[Beta Bug]- Death's Charge

in Necromancer

Posted by: ToSatellite.8295

ToSatellite.8295

Looks like the movement on this skill is bugged. When you do an un-targeted leap, it seems that Death’s Charge will turn you around and leap you backwards instead of the direction you are facing. Sometimes this happens even while targeted onto an enemy in front of you.
Has anyone else encountered this bug as well? What conditions does this bug persist? In my experience with reaper tonight, it seemed like it functioned fine in PvP, but in WvW it happened 90% of the time.

Necromancer
Class Officer of [oT] – retired || [IX] – Necro
Sea of Sorrows

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I’ve had Death’s Charge leap me side-to side, back wards, front wards THEN backwards, and just in place. I’ve seen it all. x.x

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Necromancer

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

Yup, I’ve gone backwards, or sometimes forward but my char would face backwards after landing. It’s just really buggy right now, and kinda ruins the skill.

Not to mention someone running along side of you will travel as far as your leap, so the leap really isn’t a leap. Try running beside someone in a straight line, do the leap, and you’ll land exactly next to the same person. A leap really should be a leap, as in it should go forward faster, or further.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Siva Mira.3546

Siva Mira.3546

I’ve had Death’s Charge leap me side-to side, back wards, front wards THEN backwards, and just in place. I’ve seen it all. x.x

LOL, I facepalmed all the time when this happen. I think it has something to do with target selection where it still remember the last target even though you unselected target.

All is vain.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tobias.8632

Tobias.8632

They made this skill much better in combat, but honestly I would rather have it be a purely mobility skill.

Say you’re doing a run in any dungeon and you need to get past a pack of mobs quickly. If you try to activate this skill, you’ll target one of them behind you, turn around, and helicopter into his face.

in Necromancer

Posted by: draugris.9872

draugris.9872

I encountered that too and i am under the impression that they ninja nerfed the range of the ability. Last weekend for example if i had to escape from a zerg the distance i could achieve was higher imo. Anybody noticed this also ?

Mondsucht [MS] – Kodash

in Necromancer

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

Tooltip is the same, it was 600 before, it’s 600 now. But I do feel it choppers shorter distance, but probably has to do with how buggy it is. And that weird landing pause just bugs me.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

Try jumping right before using it, that seems to be a temporary fix (at least i haven’t had it bug out on me using that, I’ll test some more right now.

Edit: Just had a case where it still bugged out. kitten .- I just wish theyd made it a cone targeted thing like Warrior or FireGS. I thinbk the problem is the skill also trying to leap to the nearest enemy even when not targeted, which is total bullcrap.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

(edited by Shiki.7148)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Meril.1032

Meril.1032

same problem, doesn’t work correctly

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ara.4569

Ara.4569

With a target, it’s perfect. Without, it’s hilarious at best: it follows neither camera nor character orientation.

I think Siva Mira is right: it keeps previous target in memory. On foefire, I was on my way from graveyard to waterfall, I used RS2 and saw my character leap towards blue keep (I was red and killed previous target).

Balance team is a bunch of clowns, hurting the game to the full extent of their abilities.

(edited by Ara.4569)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Comus.7365

Comus.7365

this is why i was against this change. i knew it was going to be like this.
savage leap or whatever the warrior version is called does the same thing.

warrior’s gs3 would have been a better option to copy. just point where you wanna go and that’s where you’ll go.

(edited by Comus.7365)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Comus.7365

Comus.7365

LOL, I facepalmed all the time when this happen. I think it has something to do with target selection where it still remember the last target even though you unselected target.

i think it’s more that it wants to connect with a target so if you have an enemy close enough around you it will try to connect with that.

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

I’m not having these issues at all with untargeted charge…. only thing I’ve noticed is I seem to be stuck for a split second after I use the charge. I will say this if you have a target then deselect target and quickly use rs 2 sometimes it will still go towards the previous target… maybe that’s what your all experiencing

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I’m not having these issues at all with untargeted charge…. only thing I’ve noticed is I seem to be stuck for a split second after I use the charge. I will say this if you have a target then deselect target and quickly use rs 2 sometimes it will still go towards the previous target… maybe that’s what your all experiencing

No, there have been times running even in PvE where I’d use it and I’d just fly in a random direction. More commonly though, using it as pure mobility with no target, some times you’ll go a distance then turn around as you land, and the of course it has the pause. The whole skill needs a shorter cast (to speed up travel and landing time).

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Necromancer

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Just in to report this same bug.

As far as Savage Leap working this way, it must be a recent problem. I played S/S war a lot in the past and never had this issue once.