Axe Range

Axe Range

in Necromancer

Posted by: Hecuter.6274

Hecuter.6274

Can we get the axe range bumped in the Sept 17 patch please?

Axe Range

in Necromancer

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

Still won’t use it.

Axe Range

in Necromancer

Posted by: Toad.8043

Toad.8043

I’d prefer they leave the range, but make ax1 a cone attack, maybe 2/3 as wide as the guardian’s staff1. It already does less damage than guardian staff1, even with the vuln stacks.
And make Ax2 have a 180 radius ae hit around it’s target.

Axe Range

in Necromancer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I think if they ever add cleave to dagger they’ll have to increase axe range to make it a valid option. Otherwise, everyone will absolutely take dagger.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Axe Range

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

I think if they ever add cleave to dagger they’ll have to increase axe range to make it a valid option. Otherwise, everyone will absolutely take dagger.

I doubt they ever add a cleave to dagger. That’s why it’s a dagger and not a sword.

If axe had 900 range it would be an interesting option. Right now it seems like a good secondary weapon but not something I would plan to keep out. 900 range could change that. But so could a cleave.

Axe Range

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

You could make axe auto 300000 range and I still wouldn’t use it any more than I do now. Range isn’kittens problem.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Axe Range

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bweaty.9187

Bweaty.9187

900 range

Gast Claws (#2) giving life force on press not on hit (any good player in PvP avoids it, kinda frustrating with ground pathing to have it fizz cause there was pebble)

Un Feast (#3) Blast Finisher. Retaliation also on Allies.

Frontal cone/cleave.

Double it’s Vuln stacks per hit? Or extra Vuln stack on crit?

I use it in group play, with Vuln/Piecing/Might Stacking Plague blast + axe, it feels like it helps the group more than a dagger, which can be quite dangerous in a dungeon.
Still feels a bit… useless tho.

Axe Range

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

900 range

Gast Claws (#2) giving life force on press not on hit (any good player in PvP avoids it, kinda frustrating with ground pathing to have it fizz cause there was pebble)

Un Feast (#3) Blast Finisher. Retaliation also on Allies.

I know its taking it out of context, but if they took the axe 2, made it a 1 skill channel (like the ele earth projectiles) with a bit toned down damage that “locks” on like them/life siphon, moved current feast to 2 without the boon strip and gave us a 3 skill pbaoe blast finisher with 2 boons pre enemy hit stripped, id actually even go for frostfang.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

Axe Range

in Necromancer

Bweaty.9187

Yeh, if they did all my suggestions it might be a bit too much. Or well un-ballance dagger.
As it stands now, as soon as Im not with others, I do love to pull out a dagger.
If the rumors are true and they beef up Minions to last in PvE… Well 30% minion dam OR 5% axe dam… My axe will be collecting dust ;-P

I know most people only care about the numbers… But… One of the things I do love about this game, is the visual/feel they try to put with everything. (For example, they don’t do underwater stomp’ing, even tho they know they need it, but they don’t have the animation that fits, they were saying of maybe pulling the aqua-breather off others for the stomp, or something that fit’ed)

Anyway, I personally don’t get it. The axe animations look like scratchy ‘bleed’, where as the scepter our actual bleed weapon, doesn’t. It would also make total sense from the animations that #2 is a whirl finisher, #3 a blast.

Axe Range

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

I think adding cleave to axe auto is one of the most obvious things you could do to improve it at this point. It has been suggested many times, and Necro’s lack a cleave option entirely.

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

Axe Range

in Necromancer

Bweaty.9187

It’s not just the frustration of leaving DS, swapping from staff. (Your kinda forced to swap to staff for DS for max dam)
Then, more rocks up and your stuck with a full weap CD only hitting 1 target…

There’s things like, invis. As Axe & Dagger only hit ‘selected’ target, and you can’t select a invis… There go’s any hope of busting them.
Hitting a thief with Unholy Feast on axe, while invis. Feels pretty kitten good. Even tho it doesn’t bust them out. It dose change the fight from the balls in there court and they can hurt me anytime they like and there’s nothing I can do. To a, oh, well, there still dangerous even when they can’t see me.
If one of our power weaps allowed a cleave, I’d be hitting the flip 180 Deg, cleaving.

Axe Range

in Necromancer

Posted by: Garo.5304

Garo.5304

..yet another axe thread

Axe Range

in Necromancer

Bweaty.9187

..yet another axe thread

…yet another, yet another post.

Ok everyone, stop having opinions! Dev’s now have telepathic hats to see how the gamers think.
Forums only use is for thief’s to get on here & QQ so we get nurfed.

Axe Range

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

The 600 range is enough for most things. You have to be closer to the combat than most ranged options, but it is still enough distance to kite and avoid attacks.

I’d like axe #1 and #2 to cleave and hit up to two additional targets myself.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Axe Range

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

I originally hated the Axe… then I noticed I never knew how to use it. Then I made this build and found that Axe can actually woop some kitten .

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash