But of Corpse: What would you like to see?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Hey guys, first off no But of Corpse today, I won’t be able to make it.

That said, I’m looking for topic ideas for upcoming weeks. I’d like to know what you guys would like to see, it can be anything from how to play in PvE to a discussion of weapon ideas. I’m also open to things that would be discussed on the forums, and then we’d go over the discussion ourselves afterwards. Also be happy to know of anyone you’d like to have as a guest on the show, both repeats of people we’ve had before and new suggestions (feel free to recommend yourself).

Thanks for any input!

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

Just wait for the new patch to see whether there is already some new content designed to be inclusive to various playstyles (Anet mentioned boon-hate).
Also, balance changes, if there are any.
Could be interesting.

Leman

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Just wait for the new patch to see whether there is already some new content designed to be inclusive to various playstyles (Anet mentioned boon-hate).
Also, balance changes, if there are any.
Could be interesting.

Yes, definitely interested to see what the new changes bring, if anything important. Even if they don’t, we could talk about potential PvE changes/additions (to Necro and PvE itself) they could make to make Necromancers desirable in various ways. Thanks for the idea

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kindran.1896

Kindran.1896

I’m not sure what you have covered already, but I do know I have been a huge fan of Dark or Shadow archetypes. With this said I really like the way Death Shroud is, and I would love to hear some things on a build that focuses staying in Death Shroud most of the time.

Topics could be:
Strengths / Weaknesses
How diverse can Death Shroud be in builds that focus on power, defense or conditions
Ease of building up life force in each listed above and lasting time
Possible future additions or changes to Death Shroud
Would it be a good thing if different weapons gave different abilities in Death Shroud?
Differences in PvP and PvE
Underwater & Death Shroud
How the mechanics of Life Force drain work in both taking damage and natural decay

Death’s Demise shall arise when Life’s Creation Nullifies.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

I’m not sure what you have covered already

Basically anything is open, as far as I’m concerned. Blackmoa being a new host, and so has a different opinion than our previous hosts, plus the various patches, meta shifts, new knowledge, etc. make all the old ones available to go over, especially if we get some good new discussion out of it.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

I have only one request from you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMLcKtVwF-A
:)
Seriously though, I know nobody from ANet would be interested to come on, but who knows, if your viewership numbers go up it could be possible, in the future.

Failing that, I’d like to see you bring in other people, like you used to. Not necessarily necro players, mind. Talking to, say, a high-ranked spvp player, about what he expects from a necro teammate during a match, what he’s most worried about when he’s facing a necro on the other team, things like that, would be interesting. Or even possibly talking to hosts of other podcasts – I think you once mentioned you wanted to do an “cross-class discussion” kind of thing where the hosts from each SOAC profession podcast would come on each other’s shows as guests? That would also be interesting. Basically anything that’ll provide an alternate perspective on things. I watched your Minions episode yesterday, and while it was an informative discussion and you both had some great ideas on how to improve things, the fact that you both agreed on most things made it, well, not very interesting… It would be more exciting listening if you were actually arguing the topic with someone who disagreed with you, or at least had alternative ideas on things.

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Its not so much viewership. At one point a dev had said he might come on, but unfortunately since we do profession podcasts, to have a dev talk about one profession but not the other 7 would get them in trouble. So they’d have to talk about all the professions, which would require us to keep up a podcast for each profession (which is actually pretty hard).

We will try to get other players on, its just a bit difficult to find people sometimes :P

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

I am interested lately in like wonky, fun builds that still sort of work for whatever reason. Not necessarily competitive, super serious builds, but stuff you can make work and have it be different. Wouldn’t mind listening to something like that.

in Necromancer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

Its not so much viewership. At one point a dev had said he might come on, but unfortunately since we do profession podcasts, to have a dev talk about one profession but not the other 7 would get them in trouble. So they’d have to talk about all the professions, which would require us to keep up a podcast for each profession (which is actually pretty hard).

Thats a pretty kittened reason for them not to talk about necro’s imo. why are they forced to talk about all classes in the nec-podcast? Arent there some podcasts about other classes too? (and if not, then it’s their fault for not having one)

No idea what you can talk about. The game is really stagnant and it feels like everything necro-related has already been discussed over and over.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Thats a pretty kittened reason for them not to talk about necro’s imo. why are they forced to talk about all classes in the nec-podcast? Arent there some podcasts about other classes too? (and if not, then it’s their fault for not having one)

No idea what you can talk about. The game is really stagnant and it feels like everything necro-related has already been discussed over and over.

If they spoke on a Warrior podcast, but no other class podcast, what do you anticipate the reaction would be from the community?

“Omg ANet hates my class”
“Proof that ANet loves Warriors”
“Biased much?”

Devs are constantly on the PR razor’s edge, such that they have to tiptoe through the tulips lest they get a barrage of retaliation from the community about any little thing. It’s unfortunate, but the community does it to itself.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

“Devs favor Necros”
“OMG where is our dev podcast?”
“Rabble rabble!”

Seriously though, it’d be a PR disaster if they appeared only on the Necromancer podcast, and SOAC is the only group that does profession podcasts, and we simply haven’t been able to keep up the other podcasts nearly with the way BoC has. We’re trying to get them back up, and maybe we can revisit the issue then, but until that I wouldn’t expect a dev podcast.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

manveruppd.7601

They might agree to it if you brought in some of the hosts from the other profession podcasts to act as a panel. Call it a “BoC roundtable” or something

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

They might agree to it if you brought in some of the hosts from the other profession podcasts to act as a panel. Call it a “BoC roundtable” or something

Actually not a bad idea. Do a podcast with one member of each profession main and a developer. Perhaps have each profession getting discussion time (try to keep it about even).

For example, the Elementalist discussion would lead (Alphabetical order is as fair as anything else) and that time would be purely discussing elementalists, though it could be members of each profession chiming in with their thoughts. Then it would go to Engineer, and so forth. Since the podcast would represent all professions, it could even replace the Adrenaline Rising, Consecrated, Arrow to the Knee, But of Corpse, Enginious, Mesmerized, Cloak and Swagger, and the elementalist podcasts for that week.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

We don’t even have a single person for each anymore.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Advertise in the profession forums that lack a rep? Even if it’s not a SOAC person, they could still represent on the podcast.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Advertise in the profession forums that lack a rep? Even if it’s not a SOAC person, they could still represent on the podcast.

The issue would be finding someone who we could trust to be a decent podcaster, which would imply that they have done others (to use as reference). I know a fair few players who are good players in game and are knowledgeable, but who I’d never want to host a podcast.

Edit: not saying it can’t be done, but it would be significant work I think.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

manveruppd.7601

Yeah, you’d have to vet people by asking them on to BoC as guests before you let them into a panel discussion with a developer, obviously, but hey, that’s a bunch of more episode ideas sorted for you!