Best condi rune for WvW roaming?

in Necromancer

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

What is the best condi rune for WvW solo or small group roaming now?
I used to use Nightmare runes but it got nerfed…not sure what to use now =/

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bierzgal.2341

Bierzgal.2341

Depends on the build and gear. If you went for full Condi Trailblazer/Dire then Perplexity. If you went more hybrid with, for example, Carrion then Scavenging.

in Necromancer

Posted by: mordran.4750

mordran.4750

i run rune of the undead with trailblazer gear, nice condi dmg for toughness bonus. since they changed perplexity rune to on using a heal skill and the nice synergy with wh is gone i lost interest in that rune.

in Necromancer

Posted by: akaCryptic.2389

akaCryptic.2389

Wondering this as well as I cant decide between the candidates
Nightmare
Travelers
Perplexity
Undead

I run trailblazer/rabid with curses.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Waffle.3748

Waffle.3748

Perplexity isn’t that great anymore. I’d either go with 4x nightmare/2x trapper for some good duration or just undead if you want straight stats. Krait is still pretty nice, too.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zero Solstice.9754

Zero Solstice.9754

This is one of my comments from a Condition Roaming video I put up a month ago (found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6AiSAu9JDo):

To be completely honest with you, I never looked at Perplexity as a real contender for the rune slot on Necromancer. When playing Base Condi Necro, it used to give a very decent amount of extra burst damage to the Shroud rotation, but for Condi Reaper it doesn’t contribute enough to what we are already capable of doing.

With the Nightmare 6 “nerf”, it becomes an okay option for us to take as a sort of “Condition-based Leadership Rune”, although I’m not that sure that the little bit of extra utility is worth the permanent bonus of Trapper 2.

Krait are secretly better than people really think, because Bleed is actually the last condition to be cleansed or transferred, given a multitude of other conditions on the target, which means that front-loading the condition can potentially pay dividends. I personally don’t like to put all of my eggs in one basket, and there’s a lot to be said for improving the durations of our other more debilitating conditions, such as Cripple and Weakness.

Thorns are Pretty sweet, but for the same reason as Krait, they can feel a little too All-In at times, however the synergy with Corrosive Poison Cloud is very nice, and the potential for a blowout is greatly reduced, since even if your opponent cleanses the Poison, you still get to keep your accrued stacks from Thorns 6.

In general, I greatly appreciate Nightmare 4 Trapper 2 as it is purely constant, and never gets “outscaled”; Whether you are alone or in a group, you can always rely on its effects and performance.

Undead are pretty much always a powerful and super cheap option, since they are good for most of the same reasons as Nightmare 4 Trapper 2. You can also always make the argument that front-loading Condition Damage is worth more than increasing Duration. However, the Toughness itself is mostly a wasted part of the rune set except for the Undead 6 calculations, because Toughness scales on an inverse-exponential arc, meaning that the more Toughness you get, the less effect it actually has on damage mitigation. Since you’re already breaching the 3,000 armor threshold, the Toughness you get from the rune gives you maybe an additional 3-5% damage mitigation.

“Reaper’s only big weakness will be that you have to play Necromancer to use it”
~Bhawb.7409