Blood minor (trait 1) rework

in Necromancer

Posted by: Berullos.6928

Berullos.6928

Renamed to “Lifeleech”

Recharge: 20s

When health is below 90% threshold and not in death shroud siphon health on next attack (siphon amount 453)

Equivalent to sigil of blood siphon amount. Benefits from Bloodthirst trait.

Or they could fix siphons so they function inside death shroud and it would not have to have the not in death shroud notation.

Siphons “should” work in death shroud. It just makes sense just like death shroud you should be able to stomp/res since its instant cast.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Eh Siphons inside death shroud could become rather powerful.

Though I do like your idea for a trait rework.

Maybe if they allowed healing effects through death shroud at 25% effectiveness?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

I think bringing in line to the mesmer trait would be enough…

Necromancer have minor traits that need more love than this one…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Maybe if they allowed healing effects through death shroud at 25% effectiveness?

How? The only dps skill you have is #4 with high CD and Life Blast need to be traited to pierce and only in a straight line, there is no need for exterior healing to affect us in DS jusf our traited ones because you don’t give a class a trait that the class couter by themselves.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

How? The only dps skill you have is #4 with high CD and Life Blast need to be traited to pierce and only in a straight line, there is no need for exterior healing to affect us in DS jusf our traited ones because you don’t give a class a trait that the class couter by themselves.

Imagine your in a 5v5 fight and pop life transfer.
That’s anywhere between 40-80 healing per tick, with just basic life siphoning.
Add in life siphon on crit another 40-80, and + effectiveness to life siphoning you get a 2k heal and possible extra 2k damage.

That could be a little bit much.

Besides wouldn’t you prefer ALL heals get to you at 25-35% effectiveness instead of some life siphons.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

What if rather then life stealing working normally in death shroud, what if it generated life force? Personally, I hate this idea. But its better then it just being an insignificant damage boost.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Berullos.6928

Berullos.6928

Add in life siphon on crit another 40-80, and + effectiveness to life siphoning you get a 2k heal and possible extra 2k damage.

Besides wouldn’t you prefer ALL heals get to you at 25-35% effectiveness instead of some life siphons.

Hey I’d love to get all heals to get to me with some reduced effective instead of life siphons. But anet seems to not want that to happen. They don’t want us being unkillable like we apparently were in the betas. They’ve been afraid of that for ages and thats why they’re so scared of buffing our survivability.

What they don’t realize is, even if they buff siphons, we still aren’t that tanky. And even if we’re tanky we give no support. We can give high regen, not that great prot from the trait, but we lack the staiblity and the aegis that teammates need quite often.

And if you try to build siphon your damage is all of a sudden really really bad. So if you try to build zerks with siphons, its still not that safe either.

And with regards to the life force, sure in practicality I’d love to get more life force, it doesn’t fit the theme of the blood line of siphons.

in Necromancer

Sagat.3285

If I spec for full into a traitline for healing and siphon it deserve to be worth it. Just to make it clear I’m not saying siphoning should work in DS because I want but rather because the points spent in there are so underwhelming and why all heal ? Are you refering to team mates ? I prefer sustaining my self for safety purpose.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Necromancer

Sagat.3285

If regen,parasitic and siphon works it should be enough because you traited for it,all heals would be a side buff to non-traited which might not need it. We don’t even have access to utilities in DS.

The Dhuumfire thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Not really, the skill itself is entirely counterable, just whack the person with one CC and its over. And no, the first thing should be to get all self-healing to work in DS at 100%. There is absolutely no good reason that any profession should have mechanics built in that hard counter each other like that. If its a balance issue then make the change then balance our traits to the new mechanics.

What if rather then life stealing working normally in death shroud, what if it generated life force? Personally, I hate this idea. But its better then it just being an insignificant damage boost.

I think keeping them separate is best. Anything that starts to look like the beta Necromancer who is impossible to get out of DS is going to scare ANet away, and making them cross over like that has balance implications (LF is defensively worth more than HP on a 1 to 1 basis, plus the ability to “permanently” stay in DS has issues with Unholy Sanctuary).

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

I think keeping them separate is best. Anything that starts to look like the beta Necromancer who is impossible to get out of DS is going to scare ANet away, and making them cross over like that has balance implications (LF is defensively worth more than HP on a 1 to 1 basis, plus the ability to “permanently” stay in DS has issues with Unholy Sanctuary).

How would you permanently stay in death shroud? Out side of death shroud you can’t use life stealing to out heal damage, so how would that change in Death shroud? And I completely disagree. Life force Defensively is worth .75 HP to every 1 HP….

I’d rather have actual healing In death shroud. But as it is now, the Life force pool is too large for us to have it with proper balance. With healing in Death shroud, even just life stealing you could heal up for quite a bit, leave death shroud, build it back up again and repeat. It would be an absolute nightmare for balance.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

I’d rather have actual healing In death shroud. But as it is now, the Life force pool is too large for us to have it with proper balance. With healing in Death shroud, even just life stealing you could heal up for quite a bit, leave death shroud, build it back up again and repeat. It would be an absolute nightmare for balance.

Then why is unholy sanctuary not OP? Life steal in death shroud will in practice give 100 hp/s which is lower then unholy sanctuary.

EverythingOP

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

How would you permanently stay in death shroud? Out side of death shroud you can’t use life stealing to out heal damage, so how would that change in Death shroud? And I completely disagree. Life force Defensively is worth .75 HP to every 1 HP

DS has more ways to gain LF than just siphons. You’ve got your 4 skill to gain quite a lot back + proc siphoning up to 90 times total (2 per tick, 5 people per tick, 9 ticks) plus its own LF gain, reaper’s precision, minion siphoning, and then DS 1 spam for up to 6 procs of siphons per shot. Will it hold up under focus fire? No, but it wouldn’t be crazy for you to sit in DS for a very, very long time.

Also its not an opinion, its fact. DS is 60% of your HP, but you take half damage (this has been shown many times over the last year). So if you have a siphon that heals you for 50 normally, if it adds 50 LF then you are actually gaining twice that, effectively, plus potentially some slightly higher mitigation with the +170 armor while in DS you can get.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Muchacho.2390

Also its not an opinion, its fact. DS is 60% of your HP, but you take half damage (this has been shown many times over the last year). So if you have a siphon that heals you for 50 normally, if it adds 50 LF then you are actually gaining twice that, effectively, plus potentially some slightly higher mitigation with the +170 armor while in DS you can get.

I actually wonder if Anet knows that you only take half the damage in DS and doesnt change it because without it our survivability would even worse.

I mean it nowhere states that you only take half the damage in DS, which justifies to question if it really is a feature or more a bug.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

I actually wonder if Anet knows that you only take half the damage in DS and doesnt change it because without it our survivability would even worse.

I mean it nowhere states that you only take half the damage in DS, which justifies to question if it really is a feature or more a bug.

They don’t seem to know, since one of them corrected us when the change was made and people were asking why it was 60% when DS was known to be 120% of HP.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Muchacho.2390

They don’t seem to know, since one of them corrected us when the change was made and people were asking why it was 60% when DS was known to be 120% of HP.

Yeah i know that, but that post was a long time ago…
I mean they surely most have realized it by now if they read the necromancer forums or test things like that….

I dont want to imply anything but…

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

I’m fairly certain that they read the forums, I’ve heard it from multiple sources that they do, and I know for a fact that Sharp at least used to read the forums. But how many Necromancers do you think even understand that DS is double effective? Probably not many. And especially when they can then open up the game files and see the code that puts LF at 60% HP, its hard to know who to trust, or even what to do with it.

My PvP Minion Build