Blood Magic / Wells good now?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Idk but after update it looks like blood magic Wells could be some decent support / sustain now for wvw with a modest amount of healing power.

Idk might have to make something up for it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sephylon.4938

Sephylon.4938

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBHhF6kkGomGsnGwyGgeTsULYxfxx4ZcKtNF2CQzpAQEA-TFyFQBO4IAMRlgGU5HAeAAmTfg9U/BBHCgedCAAA-w

something I’m messing around with, have yet to test it. Runes are either grove for prot uptime or nature’s bounty for condi cleanse. Also thinking of a solo version of this using vamp signet over well of blood.

edit
also considering minstrels just for full tank for zergs

in Necromancer

Posted by: britishguy.1928

britishguy.1928

I’ve been using it in spvp as a base terrormancer. The wells revive power of lesser and regular well of blood is unreal, and the burst potential of a quick Doom from deathshroud 3 can really put the hurt on a low hp enemy and secure the kill for your team.

I had more success with power-based base necro with blood magic wells, as I could take more advantage of the damage of some of the other wells, but I wanted to try and make condi’s work to get theorycrafting on scourge.

I’m usually getting four-five boasts and feeling like I am really contributing to my team, I can see how it would be effective in wvw.

in Necromancer

Sephylon.4938

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBHhF6kGRo2GszGwyGgDHsgLYQtpAwCIOLuFDjUdh4wzC-TVxTABAr+z3KBfVfAA7PAtyPA-w

this build has insane amounts of sustain for a necro. Have yet to try the runes, they were suggested to me by opponents I stalemated till reinforcements came. ( I fought a thief long enough for a traited lich form to come off cd 2x in the duel)

edit
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_Exuberance was also a recommendation.

(edited by Sephylon.4938)

in Necromancer

Sephylon.4938

further results; it’s fine in a 1v1 scenario, you outsustain your opponent, anything beyond that is a nightmare. Also it melts to condi

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

not with their current cooldowns even when traited still too long

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Necromancer

Sephylon.4938

oh definitely not, but it’s funny to watch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Axl.8924

Axl.8924

I used well of blood yesterday on raid myself with built in points.Seemed to heal well enough.I actually somehow saved a party member for that raid with it.They were near zero health and downed and i got them to full health.The ability really recharges fast too(10 Seconds) which is faster than consume conditions.

What i will talk about is spectral grasp feels awfull with its cd.Yeah it chills enemies and cripples them, but its got such a loooong cd.(50 seconds) I’m not sure if i’d want to take this for Spvp because of such a long duration.

(edited by Axl.8924)

in Necromancer

Justine.6351

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAndRnk0AVbi90A20A0bilaBDKBEAaATfh12WIeLWGTjA-TlDDQB1b/hB+AAmnmAKcAEMkSQvo8jAHSgKcAC4k6PJ4ABMhjAQc0jAgTAg90QEAAB4mtZbezk5Mv5Nfezbezbezz1t5Nv5NvZpAAcMA-w

I tried out blood magic, leadership runes and wells tonight during wvw raid. It felt good enough that I am going to take the plunge and change out a couple items in my gear. Minstrel GS? YES!

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Spectral Grasp is bugged right now and goes on full cooldown if cancelled.

It’s not usable.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Necromancer

Sephylon.4938

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAndRnk0AVbi90A20A0bilaBDKBEAaATfh12WIeLWGTjA-TlDDQB1b/hB+AAmnmAKcAEMkSQvo8jAHSgKcAC4k6PJ4ABMhjAQc0jAgTAg90QEAAB4mtZbezk5Mv5Nfezbezbezz1t5Nv5NvZpAAcMA-w

I tried out blood magic, leadership runes and wells tonight during wvw raid. It felt good enough that I am going to take the plunge and change out a couple items in my gear. Minstrel GS? YES!

I’d still prefer a dagger over focus offhand if only because of its aoe-ness for zerging, and wh over it for solo roaming.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Emapudapus.1307

Emapudapus.1307

Blood magic/wells were viable even before patch (sPvP). Now they made it even little better.

all is vain

(edited by Emapudapus.1307)

in Necromancer

Justine.6351

I’d still prefer a dagger over focus offhand if only because of its aoe-ness for zerging, and wh over it for solo roaming.

I take focus for the single target, damage/life force/vuln/deep boon corrupt. Not much point running dagger offhand to do things you already do only worse.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brigg.3961

Brigg.3961

Justine, you’re going to have to keep me posted on the success… will you stick with mostly celestial?

HoD [STRM]
All classes, level 80
Dropbear Massacre, Necro Main

in Necromancer

Justine.6351

Justine, you’re going to have to keep me posted on the success… will you stick with mostly celestial?

Celestial is just too good for reaper (bad/average ones especially) and certainly will be great for scourge in wvw large group play as barrier scales with healing power and toughness will help protect it. The best way to deal power/hybrid damage right now is to deep-cut aoe boon-corruption which makes “Nothing Can Save You!” + Unholy Feast + Spiteful Spirit a god tier combo. Getting a hold of the enemies’ protection boon and placing 10 stacks of vulnerability is an obscene way to increase the damage of everyone who strikes them. Nightfall + Well of Corruption stacking is just a way to squeeze the rest of their tears out.

The axe/focus for single target killing are berserker. The minstrel GS for a support swap weapon to get some tasty healing power, boon duration for condition converts/stability and toughness for pushing.