sadly i just don’t see this happening at all.
it needs to be melee, at least in my opinion. Only way I see it competing with anything. Take the vuln application if you want, it’s not applied quickly enough to be useful in tight situations. It’s honestly a bit frustrating to see a weapon so similar to ranger longbow to not get the same treatment.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tobias.8632

Tobias.8632

Axe really just needs to be completely reworked, and sadly i just don’t see this happening at all.
it needs to be melee, at least in my opinion. Only way I see it competing with anything. Take the vuln application if you want, it’s not applied quickly enough to be useful in tight situations. It’s honestly a bit frustrating to see a weapon so similar to ranger longbow to not get the same treatment.

How are you going to make it melee without overlapping the functionality of either the dagger or greatsword?

If that happens, what are we going to use when we need ranged power-type damage? Staff auto? That attack is even worse then axe 1.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

How are you going to make it melee without overlapping the functionality of either the dagger or greatsword?

If that happens, what are we going to use when we need ranged power-type damage? Staff auto? That attack is even worse then axe 1.

Well, if we were not getting greatsword, i would’ve said they could’ve upped the damage on attack chain and made it similar to warriors, maybe giving it a few whirling attacks.
Other way it could be reworked is giving it an attack chain similar to scepter, but in a power version and increasing the range, and making ghastly claws pierce/cleave.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

I kinda fed like axe should be more of a corruption weapon, stealing the enemy’s boons, or just straight up corrupting them like the axe 3 does. Right now it has no purposes. It’s supposed to stack vul, then burst with 2 but that just does not ever happen. Maybe make it sorta like guardian staff where it just attacks in a cone I front of you, applying vulberability? And the 2 would rip boons from a single target and give them to you? Maybe make it work with deathshroud in some way because we don’t really seem to have a weapon dedicated to giving us easier access to deathshroud….idk just some ideas.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

All it needs is damage coefficient changed from 0.7 to 0.85, range on #1 and #2 increased from 600 to 900, and #2 be a whirl finish and #3 be a blast.

in Necromancer

Posted by: getzzzonked.7609

getzzzonked.7609

+1 this. Good idea.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
[EXE] Piken Square EU