Boycott Death Shroud.

Boycott Death Shroud.

in Necromancer

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

As many of you know I had been playing as a necro since GW1 beta (not kidding =) ). I used to play WvW a lot. I hasn’t really played that much nowadays. And when I do I just play with the mobs in PvE and LS.

I had been playing WvW for the past 2 days. Let’s just say things have gotten much worst for the necro. I am not going to repeat what many other players have already said a 1000 times.

I will keep this short. If you guys hate DS as much as I do, boycott DS altogether from now on. Just never use it. Never push that button. See how weak necro actually is. Fully embrace the truth about the necro.

Many of you will say that’s how necro was balanced. No that should be the last thing on your mind. You should instead be thinking:

Do I enjoy using DS? Do I enjoy being in DS? I am a paying customer. Why do I have to put up with this?

For me DS just disables my whole skill bar. It is a skill that shuts down my whole character. Who needs mesmer when I can shut myself down just fine? It was just a skill to temporary delay defeat in WvW. Meanwhile my whole party is getting healed while I am not getting any.

Instead of trying to work with DS, why don’t we just boycott DS and see how weak necro actually is right now? For example let’s say you go 1v1 someone without DS. If you only bring him down to 50% health before dying, well guess what necro is only half the man your enemy is!

Then you got to ask yourself: Do I want DS? Or do I want a total revamp of something new to replace DS?

If you truly want a necro class without the negative influence of DS, then you must cast your vote. Stop using DS. Boycott it from now on.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

(edited by CHIPS.6018)

Boycott Death Shroud.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I do not agree that this is a constructive way to improve our class. First of all, the latest reveal informed us that necromancers will be able to heal while in DS. I’m not sure if this is enough to fix the many problems with DS, but lets wait and see before we boycott our class mechanic.

If given the choice, I would much rather see them fix DS, so that it scales against focused fire and heavy hits, in the same way that invulnerability does for other classes. I want to see them make DS work, and I don’t think it would require an unreasonable amount of work to fix it.

Now if they completely nerf everything into the ground before (or shortly after) HoT, THEN I will gladly host a big necromancer rally for our class. But lets await their fixes first.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Boycott Death Shroud.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

I like DS as a concept and i dont want it gone. And yes DS is currently is subpar due certain shortcommings (Bloodmagic, no LF at the start of a spvp game, etc.). But those arent unfixable and after the reaper stream i have hope that atleast some of them will get fixed in HoT. Will it be enough though? I dont know but if it isnt revenant is looking good…

Boycott Death Shroud.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anubis.7058

Anubis.7058

Consider the following:

1.) Dont play necro if you dont like the profession mechanic, net rest of the gameplay can be imitated on elementalist, mesmer and engie, only with more active defense and mobility.

2.) Post rational critique (e.g. DS cooldown should start on entry to allow a natural flow/clutch use of it and not punish the player, while not ruining flash DS builds).

3.) Help with a bug list thread related to it (Signets not working, any interact past stomp/rez not working in it, entering it interrupting channels not related to skills despite being a instant skill, etc)

4.) Wait for the soon™ to be released changes.

5.) Do you want some cheese with that w(h)ine?

Boycott Death Shroud.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

What? On condi builds, ds has some of our strongest condi skills, as well as giving us boon removal if we trait for it, and soon, it’ll give us unlimited burning on auto. On power builds, reaper’s might makes life blast become extremely dangerous after a few consecutive hits. Running without deathshroud deprives us of our best fear, torment, and whatever survivability a necro may lay claim to. Of course necro will feel weak without ds. It isn’t meant to be played without it.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

Boycott Death Shroud.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Loki.8793

Loki.8793

Can’t tell if serious or just a troll.

If you’re using DS just to prolong your death then you aren’t using DS correctly. It has CC, mobility, condition damage, and hard hitting attacks. It’s also a secondary life bar that you can use to sustain and wait for cooldowns to recharge. Needless to say, it’s super powerful with all forms of builds.

Saying not to use DS to see how strong necromancers really are is like saying not to use any clones or illusions on mesmer and see how strong it really it. Classes are built around their primary mechanics. If you don’t like the mechanic, then play a new class. It’s not going to change.

Boycott Death Shroud.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

I am a strong “hater” of DS actually more of how they implemented and see it but it’s removal or replacement is never going to happen but one removable thing is it’s dominance by allowing self healing and utilities to be used while it’s active, the other issue is necro being weak with no LF it is not necro starting with 0 LF, I would like DS pool to be reduced as our other sustain tools get better those are easier to balance that would help us not being weaker with 0 LF. DS can even should stay they just need to stop overestimating it they being devs and many players.

@Loki Please don’t….ignoring the drawbacks and sacrifices is worst then the boycott itself.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

(edited by Sagat.3285)

Boycott Death Shroud.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

DS is just as much as a profession mechanic of the class as aura channel in Elementalists and shatters for Mesmer.
All are pretty squishy without them.
Why the hate?

“Look like the innocent flower, but be the Obaba under’t.”

Boycott Death Shroud.

in Necromancer

Posted by: lorndarken.3702

lorndarken.3702

i will say that the new shroud is an upgrade to the old death shroud in ways that not only help us as necros sustain pressure but it also lends some very much needed support in areas that are lacking in the current death shroud , being that players can help themselves close gap better that not only helps a little in mobility but also transfers 1 boon per target into a condition , a reliable stability with the use of an point blank area of effect fear which can hit multi targets and i can only assume you don’t have to be in line of sight . and last but not least gave us some melee attacks for when things do get hairy as opposed to where we are at the given moment . my only issue with the new and old ds is the range and cast times . that being said arena net could make and effort to see this issue and correct it before release !

Boycott Death Shroud.

in Necromancer

Sagat.3285

DS is just as much as a profession mechanic of the class as aura channel in Elementalists and shatters for Mesmer.
All are pretty squishy without them.
Why the hate?

It’s not DS it’s everything they do with it. Just now they will allow siphon to work in it when the power creep is happening,they removed it’s aegis effect that was the only scaling defense it ever had,they told us it was a strong mechanic and we had to L2P,utilities are not usable in DS so we have wasted traits doing the same especially signets with a bit of an extra,DS was an excuse for no active defense and so far no projectile destruction, we are weaker with 0 LF, LF gain vs incoming damage at the beginning of match is deadly,it used to be downed state,foes are blinded and think it’s OP because a few times they fought us when we had full LF,duels while unsupported decide what LF we start with…it wouldn’t be a problem if DS was more balance and etc etc…

They seem to see more clearly what DS is and it’s effects on necro so hopefully it gets better. They need to stop overestimating it. Off-topic shatter is much more of PvP mechanic many mesmers hate it in PvE. No resource mechanic can really compare to DS.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Boycott Death Shroud.

in Necromancer

Posted by: insaneseagull.7063

insaneseagull.7063

As many of you know I had been playing as a necro since GW1 beta (not kidding =) ). I used to play WvW a lot. I hasn’t really played that much nowadays. And when I do I just play with the mobs in PvE and LS.

I had been playing WvW for the past 2 days. Let’s just say things have gotten much worst for the necro. I am not going to repeat what many other players have already said a 1000 times.

I will keep this short. If you guys hate DS as much as I do, boycott DS altogether from now on. Just never use it. Never push that button. See how weak necro actually is. Fully embrace the truth about the necro.

Many of you will say that’s how necro was balanced. No that should be the last thing on your mind. You should instead be thinking:

Do I enjoy using DS? Do I enjoy being in DS? I am a paying customer. Why do I have to put up with this?

For me DS just disables my whole skill bar. It is a skill that shuts down my whole character. Who needs mesmer when I can shut myself down just fine? It was just a skill to temporary delay defeat in WvW. Meanwhile my whole party is getting healed while I am not getting any.

Instead of trying to work with DS, why don’t we just boycott DS and see how weak necro actually is right now? For example let’s say you go 1v1 someone without DS. If you only bring him down to 50% health before dying, well guess what necro is only half the man your enemy is!

Then you got to ask yourself: Do I want DS? Or do I want a total revamp of something new to replace DS?

If you truly want a necro class without the negative influence of DS, then you must cast your vote. Stop using DS. Boycott it from now on.

-What I get from that first paragraph is that you have some experience with necro in wvw? You took a break from the WvW (game?) but returned to WvW (game?) 2 days ago and have been playing WvW (game?) since? And you say that “things have gotten worse”? What EXCACTLY have gotten worse? Every post like this always lean on the words “things have gotten worse” and similar statements. They never bring out the hard facts,past vs present stuff.

Tbh I think what HAS gotten’ worse is your skills with the necromancer. Since you quit WvW (game?) a while back when it probably got too hard for you it most certainly won’t make it easier to re-join now after that hiatus of yours. The (presumable) skills you had back then really can’t have improved with inactivity. Right?

Sounds to me like you don’t really like the core mechanic of the class…boycot it? Really? Because without it the class is weak? Yeah,strip away the core mechanics of the other professions as well and tell me how weak they too,are now.

Paying customer? You are NOT a PAYING customer. Unless you buy gems,which is after all YOUR choice. You’re not forced to buy gems to be viable or play the game.

You should really start playing another class.

Server: Far Shiverpeaks
IGN: Sparkly Darkness/Sinh Verdandi/Got D Boons
Guild: Anime And Manga Club [AMC]

Boycott Death Shroud.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anubis.7058

Anubis.7058

Paying customer? You are NOT a PAYING customer. Unless you buy gems,which is after all YOUR choice. You’re not forced to buy gems to be viable or play the game.

You should really start playing another class.

I think that the law does define someone who purchased a good as a paying customer, that good has to be fit for use too. But your point of “he should play another class” stands 100%.

Boycott Death Shroud.

in Necromancer

Posted by: biggs.4702

biggs.4702

I don’t hate DS. I do, however, hate posts like this one.

The obstacle is the path.

Boycott Death Shroud.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

I like DS. classes that eat me like cake are Thieves… they just happen to be OP as crap..

Boycott Death Shroud.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

They should fix DS, absolutely. This is, however, the dumbest possible way of getting that to happen.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Boycott Death Shroud.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zefrost.3425

Zefrost.3425

You’d think that by playing necro since GW1 you would have lrnt 2 play by now.

And I agree with Bhawb.

Boycott Death Shroud.

in Necromancer

Sagat.3285

I like DS. classes that eat me like cake are Thieves… they just happen to be OP as crap..

We are not OP T_T…if only every class had initiative.

The Dhuumfire thread