Bleeds are out of control

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

That would be nice but the trait is weak in spvp 1 stack of bleed is nothing if it was 1 stack of poison or torment it would be viable in spvp and still be usable in other parts of the game.

On the wvw pve split i do not think its going to happen raids have made a anet that is hellbent on making pve only content.

I mean its far more likely they would split it than redo which condition it deals. If it is true that Anet cares only about pve then why would they care if it under performing in pvp? Keep in mind they had to change it from its original form because it was too powerful in pvp.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

That would be nice but the trait is weak in spvp 1 stack of bleed is nothing if it was 1 stack of poison or torment it would be viable in spvp and still be usable in other parts of the game.

On the wvw pve split i do not think its going to happen raids have made a anet that is hellbent on making pve only content.

I mean its far more likely they would split it than redo which condition it deals. If it is true that Anet cares only about pve then why would they care if it under performing in pvp? Keep in mind they had to change it from its original form because it was too powerful in pvp.

You still got to try even if anet dose not seem to want to help spvp or rvr. Bleeds are not that good of condi dmg they need to be buffed or given a lot more ways to be applied to ppl kind of how chilldeath works but its a bit over done for wvw. At the same time its too weak for spvp so by making it a different type of condi it becomes a fix for both game types.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

You still got to try even if anet dose not seem to want to help spvp or rvr. Bleeds are not that good of condi dmg they need to be buffed or given a lot more ways to be applied to ppl kind of how chilldeath works but its a bit over done for wvw. At the same time its too weak for spvp so by making it a different type of condi it becomes a fix for both game types.

Anet has already said they want it to be bleed since its purely damage they were looking for without any other beneficial effects. Poison , confusion and torment are out and burning does to much damage.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Almost without any sarcasm i want to thank them for not making it torment

#UFO/Bigfoot/condiRev

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Almost without any sarcasm i want to thank them for not making it torment

#UFO/Bigfoot/condiRev

Hey I saw a condi rev the other day. Well it wasn’t me. It was my mum’s friend’s sister’s aunt’s brother did. And he’s pretty reliable on these sorts of things.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

(edited by Lahmia.2193)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

They changed from it’s original because the original was non-functional in any kind of non-solo content.

When it made chill do damage, you would lose your damage any time someone else had applied chill over you. So for example if you had 2+ necros hitting a target (so every meta event ever) only 1 of those would be dealing damage from the trait.

Necros being strong in PvP at the time was because of the bunker meta favoring necros, combined with the existence of the mercenary amulet.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in Necromancer

Jski.6180

Anet has already said they want it to be bleed since its purely damage they were looking for without any other beneficial effects. Poison , confusion and torment are out and burning does to much damage.

That the odd thing poison dose more base dmg then bleeds and and stacks better with condi dmg.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

That the odd thing poison dose more base dmg then bleeds and and stacks better with condi dmg.

Its also reduces incoming healing by 33%. Again they wanted it to be damage only without any extra effects.

in Necromancer

Jski.6180

Its also reduces incoming healing by 33%. Again they wanted it to be damage only without any extra effects.

So why even have chill as a condi dmg for a mostly seemingly power dmg elite spec? At what point should the scy hit not as hard as the bleeds from the chill?

in Necromancer

Crinn.7864

So why even have chill as a condi dmg for a mostly seemingly power dmg elite spec? At what point should the scy hit not as hard as the bleeds from the chill?

Because they didn’t want to leave a entire playstyle in the dust?

YouTube

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

I don’t understand… I was under the impression necros NEED this trait for their DPS and that to top it off… necro DPS is bad despite this trait??? What’s going on?

in Necromancer

Crinn.7864

I don’t understand… I was under the impression necros NEED this trait for their DPS and that to top it off… necro DPS is bad despite this trait??? What’s going on?

Both are correct. Even with the trait Necros are the second worse dps (ahead of revs) without the trait the class is basically garbage.

YouTube

in Necromancer

Jski.6180

Condi necro not going away and the core classes should be on part with the elite spec but they need to be real specialization not simply the same thing +1 something Anet messed up big time with this set of specializations.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Condi necro not going away and the core classes should be on part with the elite spec but they need to be real specialization not simply the same thing +1 something Anet messed up big time with this set of specializations.

There is a big difference between how condi Reaper and condi necro play … and both are very close to each other in damage. That’s a big win IMO. Apparently, variety isn’t a think in your playbook? That’s unfortunate … most people LIKE choice.

Regardless, anyone that thinks there is something exceptional about Necro condi is being very choosy … there are more effective condi builds out there; if the argument is that Necro condi needs a nerf … it shouldn’t be the first condi build that Anet looks at for nerfs.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Necromancer

Posted by: vicious.5683

vicious.5683

man if it wasnt op you wouldnt see like every necro running it, I fail to see how one person stacking like 25+ bleeds alone isnt op

then learn to see, and stop crying like a little baby.

in Necromancer

Jski.6180

There is a big difference between how condi Reaper and condi necro play … and both are very close to each other in damage. That’s a big win IMO. Apparently, variety isn’t a think in your playbook? That’s unfortunate … most people LIKE choice.

Regardless, anyone that thinks there is something exceptional about Necro condi is being very choosy … there are more effective condi builds out there; if the argument is that Necro condi needs a nerf … it shouldn’t be the first condi build that Anet looks at for nerfs.

That IS the chose you play necro core and get more condi dmg and be more of a mages or you play the specialization reaper and be more of a melee power dmg class. Have ppl forgotten what the world specialization means?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

I’ll be surprised if the PvP version doesn’t come to WvW at some point. But WvW is quite a…low priority game mode so I don’t think it will be for some time.

Gandara

in Necromancer

Obtena.7952

That IS the chose you play necro core and get more condi dmg and be more of a mages or you play the specialization reaper and be more of a melee power dmg class. Have ppl forgotten what the world specialization means?

Maybe I don’t understand what your question means then. You said the elites needs “to be real specialization not simply the same thing +1 something Anet messed up big time with this set of specializations”

…. but Reaper elite spec is not the same thing as the core on this class, even for the SAME kind of damage build. The Reaper condi plays completely different than the core Necro condi build. It IS different. Perhaps you were just stating the obvious?

in Necromancer

Jski.6180

Maybe I don’t understand what your question means then. You said the elites needs “to be real specialization not simply the same thing +1 something Anet messed up big time with this set of specializations”

…. but Reaper elite spec is not the same thing as the core on this class, even for the SAME kind of damage build. The Reaper condi plays completely different than the core Necro condi build. It IS different. Perhaps you were just stating the obvious?

Its different in a few ways but most condis are still coming from its epi the core class set up. I understand you can drop a lot of bleeds on ppl but there a lot of reward to drooping all thoughts bleeds on one person then epi them to spread them out. The best question to ask is it viable in spvp with only 1 stack and then ask is it op in wvw with 3 with that you find 2 may be the fix or something else (such as an icd say 1 sec per person OR a different type of condi that fits reaper more then bleeds say poison the main condi of the reaper.)

An nearl perma poison would be great for a tankly power dmg class. It would make reaper that anty healing class we been needing in gw2 for some time. Chill apply 1 stack of 5 sec poison icd 1 sec per person for all game types but raids (we need to keep it 3 stack of bleeding in raids because raids are comply alien from the rest of gw2 pve wvw and spvp.)

(edited by Jski.6180)

in Necromancer

Obtena.7952

I hate to be misunderstood here but I don’t get where you are going with this … it seems you are agreeing with me so I will simply leave it at that.

I mean, there are some minor issues with your post; most condis do NOT come from Epi because because Epi isn’t a SOURCE of conditions, it simply multiplies conditions that exist on a target; you still have to put the conditions on your target somehow. That is a meaningful difference.

As for a perma poison … you have it on scepter, as well as torment.

(edited by Obtena.7952)