Bunker build?

Bunker build?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Grandmaster Lee.9568

Grandmaster Lee.9568

Hey was just wondering if anyone had any experience with bunker builds in PvP. If anyone wants to share their bunker build that would be great!

Bunker build?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Not at home so I cant do the exact build, but I can share the idea:

Sentinel amulet, earth runes for extra protection, doom sigils to keep people suppressed and energy sigils for dodge.

Running with staff, dagger/warhorn (you can use whatever as offhand though) and all wells (except the blind well). Main traits is protective wells and siphoning, automatic ds when low hp and stability on ds. Blood, Death and whatever the third is called.

Given the right enemy combos (ie wrong), you can tank 1v3 for a minute or so, more than enough time for help to arrive, because thats what you rely on to win the round. Every other game I stand on center the entire time without dying. You will increase your teams chance of winning considerably if you make a habit to run center asap and hold at any cost.

You can even handle pretty well vs the new guardian burning meta. Just let em stack 10+, then transfer with staff 4 and laugh. I have had guardians kill their own teammates. If thats on cd, you got the well cleanse and ds cleanse.

The key to surviving is managing your ds, as always.

Bunker build?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Spazza.6024

Spazza.6024

Bunker necro is all I play in PVP.

Its fun and that’s why I play it.

Here is the build I am currently running:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAW3Yjk0QRNWbD+0A/NOgGKZDEAL7cmr5SgmD9wLA-TJxHABOVGo2LCAK7PAwTAAA

I switch between Runes of Water and Mercy.. depending if people on my team die a lot or not.

Necro Main – Spazzcromancer
Necro Alt – Spazza The Troll

Bunker build?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Grandmaster Lee.9568

Grandmaster Lee.9568

Why do you use the Settler Amulet?

Bunker build?

in Necromancer

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

I also think this is the better “tank” trinket. Most toughness + healing(most useful combination and condition damage is always ok, even in non condition builds. Also the dagger basic damage is high + it has additional healing and immobilize. I have tested it many times and this trinket is better then the cleric or sentinel.

Bunker build?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pelopidas.2140

Pelopidas.2140

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNhwQjakjGKuxabw5G4vxhxQJDhKooj/cAMA0goKGCA-TJxHwACODAn2fYZZAAHEAA

One more variation to try out^^
Just remember to fear/LoS/daze the fore before you heal cause there are alot of interrupts flying around lately.

Bunker build?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Spazza.6024

Spazza.6024

Why do you use the Settler Amulet?

The Healing and Toughness combo is always better in a long fight than any Vitality and Toughness combo… (long being.. >30 seconds)

Since you are bunkering you are trying to last a long time. The only advantage that the Toughness and Vitality combo amulets have is that you will have a better chance to survive a large initial burst. If that burst does not come or you survive the burst the healing and toughness combo will always come up on top.

I put together a spreadsheet a while back to prove this.. I just gotta find it and ill post it.

So the two amulets that you would want to choose from is Clerics and Settlers. I choose settlers because it helps more vs a initial burst and you do passive damage with conditions.

Necro Main – Spazzcromancer
Necro Alt – Spazza The Troll

(edited by Spazza.6024)