Best race for necromancer?!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kaj.2048

Kaj.2048

Hello all,

I recently made a human necromancer and so far I really enjoy playing the class (played necromancer in Guild Wars 1 aswell). My question is which race gives the most benefit when it comes to racial skills? Or better described: Which is the best race for necromancer when it comes to offense/defense? (I see benefit as in: more offense/defense to PvE foes)

Please help me out!

in Necromancer

Posted by: KlausKNT.9302

KlausKNT.9302

Heloo,
In my opinion best race is Norn. Yu will get snow leopard- elite skill witch high mobility and stealth witch yu will need when fight goes bad ( weery useful in wvsw when to mutch enemy come).
Norn elite shal be best when yu need run, becose of necro poor mobility and low escape abilitys.
Good Luck

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

WvW roaming Norn is strong because of that elite, anything else the “best” would be asura because of their field thingy.

Edit: Actually, I haven’t played asura in forever and just now realized Pain inverter sucks now.

So I’d say Norn for WvW everything else is pretty much even, although Hounds of Balthazar human elite is amazing for burst damage with some condition damage.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

(edited by Bhawb.7408)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

In general, it doesn’t really matter. Racial skills are very rarely worth taking in any context. That said, there are a few points where an argument could be made for one race or another.

For WvW roaming, I very much doubt anything can beat Norn. Become the Snow Leopard gives us stealth and mobility all in one convenient elite-skill package, which means you’ll be able to disengage when the going gets tough.

Some people also like Asura for their necro. Radiation Field is a lot like Corrosive Poison Cloud, but better in some respects and worse in others (namely, 50% longer recharge), Technobabble can be used to proc Runes of Perplexity, and Pain Inverter is easy access to more Confusion. Asura also have smaller character models, which potentially makes them harder to target.

Those are the only two I’d pick out as having skills a Necro might really be interested in.

EDIT: Holy crapoley Batman, I never noticed that Hounds of Balthazar apply 750-damage burns with their autoattacks. That’s crazy; it’s like they have 1700 Condition damage. I may have to give that another try at some point…

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

(edited by Blaine Tog.8304)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

If I had it to do again for WvW I would of made a sylvari for grasping vines.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

in Necromancer

Posted by: Criselli.7462

Criselli.7462

The hounds are a fairly decent compliment to any condi necro, but I rarely find them more useful than plagueform. They are a awesome addition for minion masters though.

Aiyli 80 Necro, Aista & Criselli 80 Mesmers
Aîsta & Çriselli 80 engies, Zeira Blackstar 80 Grd Meloryn 80 Ran, Vexri Crisellista 80 War
Server: Kaineng

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Only place Charr is really superior is because they have the racial dodge skill on a pretty reasonable cooldown. Nothing else on them really matters to a necro.

That said, I still run a charr necro and occasionally slot racial skills.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Super Kruegs.8967

Super Kruegs.8967

Anything PvP or WvW i believe Asura is the best. Make yourself the smallest you can be and it makes it pretty kitten hard for people to click on you to target. Race skills are useless for necros. Plus adorable!!

FA [WS]. Small group fights since 2012