Back at Rock Bottom?

Back at Rock Bottom?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

I feel like we’ve returned to the pre hot necro that died fast and accomplished relatively little. I’d really like to see improvements soon.
Why was terrormancer never fixed? A few merges of redundant traits would have made it work again.
Why were our heals never buffed? They all suck now. I’ve seriously considered switching to the Human racial heal.
Why is deathly chill still awful? There’s no reason to spec for chill anymore. 1 stack of bleed is just so bad. We don’t even have a trait like the ranger one that makes bleeds stronger.
What happened to torment? We never got more torment outside scepter 3.
Why are we so slow? The next slowest class can still close a 2400 unit gap in a few seconds. We can’t even cast our teleport faster than we can walk to the same location.
No active defense? This doesn’t even make sense flavor-wise
But boon corrupt? Boon builds are great at cleansing condis now, so we’re not even anti meta in that regard.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

Back at Rock Bottom?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zero Solstice.9754

Zero Solstice.9754

They’re pidgeon-holing us into a very specific role of anti-support, where our best job is bringing enemies down rather than bringing allies up. The problem is that type of role, at least in the current implementation of the game, means that we’re below-average/average damage dealers, squishier than we should be, and incapable of achieving prime potential without a friend. The matter of the fact though is that this makes Necromancer unfun for a large majority of people, because no one wants to go out of their way to feel slow, clunky, and incapable of defending themselves. Necromancer is only optimal with a team that understands how to play around you, and if you understand how to play around your team, and even then the class is a punching bag for literally everyone in the game.

Just look at Worlds from this past September. According to ANet, Necromancer is in a “good place” and its role is pretty well defined, however that apparently means that Necromancer, even at the highest levels of competitive play, is a downstate corruption spambot that downs dozens of times in a single game, numerous times in a single teamfight. The entire game revolves around which team is able to train down the other team’s Necromancer faster. Why does ANet consider playing a glorified game of Pin-The-Tail-on-the-Donkey(Read: Necromancer) to be a fun and positive role/gamemode to have in the game?

As an aside, even if you’re out of combat and have swiftness, Flesh Wurm will still teleport you ~300 range. Value :P

“Reaper’s only big weakness will be that you have to play Necromancer to use it”
~Bhawb.7409

Back at Rock Bottom?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

Necros have meta-level builds for literally every mode in the game; it’s not at “rock bottom”. The fact that necros are reliant on support in PvP doesn’t change that either.

Back at Rock Bottom?

in Necromancer

Posted by: zeight.5260

zeight.5260

Necros have meta-level builds for literally every mode in the game; it’s not at “rock bottom”. The fact that necros are reliant on support in PvP doesn’t change that either.

Necro has one of the weakest DPS out of all meta spec in PvE.
It is the only class 100% relying on an another class in PvP in order not to die in 5 seconds. How can it be OK that a class can barely be played if not supported in a game mode that clearly gives less and less incentive to play as a premade team.

Back at Rock Bottom?

in Necromancer

Posted by: DTATL.9641

DTATL.9641

Yes we are arguably the weakest class right now but this is not the bottom. We’ve had it a lot worse before. Doesn’t mean they don’t need to fix kitten, just that if I have to compare the spot we are in now to where we have been before this is almost nice.

Back at Rock Bottom?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jskiirawr.2473

Jskiirawr.2473

My power necro does great in pvp

Back at Rock Bottom?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Prince Vingador.8067

Prince Vingador.8067

My power necro does great in pvp

Depends agains who u are playing…. i just had a game that i 1v2 thievs with a glass build.
My point is because u get crap players ,doesnt mean necro is fine.
Dont get me wrong , necro is not as bad like most of u are saying, but yes i agree it needs some way to negate damage.

Back at Rock Bottom?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

I feel like we’ve returned to the pre hot necro that died fast and accomplished relatively little. I’d really like to see improvements soon.
Why was terrormancer never fixed? A few merges of redundant traits would have made it work again.

If you think Terrormancer is dead…. are you sure you’ve been playing Necro?

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

Back at Rock Bottom?

in Necromancer

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Necros are basically dead again in PvE with kitten-tier dps and their only helpful thing being epidemic (and in the very specific case of Matthias in raids condition-handling, same goes to some degree at sloth and xera but why would you)
I can’t say kitten about WvW, though I’d assume they’re doing fine enough in zergs while they’re probably completely unplayable when roaming except you enjoy torturing yourself.
The fact that anet thinks a class is in a good spot when it boils down to “spam all your skills before the focus fire from the enemy team downs you because you can’t do much, then get rezzed by your friendly neighborhood scrapper/ele/whatever and repeat” then that is extremely worrying. Though I’ll go ahead and admit that necro is not quite as kittenome people admit in terms of PvP.