Blighter's boon is not a grandmaster trait

in Necromancer

Posted by: Clairenix.2780

Clairenix.2780

RIP. Now we only have 2 grandmaster traits and an extra minor trait.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Yakubyogami.7586

Yakubyogami.7586

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRQQJAWRjM0Q3N2VDu1A7NWoGMpAwAYYF/BLhpQqYQN4SB-TxyCABOcEAA4BAQz+j6PHfBAsSJEK6ACTJ4QKR+S5hgaCY4QAAA-e

Look at my sigils. If I gain lifeforce/health just when I get might I’ll be rolling in it, but add protection from the 2 talents and I think it’s a pretty good deal. I’m already a pain to kill even without getting enough hero points to get the GM trait.

Oh, any my actual crit is in the 40’s and add to that Death Perception and I end up with 90-100+% crit and might just rolls in when I go Shroud.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

nah sry your Build dosent provide enough LF to validate BB, you have sustain yes but its NOT from BB in your build… sry I dont buy it-

THis nerf is Huge

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

in Necromancer

Clairenix.2780

At this point, I’d consider decimate defences to be the GM trait in it’s place.

I wonder how swapping them would affect current builds..

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tobias.8632

Tobias.8632

Since when was negligible damage on a non-stacking condition with only like 80% uptime assuming the enemy never cleanses conditions a grandmaster trait?

in Necromancer

Clairenix.2780

Since when was negligible damage on a non-stacking condition with only like 80% uptime assuming the enemy never cleanses conditions a grandmaster trait?

I wouldn’t think it’s negligible when everyone is going gaga over it, not to mention BB needs spite for it to be usable now.

From what I read though, you might be talking about Dhuumfire.

(edited by Clairenix.2780)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

I wouldn’t think it’s negligible when everyone is going gaga over it, not to mention BB needs spite for it to be usable now.

I think he means Deathly Chill. At least Dhuumfire has the broken damage going for it and can get stacked decently with Reapers srhoud. But yeah, we pretty much have 1 good Grandmaster in that line now… Seems to be an illness most Necro-Traitlines seem to have.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Necromancer

Clairenix.2780

I think he means Deathly Chill. At least Dhuumfire has the broken damage going for it and can get stacked decently with Reapers srhoud. But yeah, we pretty much have 1 good Grandmaster in that line now… Seems to be an illness most Necro-Traitlines seem to have.

That makes alot of sense now. I thought he was replying to my previous reply.

Now I retract my previous reply, and actually somewhat agree that Deathly Chill.. is pretty meh as well.

Sidenote though, Deathly Chill is lovely with a condi build, not sure about how much DPS it contributes however.

(edited by Clairenix.2780)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zantmar.5406

Zantmar.5406

BB is fine it’s still the most versatile GM, the nerf isn’t that terrible, I’m just saying it could have been a lot worse like if they went back to BWE1 kind of reaper.
imo str sigils does a mighty fine job Even if u don’t run spite, let’s be real how many of you would spam autos all the time in shroud anyway, and if you happen to also take chillin victory it’s still allright of a grand master.

Edit
Let’s not for get infusing terror is also a boon giving skill and it needs no investment in spite
This is a better way to handle such a trait as BB compared to adding more Icd
The only other way I can see this being handled is to restrict BB to specific boon types example: might only, but that’ s even worse than restricting it to self applied boons unless u roll with a ps war

Life blast should hit twice and have its damage halfed
If Rocket Charge is only 2 leaps then it should look like 2 leaps
True Shot should be cast on the move

(edited by Zantmar.5406)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

BB is fine it’s still the most versatile GM, the nerf isn’t that terrible, I’m just saying it could have been a lot worse like if they went back to BWE1 kind of reaper.
imo str sigils does a mighty fine job Even if u don’t run spite, let’s be real how many of you would spam autos all the time in shroud anyway, and if you happen to also take chillin victory it’s still allright of a grand master.

Edit
Let’s not for get infusing terror is also a boon giving skill and it needs no investment in spite
The only other way I can see this being handled is to restrict BB to specific boon types

Reported for troll posting.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in Necromancer

Zantmar.5406

How is it troll posting, I would appreciate explanations

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Because everything in it is false like
claiming that going from 100 to 10 is an okay small nerf or
using word versatility when with no allied support it is concrete hard pigeon holed into spite even more.

I like and may steal the signature tho.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in Necromancer

Zantmar.5406

My word on versatility is because any build could use and would do what it’s suppose to do, be it minion, condi, power. Deathly chill does not as well for power builds, and reaper onslaught is debatable
Going from 100 to one is also debatable. If you solo roam in wvw or 1v1 on a point the. It’s not a nerf but a buff
And if you are referring to spite, the sure it might be disadvantageous to run other trait line with BB, but if u want more sustain while playing power reaper, BB is really the only way to go
English is not my first language as you can tell by my terrible spellings, but, I been solo Queing these days running blood magic SR. and reaper and doing relatively well, infact much better than I was last BWE, so really I’m just looking at things from my own personal experience instead. Just yesterday I even took off soul reaping line for a whirl, and by luck or chance did well in a couple matches, so I’m delussional about anything and everything reguarding necro,

(edited by Zantmar.5406)

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Don’t all of the grandmaster traits kinda suck?

Decimate defenses still makes reaper shroud do less damage than dagger/greatsword. We’ve got too many shroud traits already.

The Chill trait suffers because your chills are too short and the damage gets overwritten by allied chill stacks.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Necromancer

Clairenix.2780

Edit
The only other way I can see this being handled is to restrict BB to specific boon types example: might only, but that’ s even worse than restricting it to self applied boons unless u roll with a ps war

I wouldn’t call it versatile as it’s dependent on spite. Sigils of might give you 1% life force per second / around 200 hp per second on a level 80 map, nearly negligible.
Not only that, it’s only dependent on your ‘self-stacking’ might, the necro barely has any other boons to throw, maybe a 2-3 other boons at a time which equates to around 600 hp and 3% life force; unimpressive.

Chilling victory does have good synergy(nearly doubles your lifeforce/life gain whenever enemy is chilled) with it, but I wouldn’t really drop decimate defences either, unless you’re taking death perception, in which case you’re not getting a crit increase outside of shroud.

There’s alot more factors we can talk about such as, taking death perception – taking chilled victory for might – dropping spite all together for something else and then taking blighter’s boon..(not sure how good this would be but sounds unappealing..) but then chill uptime is a bit abysmal.

overall BB amounts to a small increase in sustainability.. eh. it just doesn’t work too well with current necro/reaper, to be honest.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Well i would argue that blighters boon is still a lot better then unholy sanctuary. And that trait is also a grandmaster…

in Necromancer

Zantmar.5406

Ahh sorry u were referring to pve or wvw. I apoligize about that, I was talking about pvp, I guess I failed to clarify and yes chilling victory, might sigil, BB have been working very well for me, I also play wells and utilize protection on cast trait and well of power that grant me boons if I have condi on me.

If you Are referring to pve, the there is no reason for any power build reapers to not take Onslught, I dove into a chak swarm and the reduced recharge basically lets me spam ds 4 and 5 constantly, it’s insane, I could not imagine using any other GM there,
Imo the atk speed increase on onslaught prolly is a boost to condi builds caused faster dhuumfire anyhow, not sure why would anyone take BB in pve

Now wvw is tough call. Typically run base nec there in zergs

(edited by Zantmar.5406)

in Necromancer

Clairenix.2780

Well i would argue that blighters boon is still a lot better then unholy sanctuary. And that trait is also a grandmaster…

I’ve taken it a couple of times, that thing bypasses overkill damage, it’s funny.

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

I love unholy Samctuary. It is a lifesaver against focus fire every time. It fixes a major weakness of the necromancer.

Bligher’s boon is a lousy heal over time that depends on you running spite, boon runes, and landing attacks or it does nothing.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

I love unholy Samctuary. It is a lifesaver against focus fire every time. It fixes a major weakness of the necromancer.

Bligher’s boon is a lousy heal over time that depends on you running spite, boon runes, and landing attacks or it does nothing.

Yes it depends on spite, boon runes etc. but you can get alot more healing out of it then us would. It also gives you lifeforce outside of shroud which us doesnt. The only advantage us has is that lifesaver mechanism but honestly most of the time my reflexes are good enough to push the shroud button on my own and i can deal with a 10 sec cooldown on shroud.

in Necromancer

Zantmar.5406

Or u think you pushed shroud right before u died but found out that u left shroud instead cause unholy sanctury happened and u proceed to face palm before dies. That trait almost killed me as much as it saved me

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

The problem is Blighter is now unusable for the main build that SHOULD be wanting it, which is shroud-based bunker builds that use high LF generation to get enough sustain to teamfight on point, while using shroud for damage. BB is now completely garbage for any non-spite build, whereas a bunker would have preferred the DM beefiness, and also would really like Chilling Victory, which kills the needed Decimate Defenses to deal damage as a soldier build.

The only builds that really build LF using this are now spite power builds, which are not the ones that were most in need of the sustain.

Garbage > wet garbage. Congrats, BB is better than a trait that is completely worthless except for a very specific clerics build, great balance work.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Clairenix.2780

^This, alot of this..

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

That wouldn’t be a good idea. Reaper’s Onslaught can’t compete against DD as a DPS trait.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

That wouldn’t be a good idea. Reaper’s Onslaught can’t compete against DD as a DPS trait.

And all synergy would be lost with Chilling Victory and Blighters Boon if they compete for the master slot.

in Necromancer

Clairenix.2780

And all synergy would be lost with Chilling Victory and Blighters Boon if they compete for the master slot.

Yeaah.. nvm, but that other comment really shows how much value DD has.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

i run Spite, Soul Reaping, Reaper with a strength sigils
in reaper shroud every swing is pretty much proccing 4 stacks of might,
meaning either a nice bit of healing or 4% life force.

with the right build Blighter’s Boon is awesome!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

To play devil’s advocate, I don’t think we should stress too hard about the Blighters Boon nerf. Between strength sigils, chilling victory, RS #3, YAAW, and the entire spite line, we’ll always be able to get mileage out of it (and no, Spite line is not necessary). We just won’t be able to start a match with 8k LF, or have phenominal LF regen in a mid fight. Trying to think positively, the old blighter’s boon does build bad habits because so much of our LF generation required 0 user input from ourselves. RS is a powerful mechanic that should require work to use. I should never be in a sticky situation and look at a full shroud bar in pleasant surprise. RS activation should be planned, and having so much generation from allies took that intelligent/tactical use away.

I’m as bummed as anyone (who likes nerfs?), and I’ll certainly miss the old blighter’s boon, but if this is what it takes to start putting all of the elite specs back in line with the base classes, it’s a good thing in the long run.

If anything were to be reverted to rebuff blighter’s boon, perhaps the simplest solution is to combine the current iteration (our boons give health+LF) with allowing boons from allies to heal us through shroud, but not provide LF.

(edited by Salamander.2504)

in Necromancer

Clairenix.2780

i run Spite, Soul Reaping, Reaper with a strength sigils
in reaper shroud every swing is pretty much proccing 4 stacks of might,
meaning either a nice bit of healing or 4% life force.

with the right build Blighter’s Boon is awesome!

I am running the same, and this is like, the universal build of most reapers(except with onslaught). At most if feels like life stealing in shroud. Out of shroud, it’s not 4% life force. It’s around 1% per might proc from str sigil, and if you run buff shouts and elite shout, a couple % of burst LF% (10%?15%?)..