Bhawb's Teamfight Reaper

Bhawb's Teamfight Reaper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Figured I’d throw this build out there, it is the build I’m currently messing around with. I think it is pretty unique, I haven’t seen anyone really talking about something like it, though if you were listening to me last BWE it is essentially the same build.

The goal is to be a teamfighting raid boss, you want to be fighting multiple targets, and weave between Shroud (huge damage, time to heal up your HP with BB) and your two weapons (strong defense/CC/utility, build up LF). To exemplify that it can generate 100% LF in just about 3s using 4 abilities, YSIM->(while channeling)->YAAW->Grasping Darkness->Death Spiral. This is on top of it having strong allied and self cleansing via Soldier runes, which allow you to remove up to 2.5 conditions every 10 seconds from allies and yourself (you also get Shrouded Removal), and really strong cleaving damage while still being tanky.

It also has absurd stats, that go up to 3.3k armor, 2.5k (pre might) power, 100% crit chance in shroud, and 30k HP with 23k LF, which is very difficult to burn through. Really fun build for getting the “I’m an immobile kitten-you-up machine” that I always wanted from Necromancer.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Bhawb's Teamfight Reaper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

Rise is ridiculous on some maps. Like 12+ minions ridiculous. The damage reduction because of them as well is huge.

Bhawb's Teamfight Reaper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dead.5829

Dead.5829

Seems ludicrously hard to kill so far. Now if only teammates will stay close enough that I can cleanse them. >:(

Bhawb's Teamfight Reaper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Link removed?

Bhawb's Teamfight Reaper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Link removed?

Link is in the first sentence.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Bhawb's Teamfight Reaper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Oh haha the first time I clicked it it turned purple and then looked like the normal text, wow I’m tired.

Bhawb's Teamfight Reaper

in Necromancer

Posted by: kakumbien.8047

kakumbien.8047

I have tried almost the same build with knight amulet . I got lots of good damage outputs and tanking situations . I think you should try with knight amulet too It shines against all professions except chronomancers . Slow thingies as you know…

Bone Horn (Charr Engineer)
Bone Fighter (Minionmaster Necro)
Kakumvale (Conditioner Necro)

Bhawb's Teamfight Reaper

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

No real need for Knight, you already have up to 100% crit chance, and you lose a ton of HP/LF for it.

My PvP Minion Build

Bhawb's Teamfight Reaper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vydahr.4285

Vydahr.4285

I’ve been running a tanky soldier build that I’ve found pretty good success with. Traveler runes make up some of the speed that Reaper inherently lacks, and also stretches out the chill duration increase that Reapers get (on top of the Sigils of Chilling) so it has very good chill up time. It doesn’t hit as hard as it might, but I don’t see that as too much of a problem. I may consider Decimate defenses as I still get plenty of might stacking from Spite, that way I’ll have 100% crit chance in shroud with pretty consistent stacks of 20-25 might (and the full vuln after a “chill to win” of RS 5 -> RS 4)

Edit: Yeah, Decimate Defenses is the way to go. Plenty of might from spite and any allies nearby handing out boons as well

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper

(edited by Vydahr.4285)

Bhawb's Teamfight Reaper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Forsaker.9213

Forsaker.9213

i was playing almoust same build today and i must say that with right team como this build have potencial

Bhawb's Teamfight Reaper

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

The build definitely shines in more coordinated group builds, where you can have allies in the fights to bring the damage and provide you with boons. Its also worth noting just as a fun side note that I pretty consistently get most conditions removed (self/allies), most boons applied to self, most boons removed, and most damage taken in the games I play.

And like Vydahr’s build does, you can swap Death Magic for Spite, which is probably more potent overall as Death Magic is a little bit on the weak side, but I just like the tankiness.

My PvP Minion Build

Bhawb's Teamfight Reaper

in Necromancer

Vydahr.4285

The build definitely shines in more coordinated group builds, where you can have allies in the fights to bring the damage and provide you with boons. Its also worth noting just as a fun side note that I pretty consistently get most conditions removed (self/allies), most boons applied to self, most boons removed, and most damage taken in the games I play.

And like Vydahr’s build does, you can swap Death Magic for Spite, which is probably more potent overall as Death Magic is a little bit on the weak side, but I just like the tankiness.

For the first time ever playing as a necro, I’ve gotten “Top Player Damage Dealt” for several matches. It’s fantastic. The AoE pressure a SR/R/S Reaper brings is insane. I haven’t tried DD in PvP yet, but I’m sure that will help quite a bit with that as well

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper

Bhawb's Teamfight Reaper

in Necromancer

Dead.5829

How are you faring against Rampage warriors? I find if I take CttB, run into a warrior, it gets really big and growly, I might as well go get a drink from the kitchen.

Bhawb's Teamfight Reaper

in Necromancer

Vydahr.4285

How are you faring against Rampage warriors? I find if I take CttB, run into a warrior, it gets really big and growly, I might as well go get a drink from the kitchen.

I haven’t met one, but my thought is to pop into reaper and crash into it for a few seconds, then run. (He’s not likely to break all your stab)

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper

Bhawb's Teamfight Reaper

in Necromancer

Dead.5829

then run

I didn’t get very far : (

Bhawb's Teamfight Reaper

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Honestly haven’t faced one yet. I’ve dumped on a lot of Lich’s, but didn’t run into any Rampage warriors. On that note, I’ve barely faced any warriors period compared to the other professions.

My PvP Minion Build

Bhawb's Teamfight Reaper

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Honestly haven’t faced one yet. I’ve dumped on a lot of Lich’s, but didn’t run into any Rampage warriors. On that note, I’ve barely faced any warriors period compared to the other professions.

I tried the build last beta weekend and would duel Rampage Warriors all right. Had to play defensively while Rampage was up, but between Nightfall and YaaW, you can pull it out and turn around for a kill.

Now, if the Rampage Warrior is +1ing a fight you’re already in, things get trickier.

I’m a Geeleiver

Bhawb's Teamfight Reaper

in Necromancer

Vydahr.4285

I tried the build last beta weekend and would duel Rampage Warriors all right. Had to play defensively while Rampage was up, but between Nightfall and YaaW, you can pull it out and turn around for a kill.

Now, if the Rampage Warrior is +1ing a fight you’re already in, you’re a dead reaper.

There ya go. Fixed it for you

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper

Bhawb's Teamfight Reaper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

prefer spite, but either way….great builds…and super effective.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Bhawb's Teamfight Reaper

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Now, if the Rampage Warrior is +1ing a fight you’re already in, you’re a dead reaper.

Depends what your cooldowns at that point are and if you have any teammate support or not. It’s possible to survive and even win, but it’s not usually in your favor.

I’m a Geeleiver

Bhawb's Teamfight Reaper

in Necromancer

Vydahr.4285

Depends what your cooldowns at that point are and if you have any teammate support or not. It’s possible to survive and even win, but it’s not usually in your favor.

Fair enough. Still, we probably fair towards the “pretty well” end of things when fighting a Rampage warrior compared to other professions. Not the best, but not nearly the worst, either (We’re pretty tough, too, after all)

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper

Bhawb's Teamfight Reaper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nox Lucis.8341

Nox Lucis.8341

I’ve actually been seeing relative success (winning about ~70% of the time) with a Reaper build that uses wells. http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQJARWnk0At0g10A+0A0biFcBbKL0EqCxXxvYYE6qFAaBA-TJRBABBu/QZlB04SAAwTAAA It is otherwise pretty similar to what most people are posting.

Stacks crazy vuln, btw.

(edited by Nox Lucis.8341)

Bhawb's Teamfight Reaper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

Looks cool. Why do you have Sigils of both Leeching and Hydromancy suggested, through? They’re both on-swap Sigils and thus can’t both activate on the same weapon set.

EDIT: Nevermind! I am a potato.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

(edited by Blaine Tog.8304)

Bhawb's Teamfight Reaper

in Necromancer

Posted by: CCLegion.5936

CCLegion.5936

Looks cool. Why do you have Sigils of both Leeching and Hydromancy suggested, through? They’re both on-swap Sigils and thus can’t both activate on the same weapon set.

That refers to multiple instances of the same sigil. Just tested it with hydromancy and battle, just to make sure. Both work.

As for the build, pretty nice overall although I prefer Death Nova over Corrupter’s Fervor.

Bhawb's Teamfight Reaper

in Necromancer

Blaine Tog.8304

That refers to multiple instances of the same sigil. Just tested it with hydromancy and battle, just to make sure. Both work.

As for the build, pretty nice overall although I prefer Death Nova over Corrupter’s Fervor.

Huh. I have this to say in response: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KThlYHfIVa8

Sigils are frickin’ weird, man.

Bhawb's Teamfight Reaper

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

That hasn’t been the case for a very long time, you’re remembering the old interaction where sigils of the same type shared ICDs, but that was changed quite a while back.

My PvP Minion Build

Bhawb's Teamfight Reaper

in Necromancer

Blaine Tog.8304

That hasn’t been the case for a very long time, you’re remembering the old interaction where sigils of the same type shared ICDs, but that was changed quite a while back.

Yep. I thought I’d caught myself up over all the changes that happened over the year I was taking a break but apparently I missed a big one.

Bhawb's Teamfight Reaper

in Necromancer

Posted by: pepsis.5384

pepsis.5384

During the weekend I tested the build in the op. Blighter’s boon seems to work best as a healing tool in RS with Spite

Bhawb's Teamfight Reaper

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

BB works much better to heal on your own with spite, but I use it more to generate max LF near instantly instead, and allow whatever boons I get from teammates/Infusing Terror to heal me. Just a different focus, the spite version of the build is totally awesome in its own way though.

My PvP Minion Build

Bhawb's Teamfight Reaper

in Necromancer

Dead.5829

I tried a few variations on this during the weekend. I found that I pretty much had to run tanky as Reaper in order to stand up to… anything. Every time I went with a Marauder’s amulet, I just died. Even Valk felt a little weak on defense in some situations.

This made me come to 2 realizations:

I couldn’t let go of Blighter’s Boon.
I couldn’t use Soul Eater.

Decimate Defenses became almost necessary just to put out enough damage that I wasn’t ignored, since I wasn’t taking precision on amulets (and don’t get enough from Traveler’s runes). I could drop this for Chilling Victory just to be more sustainable alongside Blighter’s Boon, but I could never really get much out of Soul Eater.

Blighter’s Boon felt almost required to make up for dodgy (lolgetit?) Greatsword happenings. I really, really, really wanted to make Reaper’s Onslaught work with Transfusion, but I felt I was giving up too much sustain even when taking Blood Magic, and therefore not Spite, if I didn’t have BB (which should tell something about the self sustain in BM : / ).

The choice of Runes felt like a wash. Traveler’s let me actually move somewhere without taking Signet of the Locust (which I’m also having a hard time not taking), but I missed being able to cleanse with Soldier’s.

Soldier’s felt great, especially with the new Augury making for the most fun builds, but still being without a solid ranged weapon (axe wasn’t cutting it, lolgetitagain?) left me missing Relentless Pursuit here and there. It also felt slow unless I took SotL.

Bhawb's Teamfight Reaper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

I tried a few variations on this during the weekend. I found that I pretty much had to run tanky as Reaper in order to stand up to… anything. Every time I went with a Marauder’s amulet, I just died. Even Valk felt a little weak on defense in some situations.

This made me come to 2 realizations:

I couldn’t let go of Blighter’s Boon.
I couldn’t use Soul Eater.

Decimate Defenses became almost necessary just to put out enough damage that I wasn’t ignored, since I wasn’t taking precision on amulets (and don’t get enough from Traveler’s runes). I could drop this for Chilling Victory just to be more sustainable alongside Blighter’s Boon, but I could never really get much out of Soul Eater.

Blighter’s Boon felt almost required to make up for dodgy (lolgetit?) Greatsword happenings. I really, really, really wanted to make Reaper’s Onslaught work with Transfusion, but I felt I was giving up too much sustain even when taking Blood Magic, and therefore not Spite, if I didn’t have BB (which should tell something about the self sustain in BM : / ).

The choice of Runes felt like a wash. Traveler’s let me actually move somewhere without taking Signet of the Locust (which I’m also having a hard time not taking), but I missed being able to cleanse with Soldier’s.

Soldier’s felt great, especially with the new Augury making for the most fun builds, but still being without a solid ranged weapon (axe wasn’t cutting it, lolgetitagain?) left me missing Relentless Pursuit here and there. It also felt slow unless I took SotL.

Based on my experience this weekend, Axe works with Marauder’s (4-6k axe 2), and you can be tanky and stay alive in Marauders—>Rise+YAAW+Weakening Shroud.

Bhawb's Teamfight Reaper

in Necromancer

Dead.5829

Were you finding that held true for more than 1v1s? Every time I had a second person hitting me from out of range of my YAAW, and who hadn’t been hit for the weakeing from shroud, I dropped pretty fast. Rise does help quite a bit before the minions are killed though!

Bhawb's Teamfight Reaper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

Were you finding that held true for more than 1v1s? Every time I had a second person hitting me from out of range of my YAAW, and who hadn’t been hit for the weakeing from shroud, I dropped pretty fast. Rise does help quite a bit before the minions are killed though!

Yes I am referring to teamfights, which is where I tried to be 90% of the time. As for them being outside of the range of WS and YAAW, yeah that will definitely be a doozy no matter what. I spent most of BWE2 in Cele or Soldiers and all of BWE3 in Zerker/Marauder, and I found myself most comfortable in Marauder, despite the fact that I usually run on the tankier side when playing base necro.

I’m fully aware that this might change once HoT comes out and the meta settles, however. It’s hard to judge what will work and what won’t since people aren’t used to fighting with/against the new specs. Once people learn Reaper animations it’s possible that some of these amulets won’t cut it.

(edited by Salamander.2504)