Berserker or Viper

Berserker or Viper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Arienne Di Savorie.7468

Arienne Di Savorie.7468

I’m currently crafting Ascended armour and I have come to a conclusion which makes me sad I’m going to buy new Expansion but I have 3 Berserker’s elements of ascended – shall I complete Berserker’s or start from a scratch and build Viper ? Help!

Berserker or Viper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Wait until the expansion. Apparently there is going to be another balance patch which is rumoured to be the death of condi reaper and rebirth of power reaper! But its mostly speculation at the moment, so again, wait.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Berserker or Viper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Substatic.6958

Substatic.6958

Wait until the expansion. Apparently there is going to be another balance patch which is rumoured to be the death of condi reaper and rebirth of power reaper! But its mostly speculation at the moment, so again, wait.

They been saying this for years every big patch lol.

Berserker or Viper

in Necromancer

Posted by: DirtyDan.4759

DirtyDan.4759

They been saying this for years every big patch lol.

10% damage buff on Axe incoming.

Berserker or Viper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zefiris.8297

Zefiris.8297

Ascended gear can be stat swapped in the mystic forge. So just wait. Get more pieces if you can. Once the expansion hits, you can decide what you will need for the spec you want

See here: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Anthology_of_Heroes

Berserker or Viper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

Ascended gear can be stat swapped in the mystic forge. So just wait. Get more pieces if you can. Once the expansion hits, you can decide what you will need for the spec you want

See here: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Anthology_of_Heroes

^this. It is relatively cheap to boot, the most expensive part is the Exotic Insignia you’ll need.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Berserker or Viper

in Necromancer

Posted by: mygamingid.5816

mygamingid.5816

I’m giving my Marauder’s gear to my Reaper as soon as I complete my Ele’s condi set. Power Reaper just seems like a lot of fun outside of the soul-numbing raid context. If it gets buffed, awesome! If not, I knew what I was getting into.

Berserker or Viper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kam.4092

Kam.4092

I’m currently crafting Ascended armour and I have come to a conclusion which makes me sad I’m going to buy new Expansion but I have 3 Berserker’s elements of ascended – shall I complete Berserker’s or start from a scratch and build Viper ? Help!

Me being someone that has a Berserker set and Viper set for PvE, and two WvW sets, I can say depending on your playstyle, one may be better to get first.

Power/Berserker Reaper destroys all open world content so far, don’t know yet about Path of Fire. In general PvE like Dungeons and low tier Fractals it’s ok, but Viper Necro destroys Power Reaper in higher tier Fractals and Raids.

I personally made Berserker gear first, then Viper. I love both Power and Viper Reaper playstyles.

I would just finish Berserker gear personally. It’s recommended having a set for both though.

Ascended gearing is pretty fast now. Living Story 3 Trinkets speed things up really fast. You can get a full Berserker and Viper Trinket set in like a few weeks for free, just farming map currency.

If all you need to do is craft armor though, then it’s just do whatever at the moment. Ever since you can stat switch now, it’s less stressful. ;D