Bug? "Rise!" The Army of Shambling Horrors

in Necromancer

Posted by: Halcyon.5340

Halcyon.5340

There doesn’t seem to be a cap on the number of shambling horrors that the Reaper can summon. If there are healers to heal the horrors, a single Reaper can create an army of shambling horrors!

In the attached photo, my partner was healing the shambling horrors that I summoned with “Rise!” Her Tempest was able to keep an up-time on 12 horrors (horrors lose health periodically). With 3 more healers, we could probably keep an up-time on ~50 horrors.

Attachments:

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pompeia.5483

Pompeia.5483

I mentioned this in the feedback thread. With ample healers and a few chronomancers… you can have an infinite army of them

Amanda Corsiva – Revenant && Katereyna – Chillomancer
Jenna Gracen – Scrapper && Merit Sullivan – Guardian
Daenerys Ceridwen – Druid && Vexia Gracen – Chronomancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

No bug. Just the nature of degenerating minions.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Halcyon.5340

It’d be amusing to see an army of 100 shambling horrors run over somebody. That would be a highlight video.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

It’d be amusing to see an army of 100 shambling horrors run over somebody. That would be a highlight video.

I still want to see a zerg of Reapers in WvW just run in with Death Nova equipped and pop Rise!

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Halcyon.5340

I still want to see a zerg of Reapers in WvW just run in with Death Nova equipped and pop Rise!

That would be a site to see, and there would be so many poison fields and explosions!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

that is awesome!

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

in Necromancer

Posted by: Thefire.1583

Thefire.1583

Flesh of the master with 12 horrors would get you up to 240 extra toughness Which is nice but if you say you could theoretically get 50 that’s a woopping 1000 toughness add that to deadly strength an extra 70-140 damage boost.

in Necromancer

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

Lol the new raid tank is here
Spend 15min rising minions with a druid healing. Then go and sweep the raid clean ;D

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Not sure if this isn’t meant to be, or just a feature. Unless it proves to be an actual problem I’m all for an endless swarm of horrors.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in Necromancer

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

That would be a site to see, and there would be so many poison fields and explosions!

Yesterday played Legacy of the Foefire against 4 MM reapers… All 4 had staffs too. The mid point was deep red of aoe circles and the swarm of minions… so fun to watch and ofc die

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Spiral King.2483

The Spiral King.2483

I really hope they don’t nerf it. This is possibly the first time since release I’ve felt even remotely like an actual Minion Master.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

Yeah me too. I really like it and let’s be honest, nobody’s gonna heal their minions in the actual pvp/pve environment unless it’s for fun

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

I hope they will add a cap for the total number of shambling horrors active. A friend of mine tested it too with a druid by his side to heal the horrors. They had like 20 horrors at the same time. With all the traits to improve minions ->life leech, extra toughness, immunity to conditions, poison field on death … that is just too much.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Hmmmm…Chinese Client?

And try it with Druid instead of Ele. It should be able to sustain 30+ on it’s own if such number is possible.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

(edited by Rym.1469)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

Reminds me of the days before they added a minion cap in GW1.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brujeria.7536

Brujeria.7536

Well they dont deal a lot damage even if there are 15 around. They still die easy to cleave damage. The only problem i see is in the amount of damage trough deathnova, but really in pvp or WVW they will never stack up to such huge numbers, because of the damage, also they swallow heals and buffs for other party members.

in Necromancer

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

My clerics MM in PVP can keep around 17 of the little buggers up at one time. Add in bone minions, flesh golem, bone fiend, blood fiend and jaggad horror procs from both the death nova trait and runes of the lich and I have at some points had 21 to 26 minions up at one time. Past then even transfusion and sigil of water procs can’t keep that many going, but god forbid anything gets in my way. It might be all chip damage, but it’s a TON of chip damage… I can melt some vets in 2 to 5 seconds when the entire army gets on them.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pompeia.5483

Pompeia.5483

I redid my spec to use curses and death magic for giggles… then I walked into one of the bases in SilverWastes during the event where you have to defend the person inside. There was a mob of nearly twenty units, including a couple vets. I ran in, used rise, suffer, chilld to the bone, swapped to RS, and cleaned face. I was never downed. I solo’d the stupid thing. I had Sinister and Apothecary’s armor.

I remember doing this kind of thing pre spec-rework nerf to DS and am happy I can do it again. However, I do not like death magic that much as a trait line since I miss out on soul reaping or blood magic for longer shroud periods.

I dunno… if we end up facing the unholy trinity… I see this being viable for tanking. I also, however, worry about them nerfing us even more

Amanda Corsiva – Revenant && Katereyna – Chillomancer
Jenna Gracen – Scrapper && Merit Sullivan – Guardian
Daenerys Ceridwen – Druid && Vexia Gracen – Chronomancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

Note that with the recent changes to Lich Form, you can now combine “Rise!” and Mark of Horror

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

Yea I just saw Wooden Potatoes Vid about it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3OiqhB5Y8g looks fun and Intresting. I tested it solo in WvW and in sPvP and it has potential but yea mostly made me laugh.

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

in Necromancer

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

Holy carp it’s like the old GW1 MM is back!

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Holl.3109

Holl.3109

WP did a video on this x)
Pretty fun if u ask me!

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel
Reapers gonna reap ¯\(°_°)/¯

in Necromancer

Posted by: Holl.3109

Holl.3109

I should really read all the replies b4 posting a link that has already been posted >.>

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel
Reapers gonna reap ¯\(°_°)/¯

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Definitely needs a cap for server purposes. However, I hope ANET rewards us for the healing teamwork. Maybe a cap of 20 minions?

in Necromancer

Posted by: guildabd.6529

guildabd.6529

Maybe a cap of 20 minions?

No. 50 cap or no cap.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stalwart.4036

Stalwart.4036

Now we have a raid spot! Instant army of damage absorbers!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

I should really read all the replies b4 posting a link that has already been posted >.>

Its ok Hollts just keep those nice Power Nec Vidz comming and I let it slide

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

There’s really no need for a cap, the minions wouldn’t hit any unreasonable value in any game mode where it would matter. PvE the minions would still die in any difficult content, WvW they’ll die to zergs, PvP they’ll die in teamfights. Its fun to mess around with a lot of them, but it isn’t really good.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: CodeHavoc.7926

CodeHavoc.7926

I’m hoping that was fully intended since they do die pretty quickly.

Necro Jesus is a thing apparently
The Zerker Bunker meta is the biggest bug in the game

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mot Bone.4632

Mot Bone.4632

WP did a video on this x)
Pretty fun if u ask me!

I love this build so much as a PVEer, its really fun