[Build] The Merciful Toolbox

in Necromancer

Posted by: ButterOfDeath.2873

ButterOfDeath.2873

Greetings, with the new transfusion trait i’ve come up with this build which i’d like to share.

pros
- Incredible support
- Stun breaks for days
- Utilizes profession mechanic to its fullest
- Incredibly tanky
- Can hold its own in terms of damage
- Insane teamfighting capabilities
- Can be customized in many ways, both weapons and skills

cons
- No gap closer except shroud 2
- Requires at least one ally to shine
- Damage output is low

So here’s the build: http://dulfy.net/gw2traits#build=AgQEXAXUA7w~
The build uses cleric amulet and runes of mercy.
Weapons of choice are:
Staff – Perma regen, condi transfer, fear, chill and a long range #1. Too good.
Axe – Mainly for quick life force, axe 2 deals fine damage and gives a loot of it, axe 3 gives retal (which is perfect with our high power), cripples and removes boons, plus some vuln
Offhand Dagger – Condi transfer and blind, plus weakness

Other options
Mainhand Dagger – Makes good use of our healing power, the #1 chain gives a lot of life force but not on demand unlike axe, plus the immob is very useful.
Offhand Warhorn – More life force, some swiftness and a daze. Preferred if you’re against melee opponents and you can handle the condis
Offhand Focus – Regen, vuln and boon ripping, good stuff.

utilities
Consume conditions – it’s a must, forget the vuln, in this condi meta it’s almost always a full heal.
Plague signet – Here comes a fine chunk of your supporting, it’s an stunbreak but use it as your last option, for example if you’re low on health, shroud is running out and you’re loaded with condis.
Spectral walk – since we’re taking spectral mastery instead of vital persistence it’s mandatory to use spectral skills, it’s an awesome ability with the trait and the tradeoff is harsh, if you don’t take it switch spectral mastery and vital persistence
Spectral armor – INSANE with the trait, pop it if you feel a thief is going to HS spam you and /shrug, plus it’s a stunbreak and gives you an incredible amount of life force

elite
Lich form: It gives a good amount of life force when it ends, turns your high power to good use and gives a big “kill me now!” sign over your head, which is perfect for us as we’re really tanky.
Otherwise, take the good ol golem.

How traits work
Blood magic ensures you have immense healing and ressing capabilities, now your shroud 4 will heal 7-7.5k if you fully channel it, plus it’ll res quite quickly and teleport downed allies to you, this is HUGE!
Exiting death shroud will give you protection and heal everyone for 2.5k, so do it often!

Soul reaping will give you big defense boosts and it’ll improve your shroud ability by alot. If you don’t plan to use one of your shroud abilities in the near future be sure to keep entering/exiting it!

Death magic is there to support the other two trait lines: condi clear when entering shroud, toughness to power or reaper’s protection, your choice, and unholy sanctuary.
Unholy sanctuary has saved me countless times when trying this build, it’s deceptively good. That’s that allows you to fearlessy enter lich form, take all the incoming fire, heal yourself back up during shroud while you have almost no health and keep fighting again.
Of course, if you feel you really want to use the scepter, pick corrupter’s fervor, but i really enjoyed unholy sanctuary, it really makes a difference!

One tip regarding gameplay:
It’ll happen sometimes that you suddently get condi stacked and unholy sanctuary procs or that you activate it yourself when you’re very low…this is the moment to activate plague signet, right as you leave your shroud, just to pop your heal afterwards.
If you don’t have your plague signet up, don’t be afraid to run! All you need are 1.25 seconds to cast consume conditions, even if your opponents decap or an ally gets downed you’ll easily be able to fix it with your unreal life force regen and ressing capabilities.

Hope you enjoyed this build, i hope many will try it out!
Personally i was pleasantly surprised to discover that it works wonderfully.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Suzukou.4831

Suzukou.4831

What about the Runes and Sigils?

tutturuu~

in Necromancer

ButterOfDeath.2873

What about the Runes and Sigils?

I prefer the endurance regen on swap ones, as for the rest it’s 100% up to you.
Intelligence+lich = suddently you’re a zerker for 3 hits. ;D

in Necromancer

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

Oh, man, this build has my name on it.

The class is always greener on the other side.

in Necromancer

ButterOfDeath.2873

Oh, man, this build has my name on it.

Regarding that, i haven’t explained the name of the build.
Merciful is obvious ;D
Toolbox is due to the fact you can teleport allies, heal them up, clear their condis, res em like crazy, you can stunbreak every 6/7 seconds, deny almost any amount of condis, grant perma regen to allies, CC enemies. All while tanking like crazy.

That’s a good bulk of stuff ;D

P.s. regarding your signature:
“Engineer, or Ranger…? I CAN’T DECIDE.”
Go engi, or go both!

in Necromancer

ButterOfDeath.2873

Just a tiny bump.
I’ve been using this build quite alot and i’ve been able to hold points 1v3 for quite a good amount of time -and- surviving, against both power builds and condi builds.

Regarding sigils, i now run 1 sigil of intelligence and 1 sigil of endurance on both weapons.
The endurance sigil is obvious, dodge more live longer.
As for the sigil of intelligence, it allows me to burst people with my very high power.

You can ensure to be focused (which is good) by attacking, swapping weapons, popping lich form and using your #1 three times (those hit for 3k-4k if they crit).
That’s enough to pretend you’re full power, plus, you gain A LOT of life force, jagged horrors provide additional targets and you can keep them alive indefinetly by just swapping in and out of DS (plus full heal with shroud 4), you can lose all condis and apply tons of vulnerability.

Really, it’s good.