BoC Necromancer Podcast - PvP Builds

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Hey everyone! But of Corpse will be doing a special patch-edition of the Podcast Tuesday at 6pm PST. We’ll go over all the patch notes that impact Necros, and talk about how the changes affect us in various ways. Come and join us live on twitch .

If you have anything you’d like covered, as we talk about the patch and the future, let us know by replying here, mailing myself or tenderly in game at Bhawb.7408 or Tenderly.7019, or on my twitter @Bhawb.

This should be a big patch, according to what I’ve heard, and even just off the official changes we should see quite a bit.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Hello. Ive got some:

a) Should siphons even exist? It sounds harsh, but this is what I mean:

-They steal some hp ON HIT. Yet our weapons have wastly different attack speeds. From super-slice daggers to zzz-staff . So theres a big difference between the ideal vs. realistical hp/second you get

-The biggest problem is no stability and getting CCed. During that time, you arent siphoning hp when u actualy most need it. So, like with spectrals, would it be better to get something back on getting hit ?

b) How to balance necro survival from 3 “independent” sources ?
Toughnes/healing gear = good #6 , regen , other heals (only 1, 3x times too weak )
Death shroud= life force generating weapon, skills, traits, SR traitline
Siphoning= needs 10,15,20 traits investment, doesnt scale well with previous Healing Power
So if glassy necro gets DS for survival, any toughness necro will have it too, a toughness+healing will be super tanky (if they fix/add heals, like transfusion, regen through DS ) , and siphons on top. Each on their own they MUST be subpar, to prevent a combined glassy-DS-on-crit-siphon-tank :/

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bweaty.9187

Bweaty.9187

Yeh, Siphons should. Part of why a melee range dagger should be faster attack. To help compensate. The issue of CC, isn’t just a issue with siphon. It’s with all our defense. The idea is to have ‘aggressive’ defense. Which I like.
I think we need some ‘anti CC’ defense. Something as simple as what our spectral walk/prot do for us, where when were CCed and taking dam, we gain some life force.
I’d also love for our siphon to work out more efficiently than 0.01% to 0.1% our max life. I did hear about GW1, where, you could get beat down to 1 attack away from death, and then do a huge siphon. I’d love to see siphons be more like that, where it rewarded you for playing on the edge.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tobbygnome.6793

Tobbygnome.6793

Should siphons then increase in healing the lower HP you are?

From the leaked patch notes it looks like there’s just a lot of tweaking, normalizing and stat fact addition. I hope there’s more though.

If not, then i think the only real noticeable thing to discuss in the patch would be about the new siphon changes.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Heartlust.6140

Heartlust.6140

Full clerics necro in PvE? (Dungeon content etc). Dev healed for 3k aoe with life transfer using soldiers.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

Full clerics necro in PvE? (Dungeon content etc). Dev healed for 3k aoe with life transfer using soldiers.

Yeah it is going to be interesting to see if that was just a result of the larger base, or heavy scaling….

in Necromancer

Tobbygnome.6793

Shhh :P the Dungeon sub-forum will kill u if they find out you’re planning to wear clerics in dungeons hehe

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

It already heals for about the amount…

Facts about necro: We were broken with perma protection pulsing wells, stability and a 50% damage reduction that gave LF, ALL of those were nerfed, Spectral defensive in 1vx was nerfed, damage from condi builds is kinda stupid with dumbfire being a additional cover.
Shade needs to return or DS cd needs to go down to 5 seconds (3 if traited)., spectrals should get back to their 3% pre hit with infinite times in a second/no icd, dumbfire go away, fix staff, CB and Epi need to be equalized more/turned less of a situational but stupidly strong (or in case of cb useful against only half the professions) into good general use.

Also please give us a ice field or two via traits, ds jumping and weapon swap in ds back(personal wishes ofc)~

Shhh :P the Dungeon sub-forum will kill u if they find out you’re planning to wear clerics in dungeons hehe

You mean a group of angry little boys in zerker gear playing half naked male warrior gs norns because they totally aint trying to hide and overcompensate for something?

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

(edited by Andele.1306)

in Necromancer

Tobbygnome.6793

ye :P
/15 chars

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bweaty.9187

Bweaty.9187

Or 10sec CD on DS, on ENTRY not Exit as well.
How come they got the code to give us ICD for amount LF gain per sec on spect, but not %dam minions can take per sec, or date I say it, DS. Guess minions are suppose to be as good as trash mobs on a 80 map, and were suppose to just die if there’s more than 1 other in PvP/have no 1shot kill avoidance. (Or feel OP unstoppable with full life force vs someone who’s not CC/burst)
Why not give us something like spect’s %life force on damage, while CC’ed, or something to counter CC destroying us not only like other class’s but also due to our ‘aggressive defense’ meaning if were not attacking, we got no defense.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Supreme.7352

Supreme.7352

A bit off topic I listened a bit of “but of corpse” but the quality on the audio is pretty bad. There’s some fan going on in the back and you guys are way too quiet. The audio isn’t leveled either and it makes it really distracting. Not only that buy I hear the clicking of your mouse and other such noises, which makes me think your audio set-up is just not up to snuff.

I know you’re trying to promote your twitch channel, and I can appreciate that. But with so many podcasts out there, it doesn’t leave me wanting more. I can’t even hear what you guys have to say and all the other noise is too distracting for me to listen to more then 10 minutes.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Thanks for the feedback.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Tobbygnome.6793

I take it back, siphons are still crap :P haha, nah i dunno

in Necromancer

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

Yeah the audio was the worst of any episode so far. I know you can’t control your guests’ microphone quality but a little bit of audio levelling and m,aybe hiss reduction in post-processing wouldn’t go amiss. Much better to spend a couple hours making it better and putting it on youtube than to stream it live and make it impossible to listen to.

And to add insult to injury Twitch kept cutting out to buffer for me, though I know that’s not your fault. But the silence of buffering highlighted just how annoying the background noise in your audio was.

The discussion was really interesting though, if you guys sounded better I could listen to you all day! :p

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

We do try to fix audio qualities, if anyone actually has tips on how to do that please help us. None of us are professionals, or even remotely experienced in what we’re doing.

Case in point: the background I made for the other podcast I do was made in Paint because I couldn’t figure out a free-online photo editor.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

By the way, I forgot to announce this, tomorrow at 6:30 we’re doing a podcast with Rennoko to talk conditions!

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

manveruppd.7601

kitten is a lot more powerful than MS Paint and it’s Free Software, and Audacity is a simple, free, open source audio editing application

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Like I said, I couldn’t even figure it out. I used MS Paint not because it was better, but because I couldn’t figure anything else out :P

I own plenty of programs to use to help things out, I just don’t know what exactly needs helping, which is why I ask for feedback. I’m not sure what needs fixing.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

manveruppd.7601

Sorry, the name of the software I tried to refer to is spelled GOLF-INDIA-MIKE-PAPA in the NATO phonetic alphabet, it got caught in the swearie filter! :p

EDIT: you know what, simpler to give you a download link than to bypass the forum swearie filter! http://goo.gl/7GOzK

(edited by manveruppd.7601)

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Lol, silly forums. Thanks, I’ll try that out, maybe get us a better background image going.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

manveruppd.7601

Play around with Audacity too, its volume normalisation and noise reduction features actually work! And get yourselves some better mics once you start making a bit of dough from youtube or twitch!

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Anyone in specific who’s mic isn’t great? More specifically, is it mine or tenderly’s since those are the only two we actually control.
(No one makes any kind of money from anything we do, although maybe Bas gets a wee bit just to cover the site, but I don’t think that’s making anything yet.)

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bas.7406

Bas.7406

Here is the VoD: http://sittingonacouch.com/guild-wars-2-podcast-corpse-episode-30/

bah Just heard there were audio issues> I will pull the audio only and see if I can normalize it

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Today we will be going over the necromancer PvP builds used yesterday in the vVv Gaming tournament, and also the builds that we are personally using right now. If there is extra time at the end we’ll go over our PvE builds as well.

My PvP Minion Build