Can minions finally be fixed?

in Necromancer

Posted by: themaster.9802

themaster.9802

It has been over 6 months since Guild Wars 2 has been released and minions still don’t attack most of the time. Can they finally get fixed?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bas.7406

Bas.7406

They aren’t broken. All AI designed by Anet is just bad this includes NPC’s and Pet AI for every class even Mesmers.

The difference is that Rangers (outside of crappy spirit pets) have control keys to override the AI, Mesmers can simply put out a crazy number of clones to offset the bad ai ones, and Guardians don’t care about Spirit Weapons.

Minion AI is simple. Two single target attacks = threat on that target. The first attack has to complete it’s channel so Dagger 1 actually needs to finish it’s chain before it is counted.

Bhawb and I will be working on a Minion Tutorial video this week.

in Necromancer

Posted by: themaster.9802

themaster.9802

I haven’t had problems with pets attacking on my ranger. They jump right to it and attack enemies. Minions however will literally do nothing and stand beside you before they jump into action about 5-10 seconds later.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Alri.9615

Alri.9615

i think i may need to look up a video on it. from what i’ve noticed i think minions have a slight delay before they auto attack. but im a staff Mm and i generally have to cast 1 ( those flying claws) first to get all my minions to start attacking.

Edit: i just realized that some peoples computers may be different and that many AI controlled minions may be to much for their computer.

Main: Azra Yuzukii/ 80 Elementalist
Guild:
Server: Dragonbrand Borderlands

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Minions have an approximately 4 second delay if you auto attack the enemy only once. They have “no” delay if you attack twice, only delaying until the start of the second auto attack.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bas.7406

Bas.7406

I haven’t had problems with pets attacking on my ranger. They jump right to it and attack enemies. Minions however will literally do nothing and stand beside you before they jump into action about 5-10 seconds later.

The function keys are the only way to force them to attack immediately. Otherwise there is a 2 second delay, which gets even longer when you pet swap, because they are facing the wrong way and then you have to wait until they turn around.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dead matrix.2670

Dead matrix.2670

I love the necromancer class in every game I play. that being said I’m only trying for constructive criticism here. to the OP it’s more like 10 months if you count the betas that the AI on all pets have been fairly unresponsive .but especially noticeable on the necromancer . I have to say that I disagree with any such talk about delays, and any talk about minions working after you use their utility skill. even though it seems that is the case. I believe it’s a pathing issue, and this is some thing you can check for yourself. if you pay close attention you will see that the Melee minions will fall behind while running unlike other pets that will stay up next to or even in front of your character as you move. because of this if your character starts an attack while this is happening the minions never engage. now to test my theory all you have to do is click on the ground to disengage your target, and then re engage the target. you will notice that the minions have caught up to you and now will instantly attack the target .this can only be a pathing issue. and I wish they would fix it after 10 months :-(

(edited by Dead matrix.2670)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kurrupt.9743

Kurrupt.9743

Why don’t they just give us a button that forces all of your minions to attack a target like the rangers have. This would be a quick fix to the issue if they were actually serious about doing something, but devs don’t actually play necros. This reminds me of GW1 where Eles and warriors always gets fixed but they would never do anything about the paragon being stuck into the Imba build, because they don’t actually play the class and could careless. I bet in 2014 we will still be discussing this and we will still be getting ignored.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Why don’t they just give us a button that forces all of your minions to attack a target like the rangers have.

1) Press 1
2) Press 1 again
3) ???
4) Profit

Seriously though, just auto attack your target, and you’ll be fine. Melee minions need some work, but it is far from ruining anyone’s game with the way they respond right now. I was interested by what Dead Matrix said about pathing issues, which would possibly explain some issues (they seem to have some trouble with tiny rocks), if true.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build