Boosted my Necro

Boosted my Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kharneth.7931

Kharneth.7931

Hello,

I just started playing yesterday and I ended up upgrading to a full account and I boosted my Necromancer to level 80.

Can anyone provide me with a tried and true build and explain how the play the build? Something to get me started?

Thanks, for reference, this is what I’m like currently:

Scepter/Dagger with all of the minions. Blood Fiend, 2 Bone Minions, Bone Fiend, Shadow Fiend or w/e, and Flesh Golem.

I just want a build that I can feel confident with, so when I’m playing and learning how to play my class, I can feel assured that my character himself is not what is causing me problems.

Boosted my Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Wintermute.5408

Wintermute.5408

I assume you have HoT and access to Reaper? What mode do you intend to play?

For openworld, it’s hard to get wrong necro build. Almost all of them are crazy survivable and self-sufficient. Minionmaster with Death Magic and Blood Magic is especially good in that regard.

Welcome to Rivendell, mister Anderson

Boosted my Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Red Rover.9810

Red Rover.9810

This MM power reaper build works great for all open world PvE, dungeons and low-mid level fractals:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAR3YnM0Ad1gN1AebCs3glpBL+DmCfhTPgLwxSaAUACAA-TRRBABXt/o87hrAgZKBpU9HAeIAAA-e

If you haven’t unlocked all of Reaper yet then you can use Soul Reaping instead of Reaper and use dagger/warhorn plus staff.

It is particularly good for solo PvE, i.e. running around in the HoT zones. Non MM builds also work, but I find this to be the sturdiest build and easiest to solo large groups of mobs, champs, etc.

Boosted my Necro

in Necromancer

Kharneth.7931

I have none of Reaper unlocked, boosting gave me everything else.

So, can I have 3 specializations? Is that how it works? I currently have Death, Blood, and one other.

Boosted my Necro

in Necromancer

Red Rover.9810

Yes, Death, Blood and Soul Reaping works well for a minion build if you don’t have Reaper. This would be a good build if you intend to jump right into HoT zones because minions will make your life easier.

Alternatively, if you aren’t going to jump into HoT right away and instead plan to just explore Tyria, do your personal story, etc., then a non-minion build also works very well. For example you could use Spite, Blood and Soul Reaping with dagger/warhorn and axe/x or staff (for large group/world boss events where you want to tag as many mobs as possible or are in situations that are suited for ranged). Without minions on your bar you would instead use shouts/wells. But from my own personal experience I would suggest the minion build if you plan to jump into HoT to start to unlock Reaper.

(edited by Red Rover.9810)

Boosted my Necro

in Necromancer

Kharneth.7931

Are you saying that I can pretty much do whatever as long as I have minions? Or what exactly should I look for in a minion build? I’ve currently got the one that I created, but I just want to be sure I’m not missing out and any hidden combinations or anything special like that.

All of my utility spells, healing, and ultimate are minions, should any of these be replaced with something else? Like the corruption spell that makes my Conditions spread to nearby targets? Or Lich Form? I think Lich Form would be really cool, but it replaces Flesh Golem.

Boosted my Necro

in Necromancer

Red Rover.9810

I couldn’t tell you much about condition builds since I am just now starting to collect the viper/sinister gear for that. I leveled from 1-80 the old school way using a power build (power/precision/ferocity) stats with dagger/warhorn + staff and shouts/wells on my bar rather than minions. Power builds generally use dagger, axe and greatsword (after unlocking Reaper) as mainhand weapons. Condition builds generally use scepters. At 80 I switched to a power minion master build as described in the link above, switching dagger/wh +staff to GS + axe/dagger after unlocking the full Reaper tree.

You generally want to use either a power build or a condition build as they don’t really mix together that well (although I’m sure you could still work with some sort of hybrid build in most open world situations.

For a condition build you could work on gearing for the viper horror build that is a popular meta build, particularly for high level fractals and raiding. Just google viper horror and you will find all kinds of info on it. It won’t work quite so well for open world PvE and lower fractals and dungeons since things die too quickly to take advantage of the sustained condition damage, but on the positive side you will feel like a classic necromancer (minions, de-buffs, DoTs, fears, etc.).

Boosted my Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Try something like this for PvE and work on hero points asap. (This is expert mode. Temper as you need but it is good juju.)

Edit: Necromancer is an all-in profession. Challenge your opponents as is your life depends on not making a mistake because there is no escape once you start.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAodWjc0QvNWbDO2AHOOwFqZR0E9LNNijvAOABQLA-TxRBABUq+jZKBva/R5XHHCgHOBAA8EAwTfAA-e

(edited by Anchoku.8142)