Blighter's Boon... Intentional?

in Necromancer

Posted by: ragnarokda.1805

ragnarokda.1805

I was partying with a buddy who is using Herald and upon using One with Nature I only receive 1% LF with Blighter’s Boon on. Is it intentional that blighter’s boon only counts this application once? I’m not sure how OP getting like 20% LF from that skill really would be.

Thanks!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

I would imagine they throttled the effects due to some of the insane boon output that the new specs (and PS Warrior) have. If Blighter’s Boon works with Phalanx Strength (I’m sure someone’s tested) and if the trait doesn’t mention an ICD, I would post this over in the bugs subforum.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Typhron.2318

Typhron.2318

I think Blighter’s Boon was changed in the beta (specifically from BWE1 to BWE2). It used to give 1% lp per boon application, and now it’s once per spell/blastfield/whatever. This was, itself, due to Reapers gaining full life force out of combat (or in combat) in seconds, and healing to full from whatever in Shroud just as fast.

I don’t really have anything to back this up aside from personal observations, so take this with a grain of salt.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Berengar.6951

Berengar.6951

I’ve been getting healed 3x ~135 when using RS auto attack on enemies under 50% (1 might from reaper’s might, 2 might from siphoned power)

Engineer, Thief, Mesmer, Elementalist, Guardian,Warrior, Necro
[KoM] Krewe of Misfits
[IB]Inglorious Basterdz

in Necromancer

ragnarokda.1805

I’ve been getting healed 3x ~135 when using RS auto attack on enemies under 50% (1 might from reaper’s might, 2 might from siphoned power)

Right that makes sense. It’s three different triggers of might. But what I’m referring to is when one trigger or one skill/ability gives more than 1 stack of anything all at once. You seem to only benefit from the application and not each stack of the application.

in Necromancer

ragnarokda.1805

I think Blighter’s Boon was changed in the beta (specifically from BWE1 to BWE2). It used to give 1% lp per boon application, and now it’s once per spell/blastfield/whatever. This was, itself, due to Reapers gaining full life force out of combat (or in combat) in seconds, and healing to full from whatever in Shroud just as fast.

I don’t really have anything to back this up aside from personal observations, so take this with a grain of salt.

That’s possible. I played reaper in BWE1? And again in 3. But I’m just now noticing this… However, I didn’t really play with blighters boon in bwe3 as I was trying the condi route.

Idk, I can see why in SOME circumstances it might be really powerful (group setting of any kind) but I feel like it’s just not quite as good this way. Ah well.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Guess it doesn’t matter anymore

Reaper—Blighter’s Boon: This trait now only procs for boons you apply to yourself. Increased healing level multiplier by 25%, increased healing attribute multiplier by 330%.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

So besides the nerf, it still works like it always has, each stack of boon you gain (now from self only) you gain 1%, or the healing. So YAAW giving 10 might = 10% LF, or Unholy Feast giving 5 stacks of Retal = 5%.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Typhron.2318

Typhron.2318

Reaper—Blighter’s Boon: This trait now only procs for boons you apply to yourself. Increased healing level multiplier by 25%, increased healing attribute multiplier by 330%.

Welp, nevermind then. 8y

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

I’m actually ok with this. It evens out the trait’s usefulness and makes it easier to buff (if necessary). It also makes you less dependent on running with a group, which is nice.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Hey guys, you know what…

We got….

BLIGHTER’S BOONED

huehuehue

I knew trait with name inspired after most memed GW1 skill nerf will end up badly

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144