CC - secondary condi is blind

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ruokky.7185

Ruokky.7185

According to the stream, traited CC now applies blind as a secondary condition. That would mean that if you use condi transfer skill after heal you miss. Is this for real? Why would you put blind on that, I could live with poison or something …

Edit: Apparently blind is a transferable condition. Ty for people mentioning that, I got upset too quickly Unless there’s a bug that causes things to not work :P That would never happen tho right?

Rokk Soulstorm (NECRO) ~ Main since BWE1
Knikk Soulstorm (MES) ~ Best char ever :3

(edited by Ruokky.7185)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

Won’t be using master of corruptions. It’s pure kitten now

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

See, if master of corruption copied these conditions to foes around you or something like that It could be really decent with aoe blind. But with NO benefit for using it its just pure terrible.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

thought the prioritized blind as the first thing transferred.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Grim Reaper CZ.9274

Grim Reaper CZ.9274

You won’t miss, you will transfer the blind as well. Unless there’s too many conditions on you of course.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tissitra.4153

Tissitra.4153

LOL I wrote in another thread that you could actually end up with blinf on heal, but I did not expect that they would actually do that. I mean really? They expect that people will actually trait into that ???

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gizmorage.6412

Gizmorage.6412

erhhh, blind is a transferred condition, it’s been so for more than a year.
(and it’s the prioritized condi, so a condi transfer cannot miss. ever.)

“Trust me, i’m a medic”

(edited by Gizmorage.6412)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bellamy.9860

Bellamy.9860

Plague gets 2 sec poison. Not sure if it’s every second though. Good thing the Master of Corruption can’t handle his own corruptions. Kinda moronic they don’t put resistance on the trait.

in Necromancer

Ruokky.7185

If it does that would be fine I guess. Still, I’ve been quite disappointed recently.

Well gotta try the changes myself tomorrow. Hope to see it’s not all that bad as it looks.
Fingers crossed.

in Necromancer

Posted by: WhiteDeath.8067

WhiteDeath.8067

Supposedly, the blind can be xferred. Someone named qt garm on stream said that.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

You will miss Deathly Swarm if Blind is applied after the cast.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

Ok, so plague now does ~20k damage to ourselves when traited? WHAT THE ACTUAL kitten?!

At this point , what they need to do is scrap necro and completely rebuild it on its ashes, because it is getting to a point where they won’t be able to safe the class even if they tried to.

I hope they will realize this trait needs to either also pulse the condis or apply 2 seconds of Resistance , otherwise it is complete trash.

Supposedly, the blind can be xferred. Someone named qt garm on stream said that.

Yes blinds can be transfered. However, if you have more than 5 conditions on you and use eg. Plague Signets active, and blind is not among the randomly chosen transfered conditions… your plague signet active will miss. Whoop di kittening doo.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Necromancer

Posted by: WhiteDeath.8067

WhiteDeath.8067

The guy didn’t show off staff 4 so that might still work

in Necromancer

Posted by: Papish.5806

Papish.5806

Just think fellas, not only can we vuln and blind ourselves when traited for corruptions, we can also trait to add chill AND EVEN MORE VULN, HOORAH!!!!!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tissitra.4153

Tissitra.4153

Here is what would make a lot more sense for master of corruptions instead of self-inflicted conditions: corrupt a boon on all foes and allies around you (yourseld included) when using a corruption skill. Would certainly be interesting gameplay :-)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Just think fellas, not only can we vuln and blind ourselves when traited for corruptions, we can also trait to add chill AND EVEN MORE VULN, HOORAH!!!!!

Beautiful synergy!

Attachments:

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Necromancer

Ruokky.7185

Yes blinds can be transfered. However, if you have more than 5 conditions on you and use eg. Plague Signets active, and blind is not among the randomly chosen transfered conditions… your plague signet active will miss. Whoop di kittening doo.

Heal and then insta condi transfer, but if you’re under constant condi pressure don’t think that would always work … gotta try for myself tomorrow

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

10 stacks of vulnerability PLUS this?
HI RANGERS, I R BULLSEYE.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

They ignored our pleas. Unacceptable.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

Mmmkay… so with Chilling Darkness and Bitter Chill your healing skill applies 13 stacks of vuln, chilled and blindness to yourself. lol
They really want to make the Reaper use shouts I guess.

Edit: oh, never mind, those traits say “on a foe”

(edited by flow.6043)

in Necromancer

Posted by: wolfyrik.2017

wolfyrik.2017

Yeah that’s not true anymore. Conditions don’t have priorities wit this patch. If you have too many conditions for the transfer being used (which could be rng ones as well, taking control away from you), blind could be left on you, so your transfer will miss. Given that some transfers have caps of 3 or five and that traited, you’ll CC will cause you vulnerability, blind and chill, that means that you only need either one or 3 additional conditions on you to make give a good chance that the transfer fails, unless RNGesus is with you of course. Under these condtions, the transfer failure rate is 1 in 4 or 1 in 6.

Blind on CC, or infact ANY corruption is idiotic and poorly though out.

in Necromancer

Cecilia.5179

Mmmkay… so with Chilling Darkness and Bitter Chill your healing skill applies 13 stacks of vuln, chilled and blindness to yourself. lol
They really want to make the Reaper use shouts I guess.

Edit: oh, never mind, those traits say “on a foe”

Don’t encourage them…

Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Yeah that’s not true anymore. Conditions don’t have priorities wit this patch. If you have too many conditions for the transfer being used (which could be rng ones as well, taking control away from you), blind could be left on you, so your transfer will miss. Given that some transfers have caps of 3 or five and that traited, you’ll CC will cause you vulnerability, blind and chill, that means that you only need either one or 3 additional conditions on you to make give a good chance that the transfer fails, unless RNGesus is with you of course. Under these condtions, the transfer failure rate is 1 in 4 or 1 in 6.

Blind on CC, or infact ANY corruption is idiotic and poorly though out.

What? No priorities in transfer?! I thought it was RNG only for which boon in boon to condition conversion. I missed whatever the stream was but if this is true this is very bad. Did they actually went in battle with it?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Necromancer

Cecilia.5179

The best part about the blind is that it ensures we can’t transfer it before we’ve lost more than we’ve healed.

#CleanTheSlate

in Necromancer

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

Even if you can transfer blind, that just makes it mandatory or have fun missing your next attack. Good times to be a thief.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

The best part about the blind is that it ensures we can’t transfer it before we’ve lost more than we’ve healed.

Facts from Putrid mark wiki:

If the caster is Blinded, the Blind will be transferred along with other conditions (as long as it is not evaded or blocked).

Deathly Swarm:

Blindness will not cause this skill to miss if the condition is transferred.

Plague signet:

This skill is not affected by Blindness.

so i believe it wont change much if at all.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

Just guaranteed that I won’t ever use master of corruption. It’s like making yourself kittened to do mediocre dmg. How utterly terrible for CC and plague. Nell the other skills we have that are corruptions are not worth the cooldown reduction. So ducking weak. Hahahha ha joke anet… Jokes all around.

in Necromancer

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

I see only two reasonable solutions for the corruption trait. Either drop the additional condition effect or reduce cool downs of condition skills by at least 50%.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

doesn’t work like that. It says on foes. So you can’t actually do that to yourself.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Just want you want when you heal urself and are the focus. 10 stacks of vuln and blind so you can’t fear them off. They must be trolling us?

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.