Burns Issue

Burns Issue

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Lately i’ve had issue while trying to remove some burns with well of power and consume condition. Does anyone else appear to have the same issue?

I’ve encounter this issue in fractal (burns from the big boulders) and on souhsun cove while fighting the instigator champ. Each time trying to remove it after the fight ended.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

Burns Issue

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

I noticed it in Southsun but guessed the condition reapplies immediately or is exempt like the karka condies.

Burns Issue

in Necromancer

Posted by: LastDay.3524

LastDay.3524

The condition in the Southsun Cove Instigator fight isn’t a “real” condition.
It uses the Burning icon and animation but is called “Burning Pitch” or something like that.

It’s not removable by anyone afaik.

Benight[Edge]

Burns Issue

in Necromancer

Posted by: hatlan.9462

hatlan.9462

No it’s not a “special condition” I can remove it with my thief without any problem. It’s just another necro bug .. Don’t worry it will probably be fixed in 2 years if we’re lucky =) Or never..

Ranik Fort Necromancer

Burns Issue

in Necromancer

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

I had the same issue on my Necro at that same event…. bugged the hell outa me and then i died… the end.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

Burns Issue

in Necromancer

LastDay.3524

No it’s not a “special condition” I can remove it with my thief without any problem. It’s just another necro bug .. Don’t worry it will probably be fixed in 2 years if we’re lucky =) Or never..

Now whether or not other Professions can remove this special effect for whatever reason I don’t know for sure.
Thus “afaik”.

What I do know is that it certainly is special, not just “Burning”.
Necros can remove normal Burning just fine.

Benight[Edge]

(edited by LastDay.3524)

Burns Issue

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Its a effect, like the heart chill from mount maelstorm, poison from old tom, 1 bleed stack from sword impale, agony itself, etc *hint hint necros used to have some of their conditions as effects with sacrifices* Also mob (that includes the boulders that you can kill by hitting them with vampiric on spawn) fire fields dont have the 1 tick thing but continous reapplication of burning, like the molotovs you can throw around.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

(edited by Andele.1306)

Burns Issue

in Necromancer

Posted by: hatlan.9462

hatlan.9462

Well it seems every other professions can remove it, even us with putrid mark and dagger 4. that’s why i’m assuming it’s a bug.

I did’nt try it in wvwvw so if normal burning can still be removed this is fine..

Ranik Fort Necromancer

Burns Issue

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Yep, I tried with my gardian, no problem, mesmer null field work just fine, ele “what? a condition? what’s that? does it hurt?”. I just have this issue on my Necro. It’s not really a big deal but i was just wondering if i was the only one to have this issue.

I don’t ask for fix, It’s a pain but we can deal with it (btw there are always a lot of people to help us especially when the rez daily is up )

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

Burns Issue

in Necromancer

LastDay.3524

Haha, I’m surprised it’s removable!
Well no biggie either way. One-time event and all.
Won’t even exist as time goes.

Benight[Edge]

Burns Issue

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kupinoodle.7194

Kupinoodle.7194

Maybe the problem is I the well.
It changes a condition into a boon, if there isn’t a boon tied to that condition I don’t know what the well will do. If it just remove the condition or nothing happens.

Burns Issue

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

It changes a condition into a boon, if there isn’t a boon tied to that condition I don’t know what the well will do. If it just remove the condition or nothing happens.

It would lead to reason that it would just remove it, but you never know. this game engine seems to make up it’s own rules at times.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

Burns Issue

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Burn is converted to aegis. And Ive not had a problem with removing the burn. He just reapplys burning constantly with some almost invisible aoe’s.

Burns Issue

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mercypsy.9602

Mercypsy.9602

But it’s not removed with consume conditions either. Kind of annoying.

Been experimenting with corrupt boon and well of corruption on the instigators as well, and they don’t seem to be doing much. But that’s probably me not noticing it, what with all the conditions coming and going. Well of darkness seems much more effective.

Burns Issue

in Necromancer

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

I’ve had a similar issue on Southstone with my thief. Against the Drake Broodmother. The huge poison duration she would apply, if I tried to cure it quickkly after it was applied with the signet, it wouldn’t get removed at all. It was very weird. There is something wrong going on with condition removal in PvE.

Burns Issue

in Necromancer

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

Good old A-net screwing us over again… should not be surprised.

Just tried to do the event again…. nothing you can do except die repeatedly

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

Burns Issue

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kau.8495

Kau.8495

Shrouded Removal – Lose a condition when you enter death shroud.

an we have a winner

Burns Issue

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kyskythyn.6471

Kyskythyn.6471

I’ve noticed this problem as well. It usually works on my own character, but it does not convert burning to aegis for other allies in my well of power.

Miss Kysie – S/F condi bunker ele
River of Tears – S/D glass ele
Solo and small group roamer

Burns Issue

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kau.8495

Kau.8495

allso send it back to him with dagger 4 in cd spec and get 30s+ of 1k per tick burn damage thast seperate from normal burn :x

Burns Issue

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

No longer works for me. Pretty crap bug. But not gonna throw a tantrum over it seeing as its only around for a month.