[Beta feedback] After playing 8 hours testing

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sandrox.9524

Sandrox.9524

Dhuumfire does not give a burn for every pulse of Desert Shroud. Please stop spreading this misinformation.

It only gives one burn stack at the initial cast.

Dhuumfire doesn’t even trigger on F5. It triggers on each F1 you cast.

Holy kitten guys. Read up xD

Mate I just spent like the last 3 post proving it does with a screenshot. It applies dhuumfire on each pulse, the other guy was getting confused because his burn duration is too low so he is not seeing 7 stacks.

Read my edit,mate.

and if you open my screenshot, you will notice I have sand savant.

Your source of burning has to have come from another source. I just unequipped Dhuumfire and Demonic Lore and popped F5 on a golem.

No burning.

That’s because you unequipped dhuumfire, are you sure we are talking about the same thing here. I am proving that dhuumfire works on each shade hit, it apply 7 burn stacks on shroud 5 because it hits 7 times, thus proccing dhuumfire 7 times.

Yeah I think we might not be talking about the same thing. But I see now that after having only Dhuumfire equipped F5 does indeed inflict burning.

But only 1 proc for me. It just feels like a burning proc on F5 is a bug since the tooltip on Dhuumfire clearly says only “shroud skill 1”.

Right? :O

Never trust tooltips, they are seldom always right.

What happens is that shade hit is treated as F1, that is why it proc dhuumfire which does work as intended. Removing it will probably absolutely gut our dps in PvE though so hopefully it won’t happen.

Yes but I’m not talking about the F1 skill xD I know that works as intended. Here’s the thing,if you equip Dhuumfire,place no shades on the ground but only pop F5,you’ll get one burning proc. That’s even without Demonic Lore. There shouldn’t be a burning proc on F5.

I know, but that is because you are not F1. The shade is the F1 in this case, so when the F1 hits, it apply dhuumfire because the shade itself is F1.

You are still you.

Yes,I know that. What I’m saying is that a burning proc on F5 is a BUG.

and I just explained why I think is not

No you didn’t. You just wrote that a sand shade (F1) will apply burning. It’s working as intended. However,the F5 ability is NOT a F1 ability,hence the burning should not be procced when pressing F5,yet,it does.

If you go to core necro or reaper,and equip Dhuumfire,will you proc burning with Tainted Shackles or Executioner’s Scythe? No,it won’t. As it never has. Dhuumfire has always only worked on the F1 shroud abilities. Never F5.

So if you get a burning proc from Scourge’ F5,Desert Shroud because of Dhuumfire,then it is a bug.

I have not seen any patch notes addressing the fact that Dhuumfire now works on F5 abilities as well.

Whenever you use a shade ability, you and your sand shades strike nearby foes.
since F1 is also count as shade strike you can see why.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Maxzero.4032

Maxzero.4032

Whats happening is that every tick of F5 is actually counting as a Shade skill use.

If I have a Shade on a target and use F5 each tick will proc the Shades. So if you have Dhummfire and say Unyeilding Blast you will proc Cripple, Torment, Burn and Vuln on each tick.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zefiris.8297

Zefiris.8297

Sure, sure, the part on the tooltip explaining what F1 does is clearly a bug. Clearly, this functionality magically appeared out of thin air, and was not coded in to specifically work this way.

In reality, the sand shades not applying Dhuumfire on use of F5 is the default behavior on skill implementation. A designer had to go in there and specifically ensure that Dhuumfire works on all shroud skills.

Totally a bug, sure. Just like characters jumping when you hit the jump button is clearly a bug!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

Iv now dueled multiple old and new classes for 5h straight and useing Deadshot Iv as Scourge had an insane win ratio. Vs all but Spellbreaker Id say I have had 90% wins. I really enjoy the build andchallenge of the Scourge NOT relying on a Shroud to save u.

Its much more skillbased and the area control + AoE dps is really kitten strong. I went back to Demonic Lore and 3 shades (needs practice but is better period)

Combo with Elite + Desert Shroud (may change) + Sadistic Searing is lovely to use

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

in Necromancer

Posted by: insaneseagull.7063

insaneseagull.7063

Sure, sure, the part on the tooltip explaining what F1 does is clearly a bug. Clearly, this functionality magically appeared out of thin air, and was not coded in to specifically work this way.

In reality, the sand shades not applying Dhuumfire on use of F5 is the default behavior on skill implementation. A designer had to go in there and specifically ensure that Dhuumfire works on all shroud skills.

Totally a bug, sure. Just like characters jumping when you hit the jump button is clearly a bug!

I thought the F5 pulse on the sand shades wouldn’t be affected by Dhuumfire. Technically,those pulses aren’t an “F1 ability”.

Server: Far Shiverpeaks
IGN: Sparkly Darkness/Sinh Verdandi/Got D Boons
Guild: Anime And Manga Club [AMC]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Maxzero.4032

Maxzero.4032

I thought the F5 pulse on the sand shades wouldn’t be affected by Dhuumfire. Technically,those pulses aren’t an “F1 ability”.

I would agree that you wouldn’t think each individual tick would count as a skill usage. Which makes it all the most curious that it does work that why at the moment.

While it may well be a bug it would be a very strange one. Effects with duration are not something new to GW2 so why does this F5 have such a strange interaction?

It’s very possible that it was coded this way specifically because it deviates in such a specific way.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

Thank you guys for giving me this information. As it stands right now I am on vacation and couldn’t play this weekend. Keep the information coming. If someone could test unholy sanctuary for me in a build that is some data I’m still missing. I need to know how all of this works before I can make a post on this subject. Much appreciate. If you can get me a video and describe your experience even better! Thanks in advance.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Thank you guys for giving me this information. As it stands right now I am on vacation and couldn’t play this weekend. Keep the information coming. If someone could test unholy sanctuary for me in a build that is some data I’m still missing. I need to know how all of this works before I can make a post on this subject. Much appreciate. If you can get me a video and describe your experience even better! Thanks in advance.

Unholy Sanctuary heals you during Desert Shroud’s pulses and procs Desert Shroud when you would die. Also, with Scourge equipped, Unholy Sanctuary requires 25% Life Force to trigger instead of 10% normally.

Under no circumstances is it remotely a good idea to equip it.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: MethaneGas.8357

MethaneGas.8357

Can confirm: Scourge is AWESOME

Guys… I had no idea that Dhuumfire would work like this in Scourge. I REALLY hope it’s intended because my god…. the burns are in-sane. Parasitic Contagion… is…. insane….. even in sPvP.

Not only do you constantly burn people around you when you use your F-skills (because shades, including you, use the shade auto attack whenever you use any of your F-skills and this attack counts as F1, so…. you cause AoE burns whenever you use any of your shroud skills)… and your Desert Shroud pulses burns like crazy. I honestly don’t know if it’s intended but it’s… O_O. In sPvP, with Balthazar Runes, Scourge is actually very, very dangerous. I had moments where I popped Desert Shroud + the new Scourge Elite on top of a group of enemies and things just… died, on top of that, Parasitic Contagion heals were just… massive. Sadistic Searing + Demonic Lore, try it

Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior, DR[OHai]
YouTube Channel

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

Unholy Sanctuary heals you during Desert Shroud’s pulses and procs Desert Shroud when you would die. Also, with Scourge equipped, Unholy Sanctuary requires 25% Life Force to trigger instead of 10% normally.

Under no circumstances is it remotely a good idea to equip it.

Thanks for that information. That is just awful. I was hoping that it wouldn’t have a cost which would make it a semi decent trait, but with that knowledge of that heavy of a requirement, it is just another aspect where the Scourge has Anti-synergy. Which is a kitten shame.

in Necromancer

Sandrox.9524

So I’ve tested the barrier scale and found out thaat healing power and vitality doing the same thing which increase the amount of barrier you get, I think one of the devs said one would make barrier decay slower while the other increase the amount. With Magi amulet(+900 vit +1200 Healing power) I get with Cascade about 3137 barrier. With Valkyrie amulet(+900 vit only) I get with Cascade 2225 barrier which is baseline meaning vitality actually do nothing. The decay is not slowing.

Did I missed something about Vitality and Barrier?

(edited by Sandrox.9524)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

So I’ve tested the barrier scale and found out thaat healing power and vitality doing the same thing which increase the amount of barrier you get, I think one of the devs said one would make barrier decay slower while the other increase the amount. With Magi amulet(+900 vit +1200 Healing power) I get with Cascade about 3137 barrier. With Valkyrie amulet(+900 vit only) I get with Cascade 2225 barrier which is baseline meaning vitality actually do nothing. The decay is not slowing.

Barriers scale with vitality because the max amount of barriers you can have is half your hp. So more vitality means more max barrier.

in Necromancer

Sandrox.9524

Barriers scale with vitality because the max amount of barriers you can have is half your hp. So more vitality means more max barrier.

So vit affect the max barrier thanks.