Best solution to minions

Best solution to minions

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

I think that it will be fair to give all our summons ( for necro = minions ) invulnerability/distortion whenever we evade. If we can evade any AOE , why wouldn’t our minions ?! . Illusions/spirits/spirit weapons/minions/pets/Fellow thieves and the elite summons should also get it. Don’t say it will be OP as it’s our right to have this as a baseline.

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

(edited by The Demonic Spirit.3157)

Best solution to minions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

It is actually something I thought of. Very useful in PvE, not sure about PvP since a big part of the job is not necessarily dodge AOEs but just avoid being inside them. I don’t think it will be OP especially since they would probably adjust their HP somewhat to rebalance it.
On one hand, I don’t think Anet likes pet class/builds because they are brainless, but on the other hand, if you start to be in charge of their survival more than is currently possible, that makes it less brainless.

Best solution to minions

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

It is actually something I thought of. Very useful in PvE, not sure about PvP since a big part of the job is not necessarily dodge AOEs but just avoid being inside them. I don’t think it will be OP especially since they would probably adjust their HP somewhat to rebalance it.
On one hand, I don’t think Anet likes pet class/builds because they are brainless, but on the other hand, if you start to be in charge of their survival more than is currently possible, that makes it less brainless.

Exactly what I was thinking , many players say that any build which is focused on summons is brainless. Well I think that it require more tactics than any other build especially when the summons have sequence utilities. Focusing on both you and your summons is obviously not brainless !

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

Best solution to minions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Liza.2758

Liza.2758

If you play a glass one i may give you some credit but when u just play a tanky one and let ur minion doing all the dmg … that’s dam brainless

Best solution to minions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vydahr.4285

Vydahr.4285

Step one: Take both a glass MM build and a tank one into a 2 v 1 (or greater) fight
Step two: See which one lives to fight another day after all their minions are destroyed
Step three: Concede that no MM build is brainless, because you have to be aware of all your minions all the time and when they die you have to be clever enough to avoid death while your uglies are on cooldown

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper

Best solution to minions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

If you play a glass one i may give you some credit but when u just play a tanky one and let ur minion doing all the dmg … that’s dam brainless

You’ve never played MM then. If you “just play a tanky one and let ur minion doing all the dmg” then only a complete moron will get hit by the minions.

Anywho, this change honestly wouldn’t change anything. It isn’t single big hits that kill minions, it is their inability to move out of effects like the warrior fire field. And there are plenty of times that I want to evade something that my minions don’t have to evade, and I’d like them to stay on the target attacking. Also, my minions dying is pretty low on the list of issues right now, with all the AoE healing we got it isn’t super common, the much bigger issue is keeping them on target, outside of that their issues are clunkiness with actives.

As it is now, the only real solution is fixing their AI. It is a bit of a pipe dream, but unless we get an AI fix or at least a way to bandaid their AI the build will have issues. Dodging might be nice to get them into PvE but they’d still be bad in PvE.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Best solution to minions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nyth.3492

Nyth.3492

AI fix is the best solution to minions.
On top of that they should have a good look at cast times (both for summons as for minions actives), so that the spec feels a bit snappier. 1.5 seconds for summon and 2-3 seconds for ability activation is ridiculous in a dynamic fast paced game like GW2.

It would probably put MM back on track, without the need for any bandaid fixes to the minions and whatnot.

Best solution to minions

in Necromancer

Posted by: striker.3704

striker.3704

As it is now, the only real solution is fixing their AI. It is a bit of a pipe dream, but unless we get an AI fix or at least a way to bandaid their AI the build will have issues. Dodging might be nice to get them into PvE but they’d still be bad in PvE.

This is the absolute truth really. Minions are honestly in a very good spot trait wise, balance wise, and mechanics wise. The only real issue is their functionality through AI.

Anyone who calls a minion build brainless has obviously not been playing the same game, and has no place in this discussion.

D/S/R necromancer F/A/T elementalist
S/I/F engineer Z/R/D guard

Best solution to minions

in Necromancer

Posted by: PlatinumMember.5274

PlatinumMember.5274

They are already fixing their Mob AI, I am sure fixing minion AI will be part of the package.

Best solution to minions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

They are already fixing their Mob AI, I am sure fixing minion AI will be part of the package.

I wouldn’t make assumptions like that. We’ve had improved AI in the game for a while now, the new mobs introduced with LS have better AI, and the kind of AI improvements they are making aren’t the kind we need. We need the current AI to actually work all the time, that’s really it, while minions that avoid AoE and things like that would be nice, it is all secondary to minions just actually attacking all the time.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Best solution to minions

in Necromancer

Posted by: PlatinumMember.5274

PlatinumMember.5274

I wouldn’t make assumptions like that. We’ve had improved AI in the game for a while now, the new mobs introduced with LS have better AI, and the kind of AI improvements they are making aren’t the kind we need. We need the current AI to actually work all the time, that’s really it, while minions that avoid AoE and things like that would be nice, it is all secondary to minions just actually attacking all the time.

Actually, i was talking about the new AI system they are working on. That hasn’t been implemented yet, because it was still being worked on during living story 2 and because the main developer of the AI even said so. Also the AI hasn’t been improved this past season, in a meaningful way. The mobs simply have more mechanics.

I am not implying it will fix it, but I am saying that HOT is probably the only chance it will be fixed with this new system.

Best solution to minions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nyth.3492

Nyth.3492

I am not implying it will fix it, but I am saying that HOT is probably the only chance it will be fixed with this new system.

All the more reason it would be nice to get some feedback, that this a goal for HoT. If they dont do it with the expansion, we’re unlikely to ever see an update on this regard.

And I agree that the primary thing we really need is for them to just be less buggy with regards to attacking. Fancy stuff like avoiding AoE, should at best be a secondary goal (and maybe not even that as they need a weakness).

Best solution to minions

in Necromancer

Posted by: BlyssOblyvion.2345

BlyssOblyvion.2345

bugger a bandaid fix. all i really think minions need is to have their attack actually work. two times out of five, no melee minions (which is almost all of them) will attack on my attack, instead just hanging around. that is a bigger issue than any other aspect of the minion