Barrier Info

Barrier Info

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

Quote from WP :

Oh I forgot to mention. Barrier has a max value that scales based on vitality.
The amount of barrier you apply scales on healing power.

I was looking for this info so I tought I share it here

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

Barrier Info

in Necromancer

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

Seems interesting. Little sad about there being a max, but I usually run high vitality at least in wvw. I hope the base maximum is a little generous.

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

Barrier Info

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

You can see when WP mouse’s over his stats that barrier is 50% of your max how.

Barrier Info

in Necromancer

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

Quite good then. Even with no vitality gear you can reach nearly 10k.

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

Barrier Info

in Necromancer

Posted by: Patrick.2987

Patrick.2987

So u need condi dmg, duration, vit and healingpower? i think that statcombo does not exist.

Barrier Info

in Necromancer

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

So u need condi dmg, duration, vit and healingpower? i think that statcombo does not exist.

If you drop the duration, your answer is Shaman’s gear. Duration can be gained elsewhere like runes, sigils and food.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

Barrier Info

in Necromancer

Patrick.2987

Talking from pvp perspective

Barrier Info

in Necromancer

Patrick.2987

deadshot and sage seem to come closest

Barrier Info

in Necromancer

Posted by: Professor Sprout.1560

Professor Sprout.1560

So a tanky necro with 25k hp will get a 20k health bar via Reaper + Soul Reaping, but only a 12.5k hp bar via Scourge? But Scourge can share that barrier health bar with your whole team? Interesting. As WP hinted at in passing on his video, that makes the combo of a front-rank vitality reaper and a back-rank healing power scourge pretty durable. Assuming of course that the Scourge’s barrier effects scale enough with healing power that you can actually maintain barrier levels close to the cap value. That might depend on whether there are runes/sigils/food out there that can spread additional barrier.

Barrier Info

in Necromancer

Ravezaar.4951

Yea will be intresting to see what Gear sets, Runes,Sigils we will get in PoF and if some will be more suited for the new Elite Spez. We know there will be new cause he showed us one new set.

Also there could be new tailored to the new Elite Spez like we got with Runes of the Reaper aso…

Servant of Dhuum

Barrier Info

in Necromancer

Sigmoid.7082

Comparing WP and Peachys vids you can see that each barrier skill seems to scale slightly differently with healing power. Much like heal skills.

Also the heal seems to have abase value of 3130 and a scaling of about 1.1 based on the differences of their two videos.

Barrier Info

in Necromancer

Posted by: Maxzero.4032

Maxzero.4032

So a tanky necro with 25k hp will get a 20k health bar via Reaper + Soul Reaping, but only a 12.5k hp bar via Scourge? But Scourge can share that barrier health bar with your whole team? Interesting. As WP hinted at in passing on his video, that makes the combo of a front-rank vitality reaper and a back-rank healing power scourge pretty durable. Assuming of course that the Scourge’s barrier effects scale enough with healing power that you can actually maintain barrier levels close to the cap value. That might depend on whether there are runes/sigils/food out there that can spread additional barrier.

Keep in mind that the max at one time. You don’t have to use all your Barrier at once.

There is some really interesting combos. For example the grandmaster trait that lets you summon 1 Shade every 10 counts as 3 shades for trait purposes. So that major trait that gives 2000 Barrier when summoning a Shade will give you 6000 Barrier at base.

6000 Barrier every 10 seconds is pretty decent.

The heal is like 4.5k healing and 4k barrier on a 20 sec CD (can be traited to 16). Throw in F3 for about 2.5k Barrier on a 8 sec CD (Soul Reaping trait to 6.8) and F5 fkr 4.5k Barrier at 20 sec CD (traited to 17).

Sure it may not be as tanking as old Necro but I think it is better offensively.

Barrier Info

in Necromancer

Sigmoid.7082

Keep in mind that the max at one time. You don’t have to use all your Barrier at once.

There is some really interesting combos. For example the grandmaster trait that lets you summon 1 Shade every 10 counts as 3 shades for trait purposes. So that major trait that gives 2000 Barrier when summoning a Shade will give you 6000 Barrier at base.

The heal is like 4.5k healing and 4k barrier on a 20 sec CD (can be traited to 16). Throw in F3 for about 2.6 Barrier on a 8 sec CD (Soul Reaping trait to 6.8) and F5 fkr 4.5k Barrier at 20 sec CD (traited to 17).

Sure it may not be as tanking as old Necro but I think it is better offensively.

Bare in mind every barrier number you have quoted is with a healing power of 1.2k. The numbers wont be anywhere near as high without healing power. For instance the heal skill sand flare has a base of about 2.7k with a scaling on healing power of 1.2. Shade 2 has a base of about 1700 with a scaling on 0.77 on healing power.

Can figure it out using This video from WP and This video from peachy and some maths

Barrier Info

in Necromancer

Maxzero.4032

The heal is like 4.5k healing and 4k barrier on a 20 sec CD (can be traited to 16). Throw in F3 for about 2.6 Barrier on a 8 sec CD (Soul Reaping trait to 6.8) and F5 fkr 4.5k Barrier at 20 sec CD (traited to 17).

Bare in mind every barrier number you have quoted is with a healing power of 1.2k. The numbers wont be anywhere near as high without healing power. For instance the heal skill sand flare has a base of about 2.7k with a scaling on healing power of 1.2. Shade 2 has a base of about 1700 with a scaling on 0.77 on healing power.

Can figure it out using This video from WP and This video from peachy and some maths

Still not too bad. Like I said it perhaps isn’t as tanky as old Necro but there has to be a trade off somewhere.

Barrier Info

in Necromancer

Sigmoid.7082

More info from watching WP when he is attacking as a weaver ( traited so dual skills grant barrier ) and as a scourge. Barrier looks like it will start to decay after 2 seconds of not being used and no matter how much you have it will decay over 6 seconds. Gaining more barrier resets the timer.

Barrier Info

in Necromancer

Posted by: felincyriac.5981

felincyriac.5981

If you drop the duration, your answer is Shaman’s gear. Duration can be gained elsewhere like runes, sigils and food.

idk about that, food/utility that gave condi duration is about to get hammered to the ground…

Barrier Info

in Necromancer

Maxzero.4032

idk about that, food/utility that gave condi duration is about to get hammered to the ground…

Yep.

Viper City for all condi builds now.

The max condi duration seems to be about 94%:

Full Vipers
4 Nightmare/2 Trappers (runes not changing…for now)
Sigil of Malice

~6-7% duration Scourge Adept trait
6.66% duration from new food
~3% duration from new crystal

Basically food/crystal when from 30% duration to 10%.

Barrier Info

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nightshade.2570

Nightshade.2570

This isnt what I wanted to give up deathshroud for. I wanted blocks, mobility, blasts, damage, functionality, usefulness OTHER than boon corruption. Barriers fall really short of that, its the same old thing. Why can’t they just break the mold and do something different for us. They gave Ranger a healing class why is it they only see one model for us and won’t let us go. I will give it my best, in the beta but my optimism is fading. I see its application I guess in PvE or maybe WvW (if other classes as ussually don’t do the same stuff better) I can’t see how this will be useful in PvP much at all.

Barrier Info

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Is it based on vitality or max health?

Why can’t they just break the mold and do something different for us.

Dude it’s a literally new mechanic and we’re the kings of it. I don’t know how much more mold-breaking you can get.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Barrier Info

in Necromancer

felincyriac.5981

I mean I don’t really see what the fuss is all about with the barrier stuff, seems kinds meh, but necro has always been meh.

Barrier Info

in Necromancer

Ravezaar.4951

Iam not so sure we will loose alot of defence with barriers from shroud. Also I like to point out that on the Necro forums today there is alot of talk about the barrier mechanic and our loss of shroud and our defence, but dont forget there is a ton of dps displayed in both the tooltips and the traits.

Also I want to add that the barrier mechanic (un tested ofc) is intresting to me due to the fact that now for the first time we can use our F-skills and our utility skills without going in-n-out of shroud.

And yea maybe u right its not gonna be vaible for PvP, we have to wait and see. On the other hand I see Thieves saying same thing about Deadeye not gonna replace the movement and decap-role of the Daredevil so we not the only class with those issues.

I for one cant wait for the 18th to test Barrier mechanic and traits, hopefully we will see the revamped other traitlines then aswell.

Servant of Dhuum

Barrier Info

in Necromancer

felincyriac.5981

Iam not so sure we will loose alot of defence with barriers from shroud. Also I like to point out that on the Necro forums today there is alot of talk about the barrier mechanic and our loss of shroud and our defence, but dont forget there is a ton of dps displayed in both the tooltips and the traits.

Also I want to add that the barrier mechanic (un tested ofc) is intresting to me due to the fact that now for the first time we can use our F-skills and our utility skills without going in-n-out of shroud.

And yea maybe u right its not gonna be vaible for PvP, we have to wait and see. On the other hand I see Thieves saying same thing about Deadeye not gonna replace the movement and decap-role of the Daredevil so we not the only class with those issues.

I for one cant wait for the 18th to test Barrier mechanic and traits, hopefully we will see the revamped other traitlines then aswell.

11th to 13th, I believe.

Barrier Info

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nightshade.2570

Nightshade.2570

Is it based on vitality or max health?

Why can’t they just break the mold and do something different for us.

Dude it’s a literally new mechanic and we’re the kings of it. I don’t know how much more mold-breaking you can get.

Okay I will grant you a its a new mechanic-it doesn’t break the mold simply cause they invented a new name for it and made it boost allies health.

Blocks would of been nice, I don’t have deathshroud now that would of been super cool lol. They will eat my health in wvw super fast, or worse, it will wear off when my health is already low.

Barrier Info

in Necromancer

Ravezaar.4951

11-13th August is just PvE the Demo Instance that we can play thro, 18-20th is when we can try the Elite Spez

Servant of Dhuum

Barrier Info

in Necromancer

felincyriac.5981

11-13th August is just PvE the Demo Instance that we can play thro, 18-20th is when we can try the Elite Spez

oh I didn’t know that, link? And kitten I’m going on holiday on the 18th, coming back for a new term which starts on 22nd, my luck is killing me…

Barrier Info

in Necromancer

Ravezaar.4951

sry dont have a direct link, but Iv heard it on several streams today and on youtube. Also read it somewhere, seems to be correct that Elite Spez is avaible first at the 18th. sry m8

Servant of Dhuum

Barrier Info

in Necromancer

Posted by: Professor Sprout.1560

Professor Sprout.1560

Just crunched some numbers for the new Bountiful Maintenance Oil, posting here as relevant to our interests in case Barrier scales with +X% healing power effects.

Using the stats on http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/ for Ascended gear and ignoring runes, sigils and infusions, the utility will provide the following bonuses to the two “main” healing power armour sets:

Magi (1381 healing power)
1381*0.006 = 8.286%

Minstrel (1173 healing power, 42.2% boon duration)
1173*0.006+42.2*15*0.008 =12.102%

With monk runes (175*0.006+10 = 11.05%) and a delicious rice ball (100*0.006+10 = +10.6%) you’re looking at a potential healing bonus of up to +33.752%.

If I use the numbers calculated for Sigmoid for Sand Flare and Shade 2 then we have:
Sand Flare 1.33752(2700+1.2*1448)=5935 barrier
Shade 2 1.33752(1700+0.77*1448)=3806 barrier
for our minstrel+monk+rice raid support scourge.

If we can put out barriers of this size every 2 seconds (which as mentioned elsewhere might be how we can prevent barrier going into decay) then I could see a max support scourge hitting max barrier on the party pretty often, maybe to the point that it might be overkill. Bearing in mind these numbers are all estimates of course.

Barrier Info

in Necromancer

Posted by: Crazy.6029

Crazy.6029

So does barrier work against CC? If not, I dont see whats to be to hyped about. The moment you get CCd its gg. This is just speculation of course, I’m just not to sure about this trade off, at least with rs3 you got stab stacks… guess we will see soon Speaking purely from wvw/pvp perpective.

Barrier Info

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brokensunday.4098

Brokensunday.4098

So does barrier work against CC? If not, I dont see whats to be to hyped about. The moment you get CCd its gg. This is just speculation of course, I’m just not to sure about this trade off, at least with rs3 you got stab stacks… guess we will see soon Speaking purely from wvw/pvp perpective.

No it does not as far as what i saw they drop 1skill with stability