Balanced dungeon necro stats?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

Does it make any sense whatsoever to try to balance offensive and defensive stats to increase survivability in dungeons, or should a necro just go for max damage? If a balanced approach works, which is better: vitality or toughness?

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jason Segel.2908

Jason Segel.2908

Does it make any sense whatsoever to try to balance offensive and defensive stats to increase survivability in dungeons, or should a necro just go for max damage? If a balanced approach works, which is better: vitality or toughness?

Generally, if you are using a staff, and you cast the 2nd move, and are traited for a wider Mark on the ground when you cast it, you will get back a lot of health if you make it hit 2-3 enemies. Put some stuff in the blood magic and use the staff for sure in pve, then use sceptor + dagger, the number 5 slot u get from dagger gives a really good AOE bleed, along with the sceptors AOE bleed + cripple. It really keeps enemies moving slow and you can out run them easily. I use the sigils that give the 40% chance to cause bleeding on crit, dont add any health to yourself, just do power, precision, and condition damage. I think putting health or toughness on in pve is a waste due to decent necro healing and our second health bar of death shroud.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kargion.6352

Kargion.6352

My necro is a self built build for condition dmg and team support. I run wells that heal on pulse, shield players on cast and remove conditions. I am ruined for condition dmg. I stay out of range of getting hit and always keep on the move.

You have ways you can build all characters. All dmg no team support, All support no dmg, or something in the middle. Nothing is wrong but I like to always think when making a build “how do i help the group”. The goal is to finish not be the best in the group. A great group is always better than one great anything.