Axe animation is still bad.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

I just… Really? Even with axe still being a worse weapon than staff I would have used it but the animation still kills it for me. I don’t want to make my enemies feel uncomfortable to death. I’m really tired of the paddling animation and its what made me stop using it in the first place.

(edited by Lily.1935)

in Necromancer

Posted by: kuben.9826

kuben.9826

Can’t understand why it’s so awful in game where everything is about cosmetics.
And remember that animation was changed to not exploit AA with early cancelling it. Go play mesmer and exploit GS AA for 25% moar dmg! It will be nerfed into same awkward animation

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

It’s a little awkward, but I don’t really mind. I spend most of my time in combat watching everything except my character so for me, this is a nonissue. I wouldn’t be adverse to a change, though.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Matt Stacey.7415

Matt Stacey.7415

Even still I don’t fully comprehend how axe is a ranged (non-thrown) weapon. The animation will always seem a bit odd to be, but I wouldn’t consider it something that is worth changing.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Riot Inducer.8964

Riot Inducer.8964

Gotta agree the animation is as horrendous as the day it was changed, still a very uncomfortable weapon to use.

in Necromancer

Posted by: OMNIBUS.2913

OMNIBUS.2913

Can’t understand why it’s so awful in game where everything is about cosmetics.
And remember that animation was changed to not exploit AA with early cancelling it. Go play mesmer and exploit GS AA for 25% moar dmg! It will be nerfed into same awkward animation

The unfortunate thing is if Mesmer auto animation was ruined and people complained I bet anet would jump on fixing it for the next patch. Also keep in mind on certain races the animation looks much worse. Human female swings like she is swatting a fly. Though imo they all look bad now.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Truefrost.6815

Truefrost.6815

I never really cared much that they changed the animation, yeah… It looks bad. But who is actually axe auto attacking anyway? :P I’m more concerned that the weapon is a pile of garbage in the highest order and It appears Anet just won’t give it any love.

Sad to say, Axe is one of my favorite weapons (Hell, Frostfang was my first legendary) and It’s sad to see how bad It’s fallen and worse how little they are doing to make it usable.

Server: Yak’s Bend | Main: Aliah Raheim
Necro main since beta, MMO fanatic and avid beta tester.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

Necros in general really seem to have to fight tooth and nail to get the few scraps left over from other prof’s getting useful attention…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Matt Stacey.7415

Matt Stacey.7415

Necros in general really seem to have to fight tooth and nail to get the few scraps left over from other prof’s getting useful attention…

The final patch notes are good proof..

in Necromancer

OMNIBUS.2913

I never really cared much that they changed the animation, yeah… It looks bad. But who is actually axe auto attacking anyway? :P I’m more concerned that the weapon is a pile of garbage in the highest order and It appears Anet just won’t give it any love.

Sad to say, Axe is one of my favorite weapons (Hell, Frostfang was my first legendary) and It’s sad to see how bad It’s fallen and worse how little they are doing to make it usable.

This type of response has been beaten to death. Barely ever are players auto attacking with axe, that’s true. But does that justify its terrible animation change?(which was corrected on ele’s lightning whip if i recall for the same reason without butchering the look)? No. And axe auto usefulness is not the topic anyway. Srry if this post seems aggressive but I have made frostfang as well, I really loved the old animations and the fact that anet looked at axe(evidenced by the patch), and more than likely saw the huge axe animation thread. From my perspective it seems they chose to ignore the players and leave the bad animation :/, puts a bitter taste in my mouth…

in Necromancer

Truefrost.6815

This type of response has been beaten to death. Barely ever are players auto attacking with axe, that’s true. But does that justify its terrible animation change?(which was corrected on ele’s lightning whip if i recall for the same reason without butchering the look)? No. And axe auto usefulness is not the topic anyway. Srry if this post seems aggressive but I have made frostfang as well, I really loved the old animations and the fact that anet looked at axe(evidenced by the patch), and more than likely saw the huge axe animation thread. From my perspective it seems they chose to ignore the players and leave the bad animation :/, puts a bitter taste in my mouth…

As posted on another thread, Robert Gee replied saying that the animation was changed because the old one was being exploited through canceling, he pretty much flat out said It’s not going to change back to the old one. (Well, he said It’s unlikely… But saying that as a Dev pretty much means no.)

The ultimate point is the weapon needs a rework, a FULL rework If we want a different animation, and honestly I don’t think that’s a half bad idea since It appears Anet is afraid to buff it because of pvp reasons.

(edited by Truefrost.6815)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

No, Gee said the animation wouldn’t go back to the old one, because it was true that the old one could be canceled for around twice the DPS. It can still get a new animation, so long as that animation works out cancel-wise like our current one.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Truefrost.6815

No, Gee said the animation wouldn’t go back to the old one, because it was true that the old one could be canceled for around twice the DPS. It can still get a new animation, so long as that animation works out cancel-wise like our current one.

I was referring to the old animation, should have made that more clear on my part, sorry!

in Necromancer

OMNIBUS.2913

As posted on another thread, Robert Gee replied saying that the animation was changed because the old one was being exploited through canceling, he pretty much flat out said It’s not going to change back to the old one. (Well, he said It’s unlikely… But saying that as a Dev pretty much means no.)

The ultimate point is the weapon needs a rework, a FULL rework If we want a different animation, and honestly I don’t think that’s a half bad idea since It appears Anet is afraid to buff it because of pvp reasons.

I’m aware of the old exploit that nobody used XD. It’s why i mentioned the lightning whip change. You could exploit it the same way yet they managed to fix that without making it look terrible. Axe to me seems like they took the easiest route to fix an exploit. Necro only deserves bare minimum effort to a fix apparently…

in Necromancer

Truefrost.6815

I’m aware of the old exploit that nobody used XD. It’s why i mentioned the lightning whip change. You could exploit it the same way yet they managed to fix that without making it look terrible. Axe to me seems like they took the easiest route to fix an exploit. Necro only deserves bare minimum effort to a fix apparently…

Yep, that sounds about right, lol. Seem we always get the short end of the stick. If we want a change to the animation they’ll have to come up with a brand new one, which I admit does take time and with the devs dealing with elite specializations we can cut them some slack.

I should also mention that one of the devs said this was never meant to be a large balance patch, that more tweaks and changes would come in time. Still, I know how long it takes Anet to balance things, let’s hope that’s not the case in the future.

(edited by Truefrost.6815)

in Necromancer

OMNIBUS.2913

Yep, that sounds about right, lol. Seem we always get the short end of the stick. If we want a change to the animation they’ll have to come up with a brand new one, which I admit does take time and with the devs dealing with elite specializations we can cut them some slack.

I should also mention that one of the devs said this was never meant to be a large balance patch, that more tweaks and changes would come in time. Still, I know how long it takes Anet to balance things, let’s hope that’s not the case in the future.

Well i Just saw robert gees post in the 10% axe thread, and it looks like he is open to reworking the animation. I’ll try to think of some suggestions for him :]

(edited by OMNIBUS.2913)