Bleeding done right

Bleeding done right

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

roll a ranger, go to mists, stack crit/crit on bleed, equip short bow, get behind/side target, spam 1.

I never realized how horrible necro condition builds were until i played ranger. Unless you are pairing with epidemic condition builds are so far below other classes it’s not even funny… and that’s considered one of the “better” necro pvp specs.

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

Bleeding done right

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lumines.3916

Lumines.3916

Same deal if you roll a Mesmer, stack the same kitten, pick up Sharper Images, spam staff auto and drop illusions. Don’t even need to flank.

In an ideal setting, the Necromancer is balanced by having the ability to transfer, convert and feed off the conditions on himself too. However it also means you must put yourself more in harms way before doing anything meaningful.

Not to mention your mediocore stacks fall and damage output takes pauses when you have to swap out of Scepter.

Bleeding done right

in Necromancer

Posted by: They are hashes.4523

They are hashes.4523

Hey, im interested in this results (as im re-rolling a mesmer). What are the quantity of bleed stacks you can have on the target? (Using only autoattack)
And what the quantity using shatter images and all the Mesmer skills that bleed.
Also interested on the hunter bleeds using all his skills.

Bleeding done right

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kravick.4906

Kravick.4906

Its even more ridiculous on my warrior. With Signet of Earth plus the bleed on crit trait, I can maintain a stack of 14 bleeds on a target with just sword auto attack only. This doesn’t even include the 8 additional stacks I can add through impale and riposte abilities from my off hand sword. If I use flurry I can easily hit 25 stacks of bleed for a few seconds.

I haven’t even gotten to the best part yet. If I pop frenzy, I can hit those 25 stacks of bleed in about 2 seconds. I should also mention that this is all on top of critting for about 1.5k-2k each swing with my sword while stacking these bleeds. I don’t have an exotic weapon yet so these crits can probably be higher.

Edit: Oh, forgot to mention. All warriors auto attacks hit up to 3 targets at once in a cone in front of them. I can maintain those stacks of bleeds on 3 targets if necessary.

Stuff goes here.

(edited by Kravick.4906)

Bleeding done right

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vibe.2861

Vibe.2861

Yeah it’s funny how Necro, broken as it is already, is bad at what they are supposed to be good at (conditions) compared to other classes (hunter, warrior, mesmer).

There’s a big reason why Necros are so rare. The only useful thing we have is Epidemic.

Bleeding done right

in Necromancer

They are hashes.4523

I was Necro for Epidemic, until i meet my warrior level 3.

At level 3 i have the same amount of bleeds on a group of targets with 4 skills than using 12+ skills on my 80 necro.

But who need bleeds having a Great sword with 100B… all attacks are AOE.

Bleeding done right

in Necromancer

Posted by: CptCosmic.3156

CptCosmic.3156

apples and bananas

can your ranger apply easy 6-8 second duration bleeds (depending on traits & runes), siphon hp on each hit, transfer conditions back to the enemy and spread them around the whole enemy team. has your ranger easy access to poisons, chills, weakness and vulnerability on reasonable cooldowns? can your ranger also do this while have almost 2k thoughness and atleast 20k hp and when almost dead put on the awesome deathshroud to gain a second health bar?

oh wait he cant

(edited by CptCosmic.3156)

Bleeding done right

in Necromancer

Posted by: Narmix.4862

Narmix.4862

::edit:: I just read CptCosmic’s post above, and realize (after writing my own) that I echo his opinion.

I’m going to, uncharacteristically, defend the necro class for a second. Devil’s advocate maybe.

I don’t think necros are supposed to be amazing at stacking conditions. I think the necro’s role is manipulating conditions. A thief might be able to stack 25 bleeds on someone in less than 5 seconds (I say this, instead of ranger, because I have actual experience doing this as a thief), but the necromancer can control all the conditions on the battlefield.

A necro can stack 15-20 on someone pretty easily, albeit not as easily as other classes. However, only the necro can take conditions from his team, put them on himself, and throw them back at the enemy. The necro can use the other classes’ ability to stack conditions and use it against them as if he were the one doing it.

You might ask “Why should I play a class that has to use OTHER classes’ ability to stack conditions when I could just play that class and actually do it myself?” The answer to that is: what you lack in the ability to do it yourself, you make up in the ability to protect your team from it, move them all from your allies to your foes, and then epidemic it to the rest of the enemy team. I.e. what you lack in the ability to do it yourself, you make up in utility.

If necromancer could create and stack the conditions himself, as well as say, a ranger or thief, then he would be imbalanced because he also contains within himself the ability/utility to keep the conditions off of himself and his teammates and throw any additional conditions on himself and allies back at the enemy. The question would then become “why would I play any other class but necro?”

My thief can stack a million bleeds on one or two people far, far faster than any other class I know. However, my thief is a one-trick pony in this regard. It’s stack bleeds and then try to dps the enemy down. Period. Very linear. My thief offers almost nothing else to my pvp team. The thief’s job is to DPS well; very well. No utlity however.

My necro might not be able to compete with a thief’s ability to quickly stack those bleeds, but I can keep my team protected from conditions and manipulate all the other conditions on the battlefield. I can copy my team’s conditions all onto myself with plague signet, transfer them to an enemy in a concentrated form, then epidemic it to the rest of the enemy team defending a point. If a thief on my team stacks 25 bleeds on someone, as a necro, I can spread that full stack to everyone for him.

I truly believe the utility the class has in the form of condition manipulation would be too strong if we were ALSO given the capability of stacking them as well as the other dps classes.

If you look at past posts I wrote, which basically said necromancers sucked and that thieves or rangers were totally better, I have since changed my mind after getting many more hours in sPvP as a necro.

No, necromancers are not amazing 1v1 classes for the reason that we can’t stack as much damage as any other single class. However, I don’t think necromancers were designed for 1v1. In a group environment, we are absolutely deadly if left alone. “Who’s not deadly if left alone” I hear you say; this is true so maybe I should say “we are more devastating than your typical profession that focuses on single targets”. We truly shine when there are a lot of conditions bouncing around our team.

And this post is only taking into consideration our ability to damage people; this ignores our other utilities such as chilling people, and weakening (the condition) people easier than any other class can.

(edited by Narmix.4862)

Bleeding done right

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Boz.2038

The Boz.2038

apples and bananas

can your ranger apply easy 6-8 second duration bleeds (depending on traits & runes), siphon hp on each hit, transfer conditions back to the enemy and spread them around the whole enemy team. has your ranger easy access to poisons, chills, weakness and vulnerability on reasonable cooldowns? can your ranger also do this while have almost 2k thoughness and atleast 20k hp and when almost dead put on the awesome deathshroud to gain a second health bar?

oh wait he cant

1. Yes.
2. Siphoning is lolworthy.
3. Nope.
4. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.
5. Yes.
6. Nope. Then again, evades.

Bleeding done right

in Necromancer

CptCosmic.3156

apples and bananas

oh wait he cant

1. Yes.
2. Siphoning is lolworthy.
3. Nope.
4. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.
5. Yes.
6. Nope. Then again, evades.

wrong, ranger cannot do this all at once. condition necro can and has access to all conditions except burning.

Bleeding done right

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nixxez.8671

Nixxez.8671

CptCosmic, ranger doesn’t have to do a thing of those since aoe condition damage on bigger group isn’t that great. You say “the whole enemy team”, I say 2 other players in average at max due to its short range.
You say 2k toughness. If you are to get that many toughness it means your condition damage will suck. You can’t have all you posted in one build.
One more thing, necro is great at spreading conditions, not maintaining them. You can make 4 people get the conditions, but they will do only a minor damage and will be removed shortly given the high volume of condition-removing abilities in game. After than, ranger can maintain his damage, necro can’t. Together they may be quite effective, but solo, don’t be ridiculous, you will never win a match with a hunter with some skills in playing his character.
Ranger, as the name states, has range. He doesn’t need a DS (also wrongly described as a “second life bar”, which it is not), but on the other hand he has a pet. Pet can hurt the necro quite bad in 15-30 seconds gap and necro just can’t counter it.

Necro is limited at long distance and daggers, mediocre at their damage, are 130 range.

As regards conditions, hunter wins anytime. Every group having four condition-oriented players should have a necromancer for its epidemic, but it is a niche, way of supporting group which is already strong. It doesn’t make necro either strong or competitive, just niche.

Bleeding done right

in Necromancer

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

Yes, it’s really sad – although in this case, I’d rather see a nerf at least on the warrior’s condition output. If you are that good with dps, it’s plain unfair if your dots are that strong, too :/

Polka will never die

Bleeding done right

in Necromancer

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

wrong, ranger cannot do this all at once. condition necro can and has access to all conditions except burning.

Shortbow + Axe/Dagger. You have access to all useful conditions. For “useful” I’m not talking about blindness and 1 sec fear.
Also chill on Ranger has half the cooldown than on the Necro.

The topic about “Necro is good at control conditions” is pointless too, since Mesmer is way better in this kind of job.

(edited by sorrow.2364)

Bleeding done right

in Necromancer

CptCosmic.3156

Shortbow + Axe/Dagger. You have access to all useful conditions. For “useful” I’m not talking about blindness and 1 sec fear.
Also chill on Ranger has half the cooldown than on the Necro.

The topic about “Necro is good at control conditions” is pointless too, since Mesmer is way better in this kind of job.

for pve it works but for pvp ranger conditions are useless. situational bleed application from shortbow does not make a condition build. the rest of the ranger conditions are on abilities with cooldowns thus the ranger has no way to reliable keep conditions on a target. ranger applies the condition, the target removes them and for the next 10 seconds you have no damage… wooooow epic condition damage. or when the condition removal is on cooldown or does no have any then you can just simple dodge 2 abilities and a large portion of the potential condition damage is lost.

You say 2k toughness. If you are to get that many toughness it means your condition damage will suck.

there is gear with toughness, precision and condition damage.

Bleeding done right

in Necromancer

The Boz.2038

Lol.
Cpt: “Necromancer does conditions better than ranger.”
People: “Nope.”
Cpt: “Doesn’t matter, conditions are useless. Also, cooldowns. Ranger is the only class that has them.”

Bleeding done right

in Necromancer

CptCosmic.3156

Lol.
Cpt: “Doesn’t matter, conditions are useless. Also, cooldowns. Ranger is the only class that has them.”

you have serious l2read issues and I never said conditions are useless. I guess you dont play pvp thus your opinion is null and void. saying ranger is better but neglecting a big part of the game shows how little you actually know about the game.

ranger has no ability in PVP to reliable apply conditions nonstop. when I remove them you do no damage with your pro condition build for atleast the next 10 seconds. have fun with your 200dps after your conditions got removed. or I dodge 2 abilites and there goes your damage down the toilet again. ranger condition build work in PVE only where someone else or the pet can hold aggro from stupid npcs where you then hit from behind with your shortbow.

on the necro on the other had, you remove the conditions, and he stacks the bleeds up again with no issue.

Bleeding done right

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lumines.3916

Lumines.3916

If necromancer could create and stack the conditions himself, as well as say, a ranger or thief, then he would be imbalanced because he also contains within himself the ability/utility to keep the conditions off of himself and his teammates and throw any additional conditions on himself and allies back at the enemy. The question would then become “why would I play any other class but necro?”

What you just described is a condition bleed/burn Mesmer. They can stack the conditions themselves easily AND keep it off himself and allies. The boon/condition control that is supposedly the Necromancer’s biggest strength? Mesmers do it better. And yep, that’s why there is no reason not to play one if you’re going for a DoT caster atm.

Bleeding done right

in Necromancer

Sprawl.3891

Lol.

you have serious l2read issues and I never said conditions are useless. I guess you dont play pvp thus your opinion is null and void. saying ranger is better but neglecting a big part of the game shows how little you actually know about the game.

ranger has no ability in PVP to reliable apply conditions nonstop. when I remove them you do no damage with your pro condition build for atleast the next 10 seconds. have fun with your 200dps after your conditions got removed. or I dodge 2 abilites and there goes your damage down the toilet again. ranger condition build work in PVE only where someone else or the pet can hold aggro from stupid npcs where you then hit from behind with your shortbow.

on the necro on the other had, you remove the conditions, and he stacks the bleeds up again with no issue.

10 seconds? It takes <5 seconds to stack 10+ bleeds with traps + pet + weapons. Are you talking 1v1? Because in a 2v2, 3v3 or 4v4 fight you aren’t going to keep a ranger from flanking you, and flanking bleeds are only icing on the cake. Pet + axe/axe + trap + bleed on crit is enough to get 7-10 stacks in a matter of seconds. Have you played a ranger? You really seem to undervalue bleed on crit, shortbow #1 attack is about 3x as fast as scepter #1, then think about that + 50% crit. And what 2 abilities are you dodging the kills a rangers damage lol? And if I am facing a necro with plague signet, which most tourney necros aren’t using, i’ll let him blow that, and laugh as it will probably bug out, then pop sharpening stone (next 5 attacks bleed) and be right back where i started. Conditionmancers and power/crit necros are some of the easiest kills for rangers especially in team fights.

(edited by Sprawl.3891)

Bleeding done right

in Necromancer

CptCosmic.3156

you stack your conditions, fine. but then I remove them. all your abilities that can apply conditions are now on cooldown. your damage went down the toilet. if you have issues to prevent rangers from flanking then it is your l2p issue you have no excuse for this in a game where you can abuse terrain to block attacks.

also you post shows that you have no clue about the necromancer. no one uses plague signet cause it does not work properly. necros use dagger offhand ability to transfer conditions.

Bleeding done right

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brogin.2395

Brogin.2395

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Null_Field

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Arcane_Thievery

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Phantasmal_Disenchanter

Bleeding done right

in Necromancer

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

you stack your conditions, fine. but then I remove them. all your abilities that can apply conditions are now on cooldown. your damage went down the toilet. if you have issues to prevent rangers from flanking then it is your l2p issue you have no excuse for this in a game where you can abuse terrain to block attacks.

also you post shows that you have no clue about the necromancer. no one uses plague signet cause it does not work properly. necros use dagger offhand ability to transfer conditions.

How can I remove the conditions? Dumping my healing skill? Using Deathly Swarm which only transfers 1 random condition per bounce?
You can still apply bleed back, by the way. You have pet, you have Sharpening Stone, you have Crossfire and Crippling Shot. What else do you want?

Bleeding done right

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dalehitchy.1957

Dalehitchy.1957

correct me if im wrong, but does anyone see this problem with the necro. I wouldnt say the condition control is huge (not bad but not great either) and neither is the damage.

Now obviously, i dont want to transfer a bleed or two because it wouldnt be worth it. wouldnt i be better off waiting for more bleeds to stack up before i transfer them? meaning, im having to sit there taking damage (and dealing a bleed or two from myself) until there is a decent amount of bleeds to transfer.

i dont want to transfer early and wait for the ability to cool down again.

Bleeding done right

in Necromancer

Posted by: Narmix.4862

Narmix.4862

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Null_Field

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Arcane_Thievery

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Phantasmal_Disenchanter

Don’t condescendingly show me abilities and pretend I haven’t seen them. This doesn’t change anything. You can’t say that because these abilities exist, it would be balanced to allow necros to stack conditions themselves as easily as other classes. Do I really need to explain why it’s not a logical argument?

Let me try to gather the words in a way that makes sense.

It’s like saying you should be allowed to give a class a 1-hit-KO because people can dodge to prevent it from happening. Just because that’s so, doesn’t mean that on average it would be balanced or that in every situation those abilities you listed are going to be available.

Bleeding done right

in Necromancer

They are hashes.4523

@Dalehitchi you have 3 skills to transfer conditions to the enemy, 2 on low CD.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Putrid_Mark
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Deathly_Swarm
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Plague_Signet
And you can use DS if they are on Cooldown

Bleeding done right

in Necromancer

Sprawl.3891

all my abilities that apply condition are on cooldown? if you pop plague signet ill have 10 bleeds on you in <5 sec from auto #1 spam/bleed on crit and sharpening stone alone. Again you REEEEALLY undervalue how fast #1 shortbow attack is.

and you aren’t transferring all conditions with dagger. you will have burning, bleeding, chill vuln and poison on you from a condition/trap ranger and trap/weapon CDs are shorter than deathly swarm CD.

And it’s impossible to avoid flank in a team fight lol, unless everyone on your team faces the same direction the entire fight LOL, would love to see that. “face the ranger! ignore the warrior and thief behind you!”

Also if we do know ill be facing a conditionmancer ill just run signet that removes condition every 10sec and all on use, but I have yet to see a need to use that in tournaments as we generally just focus down necro off the bat when they have no LF, and top teams dont use necros period.

(edited by Sprawl.3891)

Bleeding done right

in Necromancer

CptCosmic.3156

btw I can stack ~15 bleeds (+ poison, a blind, chill & weakness) in a single scepter dagger rotation that I use to stack conditions on my target with the necro. it jumps to 18 bleeds when I use a staff mark beforehand. it might be more or less depending on crit and proc luck. my spvp setups has 50% crit chance, slightly over 20k hp, 1,8k thoughness, 20% condition duration in runes (53% from traits) and 1306 condition damage. never lost a 1vs1 duel till yet with this.

Bleeding done right

in Necromancer

Posted by: Emerald.4392

Emerald.4392

btw I can stack ~15 bleeds (+ poison, a blind, chill & weakness) in a single rotation that I use to stack conditions on my target with the necro.

i think part(there are way more then one) problem is other classes do not need to go through their full rotation to stack the same amount of bleeds or more

Bleeding done right

in Necromancer

CptCosmic.3156

what? this is not my full rotation. these are just are the abilities that apply bleed on the target.

Bleeding done right

in Necromancer

The Boz.2038

And this necro rotation never goes on cooldown, right?

Bleeding done right

in Necromancer

Posted by: BCDragon.5614

BCDragon.5614

roll a ranger, go to mists, stack crit/crit on bleed, equip short bow, get behind/side target, spam 1.

I never realized how horrible necro condition builds were until i played ranger. Unless you are pairing with epidemic condition builds are so far below other classes it’s not even funny… and that’s considered one of the “better” necro pvp specs.

Not everyone wants to play ranger………

Bleeding done right

in Necromancer

CptCosmic.3156

And this necro rotation never goes on cooldown, right?

it does but the necro autoattack can apply enough conditions (after they got removed) by itself and crit proc from traits and earth rune without having to rely on a stupid opponent that opens his flank or back to you. my necro is plenty durable to just wait it out till some of my cooldowns refresh too.

if you are so confident about it then go play ranger and stop complaining. I will meet you on the battlefield

Bleeding done right

in Necromancer

The Boz.2038

Ranger does it better with JUST bleeds on crit and a shortbow.

Bleeding done right

in Necromancer

Sprawl.3891

btw I can stack ~15 bleeds (+ poison, a blind, chill & weakness) in a single scepter dagger rotation that I use to stack conditions on my target with the necro. it jumps to 18 bleeds when I use a staff mark beforehand. it might be more or less depending on crit and proc luck. my spvp setups has 50% crit chance, slightly over 20k hp, 1,8k thoughness, 20% condition duration in runes (53% from traits) and 1306 condition damage. never lost a 1vs1 duel till yet with this.

I know what necro is capable of, it was my main and 80% of my tpvp time has been played on necro. And I don’t know why you are listing you stats, every condition spec for any class has basically the same stats. I run 3 afflicted 3 krait runes. Also I have read condition duration from traits does not stack .

Do you have any videos showing you stacking 15-18 bleeds and never losing a 1v1 ever?

(edited by Sprawl.3891)

Bleeding done right

in Necromancer

CptCosmic.3156

I know what necro is capable of, it was my main and 80% of my tpvp time has been played on necro. And I don’t know why you are listing you stats, every condition spec for any class has basically the same stats. I run 3 afflicted 3 krait runes. Also I have read condition duration from traits stack.

Do you have any videos showing you stacking 15-18 bleeds and never losing a 1v1 ever?

yeah you “know” what a necro is capable of, except how to achieve 15 bleeds.
-4 blood is power (via deathly swarm transfer)
-2 enfeebling blood
-1 grasping dead
-3 dark path
-2 autoattack twice
-3 procs (statistically)
=>15

you can also throw a mark of blood into it for 3 additional.

Bleeding done right

in Necromancer

The Boz.2038

Cpt doesn’t even know that Grasping Dead is 3 bleeds.

Bleeding done right

in Necromancer

CptCosmic.3156

Cpt doesn’t even know that Grasping Dead is 3 bleeds.

I know it but this will get fixed sooner or later… it is supposed to have 1 bleed.

Bleeding done right

in Necromancer

Posted by: Konrad Curze.5130

Konrad Curze.5130

I know what necro is capable of, it was my main and 80% of my tpvp time has been played on necro. And I don’t know why you are listing you stats, every condition spec for any class has basically the same stats. I run 3 afflicted 3 krait runes. Also I have read condition duration from traits stack.

yeah you “know” what a necro is capable of, except how to achieve 15 bleeds.
-4 blood is power (via deathly swarm transfer)
-2 enfeebling blood
-1 grasping dead
-3 dark path
-2 autoattack twice
-3 procs (statistically)
=>15

you can also throw a mark of blood into it for 3 additional.

so, you will be using 7 skills and at least 8 seconds to stack 15
that, on the class that supposedly is the most condition oriented

other classes, as posted here, can hit 20-25 in half that time with a third of skill usage

a funny thing about necros is that mesmers would be better at applying conditions AND at removing conditions AND at controlling the battlefield conditions even if our skills like corrupt boon and plague signet worked as intended.

another funny thing is that since they dont, and ANet hasnt fixed them for the last 4 months, mesmers are just ENORMOUSLY better then us.

but the funniest thing is that mesmers ALSO have a SUPREMELY GOOD power build, far beyond the limits of OPness, that makes them the undeniable kings of 1v1.

seriously, ANet could effortesly DELETE the necro class and nothing of value would be lost, actually I wonder if anyone would notice it.

the state of the necromancer is hands down pathetic, ANet has made the ABSOLUTE WORST class at release in the history of MMOs

Bleeding done right

in Necromancer

CptCosmic.3156

this argument does not hold. ranger has to use several abilites (last time I check atleast 6) and a few autoattacks to achieve proper condition damage application. you will have to use short ranged trap too, if you want to get the most out of it

Bleeding done right

in Necromancer

Posted by: Konrad Curze.5130

Konrad Curze.5130

this argument does not hold. ranger has to use several abilites (last time I check atleast 6) and a few autoattacks to achieve proper condition damage application. some of them are short ranged traps.

actually I was thinking about the warrior, 4 skills top
and the best part is that he will do massive direct damage everytime he swings his weapon ON TOP of applying conditions, unlike a necro where the skills to apply conditions dont even crit for more than 300

honestly, the class is absolutly broken. I respect you for sticking to it, but lets call a spade a space, shall we?

necros arent at the bottom of the barrel
necros are BURIED 6 feet under the barrel

Bleeding done right

in Necromancer

The Boz.2038

Ranger, shortbow, 60% crit, 60% chance to stack bleeding on crit, quickness. Stacks 8 bleeding in 2 seconds of autoattack spam at a target that is actually facing the ranger. Twice the stacks if the target looks away due to, say, a fear.

Bleeding done right

in Necromancer

Posted by: BCDragon.5614

BCDragon.5614

Wow people amaze me….so what if its got a few bugs? So what if it doesn’t do a hellva lot of damage? Who cares if the minions are fugly? Isn’t the purpose of the game to have fun and not worry about crap like this? I thought it was….

Bleeding done right

in Necromancer

Sprawl.3891

dunno why i cant quote posts sometimes but CptCosmic where you show how to stack 15 bleeds, i didnt say it was impossible, i said post a video of yourself actually doing it reliably in 1v1 situations. You list a LONG chain of 7+ skills required to reach 15 stack and assume none of those will be dodged/los’d? Anyone can theorycraft how to stack 15 bleeds, show me a video of you doing it and owning people 1v1.

Konrad basically pointed out how that compares to other classes bleed stacking, i highly suggest you and all the other necros he keep posting nonsense (tony, etc.) go actually play other classes instead of just theorycrafting. Go play a condition spec ranger and mesmer and then come back so you can make accurate arguments.

How about this, you make a video using that rotation and stacking bleeds, ill make a video auto attacking with sharpening stone, then we will post and see who stacks more bleeds faster and more reliably.

Bleeding done right

in Necromancer

Posted by: Krilce.7864

Krilce.7864

http://www.twitch.tv/salokingaming

You can find the video of him making a guide, other than doing tournaments, and I’m not really sure where, but he managed to stack 25 bleeds, although that requires two targets, and it was just testing on dummies. Before you start with necro in tPvP, I’d say that you should practice rotations on dummies and, even better, bosses in The Mists, as it really helps. However, I do agree that it’s quite hard to do perfect rotation, without missing at least one skill, but yeah, practice makes perfect. What I find wrong about necros are not only bugs, but also quite aweful minor traits in certain trait trees. The thing about necro is that it is probably the hardest class to play efficently, probably even harder than eles, as we can also have 4 skill bars, when combining DS, weapon sets, and Lich or Plague form. That is the “real issue” about necros. However, I am not for fixing that , so called issue, as it really makes this profession unique and more rewarding, at least IMO.

Bleeding done right

in Necromancer

Posted by: clerk.5307

clerk.5307

http://www.gw2build.com/builds/psi-bleeder-spvp-bleed-clerk-condition-spvp-4974.html

this build provide the condition dmg the crit the toughness the bleed the condition manipulation everything a solid necro needs my team tried to replace me in this build with a ranger rangers can’t eat gaurdians and kitten on condi engis like a necro can necros have condition control

Clerk/Mirzet (PSI)
Player Skill Issue
Necros FTW

Bleeding done right

in Necromancer

Posted by: Yukishiro.8792

Yukishiro.8792

this is a really stupid thread. ranger shortbow auto attack stacks great single target bleed, and only single target bleed, when flanking. no one denies this.

a condition necromancer doesn’t stack single target bleed quite as well, but does much, much, much better with aoe conditions, not just bleed but also cripple, blind, weakness, and poison. a condition necromancer also has much better condition removal and manipulation than a ranger does.

saying rangers make condition necromancers useless is absolutely insane unless all you ever do is 1v1.

Bleeding done right

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ben.2406

Ben.2406

^^ character has over 100s bugs, skills not working, and yet this guy still doesn’t see a problem? lolwut

@BCDragon

Bleeding done right

in Necromancer

Posted by: Yukishiro.8792

Yukishiro.8792

what do bugs have to do with conditionmancers vs shortbow rangers?

Bleeding done right

in Necromancer

Posted by: Frizz.6704

Frizz.6704

So I tried the ranger condition build out. Yeah it applies bleeds fast, but your sharpening stone is on a 45 sec cooldown. Secondly, the necro can just transfer them off him. But most importantly, the Necro has two life bars and so will outlast any ranger which will go down super fast when targeted. Necro’s are harder to play and more challenging – my theory is you rerolled ranger because you couldn’t play necro not because the class was so much worse than ranger.

But when it comes down to it the Ranger playstyle is just a yawn fest.