in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

#fixforumbug

Blighter's Boon

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Honestly let the devs decide if things are too strong. Asking for nerfs now is only asking for us to be over nerfed and continue to have survivability problems in the future. Im sure noone wants that right?

None of the traits look too strong to me in realistic situations.

They DID say both of them seemed “op” that’s why I’m so concerned in getting out ideas that WILL be a nerf but not 100% break either.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Blighter's Boon

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

But your ideas do the opposite. Using ICD’s and caps are worst solutions you could possibly suggest.

Blighter's Boon

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

But your ideas do the opposite. Using ICD’s and caps are worst solutions you could possibly suggest.

A 1 sec ICD per target with a longer might and 1% LF would still be comparable to or better than reaper’s might (depending on duration change, especially, but able to be gotten AOE).

A HIGH cap per 10 seconds does not break anything except keep it from being abused. 20% more LF or 2.6k more healing every 10 seconds (If it maxed at 20x per 10 seconds) would not be bad… And if anything, the lower the cap the more (potential) power they can give it for realistic scenarios if they feel they need it.

If they don’t do anything like this at all, they’re more likely to remove one or the other entirely, and I will be very sad if Blighter’s Boon gets removed…

Blighter's Boon

in Necromancer

Posted by: War Mourner.5168

War Mourner.5168

People are used to dealing with awful balance, and and terrible ‘solutions’ to non issues.
They’ve come to expect it.

Blighter's Boon

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

People are used to dealing with awful balance, and and terrible ‘solutions’ to non issues.
They’ve come to expect it.

While there is some truth to this, it doesn’t change the fact that I don’t want to lose BB and it’s most basic function…

Blighter's Boon

in Necromancer

War Mourner.5168

And I’m saying it’s not OP, because it relies on having 5 people chilled and hitting as many chilled things as physically possible.

While this makes it very strong against anyone running spirits/minions/turrets/etc, in an actual team fight, where there is 3-4 enemy players that sustain will not let you survive focus fire any better then having loads of health/LF in the first place. That’s what actualy damage mitigation is for.

(edited by War Mourner.5168)

Blighter's Boon

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

A 1 sec ICD per target with a longer might and 1% LF would still be comparable to or better than reaper’s might (depending on duration change, especially, but able to be gotten AOE).

A HIGH cap per 10 seconds does not break anything except keep it from being abused. 20% more LF or 2.6k more healing every 10 seconds (If it maxed at 20x per 10 seconds) would not be bad… And if anything, the lower the cap the more (potential) power they can give it for realistic scenarios if they feel they need it.

If they don’t do anything like this at all, they’re more likely to remove one or the other entirely, and I will be very sad if Blighter’s Boon gets removed…

Making it 1sec ICD means the might duration needs to be atleast 25 seconds to be able to achieve the same max effectiveness. You can clearly see thats broken and boring. Having no ICD means you are forced to use multi hits to stack it up. But its low duration so it falls off as soon as you stop attacking. Theres no way they will make it have a 25 second duration. Which means adding an ICD will always be a major nerf to the trait. Like i said an ICD is a terrible solution to the problem.

And again BB is only strong in ideal unrealistic situations. Its fine as it is. And if it isnt. Then all it needs is a lifeforce change or a healing change. Because if you think about it. If the healing is weak but the lifeforce is strong. It means you wont heal much while in reapers shroud so you wont be able to recover as much even if you can replenish RS really fast.

You dont want BB nerfed just because it might be too strong with another trait. So you want to nerf the other trait. This doesnt make any sense. The problem is BB, not chilling force. It doesnt make sense to butcher a trait which is fine on its own just because of one overly strong synergy. Adjust the problem trait, not the indirect cause…

(edited by spoj.9672)

Blighter's Boon

in Necromancer

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

And I’m saying it’s not OP, because it relies on having 5 people chilled and hitting as many chilled things as physically possible.

While this makes it very strong against anyone running spirits/minions/turrets/etc, in an actual team fight, where there is 3-4 enemy players that sustain will not let you survive focus fire any better then having loads of health/LF in the first place. That’s what actualy damage mitigation is for.

You mean like Shoutbow Warriors?

Blighter's Boon

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

Making it 1sec ICD means the might duration needs to be atleast 25 seconds to be able to achieve the same max effectiveness. You can clearly see thats broken and boring. Having no ICD means you are forced to use multi hits to stack it up. But its low duration so it falls off as soon as you stop attacking. Theres no way they will make it have a 25 second duration. Which means adding an ICD will always be a major nerf to the trait. Like i said an ICD is a terrible solution to the problem.

And again BB is only strong in ideal unrealistic situations. Its fine as it is. And if it isnt. Then all it needs is a lifeforce change or a healing change. Because if you think about it. If the healing is weak but the lifeforce is strong. It means you wont heal much while in reapers shroud so you wont be able to recover as much even if you can replenish RS really fast.

You dont want BB nerfed just because it might be too strong with another trait. So you want to nerf the other trait. This doesnt make any sense. The problem is BB, not chilling force. It doesnt make sense to butcher a trait which is fine on its own just because of one overly strong synergy. Adjust the problem trait, not the indirect cause…

Uh, if it was 1 might with 1 sec CD PER TARGET with a say, 10 second duration and if you had ANY +might duration (not sure what build you’d be running) You could easily keep up a LOT of might… 10 sec might PER TARGET every 1 second (and 1% LF) is WAAAAAAAY strong than 15 seconds of might on Life blast (not per hit) which has like a 1.4 effective cast time… And completely fixes every issue with it…

Blighter's Boon

in Necromancer

Posted by: WhiteCrow.5310

WhiteCrow.5310

That ends that argument.

Honestly, the talk of nerfs/tweaks right now is asinine. The numbers aren’t even final; Elite Specializations are still in active development.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Blighter's Boon

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

That ends that argument.

Honestly, the talk of nerfs/tweaks right now is asinine. The numbers aren’t even final; Elite Specializations are still in active development.

That’s so incredibly wrong. Right now, while things are being actively worked on is the BEST time to discuss it… This way we have a voice in how it’s watched over. It save us from their pure “imagination” later…

Blighter's Boon

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Were talking about Chilling Force not Reaper’s Might.

Again your ideas are killing the trait. A warrior with forceful greatsword can maintain 25 might on a single target. That ICD per target means Reaper cannot.

Please stop being selfish. You dont want BB nerfed. I dont want Chilling Force nerfed. You could easily just put a cap on BB and make it only proc 3 times per second. Surely that stops it from being broken? But clearly you wont like that because it effects you more personally.

In short. Not everyone is going to use BB when they use Chilling Force. So nerfing Chilling Force when it is fine on its own is completely unfair. If BB is too strong its BB that needs to be limited. Not the trait which is fine as it is. Dont know how many times i can say that.

Blighter's Boon

in Necromancer

Posted by: WhiteCrow.5310

WhiteCrow.5310

That ends that argument.

That’s so incredibly wrong. Right now, while things are being actively worked on is the BEST time to discuss it… This way we have a voice in how it’s watched over. It save us from their pure “imagination” later…

But you and I both know that isn’t how the devs see it. The only time they respond to our concerns is when we have what we’re referring to right in our hands. They’re going to abide by the opinions of internal testers.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Blighter's Boon

in Necromancer

War Mourner.5168

What does shoutbow have to do with it?