Bleeds and Rabid Armor

Bleeds and Rabid Armor

in Necromancer

Posted by: SpencerForHire.1046

SpencerForHire.1046

I am enjoying necromancer for the most part but I have two criticisms of the class.

The first criticism is the way I enjoy playing the class most is as a condition-mancer. It is exactly what I signed up for and I have had large success with it for the most part. The issue I am facing is that I am unable to give my 100% in large scale DEs because you can only put 25 stacks of bleed on a source. Now according to my guildies my bleeds will override weaker bleeds, but even then am I not just penalizing others who use bleed effects. This is a seriously troubling issue to me.

The next, and larger concern of mine is ease of gearing. 80% of my level 80 friends are gearing into epics. Putting in the same amount of work has put me in some par gear because I cannot itemize Rabid. I have read numerous threads about Rabid armor being largely nonexistent in crafted gear and drop gear and I feel like I am being forced out of the style I would like to play because of this. Yes I am grinding karma, yes I am grinding dungeon tokens, the problem is as I do I am falling behind my friends who are far more geared and as such I feel, again, as though I cannot pull my weight.

I have seen some great work as far as quick patches to fix a variety of issues. I can only hope that Anet addresses these concerns not just for me, but for all of my fellow Necromancers.

Bleeds and Rabid Armor

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brogin.2395

Brogin.2395

I was quite disappointed with the lack of rabid gear as well. If you chose the order of whispers (or whatever it’s called) for you personal story you can purchase a full set of rabid armor and weapons at their vendor. They are only rare level however. If you’re like me and didn’t choose whispers, the karma merchants at the temples in Orr sell exotic rabid armor pieces (all except boots) for 42k karma a piece. You can also get green level (mastercrafted?) accessories at merchants in Orr, unfortunately there are no amulets or rings with rabid stats in the game. The khilbron’s set is also rabid and you can find it on the tp, but it is kinda pricey, it’s also the only way to get exotic level rabid boots. For rabid weapons I believe there are only exotic level ones and you can purchase them on the TP. The scepter is called Mystic Wand of Blood, the dagger is called Malefacterym of Blood and the staff is Bramblethorn of Chilling.

Here’s a link that shows which karma vendors have which armors in Orr:

http://dulfy.net/2012/09/08/gw2-templegod-karma-armor-sets/#2

(edited by Brogin.2395)

Bleeds and Rabid Armor

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fubar.4281

Fubar.4281

@Brogin Incorrect you cant buy Rabid chest, shoulders and boots from Karma vendors in Orr…That aside I´m still waiting for someone to post anything about where Khilbron set dropps (if any specific place in the world. Another issue with having this armour set is that you do almost no damage to objectives since they dont take the conditions ur attacks should give….

Bleeds and Rabid Armor

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sithis.3564

Sithis.3564

Makes me wonder if this isn’t a simple oversight.

(edited by Sithis.3564)

Bleeds and Rabid Armor

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mayama.1854

Mayama.1854

Its not only condition necros, condition engis and mesmers need this set too. Because all those builds apply conditions on crit. So basicaly the “big 3” condition builds in the game need to work twice as hard to get their gear.

(edited by Mayama.1854)

Bleeds and Rabid Armor

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sithis.3564

Sithis.3564

Actually I just checked an you can buy Rabid shoulders for Karma on Orr. The problem is with the rest. I think I gonna mix up Rabid/Carrion for some time.

Bleeds and Rabid Armor

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jackal.7432

Jackal.7432

1) What is “epics”? I see no gear marked epic.
2) Rabid is available, just not on crafted gear. The Sylvari cultural armors offer it, and several dungeon sets have it.

Bleeds and Rabid Armor

in Necromancer

Posted by: HulkaGem.2568

HulkaGem.2568

Get 4 piece from ruins of Orr.. Mixed it with carrion and rampager pieces.. That shld do the trick

Mjdeathless – Necromancer
Kopiousiudai – Thief
Canadian Pizza – Warrior