"Best" Well to use.

"Best" Well to use.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

So i have one slot free on my utilities and was wondering what the best one would be to use. I run a DeathShroud build with Spectral Armor and Spectral Grasp currently and finally able to replace the 25% signet after getting the Traveler runeset

"Best" Well to use.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

There is no one best well for all uses, it depends on what your build is and what you need/want.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

"Best" Well to use.

in Necromancer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Running a DeathShroud/Power build currently running with the boon into condition Well. Thinking maybe the Vul one for added Vul (lol) might be better.

"Best" Well to use.

in Necromancer

Posted by: borrok.9267

borrok.9267

Why not use spec walk for the added swiftness, teleporting back and increased LF sustainment? If not you could probably make good use of well of darkness if you run daggers and expect to fight people that stay close. Or WoP if you expect to run into a situation where stability is needed. Depends on how you play.

Teef master race

"Best" Well to use.

in Necromancer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

I run Axe/Warhorn and Dagger/Focus. I have 25% movement speed which is just fine and i have Warhorn for some decent swiftness.

"Best" Well to use.

in Necromancer

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

I’m assuming your using consume conditions, what armor and trinkets are you using? And what is your trait setup like?

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

"Best" Well to use.

in Necromancer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

I’m assuming your using consume conditions, what armor and trinkets are you using? And what is your trait setup like?

Consume Conditions, Spectral Armor, Spectral Armor and Flesh Golem/Lich Form

Armor: Mix of Power/Precision/Toughness and Power/Vitality/Toughness
Accessories: Power/Toughness/Vitality with Vitality/Power/Toughness Gems
Weapons: Power/Vitality/Crit Damage

Runeset: 6/6 Travelers

Sigils:
Superior Accuacy and Perception (Axe/Warhorn)
Superior Accuacy and empty (Dagger/Focus)

Not sure what to have in the perception slot once its 25 stacks and what to have in the focus

Traits:
Spite(20) : VI, X
Death Magic(20): VI, IX
Soul Reaping(30) : II, VI, XII

Stats ( with 250 Precision from sigil +30 to all stats from WvW Bloodlust)
Power: 1,903
Attack: 2,877

Precision: 1,330
Crit Chance: 29%

Toughness: 1,718
Armor: 2,638

Vitality: 1,624
Health: 25,961

Condition Damage: 60
Condition Duration: 30%

Boon Duration: 35%

"Best" Well to use.

in Necromancer

Posted by: borrok.9267

borrok.9267

I run Axe/Warhorn and Dagger/Focus. I have 25% movement speed which is just fine and i have Warhorn for some decent swiftness.

Oddball combo. The swiftness isn’t as key or vital as the life force pick up or teleport back. That is SO useful once you get the hang of using it.

Teef master race

"Best" Well to use.

in Necromancer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Oddball combo. The swiftness isn’t as key or vital as the life force pick up or teleport back. That is SO useful once you get the hang of using it.

Yeah some people say that lol
It works quite well with the siphon and regen as well as the chill on Dagger/Focus thats an offset and i use Axe/Warhorn as my primary weapon.

"Best" Well to use.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Honestly, I’d say Well of Darkness. You have a stunbreak and strong condition clear already (though admittedly, more condition cleansing couldn’t hurt), you have good boon removal already, so Corruption isn’t necessary. I doubt you’re hurting for damage or vulnerability. Darkness provides excellent defense and team support. It also gives you some breathing room during death shroud cooldown.

I’d suggest an on-swap or on-crit sigil for each of those offhands (once Perception is fully stacked, of course).

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

(edited by Drarnor Kunoram.5180)

"Best" Well to use.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Plexxing.2978

Plexxing.2978

Consume Conditions, Spectral Armor, Spectral Armor and Flesh Golem/Lich Form
-snip-

You have 2 spectral armor skills slotted? I don’t think so.

"Best" Well to use.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cupnoodle.5431

Cupnoodle.5431

(From a pvp/wvw standpoint) I always have to have well of corruption on me, its a staple in any of my builds really. Well of darkness is good and all if you want to stall but really once the well hits them once they will be out of it and you will only make them miss one attack but if you time a well of corruption just right against like a guardian or something, that one hit turns a bunch of boons into condis, it also does some dmg( not great but you can’t complain). I usually choose well of power over spectral armor when it comes to stun breaks because its a great oh kitten moment when you are getting condi bombed and there is a 1 sec stability. I wouldn’t really consider suffering because you aren’t a really big damage (glass cannon) build so it’d be kind of a waste.

Necromancer – Cup Noodre
Ectoplasm Ltd. [GLOB] Maguuma
“Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier.”

"Best" Well to use.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

I run Well of Corruption, Well of Suffering and Spectral Armour

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

"Best" Well to use.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Overkillengine.6084

Overkillengine.6084

If you aren’t running a dedicated wells build…

….and need defensive help Darkness or Power are good depending on what you are facing.

If you are running with a team and they are supporting you well (heh) enough that you don’t need defense of are built for sheer offense; then the Well of Suffering is good for extra AE power damage and vuln. Or Well of Corruption for boon bunker breaking.

"Best" Well to use.

in Necromancer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

If you aren’t running a dedicated wells build…

No i am not, this is more of a melee skill that i would like to have, of course i could go with the likes of Blood is Power or maybe Signet of Spite, but i dont think they would really be that useful, outside of 2 very long cool downs(Life Transfer and Tainted Shackles) i dont really have access to any AoE skills

I guess it would be better learn how to swap them out on a quicker basis:
Well of Darkness when i see a thief
Well of Power when i see a Condi class
Well of Corruption when i see a Bunker class

and in all other situations i think Well of Suffering, solid damage, Vul stacks, longer duration and shorter cool down.

I think this shows that we NEED some combo finishers, we have what – Blast on a Staff skill and blast on killing Bone Minions. It simply isnt enough when you consider what everyone else gets access to

well no of course not, kinda sad just having a comment for that seeing as it was clearly just a typing mistake.

I’d suggest an on-swap or on-crit sigil for each of those offhands (once Perception is fully stacked, of course).

I was thinking of Sigil of Ice, the problem is the low crit chance, the long cool down and the fact its just 2 seconds. Sigil of Blood is useless as it doesnt work while we are in Deathshroud which really sucks. same goes for Sigil of Water.

Sigil of Blood wouldnt be to bad, but the fact i run no condition damage on my gear would that make such a sigil pointless? It would be like an extra 170damage during 1 stack of blood 5second duration, not exactly alot.

Other options could be the Generosity, Nullification and Purity Sigils. I wish Sigil of Luck worked on a Crit basis rather on enemy death that could be VERY useful for Necromancers.

On swap wise, Battle, Doom and Hydromancy would likely be the better options.

"Best" Well to use.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lorelei.3918

Lorelei.3918

WoC and WoS are straightforward damage wells.

WoP is a stun break and the only source of vigor a necro has. Its defensive qualities are right up there with spectral armor.

WoD is meh on its own, but when paired with Chilling Darkness trait it becomes the snare which locks enemies into the damage wells.

No well is the best. WoS is best dmg well. WoP is best defensive well imo. WoD and WoC are special purpose wells that work very well together (no pun intended).

"Best" Well to use.

in Necromancer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

No well is the best.

So what would you go for then?

"Best" Well to use.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

WoS and WoC are your standard wellomancer wells.

"Best" Well to use.

in Necromancer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

WoS and WoC are your standard wellomancer wells.

And for those of us that dont run wellomancer builds?

"Best" Well to use.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Plexxing.2978

Plexxing.2978

well no of course not, kinda sad just having a comment for that seeing as it was clearly just a typing mistake.

Sorry, it was my way of asking what the other spectral skill was.

"Best" Well to use.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

And for those of us that dont run wellomancer builds?

Generally speaking: whatever you need. There is one that is basically just flat damage, the rest have a very specific utility purpose, pick the one that best fills in any holes in your build.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

"Best" Well to use.

in Necromancer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Sorry, it was my way of asking what the other spectral skill was.

It was:

Signet of The Locust, Spectral Grasp and Spectral Walk.

I have finally gotten the Traveler rune set, so i no longer need Signet of the Locust. Just not sure what to replace it with. Been playing around with Wells a bit and thinking they could be decent to help against bunkers, Thieves and such – of course not all the same well but what to run in between all of that

"Best" Well to use.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

From your runeset choice, I assume you’re roaming. Personally, I take just S. Walk with reduced cd, without any passive movement increase. Good uptime on swiftness which is greater than 25% anyway, you save money and runeslots.
If you insist on having that passive movement increase, I suggest to not buy whole, expensive, traveler set. Just runes of speed. Vitality is always good for necro, especially DS one and you can balance crit damage loss with other gear pieces.
Now for the wells… If you think about Wells when roaming in DS build, forget about every single one, maybe except of WoP. Every Thief/Warrior/Mesmer will ignore your well and immobilize. You’re better going with Flesh Wurm as combat trick, LF regen, escape tool and stunbreak.
If you ask about best well for PvE, I think choice for your role is quite obvious: Suffering. Low CD, AoE damage, with Deathly Perception crits everytime. WoP may be cool for some situations tho, like Tequatl fight, constantly switching poison into regeneration.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

"Best" Well to use.

in Necromancer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

From your runeset choice, I assume you’re roaming. Personally, I take just S. Walk with reduced cd, without any passive movement increase. Good uptime on swiftness which is greater than 25% anyway, you save money and runeslots.
If you insist on having that passive movement increase, I suggest to not buy whole, expensive, traveler set. Just runes of speed. Vitality is always good for necro, especially DS one and you can balance crit damage loss with other gear pieces.
Now for the wells… If you think about Wells when roaming in DS build, forget about every single one, maybe except of WoP. Every Thief/Warrior/Mesmer will ignore your well and immobilize. You’re better going with Flesh Wurm as combat trick, LF regen, escape tool and stunbreak.
If you ask about best well for PvE, I think choice for your role is quite obvious: Suffering. Low CD, AoE damage, with Deathly Perception crits everytime. WoP may be cool for some situations tho, like Tequatl fight, constantly switching poison into regeneration.

Cant take Spectral cool downs trait without messing my build up. I would prefer Travelers which offers some solid benefits as well over having to move traits about just for shorter Swiftness.

I run:

Spite(20): VI, X
Death Magic(20) : VI, IX
Soul Reaping(30) : II, VI, XII

"Best" Well to use.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

Signet of Spite is very useful for a Deathshroud build, because it boosts your damage passively, and gives you a nice cooldown to use while not in deathshroud to apply pressure or weaken your foe.

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

"Best" Well to use.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Signet of Spite is very useful for a Deathshroud build, because it boosts your damage passively, and gives you a nice cooldown to use while not in deathshroud to apply pressure or weaken your foe.

For PvE, idd. For roaming, it’s a dead slot. Trust me, proper DS Life Blast Necro has enough pressure to threaten anybody who’s not total tank, fully buffed guardian with zero damage. And for those you have some boonstripping.
But to make pressure with your Life Blast, you have to have couple tricks. If you know that the target will stick on you for some time and apply constant damage, activate Spectral Armor and hop into DS, you’ll have both nice sustain and counterpressure. If you’re chased, you want to trick the foe, get rid of nasty melee, use Spectral Walk. If you want to take advantage by positioning, lure the foe closer or use hard stunbreaker, use Flesh Wurm. That’s why I carry all utilities mentioned above in my roam build.
The thing about DS power is that you have to have some tricks and defense. You can’t get much passive defense by gear and traits because it’d reduce your main idea of the build – very heavy hitting caster. So you have to take active defenses. You lack vigor, blocks, evades, but you may trick your opponent and have nice LF generatiom at the same time, giving you sustain and possible dmage. You may not take your advantage. I do

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

"Best" Well to use.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Scarran.9845

Scarran.9845

If you had to select a well and if its mainly for WvW then I would select WoP. Not only does it add an extra stun break that is helpful against hammer warriors but its a nice well to have in order to convert the conditions that are flying around into boons.

Alot of builds in WvW are designed around negating the many conditions that fly around and with your build not having staff or dagger offhand, your condition management is restricted. Therefore I would be leaning towards WoP so that you have a bit more condition protection.

Axere – lvl 80 Necro
Nemmeister – lvl 80 Engineer
Jay Knot – lvl 80 Warrior | Rusty Colt – lvl 80 Thief