Can we buff PVE power dmg please?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kahrgan.7401

Kahrgan.7401

Currently sitting at the lowest. Keep SPVP dmg where it is, thats fine. I just want to not be told I cant play my necro because of poor balancing.

Don’t call anyone out on their BS, that’s an infraction and a deleted post. —Anet.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

i agree with this, power necro needs a huge buff especially when it lacks in every other area such as blocks/evades/invulns/buffs/utility

in Necromancer

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

I won’t ever argue being stronger… But it still is possible to play one! The only parties I ever see I cannot join are “T4 Fractals condi only.” other than that what are you being “excluded” from? =/

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

in Necromancer

Posted by: KrHome.1920

KrHome.1920

Currently sitting at the lowest. Keep SPVP dmg where it is, thats fine. I just want to not be told I cant play my necro because of poor balancing.

22k DPS seems to be what ANet has intended for a class that is unkillable in PvE.

On the other hand now where they started to separate PvE and sPvP balancing, there is no reason not to buff some DPS skills in PvE.

Increase the combined damage of GS/Dagger/Wells by 40% in PvE to land at a solid 30K DPS would be the easiest way.

i agree with this, power necro needs a huge buff especially when it lacks in every other area such as blocks/evades/invulns/buffs/utility

Power Reaper’s damage is not the problem in sPvP (and in PvE the class does not need blocks at all). The burst damage is insane already. The problem is other classes sustain through blocks/evades/invuln. with ultra short opportunities to land your own damage. In most cases when you lose a fight it is because you were outsustained and could not land your damage and not because your damage was too low.

(edited by KrHome.1920)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

It’s mainly because we lack damage modifiers. Currently we can get a maximum of +30% damage (close to death, strength of undeath, spiteful focus) with another +10 if you count the axe trait.
Greatsword itself doesn’t have bad damage, but rather its slow attacks coupled with this lack of necro damage modifiers makes it so greatsword dps is low.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Reknarok.7582

Reknarok.7582

Power Reaper’s damage is not the problem in sPvP (and in PvE the class does not need blocks at all). The burst damage is insane already. The problem is other classes sustain through blocks/evades/invuln. with ultra short opportunities to land your own damage. In most cases when you lose a fight it is because you were outsustained and could not land your damage and not because your damage was too low.

no it’s because we have near enough 0 mobility coupled with the fact that shroud doesn’t scale and inherent lack of stability. blocks, invulns, and evades all scale with both incoming damage and number of attackers, meaning that the more that’s coming in at you, the more value you’re getting out of those defences. shroud, on the other hand, will not only remain the same amount of damage “blocked” but it’ll lose value with more attackers or higher incoming damage. and the lack of stability means that while we shroud, all the opposing team has to do is control you, burn you, and within moments shroud drops off leaving you with very limited defensive capabilities.

1 on 1, we’re okay. if we play right we can beat just about anything thrown at us. when it gets into larger and larger fights our ability to stay alive diminishes rapidly.

in Necromancer

Posted by: KrHome.1920

KrHome.1920

1 on 1, we’re okay. if we play right we can beat just about anything thrown at us. when it gets into larger and larger fights our ability to stay alive diminishes rapidly.

It’s offtopic but okay…

If you go Demolisher, Knight or Paladin your sustain is pretty high. This does not affect your role as the boon corrupting class. If you still want to run Marauder you have options like Spectral Armor and Rise!. Spectral Armor during Shroud is functionally a 6 second block/invuln. – esp. when combined with toughness gear.

ANet gave necro options to invest in sustain gear and still maintain damage.

Examples:
- +50% crit chance in shroud
- increased crit chance on vulnerable foes
- 25 might (self stacked)
- functionally increased damage through boon corrupts (e.g. protection corruption)

I don’t get why people are ignoring this for years now.

It’s like when everyone was telling me Power Reaper is bad and I got carried by others to division 5+ for 4 seasons. Suddenly a variant of the build I run since HoT release is used by NOS and now everyone says it’s super strong. Just laughable.

(edited by KrHome.1920)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

It’s offtopic but okay…

If you go Knights or Paladin your sustain is pretty high. This does not affect your role as the boon corrupting class. If you still want to run Marauder you have options like Spectral Armor and Rise!. Spectral Armor during Shroud is functionally a block/invuln.

ANet gave necro options to invest in sustain gear and still maintain damage.

Examples:
- +50% crit chance in shroud
- increased crit chance on vulnerable foes
- 25 might (self stacked)
- functionally increased damage through boon corrupts (e.g. protection corruption)

I don’t get why people are ignoring this for years now.

It’s like when everyone was telling me Power Reaper is bad and I got carried by others to division 5+ for 4 seasons. Suddenly a variant of the build I run since HoT release is used by NOS and now everyone says it’s super strong. Just laughable.

I’m a 100% on board with this statement. Been using power corruption reaper since s2 and doing pretty great with it, and ppl still told me to swap to condi because power wasn’t meta. Meta isn’t necessarily the best possible solo build, it’s just the build that synergizes best with other meta builds generally. But when the team comp is off by just 1 single class, meta suddenly loses all meaning.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Pvp meta and antimeta is defined by what most poeple run.

It took
-warrior, who was always 1v1 counter, to get the healing buff
-DH, getting from 3x /40s cleanse a buff to 5x /25s
-scrapers and druids moving to healing amulets without toughness
-eles losing cleric amulet, gl killing that with power
-aaand necro itself getting a channel speed up time and 4th damage increase since launch.

you could kill most stuff easier with condis, now its easier with power.
and before you had to deal with a meta condi necro on enemy and power relies even more on allied cleanses and heal to keep him slashing in melee.

meta is meta for a reason.
what youre complaining about is meta builds forcing synergies and being worse without that coordination.
The main point of meta however is having best matchups against everything, if you know a specific name or see a triple class stacked -then by all means go hardcounter them- but the other 8/10 majority of games meta will win.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in Necromancer

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

Pvp meta and antimeta is defined by what most poeple run.

That’s not true. It simply can’t be, or does metabattle run polls in HotM mapchat? Meta is defined by the top players running it. Power necro is meta because Nos is running it. Not the average players, and/or most people. And top players are usually team oriented. Whereas competent soloQers pretty much take care of themselves.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

It’s mainly because we lack damage modifiers. Currently we can get a maximum of +30% damage (close to death, strength of undeath, spiteful focus) with another +10 if you count the axe trait.
Greatsword itself doesn’t have bad damage, but rather its slow attacks coupled with this lack of necro damage modifiers makes it so greatsword dps is low.

Back on topic.
This..this is the sole reason necro power damage is so low compared. Most, if not all, damage modifiers, increases and decreases, are multiplicative ( bar like a handful of exceptions) . So the more you have the better.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

Disregarding pinging Epidemics, which would require two Necs, Power DPS benchmark is higher than Condi since the Jagged Horror nerf.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

they are starting to do pvp only versions of skills. this may mean we will see some buffs across the board.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Necromancer

Sublimatio.6981

Disregarding pinging Epidemics, which would require two Necs, Power DPS benchmark is higher than Condi since the Jagged Horror nerf.

I just tried rotations with all buffs 4mln large golem – power got me 26.5k, condi got me 24.1k.
that being said, condi dps didnt account for thorn rune bonus – with it condi would outdps power. add epidemic and you get a huge dps difference.

bonus info: because gs auto had reduced aftercasts, it got me 2k more dps than rotating between dagger and shroud! actually camping gs is now better

(edited by Sublimatio.6981)

in Necromancer

Aktium.9506

I just tried rotations with all buffs 4mln large golem – power got me 26.5k, condi got me 24.1k.
that being said, condi dps didnt account for thorn rune bonus – with it condi would outdps power. add epidemic and you get a huge dps difference.

bonus info: because gs auto had reduced aftercasts, it got me 2k more dps than rotating between dagger and shroud! actually camping gs is now better

Ye, when I was doing my dps tests a while back I came to the conclusion that using dagger, shroud or any combination of them results in a dps loss regardless of the rotational configuration. Camping GS is top dps.

Attachments:

in Necromancer

Sublimatio.6981

nice rng, or did you use night sigil?

in Necromancer

Aktium.9506

nice rng, or did you use night sigil?

Nah, Force/Air.

in Necromancer

Kahrgan.7401

Ye, when I was doing my dps tests a while back I came to the conclusion that using dagger, shroud or any combination of them results in a dps loss regardless of the rotational configuration. Camping GS is top dps.

Compared to 36k thief, or 39k ele :P thats still a significant difference.

Don’t call anyone out on their BS, that’s an infraction and a deleted post. —Anet.

in Necromancer

Aktium.9506

Compared to 36k thief, or 39k ele :P thats still a significant difference.

Well yes, it’s only good in the context of Necro builds. I never said anything else. Functionality-wise, a Power Nec fills sort of the same function as a Guardian with hammer build. Except Power Nec does 1k less dps benchmark, less prot uptime, less party healing and less breakbar dmg. But it’s an alternative to Condi for sure. I refuse to believe Thorns adds 4k~ dps to the benchmark. I could be wrong of course since I haven’t done the math. And Epi pinging is irrelevant because if you’re running Necro in raids its most likely because you’re either stubborn and refuse to not play your main or because its the only character you’ve got properly geared. So the chances of ever having a 2 Nec comp are relatively low. Not to mention Epi only boosts one of the Necro’s dps. It’s not Power that needs to be buffed, It’s Necro as a whole because both Condi and Power are lackluster nowadays. I think nerfing other classes down to similar levels is a better way to do it though.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Remove the ridiculous aftercast on Gravedigger and buff its damage, buff Reaper Shroud so it’s actually a DPS form you build up life form for.

Change Shivers of dread garbage minor to +10% extra damage to chilled/crippled targets.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

in Necromancer

Aktium.9506

buff Reaper Shroud so it’s actually a DPS form you build up life form for.

You would have to more or less double the power damage modifiers on Reaper Shroud then. Reaper Shroud only clocks in at about a 18k~ benchmark.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

Spectral Armor during Shroud is functionally a 6 second block/invuln. – esp. when combined with toughness gear.

That’s not totally true. If you look there’s an internal cooldown of 1 sec that make this skill good but not a invulenrability skill. That can be good against a mid dps or a bunker class, but a thief will eat you alive anyway, the same for a revenant, a dh or a good warrior.

Talking about the PvE damage, we need a power up for shure. But our class is not intended to have a good dps because we have the best survavibility of this game (“two life bar” as someone say), then we lost dps for that.
Also, we’re intended to have minions and they steal a lot of our dps, similar for the ranger and his minions (still if they’re in the main mechaninc and ours not).

A better amount of damage modifier would fix our problem. Also a little rework on some weapon skills as the GS.

We can hope to see that in the future.

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

Remove the ridiculous aftercast on Gravedigger and buff its damage, buff Reaper Shroud so it’s actually a DPS form you build up life form for.

Change Shivers of dread garbage minor to +10% extra damage to chilled/crippled targets.

Gravedigger definitely needs an aftercast shave and possibly a slight cast time reduction, but its damage is fine. Even with our meagre damage modifiers, it can pump out up to 30k in one hit. That seems much more reasonable if the entire cast time and aftercast was closer to 1 second rather than 2.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Gravedigger definitely needs an aftercast shave and possibly a slight cast time reduction, but its damage is fine. Even with our meagre damage modifiers, it can pump out up to 30k in one hit. That seems much more reasonable if the entire cast time and aftercast was closer to 1 second rather than 2.

what is 30k in one hit?

is that a lot?

joke aside graveddiger is equal to thief auto in dps, make your own opinion out of that.

Attachments:

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in Necromancer

Posted by: narcx.3570

narcx.3570

^^^ This. They just need to give Reaper Shroud a straight PvE only increase to it’s auto attack’s damage. Right now, as far as power builds are concerned, you have to take the entire trait line just to use GS and everything else is a dps loss/wasted elite spec. (From a raid standpoint I mean… Decimate defenses/chilling victory are both pretty solid in 5 man groups depending on your access to crit buffs or might.)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

You would have to more or less double the power damage modifiers on Reaper Shroud then. Reaper Shroud only clocks in at about a 18k~ benchmark.

It needs to happen, even if only for PvE or reduced effect in PvP.

Shroud takes time to build and is a resource just like adrenaline or energy, and yet its use in PvP is as a glorified turtle form that costs you DPS. No other class even pays such a substantial amount of DPS to gain access to defenses.

And it’s not like DS/RS are free, necromancer heals are utter garbage precisely because DS/RS exist.

Shroud should come with a damage payoff, you pull out a big godkitten ed scythe and it turns out it only tickles.

in Necromancer

Aktium.9506

you pull out a big godkitten ed scythe and it turns out it only tickles.

Well, it is made out of feathers after all.

in Necromancer

Kahrgan.7401

Shroud takes time to build and is a resource just like adrenaline or energy, and yet its use in PvP is as a glorified turtle form that costs you DPS. No other class even pays such a substantial amount of DPS to gain access to defenses.

And it’s not like DS/RS are free, necromancer heals are utter garbage precisely because DS/RS exist.

Shroud should come with a damage payoff, you pull out a big godkitten ed scythe and it turns out it only tickles.

whole-heartidly agree with this. Our defenses should be in non-shroud, and shroud should be a big dps boost imo.

(edited by Kahrgan.7401)

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

whole-heartidly agree with this. Our defenses should be in non-shroud, and shroud should be a big dps boost imo.

To be honest the only way they’d do that is by removing the health bar from shroud. I’d be all for this if it meant we got a big damage boost and defensive utilities (spectral armour = invuln pls anet).

in Necromancer

Kahrgan.7401

To be honest the only way they’d do that is by removing the health bar from shroud. I’d be all for this if it meant we got a big damage boost and defensive utilities (spectral armour = invuln pls anet).

That would be kinda cool if shroud had its own utilities.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lalainnia.3598

Lalainnia.3598

Reapers onslaught would prob be the trait imo to change if anet ever wants to increase power damage on reaper through shroud not sure how but it feels like a good candidate, atm its kinda underwhelming unless you’re solo and have a lot of things to kill.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

Onslaught is good for Swamp, at least during the horde phases. Combined with Transfusion is a pretty nice heal for your allies.

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

Onslaught should change in:

3 sec reduction of all shroud skills on nearby kills
3% LF gains from nearby deaths while in shroud
Critical strikes done while in reaper’s shroud apply 1 stack of Reaper Shroud’s Mark

Reaper Shroud’s Mark: damage taken by critical strikes is increased by 1%
10 maximum stack /10 sec

(edited by Vitali.5039)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Each profession should have its own caps on boon and condition stacking. That would flatten the scaling problems so Necromancer and other professions would be less peaky.