Axe build help

Axe build help

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sherpa.7901

Sherpa.7901

I need a idea for a axe necro for spvp. Not scepter, not staff and not the daggers. Ive tried almost every combination of traits and skills and the conclusion is that im either a kitten or this game just kittening hates axe builds!
Im tired of condi/well/fear builds and while anet keeps saying that they want to make ALL paths viable i still cant solo kill a bloody thief 1v1 with 3k power and 2.3k hp no matter what i do.
There HAS to be a axe build thats viable but going deep in the DS trait tree makes the whole kitten thing useless as i nearly evaporate when im attacked by more than one class -_-

Axe build help

in Necromancer

Posted by: amiavamp.9785

amiavamp.9785

If you’re getting teamed up on, nothing can save you except your teammates, especially in a power build that doesn’t have wells. Necromancer’s main weakness is being ganged up on. While other classes using glass cannon builds can attempt to run away, necromancer is almost always screwed.

In 1v1, you should fair pretty well against most builds, although you will find bunkers very hard to kill due to low burst, and thieves will be annoying unless you time interrupts correctly. I personally have used a 30/0/10/0/30 berserker axe/focus-staff build (10 in Death Magic for Staff Mastery). It’s decently powerful, but perhaps not tournament quality. I make sure to take Corrupt Boon and Spectral Grasp to surprise enemies mid-fight, and my 3rd utility is generally Well of Power or Spectral Armor for the stun break.

Axe build help

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Axe builds were strong in closed beta.

Rofl nerf hammer.

Since then axe 2 has been buffed out of uselessness, barely, and axe training go moved to a useable spot. Problem with axe, low DPS on auto attack never got fixed and probably wolnt ever be.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Axe build help

in Necromancer

Posted by: Monoman.2068

Monoman.2068

Really? Most of the thieves I fight are probably bad but the average thief isn’t too hard to fight. Place a reaper’s mark on the edge of his black powder then let go as many life blasts as possible while he is feared until he enters refuge. Life transfer than proceed to collect your bag.

Though being serious, I feel this build only works out well if you are extremely glassy. Using staff or wells to pressure any opponents but warriors into range and killing them before they kill you.

As amiavamp said getting ganged as a necromancer is the death of you. In fact, I feel like I can respond to overwhelming situations best on my necro’s axe build since I can down some players quickly and put their partner in a position where I can down him when I’m forced out of ds.

Laviere – Hybrid Wellomancer
Makonne – Hybrid Regen Ranger

Axe build help

in Necromancer

Posted by: magicsparadise.4871

magicsparadise.4871

I suggest you this thread (Demon Angel build):
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/VIDEO-Necro-Roaming-Pardi-Vol-2-Demon-Angel/first#post3453410

You can see there the effectiveness of the build and if you look at the right panel/description on Youtube you’ve the build video.
Someone also translate the video build onto a builder.

Have fun

Pardinensis’ family wish you much love
Necromancer dedication – Youtube

Axe build help

in Necromancer

Posted by: tattoohead.3217

tattoohead.3217

I play with minions in pvp so a sis my go to weapon, I run A/F & D/W. Sometimes I miss the fear from staff, even in a power build but overall D/W is a great combo.

I’ll take CC as my heal then Well of Power and the rest are minions