Balance discussion on twitchcon

in Necromancer

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Let’s chill, everyone, and just wait for complete patch notes on Tuesday. And THEN we can complain.

That’d be great if Anet did balance patches more than once every 9 months. If we don’t get it changed by Tuesday then the next chance to change it is 9 months from now.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Hey can you change Grasping dead’s crippling to chill? That’d be great, thanks.

I’ll support that. Synergy requested.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Chill would be a nice upgrade, as it is now the skill isn’t much to mention except to add a few bleeds.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: tboneking.2531

tboneking.2531

I personally am going to never use flesh golem again and will just have an army if jagged horrors forever.

in Necromancer

Sagat.3285

I think the biggest problem with condition necromancer in PvP is still life force generation. The damage will be fine with the new Feast of Corruption, but its sustain is just too bad because building up life force is too hard in close matches.

LF gain on OH dagger requested and needed, 3% per condition transferred fits. I never understood why OH dagger is the only necro weapon set with no LF gain, is there any design reasoning behind this and if it doesn’t come this tuesday will it eventually(soon)?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

Chill would be a nice upgrade, as it is now the skill isn’t much to mention except to add a few bleeds.

Might even make that 50% duration from Lingering curse actually worth while. As it is now, I couldn’t care less about that trait. And this is coming from one of the forums token condimancers.

in Necromancer

Lily.1935

Also. while I’m at it. Wail of doom. Can we get the alpha version of this skill? Were it feared instead of dazed?

No thank you.

Same.

But its so boring and not even remotely flavorful.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Truefrost.6815

Truefrost.6815

Hopefully tuesday patch notes will tell us If axe got more then that, cause It’s still not worth using. Don’t care much about Scepter (Not a big condition lover). But man, THAT Projectile block, freakin’ finally. Cannot wait to have that.

I’m curious to see If more buffs were given in the actual patch. Guess we’ll find out, all in all… Fantastic, from a pve view anyway!

Server: Yak’s Bend | Main: Aliah Raheim
Necro main since beta, MMO fanatic and avid beta tester.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

While I agree it is a pretty boring skill overall, Fear is the weakest of the hard CCs. It has all the counterplay of a condition, on top of all the counterplay of a hard CC, and also displaces enemies which isn’t always wanted. I quite like the Daze (other “screams” in the game use daze) as is, the only real thing I’d ever add is a blast finisher, because finishers make things have more play outside their single use.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

I’d rather not have the flavor of displacing my foes off my well bombing let alone spreading mobs after the guardian/mesmer just pulled them together.

If anything I hate necromancers who use staff 5 right as I dropped my well of suffering and corruption in PvE >:(

I would say give Wail of Doom a blast finisher and a chill on top of its effect. Make Locust Swarm groupwide.

in Necromancer

Lily.1935

While I agree it is a pretty boring skill overall, Fear is the weakest of the hard CCs. It has all the counterplay of a condition, on top of all the counterplay of a hard CC, and also displaces enemies which isn’t always wanted. I quite like the Daze (other “screams” in the game use daze) as is, the only real thing I’d ever add is a blast finisher, because finishers make things have more play outside their single use.

Yeah, a blast finisher would be nice. However fear has synergy with other traits, as such as terror, master of terror and Shivers of Dread for reaper. With the Locus swarm’s crippling it also prevents them from going too far, if at all. It would also have its own synergy with banshee’s wail which would further augment its duration making it one the the longest fears in the game. You could send people extremely far from points or get foes off enemies. If HoT gives us what it promises with raids fear should have a solid use comparable to knock backs.

I understand your concern with it and I’m fully aware of it. I also understand that fear doesn’t have enough play on our profession at the moment and another source would be nice. Warhorn has been one of the many disappointments for me when I first started the game. Not only did wail of doom not apply confusion like they said it would it didn’t even apply fear. Thus lowering its synergy even further. If we had something that cared about dazes I might be more inclined to like the skill.

I still use warhorn, don’t get me wrong. Its one of our best weapons. I just kinda wish it had more play to it.

in Necromancer

Lily.1935

I’d rather not have the flavor of displacing my foes off my well bombing let alone spreading mobs after the guardian/mesmer just pulled them together.

If anything I hate necromancers who use staff 5 right as I dropped my well of suffering and corruption in PvE >:(

I would say give Wail of Doom a blast finisher and a chill on top of its effect. Make Locust Swarm groupwide.

Chilling wail of doom would be awesome. But no group locus swarm. You think people hate necromancer’s now, wait till no one can stealth past mobs in dungeons thanks to trolly necromancers.

in Necromancer

Zenith.7301

Chilling wail of doom would be awesome. But no group locus swarm. You think people hate necromancer’s now, wait till no one can stealth past mobs in dungeons thanks to trolly necromancers.

Why would you use Locust Swarm during a skip? And if they do to troll, you can troll already by just running ahead before the group.

The end solution is the same for all. Kick them.

Locust Swarm for the group would be great utility. Groupwide leeching procs and cripple for area denial, it would actually add appreciable DPS to the group for a single skill, and it’s a group peel tool by allowing your allies to peel foes off themselves or chase better.

Necromancers are in great need of more ally support, and Locust Swarm would be a great place to start.

in Necromancer

Lily.1935

Why would you use Locust Swarm during a skip? And if they do to troll, you can troll already by just running ahead before the group.

The end solution is the same for all. Kick them.

Locust Swarm for the group would be great utility. Groupwide leeching procs and cripple for area denial, it would actually add appreciable DPS to the group for a single skill, and it’s a group peel tool by allowing your allies to peel foes off themselves or chase better.

Necromancers are in great need of more ally support, and Locust Swarm would be a great place to start.

its a cool idea, but not as its base. A trait that does it would be nicer. But again it might just cause more problems than help. Unless it only puts you in combat and not allies. I could see issues with stealth ressing unintentionally as well so it doesn’t work too well with specific groups.

in Necromancer

Sagat.3285

I think the biggest problem with condition necromancer in PvP is still life force generation. The damage will be fine with the new Feast of Corruption, but its sustain is just too bad because building up life force is too hard in close matches.

LF gain on OH dagger requested and needed, 3% per condition transferred fits. I never understood why OH dagger is the only necro weapon set with no LF gain, is there any design reasoning behind this and if it doesn’t come this tuesday will it eventually(soon)?

I think attaching it to each transfer would be too conditional. As it stands, condition necromancer life force generation is so bad that I think I would rather use warhorn even as conditions just to get some life force generation.

That is still leaving OH dagger at the bottom adding it to transfer is better than #5 which doesn’t reliably hit and on hit seems too bland but that could be better depending on %. What do you mean by conditional? Even power and tank builds pump out conditions.

The Dhuumfire thread

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Yeah, Condi Necro definitely needs some LF improvements.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

the dulfy notes say 900 radius. I’m assuming this is a typo, but clarification would be marvelous.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

the dulfy notes say 900 radius. I’m assuming this is a typo, but clarification would be marvelous.

That is what the devs actually stated on stream. I’m sure they misspoke.

If they didn’t…that’s some serious AoE.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

On what?

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

On what?

The skill balance changes on Dulfy are phrased like this

Axe skills (Rending Claws/Ghastly Claws) going up to 900 radius.

I don’t mind 900 radius Axe 2 tbh. Not at all. I quite like the idea of being able to hit everything on the map.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

On what?

I don’t mind 900 radius Axe 2 tbh. Not at all. I quite like the idea of being able to hit everything on the map.

ha. yup. axe did need to be aoe.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in Necromancer

Zenith.7301

The numbers for axe in particular need to go way up, as in same or higher than longbow ranger.

Why? Axe does not cleave, unlike fireball or traited longbow projectiles.

Single target weapons should always output more damage than cleaving weapons.

I’m not getting my hopes up just looking at the measly mesmer mainhand sword buff (the mesmer mainhand sword is behind other sword classes by more than 33%, and all mesmer mainhand sword got was a lowly 10%, making mesmer sustained DPS still trash tier).

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brokensunday.4098

Brokensunday.4098

On what?

ha. yup. axe did need to be aoe.

Lol would be funny to spam auto attack and hit mesmers and thiefs change to gs and send them to the grave ????????

in Necromancer

Posted by: Outlaw.4078

Outlaw.4078

Ok, so Moa will still destroy our pets. That’s fine with me. Just PLEASE make it so that it “kills” them instead of simply poofing them out of existence. The fact that their on death traits don’t activate when they disappear after you’ve been transformed is what really makes being Moa’d such an aggravating experience for Necros.

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

The numbers for axe in particular need to go way up

You know how Greatsword and Dagger are better than Reaper Shroud by 10% (Dagger) or (20%) Greatsword?

Take the best Death Shroud DPS rotation, then add 10%. That’s where Axe + Focus needs to be. That’s the minimum number.

(And even that minimum may be too low, because Death Shroud lags behind most characters for damage).

Anet is fond of moving DPS from one skill to another and calling it a change, even though total DPS is unaffected. That’s what they just did to scepter (changes to #1 are a wash, torment on #3 offset by damage loss on #2). That’s not going to cut it.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Necromancer

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

Lich and Plague form was more of a clear cut issue of “hey, let’s not punish minion masters for pressing their elite”.

this is reasonable.

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Lich and Plague form was more of a clear cut issue of “hey, let’s not punish minion masters for pressing their elite”.

this is reasonable.

Surely this same notion should be applied to corruption skills.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dead.5829

Dead.5829

this is reasonable.

But minion masters don’t take many corruption skills, right?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mega Skeleton.8259

Mega Skeleton.8259

I’m excited guys. Hope to see some more improvements to Axe or Death Shroud, as well, but I’m very happy so far.

My guild is already pretty on board with necros in our FOTM 50s and I can’t wait for my GM’s reaction when I join Triple Trouble reflect teams on my necro.

[EG] is recruiting!

in Necromancer

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

In Spvp a MM is already, 90% of the time taking Consume Conditions. This drops us to four minion utilities. Golem, Minions, Bone and either worm or shadow. Sacrificing any more minions makes taking the entire Death line pointless. MM is generally all or nothing. You need those minions to even have any hope of being effective. YOu’re not gonna take plague over golem and you MIGHT take lich for the 5 horrors but that’s it. This change does little for most MM’s. We need to adjust Moa’s instant kill. Hell I’m fine with it desummoning minions till the moa duration is over. Fine need a bit more, kill them, then auto-refresh the utility cooldown this still has me speanding upwards of twelve seconds resummoning my minions. No other class in the game has to deal with their support pets vanishing and being put on full cooldown without even their death effects activating. Hell a turret engi can still pick up his kitten ed turrets while moa’ed.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

in Necromancer

Lily.1935

I really hope they fix curses. One useful minor, 3 competing masters, 1 useless grandmaster and another underwhelming grandmaster that seems out of place, an extremely weak minor that would be extremely powerful on any other profession but necromancer. cough barbed precision cough

in Necromancer

Posted by: meow one twenty.4376

meow one twenty.4376

I really hope they fix curses. One useful minor, 3 competing masters, 1 useless grandmaster and another underwhelming grandmaster that seems out of place, an extremely weak minor that would be extremely powerful on any other profession but necromancer. cough barbed precision cough

And how many alternative methods of increasing Crit chance/Vuln do we need?? Target the Weak, Death Perception, Decimate Defenses and Chilling Darkness, Bitter Chill, Rending Shroud (, and I’m counting Axe auto because it is worthless besides the Vuln). Eventually these thing start being redundant and taking away from what could be potentially good options because they have capacity limits. We have no way of really benefiting from the max Precision because of the cap limit and no Power/Ferocity/Condi armor to turn our traits into fully offensive benefits.

Also, Lily I have disagreed with you on things, but I realize I haven’t shown how much I agree with you on other things. Keep up the good comments.

Alright meow, where were we?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sabre.8627

Sabre.8627

From the stream:
“So we skipped over some stuff but there’s a lot of changes here for Scepter specifically”

I’m so excited for tomorrow, i’m gonna sit in PvP all night and play a Condi build for the first time in months.

I also loved hearing the guys on stream talk about how Robert was really excited for these changes and how he’s had them done for a long time. It feels so good to have a dev that cares about us now

in Necromancer

Lily.1935

And how many alternative methods of increasing Crit chance/Vuln do we need?? Target the Weak, Death Perception, Decimate Defenses and Chilling Darkness, Bitter Chill, Rending Shroud (, and I’m counting Axe auto because it is worthless besides the Vuln). Eventually these thing start being redundant and taking away from what could be potentially good options because they have capacity limits. We have no way of really benefiting from the max Precision because of the cap limit and no Power/Ferocity/Condi armor to turn our traits into fully offensive benefits.

Also, Lily I have disagreed with you on things, but I realize I haven’t shown how much I agree with you on other things. Keep up the good comments.

I’m being sassy. But yeah, I’d be scared if you agreed with me on everything. I have a few rather unpopular opinions. Though when talking about skill balance I’m usually in line with most people or not too far off.

And actually I made a comment about giving grasping dead chill instead of crippling. I thought I was reaching and that’d be too much. but apparently people agree with me. I think 3-4 seconds of chill wouldn’t be too bad on that skill. Would make it rather frightening with condi reaper. Which I’m so running because I love condi.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

From the stream:
“So we skipped over some stuff but there’s a lot of changes here for Scepter specifically”

I’m so excited for tomorrow, i’m gonna sit in PvP all night and play a Condi build for the first time in months.

Ha, I went ahead and did that tonight in preparation.

Turns out, at least at my MMR, no one plays Terrormancer anymore so everyone forgot how to deal with it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Inexplicable.4165

Inexplicable.4165

I hope they rework curses. It’s such a terrible traitline at the moment.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

From the stream:

Ha, I went ahead and did that tonight in preparation.

Turns out, at least at my MMR, no one plays Terrormancer anymore so everyone forgot how to deal with it.

That’s basically at any MMR, really. Nobody does play Terrormancer anymore.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nyth.3492

Nyth.3492

this is reasonable.

“Corruption Skills no longer destroy pets!”

The buffs just keep on coming !