Build feedback request (Carrion/sinister)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azzara Nectum.1734

Azzara Nectum.1734

Hi all,

Looking to make a pretty decent PvE build for my Necro. Somewhat of hybrid between condi spam and hard pressure in shroud.
I was hoping to get some feedback from the more experienced Necro mains for following build:
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vREQRBLRtG2JzmQ1NYzNg3NA/NYpYwiCADgEA1QYKUri7hDxkIA-TBSFQBMS9HRqEkYK/ejWBA8EAc3+D+SXQBOJAkCYSpRA-e

It uses a combo of carrion and sinister in order to build up a big health pool (which in turn leads to a juicy big shroud bar) and high condi damage (3015 at 25 might).
It combines scepter with a dagger and a warhorn for obvious reasons:
- always +150 condi damage from Lingering Curse trait
- utility from warhorn (interrupt and swiftness)
- dagger for condi transfer

As skill choices: all corruption spells on lower cooldown (thanks to Master Of Corruption trait) to spam & spread condis and get 10 might stacks through Blood is Power.

Trait lines:
- Soul reaping
- Curses
- Reaper

You should get 100% crit chance in shroud which should constantly trigger Chilling Nova and Deathly Chill.
The sigils used are Frailty and Earth to keep bleeds and Vulnerability up.

Only thing I’m worried about is all the self conditions inflected by corruption spells. Will this be an issue?
Is this a viable build and will it hit hard enough to melt everything in PvE (both casual and end game content)?

Thanks for any feedback given!

— Slave of the Free World —

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

If it’s for PvE you should really increase your bleeding’s condition duration and don’t go after shroud’s burst (death perception) but after sustained damage (decimate defenses).

With Target the Weak and Decimate Defenses (and why not, Furious Demise) you shouldn’t have issues with critting in shroud.
Try Greatsword to use Chilling Darkness and Deathly Chill at their maximum potential.

For the auto inflicted conditions just use your corruption’s skill just before your deathly swarm.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Wintermute.5408

Wintermute.5408

First, it’s practically impossible to make necro build unable to run OW PVE. So don’t bother too much.

Second, I recommend using Viper. While it’s generally viewed as pure condi stat set, in fact its power stats are not too shabby either, and, IMHO, will work very well for hybrid. It will lack vitality though, but in terms of pure survivability scepter builds don’t need that HP at all, being fully ranged. It will obviously put a dent into your LF amount though, if you want to run more of a shroud knight.

Third, if you aim for actual end-game, hybrid is a no-go. You NEED to be pure condi in Viper to even be considered for raids. Fractals are more easy going, but I suspect hybrid will be suboptimal there as well, losing to pure condi or power.

Welcome to Rivendell, mister Anderson

(edited by Wintermute.5408)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azzara Nectum.1734

Azzara Nectum.1734

Thanks for the feedback..

I’ll try your comments out as soon as this connection error thing gets fixed..

— Slave of the Free World —